New Topic Respond to this Topic
hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 16th, 2009 @ 10:42 PM Reply

At 12/15/09 06:37 AM, camobch0 wrote: I came out to my parents yesterday. omg...... it was weird. My mom just went upstairs and my dad had a talk with me about it. Wtf? Why can't it just be totally acceptable culturally?

It's always ok if they are iffy at first. just get through it. people will get used to it soon enough and start treating you normal again.

eh.

BBS Signature
Paryl
Paryl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 12:29 AM Reply

Why are you gay?

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 04:29 AM Reply

At 12/16/09 08:14 PM, camobch0 wrote: Hey, what do you guys think of my bf? BTW, ignore me, I look totally ugly there X)

Yeah, he's hot. And you look good too. Everyone is just so self consious about their photos.

At 12/17/09 12:29 AM, Paryl wrote: Why are you gay?

Because guys are hot?

you aska silly question you get a silly answer...

I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 05:13 AM Reply

At 12/17/09 12:29 AM, Paryl wrote: Why are you gay?

Don't ask me silly questions, and I don't play silly games.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 06:38 AM Reply

At 12/16/09 08:14 PM, camobch0 wrote: Hey, what do you guys think of my bf? BTW, ignore me, I look totally ugly there X)

I'd totally bang both you and your boyfriend.

If that was ok with you...

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
PaNicATtaCk64
PaNicATtaCk64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 12:58 PM Reply

I recently remember something my dad said that made me sad:

Little brother and sister(talking to each other): Wah! Thats so gay! Your so gay!

Me: Dad, do you here what they are saying?

My Father: Oh yes, stop that you two. There is nothing wrong with being gay. BUT I would hope that none of you are gay.

Me: wh..Why?

My Father: Well I think that it would cause alot of unhappiness in your lives. I assume we can now assume YOU are not gay?

Me: Oh... Oh uh yes.

My dad is not a bigot and he used to be an ally in his day and would hang out with his gay friends at gay bars, but he is getting more and more right wing every day...

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 01:43 PM Reply

At 12/17/09 12:58 PM, PaNicATtaCk64 wrote: My dad is not a bigot and he used to be an ally in his day and would hang out with his gay friends at gay bars, but he is getting more and more right wing every day...

My dad has always been somewhat homophobic but is growing more and more racist thanks to the BNP. Which has lead to some very heated arguments.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 01:53 PM Reply

My mom more or less knows I'm Bi, it's kinda like an elephant in the room. She seems to be OK with it.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
PaNicATtaCk64
PaNicATtaCk64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 12/17/09 01:53 PM, JohnnyWang wrote: My mom more or less knows I'm Bi, it's kinda like an elephant in the room. She seems to be OK with it.

Hmm the closet is getting emptier by the day...

AND WHOEVER BEHIND ME QUIT KICKING!

And pass me the torch I can't see a thing...

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 12/17/09 12:58 PM, PaNicATtaCk64 wrote: My Father: Well I think that it would cause alot of unhappiness in your lives. I assume we can now assume YOU are not gay?

I don't think that is necessarily true, and a lot of the unhappiness comes with not being able to be out, so I don't get why he'd make sure you weren't. Silly. I guess if you come out to him later, make sure he knows you are just as happy as you would be if you were straight.

At 12/17/09 01:43 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: My dad has always been somewhat homophobic but is growing more and more racist thanks to the BNP. Which has lead to some very heated arguments.

I don't even live there and the BNP pisses me off. Shame your dad has to like them.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 07:45 PM Reply

At 12/17/09 12:58 PM, PaNicATtaCk64 wrote: My Father: Well I think that it would cause alot of unhappiness in your lives. I assume we can now assume YOU are not gay?

Sounds like just a rationalization to me, albeit it could be bad wording. I mean, I definitely would support my kid if he/she was gay, but if I was living in a rather homophobic area, I can't honestly say that I wouldn't hope that the kid wasn't queer. In my area, I wouldn't have any worries, but in some places, I would be concerned about what the child would have to put up with. So, there is some truth to it.

Though, it's also possible that he has underlying feelings regarding homosexuality that he's simply covering up with a politically correct explanation in the presence of his children. I don't really know enough about your dad to judge.

