We here at the NG office love collaborations and thought the recent Blamformers collab went over really well. So well in fact, we want to make more official site wide collabs a more regular deal!
Presenting: The Metal Gear Flash Collab! If you like the Meal Gear game series, you're hereby invited to send in a 5-30 second Metal Gear-themed gag or tribute. If you have some Flash skills (and are willing to put some elbow grease into a DECENT submission), here are the guidelines:
- Length: 5-30 seconds
- Frame Rate: 30 fps
- Movie dimensions: 720x480 (we're going a bit wider this time)
Please put your submission in the form of a single-frame movie clip in your main timeline. Name all your assets as username_object name...for example, if I have a movieclip of Snake's head, I'll call it "johnnyutah_snakehead1" or something to that effect.
We will pick out the best ones and tie em' together as one mighty collab and make it real fun to watch. The top contributors will be co-authored and the top submissions will win prizes from the following list:
One Grand Prize: (See attached picture.)
- 200 Dollars
- 2 Shirts (1 Metal Gear Awesome, second of your choice)
- Deluxe "Captain" Tankman Figurine
- Diecast Angryfaic Keychain
- 100 dollars
- Diecast Angryfaic Keychain
- 50 Dollars
4th and 5th Place:
- Shirt and Stickers
And for those who don't win - fret not, as you'll forever be immortalized in the baddest Metal gear collab of the CENTURY, and if that's not a victory, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS. (Yes, using 'baddest' was, in fact, a safety net.)
- Make sure you put "Metal Gear Collab" in the title of the e-mail.
- INCLUDE your USERNAME in the body of the message so we know who it's from. If you used any Audio Portal music, in your submission, let us know that too - and feel free to include anything else you'd like us to know, keeping in mind nobody wants to hear your life story.
- Attach your final .FLA, and send it to [email protected] - your .FLA must be under 20 MB in size! If for some ungodly reason you managed to bust the 20 MB limit, find another way to get it over...use an upload site like MegaUpload, for example, then e-mail us a link to it (make sure you still do the steps above).
The deadline is MAY 20th, 2008. Yes, that's nearly two months away. Take your time, make something good. Multiple submissions are allowed, but one prize per entrant. (And although multiple submissions are allowed, please don't fire out 20 sub-par submissions and jovially send them over - odds are, by your 3rd failure, we would have already stopped caring.)
 - You can base your submission on any of the Metal Gear games...anything from the 8-bit Nintendo era, up to the Metal Gear Solid series (even MGS4, which has yet to be released). Your submission doesn't have to revolve around the Metal Gear plot/story, so long as it's Metal-Gear related in general (uses MGS characters, themes, gimmicks, etc.). And although we're allowing the 8-bit era, don't take that as an open opportunity to start sending in waves of NES sprite cartoons. (If you do make one, it better kick more ass than an ass-kicking machine.)
 - Humor is definitely encouraged, and preferred. Keep in mind, people will be watching this for entertainment purposes, not to indulge your pretentiously serious side.
 - Don't feel pressured to do something in the vein of the Metal Gear Awesome series. There are many different types of humor, and we think the Blamformers collab reflects that. Another favorite of mine is Metal Gear Solid 3: Crab Battle. There's billions of angles you could take, so unless you're Egoraptor, we don't want to see Egoraptor.
 - We're well aware Snake is a guest character in SSB: Brawl - but please AVOID Brawl parodies, Brawl jokes (especially the inside-kind), and (fuck you in advance) serious Brawl shorts. The game is staggeringly popular, we get it...it's just that nobody here wants to spend their weekend sifting through hundreds of submissions that guest-star Link, Kirby, and Pikachu.
 - Avoid 'codec conversation' submissions. If your first idea is based solely on this gimmick, pick another idea. These generally don't take much thought or effort...although, a few nicely done, really good ones might work for padding. Still, try to AVOID it.
 - Nobody has to sugar-coat their submission. Profanity and rated R material is perfectly fine. Have fun with it, and do what you wanna do!
 - FOLLOW ALL THE GUIDELINES ^ :3
We're really not too picky, and most submissions will have a pretty good chance of inclusion. However, we're probably not going to accept EVERYTHING we get...so again, put thought and capital Effort into your submission! Let's all try to 1-Up Blamformers GOOD.
OFF TOPIC: NEW NG AUDIO PODCAST
If you haven't checked out the NG Featured Movies podcast yet, DO THAT. Also, camobch0, dekuboy, and others put together a pretty sweet NG audio podcast. It's their first episode and it's actually pretty polished. CHECK IT OUT and give those guys some feedback. It's not in the itunes directory yet so if you wanna subscribe though itunes copy the feed into "subscribe to podcast" in the itunes "advanced" menu.
THAT'S IT. GO GO GO.