00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Glass-Barnacle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

354,563 Views | 5,147 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-23 15:03:05

Been playing several games:

Super Meat Boy - This game is probably not for me. I really don't like these frustratingly hard platformers where you have to retry levels over and over until you finally do it right. I suppose they made the controls awkward on purpose, but it just makes it extra frustrating to me when you can't even do a regular jump to another platform without sliding halfway across the map.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village - I think I'm about halfway in and I'm really enjoying it thus far. The artwork for this game is pretty appealing in my opinion and the puzzles have just the right difficulty to make them not too hard but still satisfying to solve.

Morrowind - Finally made it to Arch Mage of the Mages Guild and Master of House Telvanni. You got to have a lot of patience with Morrowind but when you finally get high up in the faction ranks and get a powerful character it's a lot more satisfying than in Oblivion and Skyrim.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-23 17:42:24

Fuck me. I wasted so many hours before I finally found out that THERE IS NO liquid rainbow in the 360 version of Diablo 3. Well, at least I got some pretty good stuff while I was trying to get it.

At 3/23/15 03:03 PM, Auz wrote: Morrowind - Finally made it to Arch Mage of the Mages Guild and Master of House Telvanni. You got to have a lot of patience with Morrowind but when you finally get high up in the faction ranks and get a powerful character it's a lot more satisfying than in Oblivion and Skyrim.

I spent soooo much time on that game and yet I barely did any quests at all, main or side. I just wandered about all over and murdered everybody. There was a time around like '03 to '04 when that was almost all I played. Never got more than a 1 digit number of quests into the main story to this day. Still have the save on my original X Box. I think shop keepers are probably extinct on it. lol

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-23 21:26:18

At 3/23/15 05:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Fuck me. I wasted so many hours before I finally found out that THERE IS NO liquid rainbow in the 360 version of Diablo 3.

That sucks. You were trying to get that for a long time.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-23 21:48:41

At 3/23/15 09:26 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/23/15 05:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Fuck me. I wasted so many hours before I finally found out that THERE IS NO liquid rainbow in the 360 version of Diablo 3.
That sucks. You were trying to get that for a long time.

GO ON, LAUGH AT MY PAIN.

lol. Oh well. I just hope the gibbering gemstone isn't TOO much of a pain to get. Or the plans. I kinda wanted to get the staff for all of my characters. Shinbone and mushroom weren't that hard. Also, act 2 is way shorter than I remembered it being on my first playthrough of it. I guess it's a pretty short game overall if you're not revisiting places much.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-26 22:06:05

currently playing R-type on the Master System.
After a long time and messing around with wires finally got it up and running :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-27 11:51:22

At 3/26/15 10:06 PM, Myridon wrote: currently playing R-type on the Master System.
After a long time and messing around with wires finally got it up and running :)

How is it going? Enjoying it so far?

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-27 12:14:42

At 3/27/15 11:51 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/26/15 10:06 PM, Myridon wrote: currently playing R-type on the Master System.
How is it going? Enjoying it so far?

Basic but fun, music is still awesome and its addictive.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-28 11:41:55

At 3/27/15 12:14 PM, Myridon wrote:
Basic but fun, music is still awesome and its addictive.

Glad to hear that. Let us know when you beat the game.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-28 15:45:10

Started on Pillars of Eternity, and still working through Dragon Ball Xenoverse because it's grindy as fuck.

Pillars is pretty good so far. Nothing phenomenal yet, but I've only just finished up in the first hub town, so maybe it'll do more to impress later on. Really like the world and lore it's been presenting, but the actual story itself (and the stories of the side quests) are weaker than I'd expect from Obsidian.

I just wish Dragon Ball would make Super Vegeta drop already. I've put all my points into ki attacks, regular Super Saiyan doesn't cut it for me.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-28 15:58:30

GTA V yet. I've also played a bit of that Forza Horizon 2 Fast and Furious game. So far it's pretty fun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-28 18:09:14

At 3/28/15 03:45 PM, TheMaster wrote: I just wish Dragon Ball would make Super Vegeta drop already. I've put all my points into ki attacks, regular Super Saiyan doesn't cut it for me.

Pulling my hair out over this now.

You've got to beat about a dozen mooks tro make Freiza spawn.

Then you've got to ignore Freiza and go to the next area to ask Krillin to help you.

Then you've got to come back and let Freiza kill him, which spawns Goku, who immediately goes Super Saiyan.

Then you've got to beat Freiza so he'll activate 100% of his power, which triggers Vegeta to spawn.

