New Topic Respond to this Topic
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 06:01 AM Reply

Well, I'm almost finished Metal Gear Solid 2. Up to the point where you have to fight about eight Metal Gear Ray's. Thinking about starting on Tomb Raider: Legend afterwards.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 07:40 AM Reply

If you get any packs, I advise that you get Broken Steel or Operation Anchorage.

mothership zeta as well!

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 02:12 PM Reply

Recently beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. Loading screens didn't seem to make me want to quit, it just made me want to finish the game more. Second time I've done so. This being my second time I've played through it since 2007. Might play through all the hard versions of the levels. Playing Wave Ocean on Hard was just enemies, mines, and a couple of extra bonus rings to go through. Lastly, getting all of Sonic's upgrades seems impossible for now since you need to get B, A, or S ranks on every level and mini-mission to get them all.

Next games to complete are Chrono Trigger and soon... Batman Arkham Asylum once I pick that game up
netmanx
netmanx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 02:58 PM Reply

almost done fallout 3, then i still have to do new vegas

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 03:23 PM Reply

FFVII
FFX
Reach
Skyrim

Jetdrive
Jetdrive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 03:26 PM Reply

Just finished my Suicide Mission play through of Spec Ops: The Line. Awesome game, I really hope they continue down this path of story driven shooters.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 10:49 AM Reply

I am attempting to play through Final Fantasy Tactics One for the second time. I had to start over because my party was too imbalanced.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 7th, 2012 @ 11:27 AM Reply

At 9/4/12 06:01 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Well, I'm almost finished Metal Gear Solid 2. Up to the point where you have to fight about eight Metal Gear Ray's. Thinking about starting on Tomb Raider: Legend afterwards.

Wow, Tomb Raider: Legend was short. Completed it already with most of the bronze and silver "trophies". Not sure if I can be bothered going back and getting the others, plus the gold ones. We'll see.

Hmmm, new game. Undecided on whether I should finish up Silent Hill 2 or Half Life, or move on to something else. Shadow Of The Colossus is catching my eye...

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 7th, 2012 @ 01:24 PM Reply

Just Rock Band Blitz at the moment but I'm going to be starting Fallout 3 again soon.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 7th, 2012 @ 01:40 PM Reply

Can't bring myself to finish Devil May cry 3. It's just hard for no reason and the fact you're " rewarded" with an easy mode is just another way of saying "We fucked up". Not to mention it's repetitive as hell, I don't mind being force back to older levels to get stronger and more abilities but in DMC's case those levels are still a headache even after you've beaten them. It alsotakes too damn long to upgrade which is why the game feels so unrewarding for killing challenging bosses. And the controls seemed like an after thought. Clicking down on the movement stick to switch lock on targets was a dumb idea. And it doesn't even target the opponent you want to face properly. The combat animations which is the selling point of the game isn't all it's cracked up to be I've seen much more satisfying combos in God of War and even Bayonetta (the so-called DMC clone.)

Dante as a character as far as I played (level 5) is just some over hyper adrenaline junkie who goes out of his way to show off whenever possible. Being naturally cool (Sonic) is cool, but Dante just comes off as trying too hard and annoying.

Strongly recommend renting to newcomers.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 7th, 2012 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 9/7/12 01:24 PM, simon wrote: Just Rock Band Blitz at the moment but I'm going to be starting Fallout 3 again soon.

Oh yeah forgot to mention I've revisted a buttload of old games and earned about 4,000G this week lmao.. games like MW3, Guitar Hero 5, GTA4, Gears of War 1, etc!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

Began playing Sonic Generations last night. Fun game.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 11:21 AM Reply

At 9/15/12 06:38 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Began playing Sonic Generations last night. Fun game.

W00t!

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 11:25 PM Reply

Just finished my second playthrough of max payne 3, guess it's back to uncharted 3 multiplayer until I can find something else to do....

GreyW0Lf
GreyW0Lf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 08:15 PM Reply

At 9/7/12 01:40 PM, II2none wrote: Can't bring myself to finish Devil May cry 3.

Hehe, I felt exactly the same way when I played it at first. But I gave it a chance out of pure boredom and is now one of my favorite games. You just have to practice a bit more; heck, try easy mode if you feel like grinding and of course remember that it's an old game after all.

BTW, I'm playing Devil May Cry 4 right now... kinda disappointing, but it's still a nice game.

Do you want a hot coffee?

