00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

958,107 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 10:13:31

Happy b-day Lintire!!!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 10:23:35

Happy birthday Lintire

Who's Lintire?
^^ OMG NOOB

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 10:47:06

At 11/22/10 11:57 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 11/22/10 11:54 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/22/10 11:43 PM, LegolaSS wrote: nor me :P... oh dear... do we have a talented pool?...
I trained my pool to roll over.
>:( No fair, mine won't even sit!

My pool went rabid and ate 3 cats and a mailman's leg. I was forced to put it down.....

Do you know how much it cost to euthanize a pool?! I could have taken it out behind the shed and shot it for 20 cents! Fucking rip off....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 11:03:20

At 11/23/10 07:45 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Say ...
- All art collabs must follow the collab rules (link to rules in the collab forum ...............)
- All activity threads and art collabs should start with a pic, as a decent example of what is expected.

I think this is a good idea, it gives the old "start with a picture" rule some actual use while also creating another rule we needed.

I was trying to think of more to add or things to change but this is just about right.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 11:13:49

At 11/23/10 07:45 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Whilst jim is right that a starting pic, whilst fucking useful, can be alienating to most users, it is clear these threads require some order, so they're not just some lame request thread.

Say ...
- All art collabs must follow the collab rules (link to rules in the collab forum ...............)
- All activity threads and art collabs should start with a pic, as a decent example of what is expected.

Personally I still think linking to the most used/useful pages would be great. Mainly the lounge and art101

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 11:21:06

At 11/23/10 11:13 AM, Havegum wrote: Personally I still think linking to the most used/useful pages would be great. Mainly the lounge and art101

Yes links are needed, also the rules should have flashing lights around it that can only be removed once a user passes a test which evaluates their knowledge of the rules.

lol jk

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 17:41:46

Happy B-Day Lintire!!! :D

At 11/23/10 10:47 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 11/22/10 11:57 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
My pool went rabid and ate 3 cats and a mailman's leg. I was forced to put it down.....
Do you know how much it cost to euthanize a pool?! I could have taken it out behind the shed and shot it for 20 cents! Fucking rip off....

Trololol.
Mine is getting to be very taxing on my income, I might have to starve it. Or pull it behind the shed, since it costs too much to euthanize. Thanks for the tip, Kinsei! :3

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-24 07:13:13

I got a lot more love on the internet about my birthday (with well-wishing coming in from everywhere, especially you awesome people here at Newgrounds) then I did IRL. That's not a good sign, is it?

Anyway, exam block is over, so hopefully I can get myself back to the point where I'm drawing.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-24 21:05:13

Quick question, how big of a difference is there to drawing something from reference to drawing what's in your head? When it comes to figuring out a person's level in drawing.

I can replicate an image online no problem. Though when it comes to drawing from the top of my head I'm just in shambles I can't draw anything.

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-24 21:11:16

At 11/24/10 09:05 PM, X1SephX wrote: Quick question, how big of a difference is there to drawing something from reference to drawing what's in your head? When it comes to figuring out a person's level in drawing.
I can replicate an image online no problem. Though when it comes to drawing from the top of my head I'm just in shambles I can't draw anything.

When drawing from a reference the idea and proportions are already down. When you try to put an idea into visual, it's much harder because you have to think each and every part through.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-24 21:13:58

At 11/24/10 09:11 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
When drawing from a reference the idea and proportions are already down. When you try to put an idea into visual, it's much harder because you have to think each and every part through.

Understood.

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 00:20:02

At 11/24/10 11:01 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: man im having the hardest time drawing. you see i have a set style that i really love doing with pencil but if i try it with ink it comes out super shitty. its like i have two completely different art styles when it comes to ink a graphite.
any one know anything that can help?

pencil first then go over in pen?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 01:06:14

At 11/25/10 12:59 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: eh the lines are too thick....its like i can add as much detail with pen

Well, first off, if you are using low-quality ballpoint... don't.
I use eithe A.) Art Pens. They a=come in all thicknesses for any size drawing, ect. .5, .7, 1, 3, 5, and the list goes on.
But, since I usually don't carry them around, I use fine point rolling ball gel pens... they are Pilot Precise V5 or V7 (V5 is smaller and better to get all the details)
When I'm in school and I doodle on index cards, these are the pens that I work with.
Maybe this will help?
If there was a Stickam up we could go more in depth >.>

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 02:55:08

At 11/25/10 01:06 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote: But, since I usually don't carry them around, I use fine point rolling ball gel pens... they are Pilot Precise V5 or V7 (V5 is smaller and better to get all the details)
When I'm in school and I doodle on index cards, these are the pens that I work with.

Dude. Those are the pens I use...
This pen is the shit right here.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 10:13:54

At 11/25/10 01:06 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 11/25/10 12:59 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: eh the lines are too thick....its like i can add as much detail with pen
Well, first off, if you are using low-quality ballpoint... don't.
I use eithe A.) Art Pens. They a=come in all thicknesses for any size drawing, ect. .5, .7, 1, 3, 5, and the list goes on.
But, since I usually don't carry them around, I use fine point rolling ball gel pens... they are Pilot Precise V5 or V7 (V5 is smaller and better to get all the details)

lol I use the v5 when I'm on the go and don't have the proper supplies with me. The pen is rather cheap, but very effective. The colors are nice and strong, and the blacks are black

I have found some "Black" pens to actually produce a very very dark blue or purple....

