00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Grlmc just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animation Challenge Week 3

2,808 Views | 52 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-09 23:47:16

Hello Newgrounders,

It's time for another weekly challenge! This week will be a bit different and follow up more aspects rather than last week's work. To clear things up this whole contest is sponsored by SpamTheWeb.com. Every artist has a chance at a big whopping prize at the end of the week. Read rules for further details.

Let's make some speculations first though.
24FPS
DEFAULT DIMENSIONS. (550*400)
Rename all movie clips/tweens/symbols with a unique name.

Other Rules are listed as followed:

Rules:

1. For every 2 entries done to satisfaction quality, $2 is added, so even if there are only 2 entries added, money will be available :) See rule 7 and 9 also. Basically each person is worth one dollar each. :)

2. The parts must be the right frame size / fps / Timer length / and any other thing stated in the specific thread.

3. ALL of the parts will be submitted to various flash sites including this one if 10 submissions are made!

4. ONLY one submittion from each person counts, although you can submit more than once.

5. There is only one winner, the winner will receive the amount of money specified BY PAYPAL ONLY!

6. Winners will be chosen by YOU, the people! See later rules for more information.

7. NO Clocks / Any other crap / SPRITES. If it is total crap then i will not count it as a submission.

8. Remember that this is for animation practice as much as anything so it doesn't have to be perfect, unless your serious about getting the winnings ;).

9. There will be a maximum of $50.00 granted to the winner.

10. If there is tie, The cash prize will simply be split in half to the top two winners.

-----------
Note: After completing the full week's submissions, Send me your .fla files, so I can compile them within a folder and soon create a .swf compilation of the work for a submission to be featured on Newgrounds and SpamTheWeb.

Also, remember that each animator is worth two dollars. So let's say for example, if we have fifteen animators, the top prize will be $30.00. $50.00 Limit Maximum.
-----------
Key of Winning:
To win, you have to simply be voted for the most. When the submission of the complied work hits Newgrounds, Voters will vote for their favorite work via PM or within Reviews. In conclusion to the deadline of votes, We will present the Cash Prize Via PAYPAL ONLY, and you'll receive your earnings.

There are following up rules to the voting round as well:
- Do not mass vote/review.
- Any suspicion of mass voting will result to a disqualification from the whole contest.
- You can not vote for yourself nor can you vote at all. The authors will not be eligible to vote for the winners. They have to sit back and watch the show. :)
-----------
Co-Authors
Co-Authoring will be accepted when the contest is over. After the week is ended, the flash will be submitted and I'll co-author the top 8 animators. Since number one slot is taken by the SpamTheWeb Newgrounds account.
-----------
Due to the lack of entries of last week, The winners will be compiled within the weekly submission for this week which will involve Week 1 and Week 2's entries as well. Than we'll hold the voting than since there will be categories.

The whole contest is basically simple. Just follow the rules and guidelines and you should be fine. Thank you for your time, and hopefully this will be a fun week.

Any questions?
PM Rudy or SweetSkater.

Thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-09 23:50:15

This week's key goal is to: Complete a full Explosion cycle animation.

There are no limits. You can have a guy exploding, or just an explosion in general. Just fit the speculations and you should be good.

Thanks !

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-09 23:56:20

At 3/9/08 11:51 PM, hashbrown wrote: i need to work on explosions, but dont have time :O, ill have to do it next weekend.

Well, luckily the contest ends on the following up week. So you have until this Sunday late at night to complete this. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-09 23:58:37

I'm pretty sure I'll give this a try. I need a bit of practice with animating.

:D I don't think ill be doing typical explosions though.

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 00:01:50

At 3/9/08 11:47 PM, Rudy wrote: Also, remember that each animator is worth two dollars. So let's say for example, if we have fifteen animators, the top prize will be $30.00. $50.00 Limit Maximum.

Regardless of what this says, Each Animator is worth ONE DOLLAR. Damnit, I need to remember to change that.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Third times a charm ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 01:02:29

I really need improvement on my animation... but my question was, while people are voting will the authors name be anonymous so noone can just vote for someone they know?

Even though I suck, I'll give it a shot, no one was a professional in the begginning right?

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 01:18:37

At 3/10/08 01:02 AM, DawnOfDusk wrote: I really need improvement on my animation... but my question was, while people are voting will the authors name be anonymous so noone can just vote for someone they know?

No, in the corner will present the name of the artist whom completed each piece. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 02:15:18

So that means the winner could almost win entirely off of fan votes?

Just thinking...

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 07:20:16

At 3/10/08 02:15 AM, DawnOfDusk wrote: So that means the winner could almost win entirely off of fan votes?

Just thinking...

