00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

353,538 Views | 5,147 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-22 23:00:04

Payday 2 and Mass effect!

The Game You're Currently Playing

Holy shit newgrounds more like oldgrounds haha...i'll see myself out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-30 08:29:19

Decided to play Skyrim seeing as I'm off work until the 5th Jan. I've beaten this game before but I never fully experienced it. Just kind of rushed through it whenever I got the chance to play it because I was busy with uni work at the time. Hoping I'll still be willing to play it once I'm back at work again, but usually I tend to lose motivation with games when I don't have enough spare time to properly play them.

Over the past 2 days I think I've sunk 9 hours into it, which is a lot more than I usually spend gaming these days. I've actually quite missed being able to get engrossed in a game. I should do this more often. Once I play the shit out of Skyrim I think I'm going to go back and replay Oblivion and then hopefully Morrowind. Ideally I'd like to finish Arena and Daggerfall too but I reckon that'll be too much of a challenge for me.

Been playing a lot of Rocksmith 2014 too. Not really a game I guess but at the same time it is. I used to love playing Guitar Hero and Rockband so it's pretty awesome to be able to play that style of game with an actual instrument rather than a 5 button guitar thing. Only started playing bass a few days ago and I'm already getting 95-100% on quite a few songs. Unsure how the leaderboards work on Rocksmith, but for Slayer - War Ensemble it has me ranked something like 24th on hard mode. Surely those aren't global scores? Love playing that song though.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-30 09:10:58

I'm sporadically playing The Binding of Isaac, making my way through each character defeating each boss. I beat Blue Baby/??? the other day so I'm up to my original Isaac progress now.

I got £10 of Google Play balance for Christmas and so I've bought a few games to play on my phone. I got the very pretty and very fun Reckless Racing 3, the interactive story based game 80 Days and I got one of (and if not THE) best Star Wars games every released, Knights of the Old Republic. All of those are great and I'd recommend them all.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-30 11:52:27

So, Saint's Row 4 is actually pretty good (got National Treasure edition). I can't trust what people say anymore. Also started Mario Galaxy. Jeez, this gets disorienting. Fun, though. Also got Borderlands 2 GOTY and Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil edition but I haven't tried them out. I had to delete stuff to make room for the Borderlands 2 and SR4 dlc.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-30 13:08:29

fallout 1, 2 ,3 and new vegas. cause there isn't anything interesting out atm

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-30 14:16:35

At 12/30/14 02:07 PM, AboboJoe wrote:
At 12/30/14 01:08 PM, thespazicat wrote: fallout 1, 2 ,3 and new vegas. cause there isn't anything interesting out atm
Out of those three, what one would you suggest to someone who fell in-love with Skyrim? I know it's not like the Fallout series, but I still wouldn't mind knowing!

well if you want to get straight off of skyrim probably 3 or new vegas as they have pretty much similar game play style (minus spells and shouts), personally i like new vegas over 3, and then after that id say try out 1,2 and tatics as they are a different game play system all together, if you like pc games from 20 years ago

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-30 16:09:37

At 12/30/14 01:08 PM, thespazicat wrote: fallout 1, 2 ,3 and new vegas. cause there isn't anything interesting out atm
Out of those three, what one would you suggest to someone who fell in-love with Skyrim? I know it's not like the Fallout series, but I still wouldn't mind knowing!

3 or New Vegas, 1 and 2 are completely different games.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-30 16:15:50

At 12/30/14 02:07 PM, AboboJoe wrote: Out of those three, what one would you suggest to someone who fell in-love with Skyrim? I know it's not like the Fallout series, but I still wouldn't mind knowing!

Either Fallout 3 or New Vegas, although they feel much more like Oblivion than Skyrim.

Fallout 1 and 2 are very different games. They're much more tabletop RPG-like. I know at least Fallout 1 is definitely worth a play too though, and most people seem to like Fallout 2 as well.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-30 20:35:46

At 12/30/14 04:09 PM, iMini wrote:
At 12/30/14 01:08 PM, thespazicat wrote:
3 or New Vegas, 1 and 2 are completely different games.

You also might want to give Dragon's Dogma a look.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-31 11:11:54

Captain Toad Treasure Hunter.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-12-31 21:31:00

Vindictus. The Mellina raids never gets old - especially the kraken raid imo, since I'm still after the fang..

