At 5/17/09 08:28 PM, Twone wrote:
Or we could just discuss it right here...
And I'm doing a top 5. I'm not stealing, I swear. This is my original idea. Knuxrouge and Firefoxrocks stole it from me. I THOUGHT OF IT.
Well, no one here even remembers me and I don't remember you either, so all patents on the idea are no-holds barred for me.
5. Sonic Unleashed. Now, I know what your thinking, but let's face it. It has some of the BEST LOOKING fast-moving Sonic gameplay yet. Even if the game is focused more on being a retarded werewolf, SEGA has given me a taste of what a Next-gen Sonic should really look like through the Day levels of this game. And the song "Endless Possibilities" has been stuck in my mind for awhile, probably my 3rd favorite 3D Sonic game song.
4. Sonic The Hedgehog 3. This was the last of the "classic" Sonics my brother had that I played. I enjoy the music from Iceopolis the most, and the level designs are beautiful. I don't really think I need to elaborate on how amazing this game truly is and was.
3. Sonic The Hedgehog 2. It was the first Sonic game I ever played, with my brother. Its kind of funny because he used to make me play as Tails and I would fight to keep up with Sonic all the time. I remembered wanting to get the "Super Tails" powerup or the "Speed Shoes" powerup (never realized I couldn't of course) and race him when after he got all 7 chaos emeralds. Its got some childhood memories behind it back on the old SEGA Genesis.
2. Sonic Adventure 2. RUNNIN' AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND!!! Ha-ha! This game has some childhood memories too, you know. It was of course my SECOND 3-D Sonic game and I had the SA2: Battle version for Gamecube with slightly improved bugs. I loved just about every song for every one of Sonic's stages that had words to it, and the Missile Launch base where he rides on the rocket was oodles of fun. And let's not forget the last two levels which were just epic. It took me FOREVER to beat the Biolizard, so much that I nearly cried until I looked up how to beat his third attack phase online. Then I managed to beat the "Perfect Form" on my first try, without getting hit once. Then I danced in my room and proudly sang the lyrics of the ending song "Live and Learn". That was a good day for me.
1. Sonic Adventure DX (I just happened to be a late generation fan.). E-102 Gamma, Amy Rose, Knuckles. All of those interesting, diverging story modes. The intro. The speed. The level deisng. Oh my god, I can't describe how many amazing things I first experienced with this game. I never beat the DX one I had because I never bought it, I only had it as a rental. But I fell in love with the Casino stage: For those who have gotten thus far, the NiGHTS reference is priceless when you actually GO INTO Nightopia and Sonic flies past Nights. OPEN YOUR HEAAART!!!