00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zaetalos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Name that game! [screenshots]

228,024 Views | 2,931 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-26 15:22:57

At 9/26/10 11:50 AM, mwmike wrote: Another RPG, an extremely mediocre game developed by a team that, in the past, produced some absolute fucking gems:

Is that Granstream Saga? I only heard it sucked, but I never played it. It seemed like an interesting premise, though.

Aw, screw it I'll post one too:

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-26 16:26:49

At 9/26/10 03:22 PM, Panzerknacker wrote: Is that Granstream Saga? I only heard it sucked, but I never played it. It seemed like an interesting premise, though.

Indeed it is. I didn't mention the exact developers due to the fact that I've posted all four Quintet full-RPGs (not including actraiser, seeing as that's largely a fighting game). Also, speaking of quintet, after months of putting it off due to the language barriers, I'm attempting to play through the German fan-made Terranigma 2. It'd be great, but due to the fact that I can't read the dialogue (and by god is there a lot of dialogue) I have no clue what to do. D:

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-26 16:57:45

A terrible driving game for PC

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-26 17:19:16

At 9/26/10 03:22 PM, Panzerknacker wrote: Aw, screw it I'll post one too:

I'm guessing from the resolution that that's a PSP game, although I have no clue which one. It looks like the kind of thing that'd be pretty obscure, hopefully someone'll get it. Right now I'm about to give an old DOS strategy game a try, wondering if anyone can guess the name from this screenshot:

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-26 20:34:03

At 9/25/10 09:58 PM, BarkingBushbaby wrote:
At 9/25/10 07:34 PM, Salnax wrote: Europa Universalis 3?
Congratulations! You an /int/ bernd too? Anyways, let's not get too off topic, but I didn't expect anyone to get that really.

Actually, I just got lucky. I saw a friend playing it once, and have no idea what an /int/ bernd is.

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-26 20:53:38

At 9/26/10 05:19 PM, mwmike wrote: I'm guessing from the resolution that that's a PSP game, although I have no clue which one. It looks like the kind of thing that'd be pretty obscure, hopefully someone'll get it. Right now I'm about to give an old DOS strategy game a try, wondering if anyone can guess the name from this screenshot:

Civilization 2/3?

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-26 21:08:05

At 9/26/10 05:19 PM, mwmike wrote:
At 9/26/10 03:22 PM, Panzerknacker wrote: Aw, screw it I'll post one too:
I'm guessing from the resolution that that's a PSP game, although I have no clue which one. It looks like the kind of thing that'd be pretty obscure, hopefully someone'll get it. Right now I'm about to give an old DOS strategy game a try, wondering if anyone can guess the name from this screenshot:

Sim City?

Also, whoever guessed mine, you were wrong. It was Streets of Sim City.

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-26 23:49:59

At 9/25/10 09:58 PM, BarkingBushbaby wrote:
At 9/25/10 07:34 PM, Salnax wrote:
At 9/25/10 07:16 PM, BarkingBushbaby wrote: Wow, I honestly didn't know the game was that popular.

Can anyone guess which amazing game this is? It's definitely the most addicting game I've ever played...
Oh, and if you can guess correctly, you're probably from... some website's /int/. And if you know what that means, you win the internet.
Europa Universalis 3?
Congratulations! You an /int/ bernd too? Anyways, let's not get too off topic, but I didn't expect anyone to get that really.

Someone post the next picture, please, as I'm out of ideas!

Turkey cannot into EU, Poland cannot into space, Italy cannot into white. Can I be into /int/ bernd yet?
Oh and just so this isn't completely irrelevant your playing the heir to the throne expansion

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-27 16:31:38

At 9/26/10 09:07 PM, A-Laser wrote: It's Caesar II.

PLEBS ARE NEEDED!!

Indeed it is, bro. I've never actually been able to get into any of the Caesar games, despite the fact that as a whole I love strategy games, both realtime and turnbased. I might have to give it another crack sometime soon, often replaying games just a few weeks onwards from when I didn't enjoy playing at all somehow ends up with me loving the game.

Another DOS game for you all, an RPG here from a well-established series:

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-27 17:53:10

At 9/27/10 05:07 PM, Crink wrote:
At 9/27/10 04:31 PM, mwmike wrote:
daggerfall? arena?

elder scrolls-eqsue?

Arena indeed. It looks slightly like the opening dungeon of Daggerfall, too, so either way you're pretty much right. While we're on the theme of TES, one free internet goes to whoever can mention the name of this game is. It's a recently developed German Oblivion TC which IMO is even better than the original game, by quite a bit, it has great translations, too.

Unlike the fanmade Terranigma 2, which doesn't even fucking have english translations </3

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-28 21:41:13

At 9/27/10 05:53 PM, mwmike wrote:
At 9/27/10 05:07 PM, Crink wrote:
At 9/27/10 04:31 PM, mwmike wrote:
daggerfall? arena?

elder scrolls-eqsue?
Arena indeed. It looks slightly like the opening dungeon of Daggerfall, too, so either way you're pretty much right. While we're on the theme of TES, one free internet goes to whoever can mention the name of this game is. It's a recently developed German Oblivion TC which IMO is even better than the original game, by quite a bit, it has great translations, too.

