00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Basicsunshine's art. :3

13,811 Views | 169 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:12:12

At 7/31/08 07:10 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: Or all of the MS paint guys that have in their heads that they are creating art but are really wasting our time. Those people.

what do those people have to with anything? They're the ones who are just starting out, lots of awesome people started out there.

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

SOUNDCLOUD|FACEBOOK|TWITTER|

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD IS RELEASING A MIXTAPE FEBRUARY ENTITLED "HIGH KING KUNG FU GOD"

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:14:44

At 7/31/08 07:12 PM, peanutbutterclawk wrote:
At 7/31/08 07:10 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: Or all of the MS paint guys that have in their heads that they are creating art but are really wasting our time. Those people.
what do those people have to with anything? They're the ones who are just starting out, lots of awesome people started out there.

Sure, there are plenty of people that start there. That doesn't mean

all of them are actually creating art. A good chunk just wanna pretend and not actually apply.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:18:37

At 7/31/08 07:14 PM, raveninskyprime wrote:

all of them are actually creating art. A good chunk just wanna pretend and not actually apply.

How do you know they aren't applying? Show me some examples please.

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD IS RELEASING A MIXTAPE FEBRUARY ENTITLED "HIGH KING KUNG FU GOD"

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:21:43

At 7/31/08 07:10 PM, raveninskyprime wrote:

Name all the threads you locked because the bastards were little shits that steal art. I think those people are pretty self centered. Or all of the MS paint guys that have in their heads that they are creating art but are really wasting our time. Those people.

you mean the few kids that don't have money for a real program and are trying to participate? and kids that steal art, are just lazy and simply want to be part of our group. In fact they steal art because They KNOW they aren't good enough. so not even close, but nice try

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:22:27

At 7/31/08 07:18 PM, peanutbutterclawk wrote:

Here's one.
Here's another.

That's what I mean. I'm not targeting everyone that is stuck with MS paint, I'm targeting the guys who literally don't give a damn.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:26:02

At 7/31/08 07:22 PM, raveninskyprime wrote:

Here's one.
Here's another.

That's what I mean. I'm not targeting everyone that is stuck with MS paint, I'm targeting the guys who literally don't give a damn.

you reasoning is flawed, neither one of these people look down on us and believe their work is perfect

so back to my first question

name, one.

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:30:59

At 7/31/08 07:02 PM, peanutbutterclawk wrote: your art is OKAY it's nothing new or exciting, but I really fucking hate your personality and how arrogant you are, jesus christ learn to take critisism and use it to improve your art don't get so god damn defensive all the time.

it's not that I can't take criticism. you don't think I've never taken harsh criticism before? the criticism I've gotten is nothing compared to anything here. you saying that just proves how much you don't know.

why should I explain my life to anyone? would it change anything? no. would it change your views about me? no. knowing my own life is enough to myself to prove that I deserve what I've gotten. PGSA is a summer school in Pennsylvania for the artistically talented and gifted. it's very prestigious. only 60 out of 1000 sophomores and juniors get in.
so yes. I do know what I'm talking about.
you however, don't know anything. you in fact cannot teach yourself art. you can teach yourself to draw, and doodle, and paint. but you can't teach yourself to be a professional. saying that is basically saying you know everything there is to know about art. now how wrong it that? very.
oh, so you've only had two art lessons? boo-hoo for you. here is the first place I've ever taken art classes. before I got in, you know what I was saying? I want to learn. I want to learn from the best. I want to be good.
not, I already taught myself how to draw and paint. I can teach myself.
it seems you've contradicted yourself.
and by the way, your work looks like every other average flash artist out there.
and MC, do you not know how to read? that's so sad ;____;
or is it that you don't want to believe anything you don't think is true?

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:32:59

At 7/31/08 07:26 PM, MindChamber wrote:
At 7/31/08 07:22 PM, raveninskyprime wrote:

Here's one.
Here's another.

you reasoning is flawed, neither one of these people look down on us and believe their work is perfect

so back to my first question

name, one.

I was only recognizing that she's self-centered. I provided examples of self-centered people.