Then you've got to beat 100% power Freiza.

Then Vegeta either goes "guess my power wasn't needed" and the mission ends, OR he goes Super Saiyan and turns on you and Goku.

Then after you beat him, there's a CHANCE of the Super Vegeta move dropping.

This game is suffering.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-31 09:08:23

The games I'm currently playing:

1) Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.

2) Spyro: A Hero's Tail.

3) Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-31 16:06:27

Just picked up Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies over spring break cuz there was a sale, and Im still playing it. Another great entry in the series

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-03-31 16:23:50

Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Day of Defeat

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-05 15:26:46

I have reached max level and finished all the side quests in Xenoverse.

2/3s of my way through doing all the Ultimate Finishes now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-07 22:26:06

At 4/5/15 03:26 PM, TheMaster wrote: I have reached max level and finished all the side quests in Xenoverse.

2/3s of my way through doing all the Ultimate Finishes now.

Pretty much the only think that I didn't like about that game is that you have to beat the game before you can make any more characters. So. Since my brother decided to play it before I got a chance to (since I had to work the day it was released) I had to wait for him to beat the fucking game before I could make my own. His character is currently level 80 and he's beaten about 1/2-3/4 of the side quests and is currently going around getting all the dragon balls so he can get all the wishes. He's also looking for Beerus so he can train with him. But he is nowhere to be found.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-08 11:54:40

At 3/31/15 09:08 AM, Troisnyx wrote: 3) Kirby's Epic Yarn.

It is a fun and comfy game. Easy to beat, but a little tougher to get 100%.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-08 17:05:33

NBA 2K13. I'm really awful when it comes to basketball games. For some reason I'm still getting into it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-09 18:32:58

Went back to playing Dragon Age: Origins and played through all the origin stories that I didn't do on my first run.

I'd probably rank them something like:
1. Magi
2. Dwarf Noble
3. City Elf
4. Dwarf Commoner
5. Dalish Elf
6. Human Noble

I really loved how Dwarf Noble and Magi immediately throw you into the Deep Roads and the Fade, which were by far the most interesting areas of the game in my opinion.

City Elf and Dwarf Commoner had decent enough plots where you get a nice introduction to the dwarven and elven cultures in this game. I suppose they also make for a good "from zero to hero" story.

The Dalish Elf probably had the best reasons to join the Wardens, but I think this one really wasn't worked out so well unfortunately. It could've been a lot more intense if they had put a bit more emphasis on the characters "illness". I also heard it had about the least impact on the main story.

I don't get why Human Noble is one of the most popular ones amongst DAO players. Yes, it had a pretty emotional scene at the end, but this type of origin story is such a trope.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-10 19:11:59

Nes Remix Pack, once again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-13 03:46:53

Pokemon Silver and God of War 2

Currently I am getting my ass handed to me in Dark Souls 2. Right now the sentinels guys in the Lost Bastille is the bane of my existence. Only so far managed to kill one of them but then it gets tricker.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-14 19:34:13

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Not bad, but very repetitive. Once I'm finished with it, I'm done for good though. Probably not worth revisiting. Oh, for the 360.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-15 02:13:56

I'm currently deciding between beating Persona 3 again, starting Persona 1 or 2, and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (or Strange Journey.)

I love these kinds of games but I do not often have time for them...

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-24 14:45:31

Played Metal Gear Solid.

It's definitely a great game. Aside from a few cheesy dialogue scenes, I think the plot was very good. I doubt there were many games before 2000 that had such a complex and cinematic story. It does indeed almost feel like you're playing a film. The voice-acting is excellent as well, especially for pre-2000 standards. What I also liked is that the gameplay had a lot of variety and flowed really well with the plot. Every room, every enemy, every boss fight felt different which really kept the game exciting all the way through.

I still got Metal Gear Solid 2 sitting on my shelf, so I'll probably start playing that soon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-24 15:38:32

Started playing Borderlands 2 last week. It's fun.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-24 18:38:10

Also made some progress with Fallout 2, but to be honest I'm not enjoying it as much as Fallout 1. I was hoping the game would be over shortly after I got the G.E.C.K. but it turns out there's a whole other section of the game where you constantly run into overpowered enemies like Enclave Patrols. I don't expect the plot will get that much better from here on out either.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-25 15:20:58

Started it today.

Combat is bit naff, but I am enjoying it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-26 23:45:50

Kirby : Return to Dream Land

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-04-30 13:40:42

Mortal Kombat X