00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blozeoff just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

958,068 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-30 15:14:18

Hey guys, I want some background drawing tips. Something is missing with my style, I am satisfied with it, but I just want to add a tad bit more detail to my pictures. So can you guys help me out? Any tips?

Art Forum Lounge

Animator for hire. Check out the stuff I have on the portal and the forums. If you like something, send me a message.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-30 15:18:56

At 12/30/10 03:14 PM, Xcyper33 wrote: Hey guys, I want some background drawing tips. Something is missing with my style, I am satisfied with it, but I just want to add a tad bit more detail to my pictures. So can you guys help me out? Any tips?

I'd like to see a bit more vivid coloring. What you have there appears kind of washed out, like when you're paining and using white to lighten your color, everything winds us looking a bit faded.

It's a pretty good background, however.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-30 18:11:57

At 12/30/10 12:57 PM, M-Vero wrote: I can't speak for everywhere, but if you're looking for cheap and a reasonable way to make a profit, going online is probably not your best bet.

Around here at least, there are a couple places you can go to, if you supply the shirts and the graphics, they'll print the shirts for pretty reasonable prices. Don't know about where you are though.

I've been doing that for my one color designs and It's been turning out great and cheap but around PR there is no screen printing shop and the shop I go to for my one color designs don't do screen printing and I wanna try out a few more colors. Any help would be great.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-30 23:01:52

Hey hey. I am completely fucking new to newgrounds. And i am looking to get some art in. I am heading to my mates place ina couple of hours. I need a few tips on some software that i'll need to get while i'm there. Ive been drawing on normal paper for a few years. But useing teh mouse and tablet is completely new to me. I'm going to be doing concept ar tand character design mostly. Heres wat i do on paper.

If the picture comes up side ways or something. I'm gonna rage. I'm on my dads computer atm. mY laptops still in teh shop.

Art Forum Lounge

-warwicks on the prowl, aww fuck man I know i'm dead-

go to my ill named thread here.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 01:40:07

At 12/30/10 11:01 PM, TheDragonBoy wrote: Heres wat i do on paper.

If the picture comes up side ways or something. I'm gonna rage. I'm on my dads computer atm. mY laptops still in teh shop.

Nice drawing.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 01:52:35

I really wish there was a quick post. Anyway I think my picture is a little 'faded' because of the feint light source that I added. If I take it out the colors would be a little vivid. I put that there because I wanted to have a sense of brightness in the sky while gazing beyond the depths of the forest. I'll take it out and then let you compare:

Art Forum Lounge

Animator for hire. Check out the stuff I have on the portal and the forums. If you like something, send me a message.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 02:26:01

Hiya everyone!
I just wanted to ask, that how many of you likes to draw "Fan-art"?
It doesn't have to be your own character(s) from some, example, TV-show.
I mean, does anyone of you draw Mario characters?
I really like to draw them.
And I really like of Mario games, too.
Hope to see some answers...

NINTENDO RULES!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 02:49:16

At 12/31/10 02:26 AM, KawaiiRion wrote: Hiya everyone!

NINTENDO RULES!

Nintendo is indeed awesome and they make legendary titles. I do like drawing videogame characters and I'm working on an animation now based off an internet joke of Mario 64. I also made my 'own' version of Megaman a while back, what do you think?

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 04:29:51

K guys did another background. didn't bother going into to much detail with the foreground though. I was thinking of World of Warcraft when I made this. Comment plz

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 06:18:03

That's one awesome megaman version, Cyper.
You can draw very well, I see.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 07:11:10

At 12/31/10 06:18 AM, KawaiiRion wrote: That's one awesome megaman version, Cyper.
You can draw very well, I see.

Thank you man, I appreciate those words. Although I can be so much better, I have to just keep practicing and listen to my superiors here! BTW I detailed my background a little bit more in the forground. Still the grass i know I can do better but its hard trying to add dimension to, its one of my biggest qualms right now.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 08:46:43

At 12/31/10 02:26 AM, KawaiiRion wrote: Hiya everyone!

NINTENDO RULES!

Yeah I do enjoy do enjoy doing some fan art when it is really something done out of there own interpretation based on what they've experienced from it ,Cannon or not. However I would never take the advantage to sale out for some fan service.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 10:15:52

At 12/31/10 07:11 AM, Xcyper33 wrote: I detailed my background...