But I guess you're right, I'm wrong... I'm just a fucking retard that doen't know what he's talking about.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:37:41

At 7/31/08 07:32 PM, raveninskyprime wrote:
But I guess you're right, I'm wrong... I'm just a fucking retard that doen't know what he's talking about.

you dont know what you are talking about, but youre the one that added the retard not me..

and linking me to a couple of pages where 12 year olds that want to join in on what were are doing does not constitute being sefl centered. otherwise you would be guilty of that by adding a link to your art thread.

in fact if you read those links you would see most people said they, tried or gave it their best. these are kids that just want to be part of it.

not anywhere are these kids stating they know more are are better educated than we are.

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:39:02

At 7/31/08 07:30 PM, Basicsunshine wrote: it's very prestigious. only 60 out of 1000 sophomores and juniors get in.

Youve told us this, stop repeating yourself to make yourself sound better, we dont give a shit about some fancy pants school.

you however, don't know anything. you in fact cannot teach yourself art.

Bullshit.

you can teach yourself to draw, and doodle, and paint. but you can't teach yourself to be a professional. saying that is basically saying you know everything there is to know about art. now how wrong it that? very.

So drawing isnt art?? Im sorry i was under the impression that it was. So you're only an artist if you're a professional? Yeah ok, you keep thinking that.

oh, so you've only had two art lessons? boo-hoo for you. here is the first place I've ever taken art classes. before I got in, you know what I was saying? I want to learn. I want to learn from the best. I want to be good.

Ok, so your sad stories are supposed to matter but other peoples arent? Wow.

and by the way, your work looks like every other average flash artist out there.

You make a flash animation thats better, go on, i fucking dare you. If you're so good.

I really wonder how intelligent you are sometimes.

I told myself id stay out of this thread, but your ignorance keeps dragging me back in.

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:40:36

At 7/31/08 07:30 PM, Basicsunshine wrote: it's not that I can't take criticism. you don't think I've never taken harsh criticism before? the criticism I've gotten is nothing compared to anything here. you saying that just proves how much you don't know.

Then why are you taking it like such a little bitch?

why should I explain my life to anyone? would it change anything? no. would it change your views about me? no. knowing my own life is enough to myself to prove that I deserve what I've gotten. PGSA is a summer school in Pennsylvania for the artistically talented and gifted. it's very prestigious. only 60 out of 1000 sophomores and juniors get in.
so yes. I do know what I'm talking about.

First of all, I never asked you about your life. Second, I don't give a shit what school you're in or how prestigious it is. Third, it's incredibly obvious by now that you're talking straight out of your ass.

you however, don't know anything. you in fact cannot teach yourself art. you can teach yourself to draw, and doodle, and paint. but you can't teach yourself to be a professional. saying that is basically saying you know everything there is to know about art. now how wrong it that? very.

Art has no rules, and I never said I can teach myself to be a professional. Also, YOU JUST FUCKING SAID LATER IN YOUR QUOTE "I already taught myself how to draw and paint. I can teach myself."

umm I think this part is directed more towards ansel....because he's the one that said he was in 2 classes.

not, I already taught myself how to draw and paint. I can teach myself.

No actually it seems you've contradicted yourself, earlier in this exact post you said "but you can't teach yourself to be a professional. saying that is basically saying you know everything there is to know about art. now how wrong it that? very."

Maybe that's true, but at least I can take negative critisism to improve myself and my art.

take his fucking advice jesus he was trying to help you and you had to be all gay.

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:41:51

At 7/31/08 07:30 PM, Basicsunshine wrote:

I can read very well, I think I read that annoying monologue every time you posted it.
and once again, you think because you got into some program, you are better than any of us, and
thats simply ridiculous.

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:44:40

Thank you for this thread sunshine, the Art forum has never been so entertaining.

View my Deviantart

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:45:15

At 7/31/08 07:37 PM, MindChamber wrote:
At 7/31/08 07:32 PM, raveninskyprime wrote:
you dont know what you are talking about, but youre the one that added the retard not me..

and linking me to a couple of pages where 12 year olds that want to join in on what were are doing does not constitute being sefl centered. otherwise you would be guilty of that by adding a link to your art thread.

in fact if you read those links you would see most people said they, tried or gave it their best. these are kids that just want to be part of it.

not anywhere are these kids stating they know more are are better educated than we are.

Okay, sure. They are kids, and we use an environment where we stomp all over them? Where posters go onto their threads and leave lame remarks like "Fail" all over them?

I really hate to reference a rather popular person on the Art Forums, but I know UMREE loves leaving chastizing remarks on people's threads. I rather liked his landscape painting that he too had a link to in his sig for a while.