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 09:48 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 08:15 PM, GreyW0Lf wrote:
At 9/7/12 01:40 PM, II2none wrote: Can't bring myself to finish Devil May cry 3.
Hehe, I felt exactly the same way when I played it at first. But I gave it a chance out of pure boredom and is now one of my favorite games. You just have to practice a bit more; heck, try easy mode if you feel like grinding and of course remember that it's an old game after all.

Grinding is one of its major problems the levels don't offer any replay value just frustration. The fact that it rewards me with an easier difficulty is an insult. Glad you enjoyed it but unfortunately I've already decided it's barely worth the rental.

QOTW:

BBS Signature
Lucian-MK-IV
Lucian-MK-IV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 09:59 PM Reply

I started to play Fallout 3 again. Finally, after eons i upgraded my PC so now i'm playing it with all the graphic enhancing mods, pushing it to the limit, making my graphic card sweat like an angry rhino on LSD.

"GROOOOAAAAAR!!!!" - Tyrannosaurus rex, 65 million years ago

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 10:07 AM Reply

Been playing Shadow Of The Colossus and while it's a great and groundbreaking game, I don't think it's gonna last me very long. Already half-way through (eight down, eight to go) and put less than four hours of gameplay in so far. Still, it's one of the most refreshing and unique games I've ever played and I'm really, really enjoying it.

Bought loads of PS2 games recently including:

Spartan: Total Warrior
Primal
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain
Sonic Heroes
Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
Project: Snowblind
Jak 1 & 2
Ratchet & Clank 1 & 2
Onimusha 3

Think I'll start on Spartan: Total Warrior after I've finished SotC.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 12:32 PM Reply

I'm currently playing through Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I have played the two others in this trilogy, but only picked up this one up recently. I have to say that I do like it a lot, definitely more than the second one. This one has the best environments and scenery in the series in my opinion. It's too bad you can't do as many cool moves in fights, but the gameplay is still fairly quick and smooth which I find surprising considering you don't use nearly as many buttons.

I'm also playing through Final Fantasy Tactics again. I lost my save file last time so I never finished it, but this time I'm going to try to beat it. I'm actually very near the end already, so it shouldn't be a problem. Got a much better party this time as well.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 21 April 2014)

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 12:56 PM Reply

Max Payne 3. I'm trying to get all the gold gun parts and clues as I go, which I have so far, but I've got 4 levels left and I'll probably just enjoy them first and then play through them again.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 9/20/12 10:07 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Sonic Heroes

I hear the Ps2 version is a buggy mess.

Jak 1 & 2

Both are awesome despite how incredibly frustrating the sequel was.

QOTW:

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

Just got Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 9/20/12 06:27 PM, LiquidFire wrote: Just got Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock

Is that any good?

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
NerdLiife
NerdLiife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 12:15 PM Reply

Just finished up BF3. Clearin' out the metro too.

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Programmer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 01:12 PM Reply

I've been messing around in GTA IV lately. Finally playing The Ballad of Gay Tony.

It doesn't look very good, but I'll probably play it anyway because it's doctor who.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 04:09 PM Reply

I got the humble indie bundle so I can say I am playing shatter, vessel, and rochard, I am playing torchlight but it honestly doesn't hold my interest, I have never been a fan of "click on an enemy and watch a fight play out" kind of thing.

I like my games to be skill based combat, or if not turn based combat or something, RTS is fun, but not THIS bullshit. Eugh. Torchlight for now feels like one i'll shove away and never touch again.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 11:13 PM Reply

Borderlands 2, but I finally have a Super Nintendo, so I'm also playing Final Fantasy II.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 12:33 PM Reply

At 9/21/12 10:12 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Is that any good?
It doesn't look very good, but I'll probably play it anyway because it's doctor who.

It's actually pretty fun. It was buggy from time to time, but nothing really annoying. The trophies are also really really easy.

Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 12:08 PM Reply

At 9/20/12 10:07 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Project: Snowblind

Let me know if that game is any good. I've been trying to find a copy for myself.

BBS Signature
mjfan97
mjfan97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 07:38 PM Reply

I'm currently grinding 15million dollars to upgrade all the cars for platinum in Anarchy: Rush Hour. It's pretty boring. And also, Tony Hawk which I finally got that damn pellet trophy on. I was so damn happy when I got it! :) Shame I still can't do those stupid special tricks.

At 9/22/12 12:33 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 9/21/12 10:12 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Is that any good?
It's actually pretty fun. It was buggy from time to time, but nothing really annoying. The trophies are also really really easy.

I found it quite boring, the bugs were annoying, it had shitty checkpoints, it froze a lot and the puzzles I didn't care for at all. Too bad I couldn't look up a guide for the puzzles as they're randomly generated. :(