00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yevs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Real life graphics is a bad thing

3,468 Views | 54 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-07 09:29:38

Just because there will be real life graphics doesn't mean that every game will use them. Only a few games will have really gory graphics and they will be no worse than the Saw films and other films like it. Most games will tone it down so they can reach a bigger market because not everyone wants to see gruesome scenes.

Anyway cases of young people involved in violent crimes has gone down and keeps going down as graphics in games get more realistic. If you let a 10 year old play a game with life like graphics where you shoot someone in the face and their head explodes in a fountain of blood then they will most likely be shocked and realise the consequences shooting people. While games that use cartoony graphics don't show what really happens.

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-07 09:44:51

-Having graphics look like real life in games like GTA and fighter games really will make kids grow up to be serial killers.

STFU AND GTFO JACK THOMPSON

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-07 10:29:13

At 4/6/08 06:22 PM, smc316 wrote: The bad

-Little kids will be unable to tell the difference between reality and fiction, and its quite obvious about the side effects of this is.

It's a GAME, you control your actions with a remote control on a TV, if little kids are playing GTA and they can't tell the difference between reality and a game I doubt they have the required age of 18

-Having graphics look like real life in games like GTA and fighter games really will make kids grow up to be serial killers. Think about it, if graphics have evolved that good doesn't that also mean the gameplay has also evolved that way? It will actually feel like your murdering peope and for the people who are corrupted by it and think its fun will grow up into criminals.

You will never have the feeling of killing someone in a video game, say if you were playing hitman and you had to slit a guys throat from behind, you press a button, you don't crawl along your living room carpet, and quickly slide a knife through their throat, feeling blood flow over your hand and their body spasm as they die. If games let you do that, they would be murder simulators.

-Real life SSB, mario, sonic and zelda would be just downright strange.

On those cartoon style characters they do not have high detail, thats the point. They would never make a kirby game where kirby is more than a pink blob.

-The future generations will lose all respect for the orignal marios, zeldas, metroids, Metal gear solids, Resident evils, sonics, SSB's, etc.

So? teenagers like shitty soulja boi, not good music, you can't force an opinion on anyone.

- It would be nearly impossible for games like the Metroid series to be side scrollers.

-Flash games would lose their appeal and people would give up on making flash because they know they compete. So newgrounds would ultimately lose and go out of business several years later.

No, I for one play flash games because they are simple, often very addictive and fun, and FREE, not like some of the new £50 games being released

-Gore. What about the people who don't mind gore that much that just get really grossed out if their is shit loads of blood? If the game is supposedly real looking then if you get shot in the stomach people who don't like blood, are scared of blood or people who just don't like shit loads of blood wouldn't find that very pleasent. After all, its supposed to look real.

If someone has a fear of blood, they won't buy a game which clearly states on the box it contains violence and/or gore, if you had an allergy to peanuts you wouldn't stuff them in your mouth knowing it isn't going to be pleasent.

-Headaches are almost a given. So what if it looks real like? Its still animation therefore you still will get headaches from prolonged exposure to it, if not more so because their brains are trying to take in every little detail in the characters, weapons, landscape, etc straining their brains even more so. Plus the more something feels similar to real life combined with having lots of fun makes you lose track of time so you are more likely to play hours longer than you would normally, and that doesn't provide any benefits for you.

What are you, a scientist? I have never gotten a headache from a videogame, maybe I would if I spent hours infront of the TV without blinking and playing Halo 3, but high detail does not cause any damage to you and I would like to see some proof that it does

-Ceasers for obvious reasons.

If you mean seizures then you're an idiot, again, if it contains a huge amount of flashing lights (which almost no games do) it will come with some sort of warning, if you watch television and flash photography is going to appear on screen you are warned before it happens.

-Lasting eye and brain damage. Some people will lose track of the difference between reality and fantasy and will lose their minds and their minds will deteroate. You think it would be better for your eyes since it looks like real life? Wrong, if anything its worse for your eyes considering its still animation your starring at and its full of rich detail. Whats worse is that this eye, brain and mind damage may not disappear when you stop playing, it may last years after you lose the obsession with real life looking games.

THEIR MINDS WILL DETEROATE? Thats just fucking stupid, you won't get an obsession with the graphics of a game, I can't believe how stupid you are.

The good

-For those who lose their legs or whatever for some reason when their like 30 they can expirence their previous enjoyment in life by playing real looking golf or whatever.

-Racing and other driving games could prepare kids for when they start driving and thus making the kids that just got their license a lot more expirenced.

Driving games NEVER require as much driving skill as a real vehicle, that takes half the point out of playing a VIDEO GAME

-War games and such would provide suffient military and stealth mission trainning.

Yeah, all those WWII style games will prepare soilders for fighting in Iraq, war games are NOTHING like the real thing, thye don't make war games about the current war on terror because that would be shit, they stick to WWII because there is alot of conflict.

-Amazing sex games for people who have the misfourante of being unable to get some themselves or for the pervs.

Only in Asia would ANY shit like that be released, the SMALL sex mini game in GTA:SA was enough to make Rockstar create completely different discs, plus it was hidden and very few people could access it if they wanted to.

-Survival horror games like resident evil and Silent hill will become purely epic.

Doesn't that conflct with your other point about making little kids think it's real? If they saw someone staggering down the street they might think it's a zombie according to your logic.

-Sport games will help kids who are either physically unfit or handicaped to feel the thrils of Baseball, skateboarding, etc.

If they are fit enough to play wii tennis they can do the real thing, if you mean sports on a joystick then there is none of the thrill from playing for real.

What do you think? I personally believe real life looking graphics will be more bad than good.