The point is it's okay to proud of something. Everyone that has posted something in here (and actually made it) has been proud of what they have done. I just don't see why basicsunshine is any different.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:46:46

At 7/31/08 07:45 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: The point is it's okay to proud of something. Everyone that has posted something in here (and actually made it) has been proud of what they have done. I just don't see why basicsunshine is any different.

Because nobody's as much of a little shit like she is.

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:48:58

At 7/31/08 07:45 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: The point is it's okay to proud of something. Everyone that has posted something in here (and actually made it) has been proud of what they have done. I just don't see why basicsunshine is any different.

It is okay to be proud of something, but shes not "proud" of her work. She's implying its better than anyone else's, theres not one user in this art forum that has claimed they are better than another user, people may think it sure, but common courtesy usually prevents people from saying it, we're all equal here sunshine, like it or not.

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:49:54

At 7/31/08 07:46 PM, peanutbutterclawk wrote:

Okay, but all of us can be pretty shitty at times. So she has the largest "shit ratio" on the forums, so what? That's like a fatman picking on another fatman because he's a whole 20 lbs lighter than the other guy.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:50:47

At 7/31/08 07:45 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: Okay, sure. They are kids, and we use an environment where we stomp all over them? Where posters go onto their threads and leave lame remarks like "Fail" all over them?

I really hate to reference a rather popular person on the Art Forums, but I know UMREE loves leaving chastizing remarks on people's threads. I rather liked his landscape painting that he too had a link to in his sig for a while.

lol I love it, you pointed fingers at umree and he's defending her like you were. whoops

anyways Umree is a twat. but he never once stated he was better than any of us, cause he knows he isnt. and I allow alot of those comments because for the most part the poster is being lazy..
but lazines isnt grounds for being self centered.

The point is it's okay to proud of something. Everyone that has posted something in here (and actually made it) has been proud of what they have done. I just don't see why basicsunshine is any different.

because she's more than proud, she's say that me, you and anyone else here that critques her works don't have a right to because she is taught by the best of the best, and she has stated many times we are lower level compared to her.. you think that's a healthy mentality for an art forum?

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:52:17

okay, whoever the idiot who responded second to my post needs to stop. that post wasn't directed at you, smart cookie. it was directed at the two lessons guy.
I repeated myself for this person, because he asked. are you really that stupid? really? you obviously don't understand anything.
how sad...;___;
well. you took everything I said and twisted it too make it better for you. and I don't use flash, but for someone who says they've taught themselves art, you're not very good. and your story does matter, it's just not very impressive.
want me to spell things out for you? okay! drawing is art, idiot. did I say it wasn't? being an artist isn't about being a professional. did I say it was? but, if you want to be recognized in the real world, you have to learn. and your obviously against that.

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:52:28

At 7/31/08 07:49 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: Okay, but all of us can be pretty shitty at times. So she has the largest "shit ratio" on the forums, so what? That's like a fatman picking on another fatman because he's a whole 20 lbs lighter than the other guy.

That was a horrible metaphor for this situation. I really fail to understand why you don't understand that she's an awful person.

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:54:25

At 7/31/08 07:50 PM, MindChamber wrote:
At 7/31/08 07:45 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: Okay, sure. They are kids, and we use an environment where we stomp all over them? Where posters go onto their threads and leave lame remarks like "Fail" all over them?

lol I love it, you pointed fingers at umree and he's defending her like you were. whoops

anyways Umree is a twat. but he never once stated he was better than any of us, cause he knows he isnt. and I allow alot of those comments because for the most part the poster is being lazy..
but lazines isnt grounds for being self centered.

because she's more than proud, she's say that me, you and anyone else here that critques her works don't have a right to because she is taught by the best of the best, and she has stated many times we are lower level compared to her.. you think that's a healthy mentality for an art forum?

Answere: Of course not. What I'm saying is leave the crits, and she bashes back then that's her business.

As was my life in the Army, you can either do the workout... or cheat yourself. Of course if you cheat yourself then you don't get stronger.

Let her cheat herself. Leave the crit, she'll wanna bash it but we leave it at that.

