00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

amelia-squealia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ctsg Collab

101,353 Views | 2,149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-11 18:04:36

At 9/11/08 05:20 PM, Rig wrote:
At 9/11/08 11:04 AM, Whirlguy wrote: I believe you were working on a menu song, weren't you Rig?
Yeah, it's http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 65416 , remember? :)

Whoops, I meant credits song ;)

The only problem I see right now, is that the uncut version of the CTSG has to be mastered. Towards the ending it all gets too loud and screws up in flash when it reaches my song ):
Oooooh, THAT'S what you were talking about. I'll work on it!

Allllright =D

Ok, so Night-Mare wants to do the credits. Any updates on that?

Oh he does now? lol ok.
No updates on that:P
Any updates on the preloader he was making though?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-11 20:37:50

At 9/11/08 06:04 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 9/11/08 05:20 PM, Rig wrote: Ok, so Night-Mare wants to do the credits. Any updates on that?
Oh he does now? lol ok.

Good point. Let's hope he gives us something to look at...

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-12 03:14:30

At 9/11/08 08:37 PM, Rig wrote:
At 9/11/08 06:04 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 9/11/08 05:20 PM, Rig wrote: Ok, so Night-Mare wants to do the credits. Any updates on that?
Oh he does now? lol ok.
Good point. Let's hope he gives us something to look at...

Hey, if he hasn't done the preloader yet, i'd be more than happy to!
But I'm not going to be disappointed if he has or anything.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-12 04:15:50

At 9/12/08 03:14 AM, xTOXICxEMPIRE wrote: But I'm not going to be disappointed if he has or anything.

Good.

I'm still very much alive.

If you guys want a different preloader or have any ideas other than the bricks smashing on the ground preloader, please say so! :D

Also, I need the credits song Rig >:C

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-12 09:18:46

Just in case you were going to do something special with the credits' background.. The background should be black. Oh and if the Preloader's done, can I have it? And can I maybe change the colors of the blocks a bit to something more appealing? :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-12 09:26:12

At 9/12/08 09:18 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Just in case you were going to do something special with the credits' background.. The background should be black. Oh and if the Preloader's done, can I have it? And can I maybe change the colors of the blocks a bit to something more appealing? :3

I had a vague idea what I was going to do with credits, I am waiting for Rig to PM me back with my idea. :D

With preloader you can do whatever you want, i'll PM you it.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-12 09:49:59

please please please send me a PM when this is finished.
My voting power is 14.40 in the flash portal now.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-12 09:52:50

At 9/12/08 09:49 AM, YoinK wrote: My voting power is 14.40 in the flash portal now.

Really now..?
Go vote 5 all my flashs kthx.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 05:23:48

Whoa, this is almost over, eh...

I just want you guys to know, I have loved working with all of you on this collab. I've learned heaps, and its shaped me a as an animator as well.
It's been absolutely EPIC.
<3

btw, I couldn't find an emote to represent how overly happy and sad I was at the same time.

So the amazed face will have to do. :P

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 05:26:05

CTSG IS AWESOME. :D

Seriously, we are so close to letting Quarl get his dick up again. :D

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 10:39:19

Hey Night-Mare, since you're still working on the preloader, would it be alright for WritersBlock to work on the credits? I think it'll get done a lot faster that way.

Unless you're like halfway done the credits or something.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 13:43:53

Once the CTSG is done, who will send it to newgrounds? This person will have to add everyone to his portal buddies.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 13:50:27

I'd love to make a menu for you guys if you need one, even if you already have a guy, i'll make one and if you like mine better, you can use it.

Since we already see the world in three dimensions, I started wearing 3-D glasses around so that I could see things in 6-D... The sixth dimension is blurry and discolored.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 13:51:22

At 9/14/08 01:43 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Once the CTSG is done, who will send it to newgrounds? This person will have to add everyone to his portal buddies.

Either the collab starter or the compiler. I'd be fine if you uploaded it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 14:23:45

At 9/14/08 01:50 PM, IcePyro wrote: I'd love to make a menu for you guys if you need one, even if you already have a guy, i'll make one and if you like mine better, you can use it.

Not to be cocky, but I doubt you'll make one better than the one we're finished with.

At 9/14/08 01:51 PM, Rig wrote:
At 9/14/08 01:43 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Once the CTSG is done, who will send it to newgrounds? This person will have to add everyone to his portal buddies.
Either the collab starter or the compiler. I'd be fine if you uploaded it.

It would be too much of an honour. You do it =D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 14:28:51

At 9/14/08 02:23 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Not to be cocky, but I doubt you'll make one better than the one we're finished with.

well, can i see the one you do have?

Since we already see the world in three dimensions, I started wearing 3-D glasses around so that I could see things in 6-D... The sixth dimension is blurry and discolored.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 17:49:44

At 9/14/08 02:28 PM, IcePyro wrote:
At 9/14/08 02:23 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Not to be cocky, but I doubt you'll make one better than the one we're finished with.
well, can i see the one you do have?

