00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art and whatnot.

72,442 Views | 432 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-07-20 00:23:49

At 7/20/09 12:22 AM, Kuoke wrote: Aptly named.
[Larger]

Oh lol, forgot the image.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-07-24 07:57:34

The thing is huge, so here's cropped version.
Now here's a larger version.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-07-28 07:23:07

Done in the same vain as 'Who Am I?' a page back - Didn't think, just drew.

Doesn't she look sweet?

[Full]

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-07-28 10:09:05

Damn man. That's some serious art work you did there.

http://bioshock2forums.com/ucp.php?

i=profile&mode=signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-08-01 05:17:08

At 7/28/09 10:09 AM, ScorpionReturn5 wrote: Damn man. That's some serious art work you did there.

ART IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. >=(

Art-Off #2, Nature vs Urban - My submission.
[Larger]

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-08-05 04:25:29

My friend wanted a wallpaper. This is what I came up with.
[Larger] | [Wallpaper]

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-08-14 22:01:03

It took me about 70 tries to get the signiture part right.
[ Larger | Wallpaper ]

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-08-16 02:24:23

This one might need explaining:
I go to a school with the initials H.A.H.S. The 'A' stands for 'Agricultural'. In agricultural practices, there is the act of testing a cow for pregnancy. In order to carry out the act, you have to stick your arm into a cows arse. This is part of the school curriculum.

But I never did it, cause apparently my teacher wasn't qualified enough.

My friend wants to get this printed onto a shirt. Now if anyone actually looks at this thread, we need to know whether it's funny or vulgar-esque.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-08-16 07:09:55

At 8/16/09 02:24 AM, Kuoke wrote: This one might need explaining:

yeah I think it might

My friend wants to get this printed onto a shirt. Now if anyone actually looks at this thread, we need to know whether it's funny or vulgar-esque.

Its both. although more vulgar then funny id say. I dont really understand what you would want to do with the shirts... Just wear them yourselfs or sell them to other students?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-08-16 08:11:47

At 8/16/09 07:09 AM, J-qb wrote: Its both. although more vulgar then funny id say. I dont really understand what you would want to do with the shirts... Just wear them yourselfs or sell them to other students?

We'll probably wear it ourselves and sell it to other students. Though, we don't plan to make any substantial profit or anything, it's just merely for the sake of... 'school pride' I guess?

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-08-22 05:38:12

The horror continues.

Supposed to be based on 'The Ghost of a Thousand' cover.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-08-27 06:12:15

My other friend wanted a phoenix. So I drew him an orange eagle.
[ Larger ]

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-08-30 01:25:42

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-01 03:48:37

Larger.

I don't know.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-01 07:15:23

Larger.

I fear, I fear, I fear.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-01 11:40:06

At 9/1/09 07:15 AM, Kuoke wrote: Larger.

I fear, I fear, I fear.

this one is nice

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-03 07:44:45

At 9/1/09 11:40 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 9/1/09 07:15 AM, Kuoke wrote: Larger.

I fear, I fear, I fear.
this one is nice

My friends tell me I should draw more nicer things but I think I'll end up drawing a field of bliss with lollipop trees and gold slated pavement showered in the aura of a rainbow.
But then I'd put Hitler just to balance out the sissy-ness of it all.

Meanwhile on the darkside:
I've been trying to minimise my colour usage, example being 'Benevolence' where I didn't use layers, brushes or opacity changes. I tried it to a further extent in this one, 'Saviour 0', but I ended up requiring smoothing and opacity for the lighting.

I will perfect this colouring motherfucker. That and action-y shots, it's on my to-do list.

Larger.

I'll probably redo this image to make it better, because the premise in my head is beyond epic. It's also the reason I called it Saviour ZERO so I could make Saviour One, Two, etc.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-03 08:13:15

Meanwhile on the darkside:
I've been trying to minimise my colour usage, example being 'Benevolence' where I didn't use layers, brushes or opacity changes. I tried it to a further extent in this one, 'Saviour 0', but I ended up requiring smoothing and opacity for the lighting.

I will perfect this colouring motherfucker. That and action-y shots, it's on my to-do list.

thats actually what I meant, the color use and stuff.
As far as im concerned It could have been a baby spewing blood, I like the technique. its nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-06 07:05:04

Errors marked with arrows.
Larger.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-07 06:07:12

Pain, without love. Pain, I can't get enough. Pain, I like it rough 'cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all.