Unlike the fanmade Terranigma 2, which doesn't even fucking have english translations </3

Ah, yes, Nehrim! I've been eyeing it a lot when I still played Oblivion but I felt it was too big to download. I have a 6 GB cap, you see, and I wouldn't want to approach that any more than I've approached it now.

Can anyone guess the coolest platformer game of all time? Sorry for the low image quality.

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-29 11:40:27

At 9/28/10 09:41 PM, BarkingBushbaby wrote:

e coolest platformer game of all time? Sorry for the low image quality.

That's Gex though I've on played it's sequels.

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-29 11:48:25

Dos games are making a come back?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-29 11:51:28

At 9/29/10 11:48 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Dos games are making a come back?

Imagine having to go through those numbing numbing hours reading the manual just to get the game running on prompt again on Window 3.1.

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-29 12:15:08

At 9/28/10 09:41 PM, BarkingBushbaby wrote: Ah, yes, Nehrim!

Oh, you twat, you. :3 I thought that one was safe, being my second most obscure game posted yet - that including quite a lot that weren't guessed.

Can anyone guess the coolest platformer game of all time? Sorry for the low image quality.

Gex, I believe. Too easy, bro. :3

I might post yet another picture. :3 I'll fetch my memory stick and rummage through my SNES collection for something nice and obscure for all of you and take a screenshot of it.

Oh, found one. I don't believe that this game was ever too popular:

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-29 14:29:02

At 9/29/10 12:15 PM, mwmike wrote:
At 9/28/10 09:41 PM, BarkingBushbaby wrote: Ah, yes, Nehrim!
Oh, you twat, you. :3 I thought that one was safe, being my second most obscure game posted yet - that including quite a lot that weren't guessed.

Gex, I believe. Too easy, bro. :3

I might post yet another picture. :3 I'll fetch my memory stick and rummage through my SNES collection for something nice and obscure for all of you and take a screenshot of it.

It's not R-Type but it did have a similar mechanic ... Did'nt this Side Scrolling shootem up have like the music by 2 Unlimited?

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-29 14:55:11

At 9/29/10 02:50 PM, Jow279 wrote:
Gex, the only worth buying game for 3DO

Sure it's the only good game for the 3do?

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-29 15:03:29

At 9/29/10 02:55 PM, argile wrote:
At 9/29/10 02:50 PM, Jow279 wrote:
Gex, the only worth buying game for 3DO
Sure it's the only good game for the 3do?

Yeah, I heard that there was a pretty good version of Street Fighter 2, a great Samurai Shodown port, and the original Need for Speed.

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-29 16:18:59

One of the most aggravating games of all time:

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-30 01:49:12

At 9/29/10 04:18 PM, Eddmario wrote: One of the most aggravating games of all time:

Fucking minesweeper.

My favorite computer game of all time.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-09-30 18:13:53

At 9/26/10 06:53 AM, Wolfos wrote:
At 9/26/10 06:13 AM, Panzerknacker wrote: On topic, though: what game is this from?
Odin Sphere.

How about this one?
and why the fuck did I like this game?

viva pinata?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-10-01 13:06:22

At 9/29/10 12:15 PM, mwmike wrote: I might post yet another picture. :3 I'll fetch my memory stick and rummage through my SNES collection for something nice and obscure for all of you and take a screenshot of it.

Hurr durr...

Zero Wing?

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-10-01 14:01:23

At 10/1/10 01:06 PM, BarkingBushbaby wrote:
At 9/29/10 12:15 PM, mwmike wrote: I might post yet another picture. :3 I'll fetch my memory stick and rummage through my SNES collection for something nice and obscure for all of you and take a screenshot of it.

Hurr durr...

Zero Wing?

nope Biometal

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-10-01 16:43:38

Internet meme time

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-10-01 16:50:11

At 10/1/10 04:43 PM, Eddmario wrote: Internet meme time

Take off every zig

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-10-01 17:25:28

At 10/1/10 02:01 PM, argile wrote: nope Biometal

This man has the right idea. It's not a bad sidescroller at all, but I'd much rather play something a little less... generic. The graphics are generic, the gameplay is generic, it's pretty much just a massive pile of generic sidescroller elements thrown on top of each other.

Got another screenshot, from a very frustrating little NES game:

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-10-05 12:20:40

At 10/1/10 05:25 PM, mwmike wrote:
At 10/1/10 02:01 PM, argile wrote:

Got another screenshot, from a very frustrating little NES game:

Where's waldo ?

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-10-08 16:34:00

i think this is't hard cus its a online download game with nice graphics

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-10-09 10:50:16

What game is this typo from?

BBS Signature

Response to Name that game! [screenshots] 2010-10-09 10:53:17

At 10/8/10 04:34 PM, DragonBlood22 wrote: i think this is't hard cus its a online download game with nice graphics

certainly not bad for a downloadable online game , the graphics are almost near early xbox .