New Topic Respond to this Topic
Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 4th, 2010 @ 04:48 PM Reply

Whoa, whoa, back the fuck up, here, hang on. Just hold on a minute, knux. If you go, and if Twone doesn't show back up.................that leaves..............me.............AND NOBODY WANTS ME LEADING ANYONE. I ain't good leading material. So just wait. This crew's just going through a rough patch, that's all. Those of us who are here, we wouldn't BE here if we weren't Sonic fans to begin with. It's just that the new Sonic Team has, like Heatnix said, not taken their own namesake as seriously as they should, and then everybody loses. We aren't complaining about Sonic, we are about the Team he's stuck with. Whenever a Sonic game actually made by this Sonic Team comes out, skepticism has become justified at this point. However, yes, nobody should jump the gun completely until the game is actually out.........it's just hard not to given this Sonic Team,s track record.

(And Agg, that last comment, sarcastic or not, is NOT HELPING.)

Sonic 4 is actually looking good enough so far. A little bit on the rehash side, but still good. Colors, however, I have that sinking feeling......but again, I can't say very much until more info is available.

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 12:03 AM Reply

Hahaha, Swackman.
This place is pretty dead.

it's better to just let it go, go to TSS or the Sega BBS I frequent now.
They're both a lot more lively.

I'd also just like to laugh at the "3 types of fans". I see two based on your list, thee "nostalgia-fag" and the optimists.

Realists, my ass, what you described is just being a bitch about everything.
It's really not an accurate call to include that as "Sonic fans" Aggressive. In fact, what's the opposite of fans?

Haters?

There we go!

Consider this my last post here. If you want to discuss, debate, whine over anything to me, send a PM.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 12:44 AM Reply

Ok, I was gone for a while and once I return, I see the whole place has gone to shit. Like Knux, I thought this would be a place to discuss Sonic and talk about his games educatively without no biased opinions or retards who follow what everyone else said. The Video Games forum was what brought me here, and for the time being, I was a happy and proud member. Now, the regulars don't come, idiots try to be funny, and people bash Sonic again without real reason. The only reason I wasn't here anymore was because of both outside life, and because no one would really try to start a topic. I would usually try but ended up being ignored and flushed by either the ridiculous posts made by "smart" people, or by some other news of a game that would be forgotten the next hour.

Also, I can't believe this all happened by a troll who actually succeeded.

Whether it's true or not. I consider Aggressive to be a troll

While I won't be leaving the crew, it has actually disappointed me truly and it's sad to where it has gone. Maybe someday it will regain it's former glory, but now is the whole "apocolyptic" stage. I will still be here though, so if anyone wants to talk Sonic, then lets.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature
Aggressive
Aggressive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 6/5/10 12:03 AM, knuxrouge wrote: Realists, my ass, what you described is just being a bitch about everything.

No, in fact what I described is those capable of enjoying the franchise despite it's numerous downfalls, but if you want to keep up your award winning dramatic performance than please do go ahead.

Consider this my last post here. If you want to discuss, debate, whine over anything to me, send a PM.

Congratulations on fulfilling every stereotype typically applied to Sonic fans. You've proved that you cannot hold an adult conversation and will defend the franchise to the death. I don't need to contact you by PM, because I know you'll read this.

I love this place. I make a post to sate 5 minutes of boredom and it has done much more than that.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 02:47 AM Reply

At 6/5/10 12:44 AM, dmansland wrote: Whether it's true or not. I consider Aggressive to be a troll

If he were a troll, he would just be outright saying "Sonic SUX!!!11" and that is far from what he's doing.

I'm sorry, but I just have to side with Agg here. Both you and knux are hopeless fanboys who won't accept that Sonic doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Granted, if a Sonic game comes out and is actually good, that's fine. But you will notice, nobody has any mid-to-low expectations for Sonic 4 or Colors. Nobody, save 11-year-old retards. And don't give me any shit about "fans don't know what they want" this is the truth.

dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 03:01 AM Reply

At 6/5/10 02:47 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/5/10 12:44 AM, dmansland wrote: Whether it's true or not. I consider Aggressive to be a troll
If he were a troll, he would just be outright saying "Sonic SUX!!!11" and that is far from what he's doing.

Pretty much what I see, but what do I know.

I'm sorry, but I just have to side with Agg here. Both you and knux are hopeless fanboys who won't accept that Sonic doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Hopeless, no. I've never set my expectations high for any game. Granted I have been disappointed with past games thanks to listening to "excellent reviews" but that's about it. I've always been optimistic about the games I play and if I enjoy them somewhat, then I am satisfied. Sonic has satisfied me but this is just from Unleashed and the Rush series at this point in time. I haven't bought any new ones recently yet I eagerly await Sonic 4, just because Sonic hasn't compltely crushed me. Shadow, I enjoyed. 06, while the glitches and frame rate issues were intolerable at times, I did enjoy somewhat. I loved Unleashed. Now, from what I've said so far, I bet you think I'm just a blind Sonic fanboy, but I just play games and I don't complain with the little things. If it's good, it's good. If not, move on.