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-03 10:43:24

I just recently played through Portal 2 for the first time. One of my friends bought it as a gift for me (which I have yet to return, now that I think about it. Need to get on that...) and I wasn't really expecting much, if I'm honest. I was never really a fan of puzzle games as I always thought of those cheap little things that I could pick up for less than $5 at my local superstore. Thankfully, this game brought me a whole new perspective to look at on the genre. I was so engrossed in the world that Portal 2 put me in. I loved all the characters and was actually disappointed when **SPOILERS** Wheatley becomes evil as the all-powerful sentient robotic being of the testing facility. After playing through it, Portal 2 easily makes my top ten games of all time list. In fact, I even went back and decided to give it another round to look for any easter eggs I may have missed and to see about getting any achievements that were kind of easy to get but I missed the first time through.

Other than that, I've been playing a lot of League of Legends again recently.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-04 09:50:57

Been playing Guilty Gear XRD. I've been maining Elphelt and Bedman mostly. I'm still pretty shit at it, though.For some reason I can't seem to do inputs nearly as reliably on the DS4 as I could on the DS3.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-04 09:51:49

Actually been playing a few different things recently.

Tombi - Got it as a Christmas gift. Actually not played too much of it yet. Pretty much up to the point where the original demo disc of the game I used to have ends.

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Surprised at how much I've been enjoying this. Two pretty major mechanics in the game put me off. Renting items rather than finding them in dungeons seemed like something that would take away from the Zelda experience, but it actually works okay. Although I have a tenancy to just rent everything at once to save me getting somewhere, realizing I need a specific item and then having to go back and get it. The merging with walls thing also works better than I thought it would. Sometimes simple puzzles stump me because I forget that I can merge with the walls. Just not used to being able to do that so it's not something that I always initially think to do.

Magic 2014 - Have been wanting to play board games recently, but lack people to play them with. Got me in the mood to play some Magic again, but had the same problem. Figured I'd boot up the PC version and play that. Still enjoy this but it just bugs me how the computer controlled battles don't start out with shuffled decks. They're per-arranged and for some of the games this can be a pain in the ass. Still fun though. Realized there's a 2015 version too but didn't seem to get much praise.

Baldur's Gate - Again related to the whole board game thing, I decided I wanted to play through some of the DnD related games I have. Decided to start with the oldest one first, hence Baldur's Gate. Was actually quite enjoying it until I made a rookie mistake by revealing who I was to some random NPC who turned hostile and wiped out my party. Hadn't saved since near enough the start of the game and couldn't be arsed replaying it from that point. Might revisit it again sometime soon because I'd like to play more of these games. I'll remember to save more often next time.

Shadowrun Returns - Not too far into this one but I've had it sitting in my Steam library unplayed ever since I got my new PC which was a while back now. Quite enjoying it but it has been quite a slow start. I thought there'd be more regular combat but in the hour and a half I've played so far there have been 2 battles I think. Will play it some more but didn't think it was particularly amazing or anything.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - I enjoy playing Counter-Strike, I just suck really bad at it. Been playing deathmatch just so that I can get practice without having to do a lot of waiting around. In the other modes I just tend to get killed quick and have to sit out until the next round. I'm just no good when it comes to quick, precise aiming. I feel like most players can spot me and pull off a headshot almost instantly. Never feel like I actually get any better either.

Also have a bit of a craving to set up the SNES so that I can finish off Mega Man X and replay some of the other games I have. Would love to replay Super Metroid and maybe even Super Castlevania. Then thinking of Super Metroid also makes me want to play through Symphony of the Night again. So many games, so little time. The annoying thing is that once I'm back at work again (as of tomorrow) I'll probably lose all my motivation to play games. I dunno why, but when I get home from work I just can't be bothered to play games :(

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-04 10:20:26

Recently started playing Spore (EA) again... Nostalgia trip. :D
And ofcourse keeping a gba emulator on my phone. :P

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-04 11:07:14

NES Remix Pack.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-14 16:30:56

Well I completed the smash challenge board. I beat the Master Quest Adventure map in Hyrule Warriors and am now doing the Twilight Map adventure map. Also playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

As for my youtube adventures I have just completed Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for the 2nd time(1st time I've done it on Normal). You can catch the Finale episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nHHomNnWUw

And my viewers have suggested and voted on me playing Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits as my next series. You can catch the 1st episode of that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k7qLV0du4s

That's it for now. Will update again.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-14 19:01:33

I've just finished the Dead Money DLC for Fallout New Vegas.