If it is a ridiculous number of votes for a shitty part then it's just not gonna happen is it :P. If i think cheating is involved, me Rudy and some other trustworthy advocates will decide on the winner (let's hope no-one will cheat... nah its not gonna happen ;D)

ONE MORE THING EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO
Everyone needs to post their finished .SWF link in the Spamtheweb thread by uploading to Spamtheweb uploader ,registering, then posting. It only takes 5 minutes and will save you time in future weeklies anyway and future uploader updates, ;).

So do that, also if you want to show me some parts or any problems you can also msn me at willaugust@hotmail.co.uk.

tl;dr? register at stw forums, post uploaded swf.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 20:30:11

At 3/10/08 07:20 AM, SweetSkater wrote: So do that, also if you want to show me some parts or any problems you can also msn me at willaugust@hotmail.co.uk.

tl;dr? register at stw forums, post uploaded swf.

ehhhh, that may make people not want to go through the hassle of signing up but oh well. Let's get working people !

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 20:46:07

I'm in! :)

Any word on when last week's challenge is being shown?

GS

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 20:48:53

At 3/10/08 08:46 PM, Greensinge wrote: Any word on when last week's challenge is being shown?

This weekend with the animations from Week 1 and this week.

So it'll include three sets of animations. It'll also include a tutorial on how each week took place. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 20:49:56

At 3/10/08 08:46 PM, Greensinge wrote: I'm in! :)

Any word on when last week's challenge is being shown?

GS

Sorry, I just realised you already said in the other thread your compiling them for this week's submission!

Here's a new question though...

I entered Animation Challenge Week 1, the jumping challenge, but I didn't even realise there was a challenge week 2!! Where was the thread??

Thx

GS

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 20:57:53

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 20:59:17

At 3/10/08 08:49 PM, Greensinge wrote: Here's a new question though...

I entered Animation Challenge Week 1, the jumping challenge, but I didn't even realize there was a challenge week 2!! Where was the thread??

Week 1 of the NG BBS took place last week, but I didn't quite know over at SpamTheWeb they were competing in the same exact contest and animation challenge during the same at Newgrounds. Since it was the same category and same aspect, SweetSkater and I just conjoined the contests.

Furthermore, making our week 2 into week 3 due to SpamTheWeb already having a week 1 which was a walk cycle. So we were just pushed up a number. :P

Sorry about that.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-10 21:02:12

Ah, now I understand! I should pay more attention :P

Quite dissapointed I missed the first week's challenge tho :(

Hopefully I might be able to make up for it with this one!

GS

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-11 01:49:25

At 3/10/08 08:57 PM, Decade wrote: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/100308/6 8207_explosion.php not the cleanest but w/e
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/100308/6 8247_explosion.fla

I liked it! Keep it up!

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-11 14:33:11

bump for the day. Any updates?

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-11 15:29:48

Who the hell is rudy will. I though I was your only friend.

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-11 16:20:55

At 3/11/08 03:29 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Who the hell is rudy will. I though I was your only friend.

Do the weekly and you may find out.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-11 16:24:42

At 3/11/08 04:20 PM, SweetSkater wrote:
At 3/11/08 03:29 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Who the hell is rudy will. I though I was your only friend.
Do the weekly and you may find out.

Yeah, no need to get all hostile and cursing :]

I'm helping organize the whole contest.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-12 14:35:08

Bump for the day.

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-12 14:37:15

Can we do it using Actionscript...?

They used to call me souled...

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-12 16:11:07

At 3/12/08 02:37 PM, souled wrote: Can we do it using Actionscript...?

Hmmm good question.. but i reckon thats slightly unfair tbh..

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-12 16:43:11

At 3/12/08 04:11 PM, adman1993 wrote:
At 3/12/08 02:37 PM, souled wrote: Can we do it using Actionscript...?
Hmmm good question.. but i reckon thats slightly unfair tbh..

Unfair, you say?
Actually, making a decent looking explosion in AS is about as hard as fbf-ing one, it just happens to require a different set of abilities.

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-12 17:00:04

At 3/12/08 04:43 PM, DarkRedemption wrote: Unfair, you say?
Actually, making a decent looking explosion in AS is about as hard as fbf-ing one, it just happens to require a different set of abilities.

Oh ok then touche!

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-12 18:23:47

Errr, you can't really do it in actionscript because it is an "animation" weekly. Sorry guys :P

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-12 22:21:48

let me in this shit!

Animation Challenge Week 3

-------------------------------

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-13 15:03:15

At 3/12/08 10:21 PM, TheTriangle wrote: let me in this shit!

Okay ! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Challenge Week 3 2008-03-13 16:14:37

Meh

They used to call me souled...