Granted, if a Sonic game comes out and is actually good, that's fine. But you will notice, nobody has any mid-to-low expectations for Sonic 4 or Colors. Nobody, save 11-year-old retards. And don't give me any shit about "fans don't know what they want" this is the truth.

Now, I don't know how the fanbase is reacting over Sonic 4 and Colors, just that Sonic 4 had people bitching over Sonic's eye color. All I know is the fans do know what they want, they just get so upset about the smallest things that it prevents them from enjoying the games. Since I started Sonic late, I never knew how big and amazing Sonic games actually were. Back then, it seems Sonic was almost flawless, and once the series started slipping, the fanbase might have just cracked and lost it. The way I see it, they still believe Sonic Adventure is brand new and that the games should only get better, but once a game didn't meet that expectation, they set it aside until eventually they have to complain about the smallest things just because they feel betrayed about how low Sonic has stepped today in their eyes. To me, Sonic is fine and is improving a little bit, but the fans seem to want the series to regain it's former glory overnight, which may explan their pickiness about the slightest details. I feel like I'm rambling now so I'll just stop it at this.

BBS Signature
Aggressive
Aggressive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 05:03 AM Reply

Really, a troll? I did not realize simply offering my opinion as a fellow sonic fan could label me a troll.

Hopeless, no. I've never set my expectations high for any game. Granted I have been disappointed with past games thanks to listening to "excellent reviews" but that's about it. I've always been optimistic about the games I play and if I enjoy them somewhat, then I am satisfied. Sonic has satisfied me but this is just from Unleashed and the Rush series at this point in time. I haven't bought any new ones recently yet I eagerly await Sonic 4, just because Sonic hasn't compltely crushed me. Shadow, I enjoyed. 06, while the glitches and frame rate issues were intolerable at times, I did enjoy somewhat. I loved Unleashed. Now, from what I've said so far, I bet you think I'm just a blind Sonic fanboy, but I just play games and I don't complain with the little things. If it's good, it's good. If not, move on.

I think you forget my time in this crew. I've defended games that people have hated before. I can still sit there and enjoy a Sonic game despite some significant flaws. My choice to stay away from pre-release information means that when a game is released, I don't know what to expect and there's a significantly higher chance I'll enjoy it. The main issue I'm raising here is that i no longer believe the pre-release promises made by Sonic Team, being a loyal fan for this long allows me to make this judgement as I have seen it all before.

To me, Sonic is fine and is improving a little bit, but the fans seem to want the series to regain it's former glory overnight, which may explan their pickiness about the slightest details. I feel like I'm rambling now so I'll just stop it at this.

What you're talking about here is most certainly not the category of people I fall in to. That's the nostalgia-fags I mentioned, the ones that essentially want Sonic to return to his 2D days, an unrealistic belief, which is why they're complaining over such insignificant details like Sonic's eye color in Sonic 4. The game as a whole looks really enjoyable, and I will be buying it. You could even say I'm looking forward to it. What I came here to point out was that this title, is not a reinvention of the series. So to put this in the simplest way I could. I have a problem with Sonic Team, not the games they produce.

You'd swear I'd come in here and insulted you all for liking Sonic. In my opinion this is exactly the kind of conversation that should be happening within this crew. People offering differing opinions on games, talking about how excited they are and getting feedback from other fans. But if you'd prefer forums populated by the mindless pre-teens who think Sonic Team can do no wrong and that noticing the negatives to a franchise are not as important as praising the positives, then go nuts. You're just as bad as them.

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 10:39 AM Reply

I think my absence from this thread has lead me to a lot of reading.

I wish everyone the best as far as who is "leaving." I am very scarce here and on Newgrounds in general. I don't think this is a crew that you should necessarily have to "join" anymore. In fact, it's so hard to actually have a good discussion about the topic at hand (no matter what thread you're in, really) that it takes away from the experience.

I, for one, do not buy many of the new Sonic games. Mostly because money is tight. Partially because I know that Sega releases a game every year and doesn't put enough time into it. But I have hope for our blue friend. I try to catch up on goings-on in the Sonic world to keep up what I missed out on. I compare it to older and newer games I've played, and notice what's the same and what's different. Hopefully if it looks good I'll buy it. But other than that, I have a hard time connecting with Sonic fans because I do not buy and play many of the games anymore.

