00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ThomasBlack0001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

WTF is Newgrounds so addicting...

6,873 Views | 146 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-11 10:40:30

lol so how long have you been on newgrounds? 3 years? 4 years?

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-11 23:02:51

At 7/8/08 07:22 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I have a feeling that YOU good sir are addicted to Newgrounds. And if not newgrounds then the forums. I rarely check out the games NG has to offer anymore since i have seen most of them. I vote 5 on Flash everyday, but that has gotten kind of boring for me as well. What keeps me on NG is the forums and the reviews people give for the music I make. I remember how excited I was when I got top of the week on one of my trance songs. People started giving me reviews. Thats what keeps me addicted!

If you meant me, did I ever say I wasn't addicted to NG?

Hell, right above your post, there's me replying to someone who claimed that NG was addictive because of the redesign with this:

"NG was just as addictive before the redesign, sorry."

If I said that, clearly it means I think NG was addictive both before AND after the redesign, meaning the redesign didn't suddenly make NG addictive. It was always addictive. There's your answer. O_o

As to WHY, however, yes... that's another matter.

At 7/11/08 10:40 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: lol so how long have you been on newgrounds? 3 years? 4 years?

WTF does that have to do with what he said to you? Look at his frickin' sign-up date, dude. Do the fucking math yourself.

Also, as he told you, he asked you a question:

"So according to you there will never be any new games ever entering the portal?"

Can't answer it, eh?

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-12 00:58:15

Uh... everything your said is incorrect. 1st of all I wasnt talking to you. 2nd of all I was judging he had been on NG for 3 or 4 years from his very high level. 3rd of all I was just stating the obvious that you are addicted to NG because of your BBS posts... I never said you said you werent or anything. Lol just chill out.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-12 11:24:09

At 7/10/08 05:33 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Yeah you are just repeating what I said lol. I never play the games on the protal, Just never like to. And I make music because i think it is fun.

And I answered his questiomn in this quote dumbass. :D

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-12 11:48:53

At 7/11/08 10:40 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: lol so how long have you been on newgrounds? 3 years? 4 years?

4 Years, 2 Months and 14 Days to be precise :P

At 7/11/08 11:02 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
WTF does that have to do with what he said to you? Look at his frickin' sign-up date, dude. Do the fucking math yourself.

Wow, someone's pissed of the gfox.

Also, as he told you, he asked you a question:

"So according to you there will never be any new games ever entering the portal?"

Can't answer it, eh?

It's a difficult one to answer, I'll admit. I have played games that are rehashes of certain other game, but then again, there are new ones that come up on NG every now and again. For example, I've never played a game called Mastermind on a computer before. Sure, we played the game as kids over at my house, but now it's on a computer. That was released about 3 months ago, if that.

At 7/12/08 11:24 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 7/10/08 05:33 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Yeah you are just repeating what I said lol. I never play the games on the protal, Just never like to. And I make music because i think it is fun.

You need to work on your people skills a little bit. I'm addressing this to you, FatKidWitAJetPak, as you're insulting a friend of mine. Please stop, he's not a dumbass. I will accept that you don't play games that come through the portal as soon as they enter the judgement process. That's your loss. I play them there and then because I can, but it doesn't stop fresh games becoming available every day of the year.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-12 14:52:32

At 7/12/08 12:58 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Uh... everything your said is incorrect. 1st of all I wasnt talking to you.

1st of all, I couldn't tell who you were talking to, because this was your post:

At 7/8/08 07:22 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I have a feeling that YOU good sir are addicted to Newgrounds. And if not newgrounds then the forums. I rarely check out the games NG has to offer anymore since i have seen most of them. I vote 5 on Flash everyday, but that has gotten kind of boring for me as well. What keeps me on NG is the forums and the reviews people give for the music I make. I remember how excited I was when I got top of the week on one of my trance songs. People started giving me reviews. Thats what keeps me addicted!

AS LONG AS YOU FAIL AT QUOTING WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO, you will forever be looked down upon on this forum. That shit may fly over in General, but not here.

You posted the above 1 day after my post, directly UNDERNEATH my post, and I couldn't see anyone else on the current page you could have been talking to other than me. Thanks for wasting my time!