At 12/17/09 01:43 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: My dad has always been somewhat homophobic but is growing more and more racist thanks to the BNP. Which has lead to some very heated arguments.

The stupidity of the reasons that humanity chooses to attack each other just baffles my mind. I recently finished up a unit on the civil rights movement in my American history class and I was blown away with the question, "why the hell did this even have to happen?" We fight over gender, we fight over the melanin concentration in our skin, we fight over sexual attractions, et al. It's ridiculous.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 12/17/09 05:57 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
I don't think that is necessarily true, and a lot of the unhappiness comes with not being able to be out, so I don't get why he'd make sure you weren't. Silly. I guess if you come out to him later, make sure he knows you are just as happy as you would be if you were straight.

Agreed. Being in the closet sucks and caused a lot of mental issues (anxiety disorder, depression, identity problems, SAD, etc) when i was in middle school. Being openly gay makes me (and a lot of others too, i've noticed) really happy and excited, because i know that my "different" sexuality is a special and beautiful thing. I think that a lot of straight people take their sexuality for granite.

eh.

BBS Signature
camobch0
camobch0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 17th, 2009 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 12/17/09 06:38 AM, HighWayStar365 wrote: I'd totally bang both you and your boyfriend.
If that was ok with you...

Hahaha most def! Lemme go grab some condoms...

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 18th, 2009 @ 03:36 AM Reply

At 12/17/09 07:45 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: We fight over gender, we fight over the melanin concentration in our skin, we fight over sexual attractions, et al. It's ridiculous.

They're all distractions from the real conflict; between those who have and those who have not. Sometimes the divide, by gender, ethnicit or nationality runs roughly across the line, but reallly, the only worthwhile cconflict in the world is between the owning class and the owned class.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 18th, 2009 @ 07:11 AM Reply

At 12/17/09 09:17 PM, camobch0 wrote: Hahaha most def! Lemme go grab some condoms...

I must warn you, I have no penis.

BBS Signature
hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 18th, 2009 @ 08:09 AM Reply

At 12/18/09 07:11 AM, HighWayStar365 wrote:
At 12/17/09 09:17 PM, camobch0 wrote: Hahaha most def! Lemme go grab some condoms...
I must warn you, I have no penis.

Are you sure?

eh.

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 18th, 2009 @ 12:02 PM Reply

At 12/18/09 03:36 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: They're all distractions from the real conflict; between those who have and those who have not. Sometimes the divide, by gender, ethnicit or nationality runs roughly across the line, but reallly, the only worthwhile cconflict in the world is between the owning class and the owned class.

True, but how do you fix a problem like that? Classic Marxism preaches about how communism would fix it, but it would only cause a general deterioration in society as more professional jobs are disregarded because they pay the same as manual work.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 18th, 2009 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 12/18/09 12:25 PM, kisame wrote: Dad:get the fuck out my house.

Me: How could you do this? I'M YOUR SON!

Dad: I HAVE NO SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What???

Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 18th, 2009 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 12/18/09 12:02 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: True, but how do you fix a problem like that?

Honestly? I don't know. I just feel like spouting rethoric. Mostly, I'm thinking the system needs to be changed, by educating people; that's the start. Educated people are harder to lead around. Then, when people know what's involved, they'lll also notice that there's problems that need fixing, and maybe work on that.

It's a long process, and frankly, I don't know if it'll work. I'm a cynical idealist, really.

Classic Marxism

Marxism really just says that the plateau is inevitable, one way or the other. I would't call myself a classical Marxist, though his philosophy has inspired my thought. I'm more a Mutualist and/or a Social Libertarian.

Also, sorry for getting all preachy again. Too much Kropotkin.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 18th, 2009 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 12/18/09 04:40 PM, JohnnyWang wrote:
At 12/18/09 12:02 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: True, but how do you fix a problem like that?
Honestly? I don't know. I just feel like spouting rethoric. Mostly, I'm thinking the system needs to be changed, by educating people; that's the start. Educated people are harder to lead around. Then, when people know what's involved, they'lll also notice that there's problems that need fixing, and maybe work on that.

It's a long process, and frankly, I don't know if it'll work. I'm a cynical idealist, really.

