Be a Supporter!

Art and whatnot.

  • 48,899 Views
  • 436 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Oct. 7th, 2010 @ 11:40 AM Reply

At 10/7/10 10:50 AM, threadwood wrote: it's cool to see these studies, but it looks like you might be coming up with a lot of it from your head- like the faces.

None of my stuff is directly referenced -- And I want to say I realise that it is probably the worst thing to do ever when doing anatomical studies etc, and I will most definitely suffer for it in the long run. It's not like I don't see the point of studying realism and drawing (literally) off it, but I don't aim to imitate realism or base my works in the structural sense, with my general art direction, I want to deal in the more conceptual side of things. So as long as general 'details' of the works aren't too far out, like the audience being able to tell that that stick figure is representative of a human, then mission accomplished.

TL;DR: It's not referenced to real stuff because I don't aim for it to be - and I suck cock because of it.

i also think you should do some more studying of foreshortening.

Very much agreed.

it's all looking good though, keep it up.

Will do.

Aaaaaand because I don't like posting in my own thread without an art attachment, here's something nonsensical.
Larger.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Oct. 19th, 2010 @ 11:13 AM Reply

Entry for the Halloween2010 contest.
SHOULD ANYONE READ THIS: I don't get the 'entry' thing, do we actually have to post in the [talk] thread, or just upload it to the Art Portal?

Alternatively I could just do both for the +1.

ALSO, I made a time-lapse video of this painting. Check it.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Oct. 21st, 2010 @ 12:32 PM Reply

Based on the lyrics in this song (1:55).

ART PORTAL. | ALSO, TIME-LAPSE.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:55 PM Reply

Art Portal. | Time Lapse.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Oct. 30th, 2010 @ 09:21 PM Reply

Art Portal. | Time Lapse.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 08:45 PM Reply

ART PORTAL. | TIME-LAPSE.
Decided to dumb down the colours in this one.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Nov. 23rd, 2010 @ 07:43 AM Reply

ART PORTAL. | TIME-LAPSE.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 09:13 AM Reply

ART PORTAL isn't letting me upload for some dumb reason, so have a dA link instead. | TIME-LAPSE.

Also, check this out.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 11:44 AM Reply

At 11/13/10 08:45 PM, Kuoke wrote: ART PORTAL. | TIME-LAPSE.
Decided to dumb down the colours in this one.

I like the darkness in this one. And the colors just give off the aura of sadness and depression. It's very good. Keep up the good work.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art and whatnot. Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 11:56 AM Reply

At 11/29/10 09:13 AM, Kuoke wrote: ART PORTAL isn't letting me upload for some dumb reason

What kind of error is it giving you?

Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 08:19 AM Reply

At 11/29/10 11:56 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/29/10 09:13 AM, Kuoke wrote: ART PORTAL isn't letting me upload for some dumb reason
What kind of error is it giving you?

My internet is going at 4kb/s. I wouldn't want to spark a site wide investigation because simply put, my internet is absolutely horrendous.

Also, thanks for the comments guys - even if you say I suck enormous dicks, it's all good.

While we're here, I'm taking free commission if you're willing to tip me whatever you feel like, so should anyone actually see this, how very very rare that may be, if you happen to have a dollar in your Paypal and you also want me to draw you something, then through the magic of economics 101, we can start ensue some sort of business.
Check out my latest news post for stuff + if you know anything about computer hardware, advice would be appreciated.

I'm going to redo Mallard after this.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art and whatnot. Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 11/30/10 08:19 AM, Kuoke wrote: My internet is going at 4kb/s. I wouldn't want to spark a site wide investigation because simply put, my internet is absolutely horrendous.

Oh, I thought it was a browser issue or something.

Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 08:43 PM Reply

Art portal. | Time lapse.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:44 PM Reply

Art portal. | Time lapse.

Redo of "Mallard". (which is on my page somewhere)

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 7th, 2010 @ 08:22 PM Reply

Art trade with Lintire.
Original. | Art Portal. | Time lapse.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 01:46 AM Reply

I'm fashion king or some shit.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 03:22 AM Reply

I enjoy all of your pieces, the speedpainting on in particular.
The colors are very strong in all of your paintings and almost take hold of your painting, while the subject itself is second to be noticed.
I guess this means your art leans toward abstract. I like it.


[-----free like clouds-----]
Artzzzzz

BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 11th, 2010 @ 09:35 AM Reply

Larger.

At 12/10/10 03:22 AM, Spac3case916 wrote: I enjoy all of your pieces, the speedpainting on in particular.
The colors are very strong in all of your paintings and almost take hold of your painting, while the subject itself is second to be noticed.
I guess this means your art leans toward abstract. I like it.

Thanks.
On a unrelated note, I'm stopping digital shit for a month or two. Reason being I am really unsatisfied with my skill level right now. Like, I really really hate my works and I'm going to get a shit load of pencils and try to use every inch of that a3 art book which I never used and hope that I might, you know, not suck major dick at the end of it.

<HIATUS>

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 17th, 2010 @ 02:42 AM Reply

Art Portal. | Time lapse.

About that hiatus...

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 17th, 2010 @ 03:07 AM Reply

Thanks.
On a unrelated note, I'm stopping digital shit for a month or two. Reason being I am really unsatisfied with my skill level right now. Like, I really really hate my works and I'm going to get a shit load of pencils and try to use every inch of that a3 art book which I never used and hope that I might, you know, not suck major dick at the end of it.

<HIATUS>

ok dude
good luck
it's really impressive to see such drive. It's really rare to find someone who cares that much to tear themselves down and then build themselves back up.
I wish you luck

and even if you think you suck I do like some of your digital pieces.


[-----free like clouds-----]
Artzzzzz

BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 11:26 AM Reply

Art portal.
No time lapse because I thought I was just fucking around with colours.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 11:56 PM Reply

Art Portal. | Time Lapse.

First commission.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Dec. 30th, 2010 @ 07:30 AM Reply

Art Portal. | Time Lapse.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Jan. 1st, 2011 @ 01:14 AM Reply

Art Portal. | Time lapse.

Also, Tumblr.

Happy New Years bitches. It's already been 2011 for a solid 17 hours, but eh.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Jan. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:18 AM Reply

Time lapse.
Art Portal.

Also Tumblr link above if you're into that shit.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Jan. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:14 AM Reply

Art portal.
Time lapse + accompanying song.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art and whatnot. Jan. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:12 PM Reply

Art portal, time lapse, shotglass.

Art and whatnot.


BBS Signature