00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ItsJaron just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NBA Playoffs 2008

1,422 Views | 22 Replies

NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-04-21 03:33:21

The playoffs have already started and yet no thread has been made. Molotov smoked too much of that magic hocus pocus stuff and forgot obviously, so I guess I'll be the one to make this years edition.

First Round Eastern Conference

#1 Boston Celtics vs #8 Atlanta Hawks
Probably one of the easiest series in the playoffs to predict. I say Celtics sweep the Hawks easily.

#2 Detroit Pistons vs #7 Philadelphia 76ers
Philadelphia surprised everyone with a win in the first game in Detroit. While it was a close game, I will still say that Detroit gets its game back together and comes back to win the series in 6 games.

#3 Orlando Magic vs #6 Toronto Raptors
Orlando beat out Toronto in the first game with 9 three pointers in the first quarter alone. I predict Orlando keeps it up and beats Toronto in 5.

#4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs #5 Washington Wizards
DeShawn Stevenson and Arenas both ate their words of trash talking in Game 1 as LeBron got 32 points and the win. I'm going to say that Cleveland will come out on top in 6 or even 7 in this one. I expect some low scoring defensive battles in this series.

First Round Western Conference

#1 Los Angeles Lakers vs #8 Denver Nuggets
The Nuggets just barely got into the playoffs so they have to be very relieved to be playing but I don't expect them to last. They lost to the Lakers tonight while allowing 128 points, but if you follow Denver the high scoring is nothing new. In the end their lack of defense is going to kill them and the Lakers will take this one in 5.

#2 New Orleans Hornets vs #7 Dallas Mavericks
Chris Paul is just such a special player. In my opinion he should be the front runner for the MVP because it seems that his presence is what caused the huge turnaround with the Hornets. All that being said, the Hornets already beat Dallas once, and I think that they will win the series in 6 games.

#3 Utah Jazz vs #6 Houston Rockets
A repeat of last years first round series, but this time, Houston doesn't have Yao. Even without him the Rockets are still a dangerous team and one of the best defensive teams in the league. However, Utah is just a better all around team and I see them taking the series in 6.

#4 San Antonio Spurs vs #5 Phoenix Suns
This is one of the craziest first round matchups I've ever seen and it's hard to believe that one of these teams is going to be out of the playoffs after the first round. It just goes to show you how good the West is. I could go into how good both are, but I see the Spurs edging Phoenix in 7. They've already got a head start with Manus latest heroics.

I know I'm a fag for picking all the favorites, but it's just how I see things panning out.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-04-21 03:48:02

Go Lakers Go!

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-04-21 14:29:12

I gotta try to give this a chance. Seems making a topic when there's only 40 people on isn't the best way to get discussion going.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-04-21 15:04:30

The following teams could go either way:

Cleveland Cavaliers, Washington Wizards
New Orleans Hornets, Dallas Mavericks
San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-04-21 15:05:13

At 4/21/08 02:30 PM, CptKickass wrote: I hate basketball.

i hate you

BLOCKHEAD DRESSUP 2!!!!!! is coming out soon so keep your silly lil eyes on plant-eating-cats profile fool!

BBS Signature

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-04-21 15:19:57

At 4/21/08 03:04 PM, Truth wrote: The following teams could go either way:

Cleveland Cavaliers, Washington Wizards

Depends on the team that shows up to play. As far as I've seen, they both can be hit or miss. When either of them is on a hot streak though, they can be very hard to stop.

New Orleans Hornets, Dallas Mavericks

Yeah, the 7th seed shouldn't cause anyone to underestimate the Mavs. Perhaps that's what happened last year when the Mavs lost to the Warriors. Still the Mavs are a great team, but it seems lately they haven't played at the level that we've seen in previous years.

San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns

Again, it's the craziest matchup. It's something you'd expect to see in the Western Finals, but not the first round. I wouldn't be surprised if this series draws the most viewers of the round, and maybe even it'll have drawn in more viewers than the 2nd round matchups. But yes, I agree this could go either way.

BBS Signature

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-04-21 15:58:59

At 4/21/08 03:33 AM, 36Holla wrote: First Round Eastern Conference

#1 Boston Celtics vs #8 Atlanta Hawks
Probably one of the easiest series in the playoffs to predict. I say Celtics sweep the Hawks easily.

Boston will win this one. No buts about it.

#2 Detroit Pistons vs #7 Philadelphia 76ers
Philadelphia surprised everyone with a win in the first game in Detroit. While it was a close game, I will still say that Detroit gets its game back together and comes back to win the series in 6 games.

I don't know how Philadelphia got into the Playoffs, but good luck to them. I doubt they'll beat Detroit.

#3 Orlando Magic vs #6 Toronto Raptors
Orlando beat out Toronto in the first game with 9 three pointers in the first quarter alone. I predict Orlando keeps it up and beats Toronto in 5.

Orlando will win by far, but I think Toronto will put up a decent fight.

#4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs #5 Washington Wizards
DeShawn Stevenson and Arenas both ate their words of trash talking in Game 1 as LeBron got 32 points and the win. I'm going to say that Cleveland will come out on top in 6 or even 7 in this one. I expect some low scoring defensive battles in this series.

Both good teams. The first game, Stevenson played shit. Well, not as good as he usually is. Wizards and Cavaliers will play out their hardest with Cleveland winning.

First Round Western Conference

#1 Los Angeles Lakers vs #8 Denver Nuggets
The Nuggets just barely got into the playoffs so they have to be very relieved to be playing but I don't expect them to last. They lost to the Lakers tonight while allowing 128 points, but if you follow Denver the high scoring is nothing new. In the end their lack of defense is going to kill them and the Lakers will take this one in 5.