Larger.
I'm slightly annoyed by the fact that I must've accidentally hit 'Yes' on 'Save?' after I resized it to NG size - so now the .psd is actually 233x599, as opposed to 2100x5400. 'Step Backwards' doesn't work for some incredibly stupid reason.
I'll probably never come back to it but now my entire body is twitchy from irregularity. I need to hit something.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-07 08:04:01

At 9/1/09 07:15 AM, Kuoke wrote: I fear, I fear, I fear.

Mmmm, asian.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-19 09:10:14

At 9/7/09 08:04 AM, JoeTheToucan wrote:
At 9/1/09 07:15 AM, Kuoke wrote: I fear, I fear, I fear.
Mmmm, asian.

...Um, Ok.

This is most definitely not based on a real event.
Larger.
And as a bonus, you can even see the original text I was going to use.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-22 05:02:38

This probably doesn't count as 'art' BUT FUCK ALL.
If you're an avid follower of this thread, AS I'M SURE YOU ALL ARE, I posted some designs prior as to promote the school in some sort of shoddy and demented way.
The situation, in a nutshell:
School fucked us over regarding Year 12 jerseys (I'm not sure if the tradition is the same outside Australia, but here, in your last year of high school you get a rugby jersey with the year you finished, and your nick name on the back).
So as opposed to conforming with the idiocy of broken traditions, me and my business partner decided to fuck with the system - because in Australia you have uniforms, and they're pretty fucking strict about it.

So yeah, in end, I designed these for hoodies, which the school is against because it makes us look like a bunch of malicious hoodlums.

I would've upped something else, but it's an ambitious project on a scale I haven't worked on in quite a while now. Will up soon.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-09-26 22:28:16

Name reference to the song by the Gorillaz which I was listening to while making this.

Full.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-10-03 05:13:34

Reference to this image, not Madness or anything like that.

Full size.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-10-10 07:05:59

Probably the longest I've ever bothered to make anything disregarding forced work. You might be able to tell I rushed a portion of the background.

Full size.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-10-10 07:15:24

At 10/10/09 07:05 AM, Kuoke wrote: Probably the longest I've ever bothered to make anything disregarding forced work. You might be able to tell I rushed a portion of the background.

Full size.

nice to see some cleaner work from you! good job, the extra time does pay off.
the right side of her coat seems a bit iffy though, its hard to tell where its going/how its folded.
Also: please stay away fro the line tool... it looks cheap.

protip: I usually make extremely thin lines with the line tool, so that they are straight, then I go over them with the brush, so that it looks more "real".

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-10-10 08:13:57

At 10/10/09 07:15 AM, J-qb wrote: nice to see some cleaner work from you! good job, the extra time does pay off.
the right side of her coat seems a bit iffy though, its hard to tell where its going/how its folded.
Also: please stay away fro the line tool... it looks cheap.

protip: I usually make extremely thin lines with the line tool, so that they are straight, then I go over them with the brush, so that it looks more "real".

I felt like that using lines (it was actually pen/stroke - if that matters) was justified on the bases that I was drawing what would represent a solid, straight feature of artificial production - that being a machine manufactured piece of wood/metal; and that being a contrast to the free hand outline of the human character being natural.

Yay, really bad excuse of artistic license.

But in seriousness, I tried doing it free-hand - with your method, as a matter of fact - but it ended up being wobbly disregarding the fact that I had a guide? I don't know how it happened, but in the end I was like "FUCKET.".

Oh well, I'm content with the CONTENT of the image.

BA DUM PSSSHH.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-10-14 02:52:33

I didn't know what to draw, so I did that thing where you scribble a base line and draw over that.

Line, Comparison, Final.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2009-10-14 06:08:19

At 10/14/09 02:52 AM, Kuoke wrote: I didn't know what to draw, so I did that thing where you scribble a base line and draw over that.

Line, Comparison, Final.

Hm, I didnt know that one... Seems like fun, I might give it a try sometime.
You made the drawing nice and energetic. you captured the movement (which isnt even actually there yet) quite well. i.e. it seems like it would be a cool rollercoaster track.

BBS Signature