I believe you're stupid

BBS Signature

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-07 11:29:14

At 4/6/08 07:48 PM, DairyFreeCheez wrote: If Mario games would be real then I won't want to play them anymore. This is my reason.

Creepy! I Wouldn't want a Mario game this realistic. But Metroid or Zelda... Yes.

ALL MY FRIEND CODES

My username is pronounced "mah-chee-o". Thank you for your attention.

Youtube Account (under construction)

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-07 14:36:23

At 4/6/08 07:36 PM, crabwich wrote: Did you decide to stop responding to me because you know I am right?

No, I stopped responding because your obviously full of shit.

I think so.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-07 16:05:06

At 4/6/08 07:48 PM, DairyFreeCheez wrote: If Mario games would be real then I won't want to play them anymore. This is my reason.

Dear god, that rocks.

Mario MMOPRG?

BBS Signature

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-07 16:56:53

why would anyone want real graphics, theyve got them all around them, video games are to escape from reality.

I WANT TO INSCAPE FROM REALITY :D

Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-07 17:08:23

Well, I personally think that video games with real life graphics would be shit because that takes away the whole feel to a video game..They are meant to be animated, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-11 20:13:43

=O
You are so right!!!!
And also another bad things is.
People will get extremely addictive.

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-11 20:19:25

At 4/6/08 06:35 PM, crabwich wrote: Have any of the people above me taken the time to read any of the "reasons" why this is a bad thing?
It is comical seriously.

Lol.
Only some games deserve Real Life Graphics
Besides it would take long for it.
We wont be alive till then.
Might be impossible actually.
Besides games are better the way it is.

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-11 20:23:27

What do you think? I personally believe real life looking graphics will be more bad than good.
I believe you're stupid

When he said they wouldnt see reality to fiction
He meant that when children grew up their minds would be different
Its an actual true thing scientist
Have confirmed.
And yes it would give people Thorimical Seizures from the Tydrose part of their brain
It would be over addictive
and also.....Only some games should have graphics like that
they may never even make up to that much graphics anyway.

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-11 21:03:27

At 4/6/08 06:30 PM, ijustowndU wrote: I have a feeling we will never achieve real life graphics, What the hell is the polygon count of my arm?

Somewhere in the trillions range I reckon.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-11 23:06:27

I agree! I hate "realistic" graphics. It just looks ugly.

And since most games can only "get close", it just looks even worse.

Hell, sometimes it's HARD to look at. My eyes start hurting. Fuck that nonsense.

moar team fortress 2 grafix plz

BBS Signature

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-11 23:09:39

I never though of it like that, thank you for changing my opinion on the matter I now see realistic graphics in a brand new light.

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-11 23:22:55

There's always one way to tell if you're in the real world, look at the sun and feel the underminding eye pain, if no pain is happening then its fake or you're blind..

That's how I will tell in the future,

Nothing here anymore.

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-12 05:09:34

At 4/6/08 06:22 PM, smc316 wrote: What do you think? I personally believe real life looking graphics will be more bad than good.

I'm not worried.

-Jackie Gleason?

-POW! Right in the kisser...

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-12 12:10:17

The graphics in Conflict: Denied Ops on PS3 look like N64 graphics... that made the game really shitty.
Graphics are important.

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-12 12:12:58

Stupid kids will just have to get smarter and learn to tell the fucking difference.

A strong emphasis on underlining.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-12 12:15:57

At 4/12/08 12:10 PM, EpicFail wrote: The graphics in Conflict: Denied Ops on PS3 look like N64 graphics... that made the game really shitty.
Graphics are important.

What the fuck is wrong with N64 graphics?!

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-12 12:19:00

At 4/12/08 12:15 PM, AngelinFlames wrote:
At 4/12/08 12:10 PM, EpicFail wrote: The graphics in Conflict: Denied Ops on PS3 look like N64 graphics... that made the game really shitty.
Graphics are important.
What the fuck is wrong with N64 graphics?!

On PS3 it's bad to have it...
But N64 had great graphics at its day.
It was much more powerful than Playstation, but its power was wasted by the fact that it used cartridges.

ALL MY FRIEND CODES

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-12 12:26:04

At 4/12/08 12:19 PM, macio wrote: On PS3 it's bad to have it...

Uh huh.

But N64 had great graphics at its day.

Yes.

It was much more powerful than Playstation, but its power was wasted by the fact that it used cartridges.

What the fuck is wrong with cartridges?!

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-12 12:35:44

At 4/12/08 12:26 PM, AngelinFlames wrote: What the fuck is wrong with cartridges?!

They were not bad (more durable than CD's), but they had less space compare to them. So, while N64 had great graphics, they were hard to achieve because of space limitations.

ALL MY FRIEND CODES

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-12 12:36:53

At 4/12/08 12:35 PM, macio wrote: They were not bad (more durable than CD's), but they had less space compare to them. So, while N64 had great graphics, they were hard to achieve because of space limitations.

Uh huh.

If I could chose between them and they had the same amount of space I would easily chose cartridges.

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-12 12:59:15

At 4/12/08 12:36 PM, AngelinFlames wrote:
At 4/12/08 12:35 PM, macio wrote: They were not bad (more durable than CD's), but they had less space compare to them. So, while N64 had great graphics, they were hard to achieve because of space limitations.
Uh huh.

If I could chose between them and they had the same amount of space I would easily chose cartridges.

Well, if cartridges such big would be avaible, everyone would use them. But back then, the biggest cartridge had 96MB.

ALL MY FRIEND CODES

Response to Real life graphics is a bad thing 2008-04-12 13:15:50

Legend of zelda would look kick ass

Asdf

BBS Signature