Alright.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 18:29:30

Awesome CTSG menu is awesome.

nobody can top that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 19:13:29

Agreed.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-14 22:16:46

At 9/14/08 02:23 PM, Whirlguy wrote: It would be too much of an honour. You do it =D

Lol ok :3

omg, my very first flash!

So about the credits...any answers? What's WritersBlock's incredible idea, anyways?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-15 02:40:07

At 9/14/08 10:16 PM, Rig wrote: omfg i get to submit ;D

CONGRATULATIONS. <3
Now you can post on frontpage if we get an award.
I still havn't won an award yet for something that I have submitted, only in collabs.

So about the credits...any answers? What's WritersBlock's incredible idea, anyways?

Preloader is finished, it was finished WAY back, i think before we started the menu.
I need the music before I can do credits, because i want to sync the credits to the music.
I would like to do the credits, but it's not really my choice to decide if I do it or not.
YOU GUYS CAN CHOOSE. <3

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-15 05:45:05

At 9/14/08 10:16 PM, Rig wrote:
At 9/14/08 02:23 PM, Whirlguy wrote: It would be too much of an honour. You do it =D
Lol ok :3
omg, my very first flash!

I didn't have an incredible idea at the time you said "hey what if WB does it?", but I've been talking to whirlguy about it, and I haven't shared my ideas with him yet, so I'll just say them here. I was the gatekeeper at work today, sitting in my little box, waiting for cars and thinking of what the credits could look like. And I've got a cool idea in my head: THE LOVEBLIMP!
No, not really, I joke ("oh that WritersBlock is so funny!). I've figured out something that might work, and look pretty cool to, a sort of "credits making" machine type thing. There'll be spinning cogs and maybe levers and flashing lights and a conveyor belt too. A stamper will stamp the words out onto the screen, and there might be a cool x-ray type screen that will change the font of the text if I can remember to mask it right. In essence it should look complicated but actually be pretty simple.
Anyway, I'll have more time to think it over tomorrow as I'm gatekeeping all day then too, but I could work on the credist wednesday to friday. If you don't want to wait that long, I'd be fine to see what Night-Mare would do, otherwise he could use my idea.

And I'd also like to see Rig submit the CTSG especially since he's been here pretty much in the front seat right from the start. And Night-Mare, Rig's already got front page posting abilities, ever since "Moving On" was best of the week quite a while back. ;D

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-15 06:00:04

At 9/15/08 05:45 AM, WritersBlock wrote: awesome idea

It's awesome, do it!

And I'd also like to see Rig submit the CTSG especially since he's been here pretty much in the front seat right from the start.

Agreed.

And Night-Mare, Rig's already got front page posting abilities, ever since "Moving On" was best of the week quite a while back. ;D

You can get frontpage abilities from audio?
AWESOME.
I want frontpage abilities :C

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-15 07:14:03

At 9/14/08 02:23 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 9/14/08 01:50 PM, IcePyro wrote: I'd love to make a menu for you guys if you need one, even if you already have a guy, i'll make one and if you like mine better, you can use it.
Not to be cocky, but I doubt you'll make one better than the one we're finished with.

Too true.

I can't wait 'til this is out.
And of course Rig should upload it. He came up with the awesome idea that started it all!
It's been a wild ride guys. Been heaps of fun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-15 13:44:16

To give you all an idea of how close we are, here is a list of things we must do before we can call this animation finished:
> Rig will master the full CTSG song. Right now it get's too loud towards the ending and starts making funny noises.
> I believe Rig also is still working on his song that will play in the credits.
> The credits will be made by WritersBlock.

After all this, I will compile and testview it, fixing glitches if any. Then I will send it to Rig, and we can all celebrate =D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-15 13:49:58

At 9/15/08 01:44 PM, Whirlguy wrote: To give you all an idea of how close we are, here is a list of things we must do before we can call this animation finished:
> Rig will master the full CTSG song. Right now it get's too loud towards the ending and starts making funny noises.
> I believe Rig also is still working on his song that will play in the credits.
> The credits will be made by WritersBlock.

Just a reminder - PLEASE make sure that the audio is in stereo when you send it over. This collab is all about the music, and having low-quality music really wouldn't work well for this thing. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-15 14:25:34

At 9/15/08 01:49 PM, Rig wrote: Just a reminder - PLEASE make sure that the audio is in stereo when you send it over. This collab is all about the music, and having low-quality music really wouldn't work well for this thing. :P

Thanks for reminding me! How silly of me!
Hey, and now that I switched it to stereo it seems my song at the end plays in much better quality. I don't think we'll have to master it afterall!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-15 16:29:20

Thanks for reminding me! How silly of me!
Hey, and now that I switched it to stereo it seems my song at the end plays in much better quality. I don't think we'll have to master it afterall!

AWESOME!!! =D

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-15 23:49:25

hay guise. I think I can begin to feel the blood returning to my dick...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-09-15 23:50:57

No wait... sorry. False alarm. It was just my hand :(

quarl BandCamp