2nd of all I was judging he had been on NG for 3 or 4 years from his very high level.

So you were talking to Coop all along? Again, isn't his sign-up date a bit more of an indicator of a 4 year NG account than his "Very high level"?

3rd of all I was just stating the obvious that you are addicted to NG because of your BBS posts... I never said you said you werent or anything. Lol just chill out.

So you WERE talking to me, as well? Make up your mind, dude.

NO. YOU CHILL OUT. I AM ON FIRE, I SHALL NOT BE COOLED DOWN. #;-}>

At 7/12/08 11:24 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:

Whose question, Coop's?

ONCE AGAIN YOU DIDN'T QUOTE WHO OR WHAT YOU WERE REPLYING TO, SO YOU FAILED AGAIN.

If it makes me a dumbass to make it clear who I'm talking to in a thread, then wow... okay. I love being a dumbass.

JOIN ME, it kinda makes you a better BBS user to be such a dumbass as this. SEE HOW I QUOTE? Wow. It's so... revolutionary and amazing. The technology that makes it possible... so hard to wrap your brain around, eh? I know, it's tough.

Do your best!

At 7/12/08 11:48 AM, Coop83 wrote: 4 Years, 2 Months and 14 Days to be precise :P

PRECISION!

At 7/11/08 11:02 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
Wow, someone's pissed of the gfox.

He reminds me of idiots on Team Fortress 2 I've been dealing with for a week now.

Fortunately, I've met about 100 good players, and only around 5 idiots. It's an amazingly good ratio, much better than what I tend to hear about Halo2/3 (I wouldn't know, I've only played Halo 1 online, and that's PC, not Xbox, anyway).

BACK ON TOPIC:

And I obviously knew he was talking to you there. He seems to think I thought he was talking to me again. But I would have thought the "he" and "his" in my sentences would BE A BIT OF A TIP-OFF.

That, and every single Coop post on the BBS says "2004" under the level icon, but... I guess that's a bit TOO SIMPLE for JetPakKid.

It's a difficult one to answer, I'll admit. I have played games that are rehashes of certain other game, but then again, there are new ones that come up on NG every now and again. For example, I've never played a game called Mastermind on a computer before. Sure, we played the game as kids over at my house, but now it's on a computer. That was released about 3 months ago, if that.

Hedgehog Launch is just another kitten cannon, but it is an awesome game. Screw "new"ness, I just want quality gameplay and fun/replayability when it comes to games. Be it PC, console, or flash.

Or hell, be it board or card. #;-}>

You need to work on your people skills a little bit. I'm addressing this to you, FatKidWitAJetPak, as you're insulting a friend of mine. Please stop, he's not a dumbass. I will accept that you don't play games that come through the portal as soon as they enter the judgement process. That's your loss. I play them there and then because I can, but it doesn't stop fresh games becoming available every day of the year.

No, no. He seems to think you're a dumbass if you post with quotes to show what the hell you're talking about. I'm embracing the dumbass label now, since he probably brings that attitude/conception from General. Over there, you're a dumbass if you can post understandably, I suppose.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-12 17:36:14

You need to work on your people skills a little bit.

Lol I'm not being serious or anything.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-12 17:38:25

Oh and ok I'll quote from now on to make sure I don't make anyone angry... COUGH. No one in particular COUGH.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-14 13:49:59

Oh come on! This thread couldnt of died this quickly...

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-14 14:22:59

At 6/30/08 12:28 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Ok... so i have gone around Ng and have realized that many people are addicted to newgrounds. It is like an epidemic.. a good epidemic. Like a virus that spawns candy everywhere you go. BUT THE CANDY CONSUMES OUR LIVES. Curses to the candy! Ohh... but it is very good candy.

So this is mainly about WHO IS ADDICTED TO NEWGROUNDS AND WHY, and Why newgrounds is addicting.

Its like drugs or something.

Newgrounds is just a flash, audio and community websites, why don't you just go crawl back into Facebook or shitty bebo for fuck sake!

How about the FN-P90

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-14 15:36:14

At 7/14/08 01:49 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Oh come on! This thread couldnt of died this quickly...

Threads come and go, you should know that btw.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-15 17:12:58

At 7/14/08 08:44 PM, wtflolnoob wrote: Its because we are figuring out how to make flashes and stuff, getting better, uploading material, etc.
Newgrounds is set up like a video game. an addicting one.

Yeah, a video game that gets updated a lot.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-15 17:15:27

At 7/15/08 05:12 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 7/14/08 08:44 PM, wtflolnoob wrote: Its because we are figuring out how to make flashes and stuff, getting better, uploading material, etc.
Newgrounds is set up like a video game. an addicting one.
Yeah, a video game that gets updated a lot.

OMG, NEWGROUNDS MMO! Also, I think it's pretty good as a whole when there's nothing to do, it's a good time-waster (along with making actual flash and games).

Stick, basic mannequin, add details, proper shape and form, features, erase basic lines, clothing, retrace.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-16 16:49:56

At 7/16/08 11:14 AM, bigfuckenazz wrote: fuck all of you

ahahahahahahahah...

anyway, a Newgrounds RPG would be a great game!!!!!

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-16 17:06:04

At 7/16/08 04:49 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 7/16/08 11:14 AM, bigfuckenazz wrote: fuck all of you
ahahahahahahahah...

anyway, a Newgrounds RPG would be a great game!!!!!

You mean like this one?

Stick, basic mannequin, add details, proper shape and form, features, erase basic lines, clothing, retrace.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-16 23:29:52

Nah., I mean like an adventure quest sort of thing.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-17 03:48:45

At 7/12/08 05:38 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Oh and ok I'll quote from now on to make sure I don't make anyone angry... COUGH. No one in particular COUGH.

Hey, you don't want to see Coop when HE gets angry. #;-}>

And if you thought I was actually angry.... eh... not really.

MILDLY IRRITATED, perhaps.

At 7/14/08 01:49 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Oh come on! This thread couldnt of died this quickly...

See? Antagonism does wonders for thread activity. One would think you already learned that from your previous Wi/Ht? topic experiment KK-spamfest. #;-}>

At 7/16/08 05:06 PM, Unknown-Inc wrote:
At 7/16/08 04:49 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: anyway, a Newgrounds RPG would be a great game!!!!!
You mean like this one?

I was thinking of that when the topic turned to a "Newgrounds timewaster game," because... yes, the only thing more timewastery than wasting time doing shit on NG... is wasting time in NG Sim PRETENDING to do shit on NG.

That said, the topic was about a MMO, and Sim is a single player RPG, so it's a bit apples and oranges.

The thought of so much meta-ness happening... makes me want to cry, though. We don't need all the severely-addicted NG folks who love NG so much and use NG 24/7 ALREADY... resorting to a MMORPG version of NG for even MORE fun. Just enjoy ACTUAL NG, folks. Please. It's much safer that way.

It's kinda like how Valve made it where you can't shoot a portal THROUGH a portal.... you've gotta slap dem portals on surfaces within your own freakin' room, not the.... "meta" room. After all... if that were possible, then it would be possible to portal into the "META meta" room, and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE. Literally. DOOM style.

:::playing too much DOOM III lately:::

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-17 08:02:11

NEWGROUNDS is why i wake up in the morning

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-17 08:27:23

At 7/12/08 02:52 PM, gfoxcook wrote: No, no. He seems to think you're a dumbass if you post with quotes to show what the hell you're talking about. I'm embracing the dumbass label now, since he probably brings that attitude/conception from General.

In that case, I shall join you with the label of 'dumbass' as well. Come, my Texan brother, let us ride our mighty steeds to places that will accept us for our simple ways *rides off into sunset*

It could have, but then again, it can be resurrected quite quickly as well. I wouldn't reccommend that you keep bumping it like that though.

At 7/17/08 03:48 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 7/12/08 05:38 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Oh and ok I'll quote from now on to make sure I don't make anyone angry... COUGH. No one in particular COUGH.
Hey, you don't want to see Coop when HE gets angry. #;-}>

The blood vessels on my temple are the best indication of when I'm about to blow. I don't go green and tear people a new anus, but it gets messy.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-17 16:27:41

At 7/17/08 09:44 AM, ParadoxSaint wrote: For me, newgrounds has a harder, much stronger influence than any other substance that has been in my brain.