It's kind of cool to see others using the same tool,

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 11:00:08

At 11/25/10 04:13 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: i use sharpie pens...

So do I. I stopped for a while because they used to smudge but I found some that don't.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 11:02:38

At 11/25/10 10:13 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: lol I use the v5 when I'm on the go and don't have the proper supplies with me. The pen is rather cheap, but very effective. The colors are nice and strong, and the blacks are black

Yeah. The pens cost (where I live) $18 for 12 pens. Sometimes they can get bitchy, and I have to wait a couple of hours before I can pick it back up again (this usually happens when I leave it open, and I think the ink on the rolling ball dries and the ball gets stuck, idk). But mostly they are loyal and trustworthy.
I usually use the v7 when I'm doodling on a large piece of paper or filling in sections of black, and I don't want to waste my v5's xD

I have found some "Black" pens to actually produce a very very dark blue or purple....

I hate when that happens. Thats why I can never bring myself to buy the cheap rolling ball ones. The ink comes in a dark grey, but you can tell it isn't near black.
They make alright when you actually want to shade your piece though because the ink will get thinner and lighter as you decrease the pressure.

At 11/25/10 04:13 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: i use sharpie pens...

I have a sharpie pen but I don't recommend it. Like the v7, I use it for shading large areas of black. Unless they have some crazy fine point that I don't know of, the lines will bleed and be tooo think to make anything out when drawing small. :/

On another note, Happy Thanksgiving to alll of you in America ;)
I won't be back till Monday so until then, ciao!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 11:11:04

At 11/25/10 11:02 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote:

Although I don't recommend Ball points either, I have gotten some good pictures and effects from time to time. But you really have to find a good one. I'm partial to Zebra pens since they work pretty well.

On another note, Happy Thanksgiving to alll of you in America ;)
I won't be back till Monday so until then, ciao!

Happy Thanks Giving Kashi
I hope you enjoy where ever you are going!

And Happy thanksgiving everyone.!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 15:07:50

Happy thanksgiving for those who celebrate it!

And happy 1-year-as-a-moderator-day to Toas!

I would draw something if I wasn't drowning in work

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 15:18:04

Happy Thanksgiving to all US americans and everybody who celebrated! Enjoy your turkey but make sure to watch your tryptophan levels. Mmmkay?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 15:35:36

Happy thanksgiving to all the revelers from the US and happy regular day to the rest of you!

I got nothing else, but, yeah... have a good one.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 17:22:18

At 11/25/10 03:07 PM, Havegum wrote: And happy 1-year-as-a-moderator-day to Toas!

Happy ModDay to everyone who has been afflicted by toas`s modship (and who hasnt right)

I would draw something if I wasn't drowning in work

I would draw something if I actually cared but meh...

yaknowIluvyarob *smooch*

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 17:28:53

I'M GOBBLING FOOD LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-25 20:16:41

I had the worst thanksgiving ever. My daughter caught pink eye from her brother who had it a week ago, my son caught the flu from my daughter who had it a week or so ago, my food was cold because my daughter wouldn't sit down and stop running around the resturaunt my in laws decided to have thanksgiving at, my husband is being a JERK and I'm seriously thinking of leaving him, and everyone was staring at me the entire time(no doubt thinking about how fat I got). I hate the holidays.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 02:26:25

I hate it when you plan on going to bed at 1am but then you zone out and when you come to it's nearly 2:30am.

Also, happy birthday Peglay.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 02:51:27

Happy b-day peglay!

there sure are alot of birthdays.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 03:29:45

Happy Birthday Peglay! And happy belated birthday to anyone I missed in the meantime!

At 11/26/10 02:51 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
there sure are alot of birthdays.

Ya, about 18904109,6 per day on average.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 06:13:35

A freind of my recently showed me a magazine she is subscribing to and I looked pretty nice. So I checked out their website and they are a lot of interviews with interesting artists so check it out:
Juxtapoz.com

In other news, and I think quite exciting news (for me at least) - this message is beeing written on my own computer, In my own home, and posted with stolen internet from some of the neighbours. A whole freaking year without a computer has finally ended :D

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 08:02:43

At 11/26/10 06:13 AM, Lundsfryd wrote:
Juxtapoz.com

Yeah Juxtapz is pretty spiffy, I haven't read it in awhile but it's nice and oriented toward the contemporary artist. WAY back in 8th grade my art teacher told me about Juxtapoz but the nudity/sexuality of a lot of the work was a bit much for me at the time.

Good news on the stolen wireless, lol.

--

Happy birthday Peglay!

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 09:22:42

Happy born day Peglay... enjoy the many... many... many... years of hard work and little pay to come...

BBS Signature