This does not mean I am "leaving." If you think about it, you could say I "left" a very long time ago. I don't see why anyone should "leave" a crew here. It's a message board. You come, you talk about it, you don't come back for a while. I don't think "leaving" a thread will accomplish anything in a discussion; I think if there isn't something you want to talk about, don't. It might seem like I am attacking you guys, but I'm not. This is just how I see things and how this should be run. And I don't think this club really needs a "leader," do you? It kind of just adds a nonexistent hierarchy to the place and it's a little unnecessary. Nobody really needs to enforce the rules because you guys know them. I think the crew should make unanimous decisions about rules and who should be allowed to post, and blah blah blah blah. I think we should just run everything by ourselves and decide by ourselves.

This has been my longest post in a long time. Choose to listen or ignore. I may be prattling on, but... whatevs! :)

BBS Signature
Aggressive
Aggressive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 10:39 AM, Twone wrote: I wish everyone the best as far as who is "leaving." I am very scarce here and on Newgrounds in general. I don't think this is a crew that you should necessarily have to "join" anymore. In fact, it's so hard to actually have a good discussion about the topic at hand (no matter what thread you're in, really) that it takes away from the experience.

I really couldn't agree with you more. I think by denying many lower post count users this crew has sealed it's own fate of a slow, drawn out death. New users means new views and opinions, ultimately more things to talk about.

And I don't think this club really needs a "leader," do you? It kind of just adds a nonexistent hierarchy to the place and it's a little unnecessary. Nobody really needs to enforce the rules because you guys know them. I think the crew should make unanimous decisions about rules and who should be allowed to post, and blah blah blah blah. I think we should just run everything by ourselves and decide by ourselves.

Words of truth. There really is no need for a leader, ultimately they have no power over how this crew is run. Veterans are another useless addition. Whilst it was nice to be recognized as a long time poster in this crew, the title was ultimately unachievable beyond the original batch. It also served to do nothing but over-ride the opinion of users without the title.

This post actually rekindled some hope in this crew for me. If there's anyone left here that actually wants to see it live on, then I think these suggestions need to be taken on board. Hell, I might even stick around for a few posts if conversation picked up.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 6/4/10 01:52 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I was reading Sonic the Comic the other day, and.....oh dear.

Whoa! No one responded to this? Are the creators of the comic stating that Tails is going to assassinate Dr. Robotnik to stop him from messing up the world? Are they parodying the Kennedy Assassination?

How did shit not fly when this was released?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 12:35 PM, puddinN64 wrote: How did shit not fly when this was released?

Well, the first thing is that this is a comic based in the UK. So not quite as controversial as it would be in America. Second, although the first thing that comes to mind is the JFK assassination, it's actually a parody of a Twilight Zone episode where somebody goes back in time to assassinate Hitler to prevent WW2.

Still, wow.

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 12:35 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Whoa! No one responded to this? Are the creators of the comic stating that Tails is going to assassinate Dr. Robotnik to stop him from messing up the world? Are they parodying the Kennedy Assassination?

Yeah, I saw it, I was kinda shocked.

How did shit not fly when this was released?

Probably because nobody reads it. XD

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 06:59 PM Reply

Also, speaking of comics...

dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 8th, 2010 @ 02:16 AM Reply

Nice finds Blaze. Also, why the absence?

PS. Sorry Aggressive. Guess seeing Knux act like that got to me and I have to defend him. My apologies.

BBS Signature
Aggressive
Aggressive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 8th, 2010 @ 02:48 AM Reply

At 6/8/10 02:16 AM, dmansland wrote: PS. Sorry Aggressive. Guess seeing Knux act like that got to me and I have to defend him. My apologies.

No need to apologize man, I didn't take offense.

What does everyone think about Sonic 4 being downloadable content as opposed to, well a game on a disk or cart? It presents a problem for me, since I love achievement whoring on the Xbox 360 but the iPhone version will have exclusive levels, and it's portable.

Knowing me, I'll probably end up with both.

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 8th, 2010 @ 03:05 AM Reply

At 6/8/10 02:48 AM, Aggressive wrote:
At 6/8/10 02:16 AM, dmansland wrote: PS. Sorry Aggressive. Guess seeing Knux act like that got to me and I have to defend him. My apologies.
No need to apologize man, I didn't take offense.

Cool.

What does everyone think about Sonic 4 being downloadable content as opposed to, well a game on a disk or cart? It presents a problem for me, since I love achievement whoring on the Xbox 360 but the iPhone version will have exclusive levels, and it's portable.

Don't matter to me whether it be on disk or DLC. Just sucks I can't use it as a present for my cousin though. She really loves Sonic and I was hoping to give it to her as a very late Birthday/early Christmas present. I have no iPhone and no real need for one, so I'm sticking to the PS3 version. I might get it on Wii too just for the fuck of it.

Knowing me, I'll probably end up with both.

If you can afford it.

BBS Signature
Aggressive
Aggressive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 8th, 2010 @ 04:42 AM Reply

At 6/8/10 03:05 AM, dmansland wrote:
If you can afford it.