God it is so true... I wonder if scientists ever do experiments where they have kids just sit in a closed room with computers...

Oh and I do read everyones comments about the thread. Saying that because some have asked me.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-18 17:18:56

At 7/17/08 09:44 AM, ParadoxSaint wrote: For me, newgrounds has a harder, much stronger influence than any other substance that has been in my brain.

You know that combination of ingredients that makes Pringles so more-ish? Newgrounds is like that, but in electronic format.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-18 17:30:09

Since i'm new , I find it very addicting to be able to speak english, it sounds and feels alot more different than when you speak your own language.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-20 14:44:13

At 7/18/08 05:30 PM, gazmask wrote: Since i'm new , I find it very addicting to be able to speak english, it sounds and feels alot more different than when you speak your own language.

What do you mean? Oh and you have a lot of posts for level one. Do you ever vote to get your stats up?

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-21 01:09:28

At 7/20/08 02:44 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 7/18/08 05:30 PM, gazmask wrote: Since i'm new , I find it very addicting to be able to speak english, it sounds and feels alot more different than when you speak your own language.
What do you mean? Oh and you have a lot of posts for level one. Do you ever vote to get your stats up?

There's plenty of people who don't level up, but still do their share of posting on the BBS. For example, there's that one dude who trolls General constantly, ngman7 (formerly Mavericker but that account was permab&), level 1, over 1000 posts. Suaron's different incarnations are also examples, since he usually avoids leveling up but still makes Flash and posts, or cr0m has and had some accounts too. Remember his account cr0mxt from WTF Kitty Krew, the one I got deleted when it submitted some Abu Ghraib stuff? Level 2, post count forgotten but it was more than that dude's. And him getting to Level 2 was an accident.

Also, what he probably means is that he's a native speaker of a language other than English, and he's somewhat addicted to speaking a language other than his own. Or maybe I need to get some more sleep.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-21 23:43:34

WEll actually his account got deleted because of me when i pmes Wade about his inapropriate pic when you entered his profile of a jar going up someones but. *shiver*

And there is a mod who is level 1 as well.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-21 23:50:14

I can admit that I see myself being on newgrounds until I absolutely can't. I even talked ot my girfriend about when I get married all I want is about 4 hours a day for newgrounds and she finally said fine to it. I am honestly addicted, but I still find time to do work, hang out with friends, hang out with my girlfriend, and just do stuff that people would do in a normal life. The only way that I've made more time for newgrounds is not going on any other website at all. I've actually committed myself to this website and no other website when I'm on the internet. I so wish I would of been able to be here for the years that I had this account. I'm sure people would actually know who I am and my stats would of been much better. I can see myself being around 50 or 60 years old and still being on newgrounds. I know that can be a sad thing to say, but it's true.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-21 23:59:10

Well, I enjoy Newgrounds alot and I have to admit, if there is nothing of importance, I will spend my days on here. I'll be here for quite awhile, if not then till who knows when. But hell, not missing one deposit for an entire year (without any help) says something about you.

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-22 02:54:29

...not addicted

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-22 13:45:06

At 7/21/08 11:50 PM, Corky52 wrote: I can see myself being around 50 or 60 years old and still being on newgrounds. I know that can be a sad thing to say, but it's true.

I can see the same thing happening to me. This is my release from the working atmosphere and I get my fix whenever possible.

I just need to make sure that if I ever move in with my girlfriend, I need to ahve 2 computers, so that she can do her stuff and I can do mine, otherwise we would end up killing each other within a week.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to WTF is Newgrounds so addicting... 2008-07-22 13:55:26

At 7/22/08 01:45 PM, Coop83 wrote:
I just need to make sure that if I ever move in with my girlfriend, I need to ahve 2 computers, so that she can do her stuff and I can do mine, otherwise we would end up killing each other within a week.

I hear you there. It's not so much that we would be fighting over the computer though. She really doesn't like me on newgrounds whatsoever. Oh well.