If you plan on posting more of these, can you please just make your own thread. Thanks

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 10:37:59

Shamefacedly whoring our game out, but ...

Vote 5 :'( There's a (decent) Penguin game that's got a ~4.0 score too! :s

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 10:42:39

At 12/31/10 10:37 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Shamefacedly whoring our game out, but ...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7910

great game, i love it!

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 10:52:40

At 12/31/10 10:37 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Shamefacedly whoring our game out, but ...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7910

Wow, the penguin game's score just plummeted to 3.85?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 12:32:45

So since it's nearly here, anyone got plans for New Year's Eve?
Personally, me and some friends are going to a banquet hall.

Did I mention there's an open bar?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 12:59:53

At 12/31/10 12:32 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: So since it's nearly here, anyone got plans for New Year's Eve?
Personally, me and some friends are going to a banquet hall.
Did I mention there's an open bar?

open bar you say?

I think I might be able to make them regret that....

Nah. I'm just going over to a friends house for a party :P

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 13:08:00

: Vote 5 :'( There's a (decent) Penguin game that's got a ~4.0 score too! :s

I just finished playing this bear's game.
It's really accomplished, the three of you have made a great work! Its only weak point is the game mechanic, it's rather bland, but it's understandable given the "beat the clock" nature of the Jam, and you managed to bring the most of it. In hands of other three chaps, this wouldn't come out as good.
Cheers, matey!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 14:18:38

At 12/31/10 10:15 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 12/31/10 07:11 AM, Xcyper33 wrote: I detailed my background...
If you plan on posting more of these, can you please just make your own thread. Thanks

Umm..why? I thought this was a forum about art...I was posting pics that I've done so I can get good tips and tricks.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 15:25:57

At 12/31/10 02:18 PM, Xcyper33 wrote: Umm..why? I thought this was a forum about art...I was posting pics that I've done so I can get good tips and tricks.

Yeah, that's fine and all, but the lounge is a place for open discussion about whatever. If you want critiques, it's best to make a personal art thread.

At 12/31/10 02:21 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: Im really sorry about not being able to do game jam and im moving out of my moms house because of this. i hope i can still do newgrounds and that you guys arent too pissed at me.

Tough luck man. Also, I though you were living on your own?

With your machete and fencing mask.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 16:28:53

now that cloudys finished the game jam maybe he can finish christmas tolonious hmm

HMMMM

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 17:15:44

At 12/31/10 04:28 PM, Ashman wrote: now that cloudys finished the game jam maybe he can finish christmas tolonious hmm
HMMMM

What Ash said.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 17:20:06

At 12/31/10 05:15 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/31/10 04:28 PM, Ashman wrote: now that cloudys finished the game jam maybe he can finish christmas tolonious hmm
HMMMM
What Ash said.

didnt he ask you for VA? last i heard he was waiting on you hmm

blame everyone time

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 17:33:51

At 12/31/10 05:20 PM, Ashman wrote: didnt he ask you for VA? last i heard he was waiting on you hmm
blame everyone time

He sent me a PM on the 27th at 12:03 in the morning asking me to do voices.
I sent him the voices at 12:30 in the afternoon that same day.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 17:45:06

At 12/31/10 05:33 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/31/10 05:20 PM, Ashman wrote: didnt he ask you for VA? last i heard he was waiting on you hmm
blame everyone time
He sent me a PM on the 27th at 12:03 in the morning asking me to do voices.
I sent him the voices at 12:30 in the afternoon that same day.

i blame cloudy

rabble rabble rabble

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 18:32:23

They used my art for medals! I feel special. Also considering I did like the at least 50% of the art, I feel like I shouldn't be an "additional artist" anymore but that's just me.

Good job to everyone who participated, I've loved playing the games.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 18:37:26

At 12/31/10 06:32 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: They used my art for medals! I feel special. Also considering I did like the at least 50% of the art, I feel like I shouldn't be an "additional artist" anymore but that's just me.

you get a 5 for having guiles theme as the menu music

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 19:07:43

happy new year!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-31 19:12:20

damn i missed first new years post, happy new year