That's why I'm curious as to the downloadable content move. It implies it will be a lot cheaper than a full blown video game on a disk. I'd like to see it released at the Xbox live standard price for Arcade games, but I'm thinking that may be a bit too hopeful.

BBS Signature
foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 8th, 2010 @ 02:48 PM Reply

I have no idea whats going on.

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 8th, 2010 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 6/8/10 02:48 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: I have no idea whats going on.

Sonic 2 just came out!

BBS Signature
foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 8th, 2010 @ 03:15 PM Reply

Is that what the fun is about.

noone98
noone98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 10:37 PM Reply

Hey,can i join?I've been a big sonic fan for a while now,i just don't know much about the older sonic games.

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 10:37 PM, noone98 wrote: Hey,can i join?I've been a big sonic fan for a while now,i just don't know much about the older sonic games.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Genesis-Sega-w-6-gam es-1-FREE-SHIPPING-/330439951873?cmd=Vie wItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item4cefc18601

Invest in one of these.

BBS Signature
noone98
noone98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 11:50 PM Reply

Acctualy,i already have a Genisis,i just don't have any sonic games exept sonic pinball.I'd buy the games but i don't have any money right now....well thats a lie,but my money is all in coins and i don't have time to goto a coin star or somthing like that.So sorry :(

dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 12:32 AM Reply

At 6/10/10 11:50 PM, noone98 wrote: Acctualy,i already have a Genisis,i just don't have any sonic games exept sonic pinball.I'd buy the games but i don't have any money right now....well thats a lie,but my money is all in coins and i don't have time to goto a coin star or somthing like that.So sorry :(

Then buy one of the collections. It's just 10-40 now so I'm sure you can afford. It is on many systems as well so you can find it.

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 01:52 AM Reply

At 6/10/10 11:50 PM, noone98 wrote: Acctualy,i already have a Genisis,i just don't have any sonic games exept sonic pinball.I'd buy the games but i don't have any money right now....well thats a lie,but my money is all in coins and i don't have time to goto a coin star or somthing like that.So sorry :(

Well, the coin machine at the bank is free if you have an account. You gots one of those, right?

And compilation games are all over. Sonic Genesis collection for 360 shouldn't be too expensive anymore. I only bought it for 35 bucks new, and that was a year ago.

BBS Signature
noone98
noone98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 11:20 AM Reply

thanks for the tips.i'll be sure to see what i can do.

Aggressive
Aggressive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 12th, 2010 @ 01:34 AM Reply

So rumor has it Sonic Adventure is coming to Xbox Live and PSN. Apparently it will be the Gamecube version of the game, complete with achievements/trophies.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/660 7/sonic-adventure-coming-to-xbox-live-ar cade

Discuss.

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 12th, 2010 @ 02:03 AM Reply

At 6/12/10 01:34 AM, Aggressive wrote: So rumor has it Sonic Adventure is coming to Xbox Live and PSN. Apparently it will be the Gamecube version of the game, complete with achievements/trophies.

:)

I never played the first Sonic Adventure, actually.

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 12th, 2010 @ 02:05 AM Reply

At 6/12/10 01:34 AM, Aggressive wrote: So rumor has it Sonic Adventure is coming to Xbox Live and PSN. Apparently it will be the Gamecube version of the game, complete with achievements/trophies.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/660 7/sonic-adventure-coming-to-xbox-live-ar cade

Discuss.

Doesn't the Gamecube version have bad camera angles? Don't see why they don't just use the Dreamcast version instead. Besides, bring out Sonic 4 before working on anything else.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 12th, 2010 @ 02:53 AM Reply

At 6/12/10 02:05 AM, dmansland wrote: Doesn't the Gamecube version have bad camera angles?

The camera is the same as the DC version.

Don't see why they don't just use the Dreamcast version instead.

The only difference is that the GC version has new character models, and a mission mode. Can't think of any other differences.

Besides, bring out Sonic 4 before working on anything else.

They're not really "Working" on it, it's just a port.

I have also come here to announce that SonicRetro, a website that houses all of the old school Sonic fans, has their own TF2 server now. Tweaker goes there and everything, and it's a relatively fun no-rules-except-no-cheating pub server, with a few mods thrown in like slo-mo. Not for a serious TF2 experience, but it's still a good place to meet some of the members, like Tweaker.

There's also a project you may or may not know about called Sonic 2 HD. It's exactly what it sounds like, the original Sonic 2 updated to modern standards of graphics and sound, as well as some extras like online multiplayer and a few extra zones, one of them confirmed to be Hidden Palace. Several Sonic 2 tracks have been remade already, such as Metropolis Zone. Finally, this may not interest you, but the engine is completed (I think) and an old tech demo is up for grabs here.