00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My friend commited suicide tonight.

6,953 Views | 138 Replies

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 10:33:16

Hmm, just a thing I've noticed... alot of Newgrounders or friends of Newgrounders die alot...

But yeah. I feel sorry for you.

rjhreilly@hotmail.com

STEAM: _frizzyskernip_

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 10:33:55

i feel ur pain

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 10:36:23

My condolences. But your friend could have walked a better path, now he's garuanteed a seat in hell.
Suicide is never a good thing, but it puts me in the mood to play Die Romantic.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 10:38:07

At 1/19/08 09:21 AM, HOLY-FUCKING-SHIT wrote:
At 1/19/08 03:33 AM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:
At 1/19/08 03:32 AM, Rebel-V-Elite wrote: Emo bashing thread: ACTIVATE
Form of.......Water Bucket.
Form of...A GIANT SHARK!

Form of......Spiked Rope.

Who will guard the guards guarding the guards?

World of Words 2

IF YOU NEED FLASH CARTOON IDEAS, COME SEE ME!

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 10:45:36

.... okay? what do you expect to get out of it by posting it on NG?, I don't see the point.

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 10:56:37

sorry for what happened to your friend.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 10:59:24

I'm sorry for your loss.

I mizzed diz shit.

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 12:55:03

Well I don't know exactly how to feel you know. I'm sad and indifferent at the same time. It's a terrible loss as one of my best friend's died a day prior to my friend's suicide, last year. It seems as though January has always been a bad month for me, I don't know why.

I feel terrible for his family because his room was right at the back of the house, his back door was at the side of his room, so when his sister walked in, she must have seen him hanging there. The kid had no fears and he didn't have any sort of religious grounds. It probably would've helped him get through his problems with his life, but he chose something else for himself. I can't imagine the terror his sister felt when she opened that door and had to call her mom and tell her.

I told almost all of the friends he knew about what happened, and they all thanked me for telling them, yet they didn't move a muscle to get up and goto his house and check out what's going on. Noone was surprised, it just feels surreal. Hopefully when more information comes out about his death, we'll understand more about what happened.

Thanks everyone, this really means a lot to me.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 12:59:12

At 1/19/08 03:34 AM, CopperChaos wrote: That sucks man. Sorry.

Yeah it does suck.
I think he might've probably been a good friend.
but then again yoy can still put all the bad things aside.
(Although you might not find a way to cope for a few days.)

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:01:25

This kids is why you dont do drugs.

sorry bout yer buddy.

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:03:05

At 1/19/08 03:30 AM, g0t wrote: Everyone I've told says it's surprising and that it doesn't sound like something he would do.

Everyone wasn't surprised that he had commited suicide.

Wait what ... was it surprising or not get your facts together geez ... I'd kill myself if you were my friend too

DISCLAIMER: I was not sober during the making of this post.

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:04:53

i feel very bad for you. i hope he is in a better place.

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:04:55

At 1/19/08 01:03 PM, Leo625 wrote:
At 1/19/08 03:30 AM, g0t wrote: Everyone I've told says it's surprising and that it doesn't sound like something he would do.

Wait what ... was it surprising or not get your facts together geez ... I'd kill myself if you were my friend too

Everyone was surprised that he DID do it. But they weren't surprised that he did. He had reasons. I don't know if you're following me.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:06:27

same thing happened to me 6 months ago.... not over it.

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:07:32

His girlfriend broke up with him yesterday due to her cheating on him and when she broke up with him, he became very depressed. He was a really emotional kid, mentally weak. Everyone wasn't surprised that he had commited suicide.

Very very sorry about it.
Could have been anyone gone out in the wrong way.

Prakash

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:11:17

That sucks man, hope you and your family get through it...

Newgrounds, is for the mind, what Yoga is for the soul...

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:18:45

At 1/19/08 01:06 PM, LickitySplit wrote:
At 1/19/08 01:03 PM, Leo625 wrote:

that is how i knew it was fake. You guys are so gullible...

He is probably laughing his ass off right now.

How would this even be a funny thing to laugh about. If you knew me at all, you'd know I only find anger and people (like you) who make stupid comments and who are completely wrong funny. This isn't even something anyone could laugh at if they made a thread about it.

"HAHA IM GONNA TRICK NEWGROUNDS INTO THINKING MY FRIEND KILLED HIMSELF, IT'LL BE HILARIOUSSSSSS"

Don't post here anymore.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:22:34

He was probably beyond help, but did you try to reach out to him or anything, show him the brighter side of life, and that he could have a better life and whatnot?

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:26:11

At 1/19/08 01:22 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: He was probably beyond help, but did you try to reach out to him or anything, show him the brighter side of life, and that he could have a better life and whatnot?

He was usually emotional with anger and stuff like that. Never with sadness, I'm guessing he just bottled everything up inside, he never talked to anyone about his problems. I guess he saw it as a downer so he just kept it to himself. I guess the girlfriend thin just sent him over the edge.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:28:23

At 1/19/08 01:26 PM, g0t wrote: He was usually emotional with anger and stuff like that. Never with sadness, I'm guessing he just bottled everything up inside, he never talked to anyone about his problems. I guess he saw it as a downer so he just kept it to himself. I guess the girlfriend thin just sent him over the edge.

Oh, that really sucks then.

RIP.

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:28:25

Really?

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:28:54

I'm sorry to hear it. The girl's gotta be feeling like absolute shit right now, though. Were you friends with her at all? I'd be talking to her more than anyone else right now, because she's going to be hit the hardest by the sad affair.

Even if she hated the kid, you can't be in a relationship with some guy and not care if he kills himself the day you end it. A kid in my community hung himself over a girl a few years ago, it was a really sad event. My now ex was really shaken up over it at the time, his father was coworkers with her dad in the High School's vocational (shop) program.

And just ignore the riff-raff in your thread. The sort of people who laugh at suicide are so detached from reality it's hard to believe they're still considered life forms.

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:29:40

Im sorry for your loss, but I have to know, did he drop any good loot.

JUNE 28, 2009. RIP BILLY MAYS. THE LEGEND, THE GOD, THE BILLY MAYS.

Current Medal Score 49220. Ranked:90th +12

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:30:16

Sorry to hear that man.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:37:38

sorry to here thaty

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:49:33

At 1/19/08 01:28 PM, Evark wrote: And just ignore the riff-raff in your thread. The sort of people who laugh at suicide are so detached from reality it's hard to believe they're still considered life forms.

Actually, I'm surprised I care, normally I'd be barely able to stand laughing my arse off. Must mean my medication's working again. Hopefully that's a good thing.

@g0t
There is a thing called aggressive depression, I could not find a link but it is a type of depression that instead expressing it in the usual way it's in anger and is harder to spot so he may not have been bottling it up as well as you think. The only thing I can suggest is you could try to get through this as a group and give a little helping hand if anything thinks they are directly responsible for his death.

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:52:41

'Tis a shame... his ex is a bithc, I hope she dies in the most horrible way... but the weed part was all his own fault, cant feel sorry for him there.....

Hmmm?

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:53:30

it's sad about his suicide, but if he cared so much about this girl, why did he cheat on her?

^the post above was written by a girl^

BLOWIES ARE BETTER!

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 13:58:29

I am sorry for your loss. Hope you feel better soon.

HELLO

BBS Signature

Response to My friend commited suicide tonight. 2008-01-19 14:39:03

That's what I would do too if I I loose my girlfriend, but not sure if I dare to.

Sorry to hear about your loss.