It does have a pretty good plot, but the gameplay is so incredibly tedious. The whole map is a rat maze where every place looks exactly the same and they heavily overuse this annoying mechanic where speakers and radios make a bomb collar around your neck go off if you stand close to them for too long (~7 seconds). There's so much trial-and-error involved in trying to avoid being blown up.

I didn't have much fun with it. Hopefully the other DLC packs are better.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-14 20:14:50

Bought and started playing Auditorium on psn. Was only $0.99 and it is honestly worth a hell of a lot more than that. Granted the puzzles are really well...puzzling at times. But it's a fun game.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-16 03:02:32

At 3/24/08 12:14 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's the game(s) you've been playing recently?

I've been playing Pokemon Gold and Earthbound.

Madness: Project Nexus G:031M Arena run and StarCraft II

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-16 12:00:29

I've been playing nothing but CS-GO for 10 hours a day, decided to finally start playing it this year, I missed out on too much.

Other than that, Gauntlet - Dark Legacy with my mom, like old times. GDL is all she ever played back in 07~08

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-16 23:35:08

At 3/24/08 12:14 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's the game(s) you've been playing recently?

I've been playing Pokemon Gold and Earthbound.

pokemon y,mario kart7

hi I''m TeriosKrim and approve this message

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-18 18:44:41

At 1/14/15 07:01 PM, Auz wrote: I've just finished the Dead Money DLC for Fallout New Vegas.

Just finished the Lonesome Road DLC.

Unfortunately, I was unaware that this was the last DLC pack for Fallout: New Vegas and I probably should have kept it for last. Apparently there are some references to this expansion in the Old World Blues DLC that I haven't played yet. I guess that might be why I found the plot of Lonesome Road a bit hard to follow. Only when I checked the wiki page did the plot suddenly become a lot more clear to me.

Anyway, I did like Lonesome Road more than Dead Money. I wouldn't say the plot is better, but at least you get a lot more high-end gear as a reward and the gameplay isn't so tedious.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-19 08:10:27

Dicks! They delayed GTA V on the PC :(

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-19 11:22:51

Far Cry 4, cant stop playing it, wont stop playing it

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-19 11:24:12

Super Smash Bros for Wii U

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-20 19:26:04

At 1/18/15 06:44 PM, Auz wrote:
At 1/14/15 07:01 PM, Auz wrote: I've just finished the Dead Money DLC for Fallout New Vegas.

Wow... Honest Hearts starts off with some of the worst game design I have ever seen in a game.

I made the mistake of accidentally killing an essential NPC at the beginning of the quest. Apparently, it's a very common mistake players make because the guy is hard to distinguish from the regular enemies that are attacking you at that moment and he's even marked as hostile. When you kill the guy, you immediately fail all the main quests of the DLC and lose out on the entire story. The only thing you can still do is pick up something at the other side of the map and make your way back, which will take about 15 minutes. For the rest, the DLC is over.

Glad I could reset everything with console commands, because otherwise I would have been pretty pissed at having spent any money on this.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-20 19:42:08

At 1/20/15 07:26 PM, Auz wrote:

Did you find Seymour (unless you don't have wild wasteland)? Poor dog.

I'm walkin' on sunshiiiine woaaah

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-22 20:11:06

Beside the Fallout New Vegas DLC, I've been playing some other games as well:

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Seems like a pretty solid adventure game for its time, but I guess it was completely overshadowed by Ocarina of Time. Its strongest point is probably the gameplay. I especially loved the Mech Suit battle early on in the game.

Shadow of the Colossus
I agree that it's an amazing game. Especially the art direction and cinematography are incredibly good. I've seen someone commenting that the game should have been more Zelda-esque, but I think the lifelessness of the environment and the minimalistic plot help to establish a very mystical atmosphere. Something that I also liked in ICO.

At 1/20/15 07:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 1/20/15 07:26 PM, Auz wrote:
Did you find Seymour (unless you don't have wild wasteland)? Poor dog.
I'm walkin' on sunshiiiine woaaah

Nope. Apparently, you can't find him without Wild Wasteland.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-01-22 20:12:57

Pac-Man and the ghostly adventures

BBS Signature