To be honest, as deeply flawed our system is, it's as good as it gets. There will forever be prejudice, it's human nature to discriminate for inane reasons like hair colour or your chosen invisible friend. However, with the class problem, no matter what you do you'll lose. You lose the classes and make everyone equal and you kill motivation, you keep it and you have the higher class raping the lower class.

Classic Marxism
Marxism really just says that the plateau is inevitable, one way or the other. I would't call myself a classical Marxist, though his philosophy has inspired my thought. I'm more a Mutualist and/or a Social Libertarian.

Also, sorry for getting all preachy again. Too much Kropotkin.

I would think of myself as just a medium libertarian. While I'm not full out hard-core wanting complete anarchy (and thus, freedom from the government), I also would like the government to simply fuck off where they shouldn't be more than they currently are. Like, as much as I am a supporter of religion, I would like them to stop religion from having any remote say in law. As societies, America, England, Finland, so on, we're INCREDIBLY over-due for complete secularisation. While there should be religion in countries, they shouldn't even have a remote fucking say in who gets marriage benefits and who doesn't.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 18th, 2009 @ 06:21 PM Reply

I don't think this is as good as it gets. The speed we're destroying the planet means the idea of perpetual growth is simply unsustainable. And yes, I don't really think we can completely get rid of some sort of class system; but doesn't mean it couldn't be handled more fairly.

If a random chance at the stock market can send several countries' economies in a downward spiral (The Asian Currency Crisis), with immense human cost, there's just something worng. What to others was a day when their life savings went worthless and later drove people to mass suicides, was to others... a thursday.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 19th, 2009 @ 06:03 AM Reply

At 12/18/09 06:21 PM, JohnnyWang wrote: I don't think this is as good as it gets. The speed we're destroying the planet means the idea of perpetual growth is simply unsustainable. And yes, I don't really think we can completely get rid of some sort of class system; but doesn't mean it couldn't be handled more fairly.

If a random chance at the stock market can send several countries' economies in a downward spiral (The Asian Currency Crisis), with immense human cost, there's just something worng. What to others was a day when their life savings went worthless and later drove people to mass suicides, was to others... a thursday.

I understand well, but I don't see any idea to eliminate that kind of problem. The closest I can think of is compensation to who's lives were wrecked due to careless behaviour by the person who caused it, but even then it's a long shot from fair treatment.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 19th, 2009 @ 08:00 AM Reply

But enough politics; there are real questions to discuss.

Like bears or twinks?

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Rad
Rad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 19th, 2009 @ 01:37 PM Reply

At 12/19/09 08:00 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: But enough politics; there are real questions to discuss.

Like bears or twinks?

Twinks.

Bears are kind of intimidating, claws and all...

First blood! First topic of 2010!
KC Green has just won my heart.
Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 19th, 2009 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 12/19/09 08:00 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: Like bears or twinks?

I'm going to go with twinks, but sometimes bears can be pretty nice.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
PaNicATtaCk64
PaNicATtaCk64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 19th, 2009 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 12/19/09 08:00 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: But enough politics; there are real questions to discuss.

Like bears or twinks?

does this mean fem or butch because i have NO idea what you are talking about...

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 19th, 2009 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 12/19/09 08:00 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: Like bears or twinks?

Bears are awesome because they have a type of hug named after them.

BBS Signature
hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 19th, 2009 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 12/19/09 08:00 AM, JohnnyWang wrote:
Like bears or twinks?

Definitely twinks. Bears are....ew.

But of course i don't really know yet. I don't like the idea of saying "i like men". I don't think i like "men". I like guys around my age, and it's kind of exclusively like that. I don't like guys that are more than a year older than me, it's an automatic turn off.

Is that normal?

eh.

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 19th, 2009 @ 06:04 PM Reply

At 12/19/09 05:48 PM, hhcash wrote: Is that normal?

Yes. but older = more experience. It's a tough call.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club Dec. 19th, 2009 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 12/19/09 03:34 PM, PaNicATtaCk64 wrote:

Like bears or twinks?
does this mean fem or butch because i have NO idea what you are talking about...

Lol SEE this is why we need more lesbos in here!

BBS Signature