On a side note I don't care what UMREE said previously. I'm not on "his side," I just came here today and observed what I observed.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:54:48

At 7/31/08 07:49 PM, raveninskyprime wrote:
At 7/31/08 07:46 PM, peanutbutterclawk wrote:
Okay, but all of us can be pretty shitty at times. So she has the largest "shit ratio" on the forums, so what? That's like a fatman picking on another fatman because he's a whole 20 lbs lighter than the other guy.

shes dismissive and demeaning.

here are some of my favorite sunshine quotes:

"as for the kids? I don't have compassion for kids who come on forums to learn how to draw. that's just stupid."

"and yes, you are here to amuse me. this site is here to amuse me."

"you guys on here aren't special or anything."

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:58:10

Answere: Of course not. What I'm saying is leave the crits, and she bashes back then that's her business.

As was my life in the Army, you can either do the workout... or cheat yourself. Of course if you cheat yourself then you don't get stronger.

Let her cheat herself. Leave the crit, she'll wanna bash it but we leave it at that.

On a side note I don't care what UMREE said previously. I'm not on "his side," I just came here today and observed what I observed.

cheat myself, eh? why do I have to keep repeating myself? I know how to take critiques. but I don't take critiques from people who don't know what they're talking about. that's just stupid and pointless.
by the way, love the sig MC ;3

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:58:34

At 7/31/08 07:52 PM, Basicsunshine wrote: okay, whoever the idiot who responded second to my post needs to stop. that post wasn't directed at you, smart cookie. it was directed at the two lessons guy.
I repeated myself for this person, because he asked. are you really that stupid? really? you obviously don't understand anything.
how sad...;___;
well. you took everything I said and twisted it too make it better for you. and I don't use flash, but for someone who says they've taught themselves art, you're not very good. and your story does matter, it's just not very impressive.

first of all I twisted none of your words. Second, I never said I taught myself art.

want me to spell things out for you? okay! drawing is art, idiot. did I say it wasn't? being an artist isn't about being a professional. did I say it was? but, if you want to be recognized in the real world, you have to learn. and your obviously against that.

What are you even talking about? You talk out of your ass and ramble so much! Good god! These things you're saying have nothing to do with anything and you're saying the same thing over and over!

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 19:59:49

At 7/31/08 07:58 PM, peanutbutterclawk wrote:

What are you even talking about? You talk out of your ass and ramble so much! Good god! These things you're saying have nothing to do with anything and you're saying the same thing over and over!

I'm not talking to you, you ass! I was talking to the A guy. way to be.

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 20:04:51

At 7/31/08 07:54 PM, raveninskyprime wrote:

in the army, you are doing a service as well as getting paid, its its a harsher atmosphere than say the art forums. when people here take the professional route they will see what its all about, basicshitstain included, she isnt a professional so she really is speaking out of her ass,

But this isnt a professional enviorment , this is a learning one, sure, dipshits like umree like to spoil the fun with the usual "you fail" posts, but in the long run we don't really mean it and its reallyonly aimed at the lazy ones.

she means every word, and it puts a nasty cloud on the forums. personally I dont want it.

and if she doesnt want us to give critiques because we arent qualified to do so, and we cant give praise cause shes so "tired of all that from deviantart" then she should split..

or better yet upload her nonsense over at originalconcepts.org (?) or eatpoo.com these are places where professionals work, not students, hobbyist or teachers, working professionals.

if we are not at her level, thats where she can go

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 20:06:31

At 7/31/08 07:58 PM, Basicsunshine wrote: I know how to take critiques. but I don't take critiques from people who don't know what they're talking about. that's just stupid and pointless.

then why don't you go somewhere where there are people more qualified.

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 20:13:24

At 7/31/08 07:59 PM, Basicsunshine wrote:
At 7/31/08 07:58 PM, peanutbutterclawk wrote:

I'm not talking to you, you ass! I was talking to the A guy. way to be.

well the first time you responded to ansel you quoted me. Then the second time you started off with something refering to me. I don't know how it went but it was pretty negative. So pardon me for thinking you were talking to me princess.

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

BBS Signature

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 20:25:14

"as for the kids? I don't have compassion for kids who come on forums to learn how to draw. that's just stupid."

wow you decide what this site is about? It was made to show off a 13 year olds work you stupid cunt, you couldn't of picked the a better statement to piss me off, I know a 12 year old on ng thats better than you so fuck off.

Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-07-31 20:30:38

How bout we all just fuck off eachother and post some fucking art! BASIC POST MORE ART

Your one of my fave artists on the forum but your becoming so full of yourself

Check out my Art Forum!!!

BBS Signature