Fuck Nuggets, Golden State should've taken their spot -.-

#2 New Orleans Hornets vs #7 Dallas Mavericks
Chris Paul is just such a special player. In my opinion he should be the front runner for the MVP because it seems that his presence is what caused the huge turnaround with the Hornets. All that being said, the Hornets already beat Dallas once, and I think that they will win the series in 6 games.

It's just Chris Paul alone needed to single handedly kill Mavericks.

#3 Utah Jazz vs #6 Houston Rockets
A repeat of last years first round series, but this time, Houston doesn't have Yao. Even without him the Rockets are still a dangerous team and one of the best defensive teams in the league. However, Utah is just a better all around team and I see them taking the series in 6.

I side with Utah on this one. Although Rockets surprised me with the 22 straight wins, they lack Yao now. I don't usually pay attention to Rockets, but who're they going for without Yao?

#4 San Antonio Spurs vs #5 Phoenix Suns
This is one of the craziest first round matchups I've ever seen and it's hard to believe that one of these teams is going to be out of the playoffs after the first round. It just goes to show you how good the West is. I could go into how good both are, but I see the Spurs edging Phoenix in 7. They've already got a head start with Manus latest heroics.

The Suns are my team for the West. I whole heartedly hate the shit out of the Spurs. They're getting too lucky. Finley shooting a three like that is acceptable, but Duncan shooting a three is just...what the hell! I swear! If Spurs win the playoffs let alone beat the Suns, I'll stop watching basketball for ever.

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-04-21 19:53:22

Cleveland and Washington are playing now. It's close in the 2nd quarter, but LeBron is on the bench, so lets see how things change when he gets back.

BBS Signature

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 01:22:15

Did the celtics win?

I missed the lakers too.

Damnit.

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 01:26:15

At 5/17/08 01:22 AM, JackPhantasm wrote: Did the celtics win?

The Cavs won, 74-69. LeBorn had 32 Points.

I missed the lakers too.

Lakers won series 4-2, defeated the Jazz by 3 points, 108-105.

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 01:32:51

At 5/17/08 01:26 AM, youngblood26 wrote:

Damn that game was probably NUTS.

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 01:36:45

At 5/17/08 01:32 AM, JackPhantasm wrote:

It's always weird to see an old thread of mine get resurrected. I just quit on this one because of the lack of interest.

But last I saw, the Jazz were down by like 19 points so for them to come back and only lose by 3 shows that they made a run at it. It sucks though because being an Illinois fan, Deron wasn't able to get into the Westen Finals :(

BBS Signature

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 01:49:58

At 5/17/08 01:36 AM, 36Holla wrote:
At 5/17/08 01:32 AM, JackPhantasm wrote:
It's always weird to see an old thread of mine get resurrected. I just quit on this one because of the lack of interest.

We still have the American Basketball Crew. We can talk more playoff action there.

But last I saw, the Jazz were down by like 19 points so for them to come back and only lose by 3 shows that they made a run at it. It sucks though because being an Illinois fan, Deron wasn't able to get into the Westen Finals :(

Frankly, I am a Laker fan. No doubt the Lakers will won the the series pretty clean. The things that they didn't do in games 3 & 4, they do it on game 6.

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 02:00:18

At 5/17/08 01:50 AM, FullClip92 wrote: Screw the Lakers, and the Spurs.
I like the Nuggets myself, but they were embarassingly swept out.

That's ok, there will be a next time. I dunno how the Lakers swept the Nuggets. Actually, Nuggets had the two premiere top scorers in the name of Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony.

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 02:02:43

That's ok, there will be a next time. I hope the miscommunication between Carmelo and George Karl will fix because Melo wants to rid Karl as a coach of Nuggets or Melo will leave the team.

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 02:02:52

At 5/17/08 02:00 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
That's ok, there will be a next time. I dunno how the Lakers swept the Nuggets. Actually, Nuggets had the two premiere top scorers in the name of Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony.

They may have had those two, but they had absolutely 0 defense. The Nuggets are basically an And1 team right now without the flashy moves. They'll score over 100 almost every night but so will the other team.

BBS Signature

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 02:02:56

I really hope New Orleans beat the Spurs.

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 02:10:44

i hope the harlem globetrotters win!

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-17 02:13:45

At 5/17/08 02:02 AM, JackPhantasm wrote: I really hope New Orleans beat the Spurs.

The dynasty of the Spurs will be over on Monday.

At 5/17/08 02:02 AM, 36Holla wrote:
At 5/17/08 02:00 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
They may have had those two, but they had absolutely 0 defense. The Nuggets are basically an And1 team right now without the flashy moves. They'll score over 100 almost every night but so will the other team.

I concur this one. Nuggets is one of the top offensive teams this season (2nd to the Warriors). But in points allowed, they have the lowest rank, well, almost. They give up a lot of points, especially on Kobe Bryant. In transition, Lakers is good on that department, that's why the y have the fastbreak points that they wanted, and yes, even foul shot attempts.

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-21 23:56:57

Now it's:

Spurs vs. Lakers

Pistons vs. Celtics

This thread's letting itself go.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-26 16:04:23

Mind if I take over this thread?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-28 06:59:31

As of now the Pistons have even up the series with the Celtics while the Lakers is one game away from finishing off the Spurs.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to NBA Playoffs 2008 2008-05-28 14:08:45

At 5/28/08 07:21 AM, Captain-Jack wrote: Attention: You are not Dobio.

Just a reminder. ;)

Just want to know, mind if I start a thread for the finals once it starts? This thread doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature