00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yevs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fable Guild

47,231 Views | 882 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Fable Guild 2008-09-29 15:18:34

Yeah, I was quite disappointed when I first read about the postponing of the co-op feature.

Ah well, it'll give us ample time to enjoy Fable II and what it still offers while we wait for co-op to arrive.

Anyone want to give out their gamertag so we could add each other as friends? That way once co-op gets here, we'll be ready.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-09-30 15:26:53

my gamer tag is in my sig. so yeah.... i wonder if co-op will be split screen or what. cause non split screen would be harder....

So how about dem mudkipz?

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-09-30 21:07:38

At 9/30/08 03:26 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: my gamer tag is in my sig. so yeah.... i wonder if co-op will be split screen or what. cause non split screen would be harder....

For couch co-op you share the same camera as the host.

I'm not ENTIRELY sure if it will be the same for online co-op.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-01 02:11:29

1)Username: Slaya
2)Version: Fable
3)System: Xbpx
4)Favorite Alignment: Light + Dark
5)Favorite Ability: Assassin Rush
6)Beaten Game?: Yesh!

--

Well, IMO, not having online immediately doesn't seem like that much of a blow, since the game is really designed to be played solo.

Of course, if it's not there after a few days, then it might be a problem. I've actually heard people cancelling their order because of this though...

Lastly, I hope this gets ported to the PC so I have a chance of playing it, unless someone feels like buying me a 360 :)

A Premo Production

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-02 13:44:58

At 10/2/08 10:52 AM, DarkSytze wrote: does somebody know where to buy master weapons (the master katana)?

i could buy one at the arena, but i finished it, and now i have no idea where they sell those things, HALP.

I think the weapon trader at the Heroes Guild sells some Master Weapons, and they're at the weapon shop in Hook Coast, as well as Bowerstone North, too.

Also, bad news for people who pre-ordered the Fable II Collector's Edition.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-02 23:28:10

At 10/2/08 01:44 PM, TwilightFox wrote: Also, bad news for people who pre-ordered the Fable II Collector's Edition.

Yeah, I heard about this yesterday, I WANT MY DAMN HOBBE TOYYYYY!

Oh well, at least the price has been dropped - it costs the same as the normal version here now (lucky I pre-ordered the CE) and there's still the extra in-game content.

I wish bad things would stop happening so close to the release.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-03 19:49:52

At 10/2/08 01:44 PM, TwilightFox wrote:
Also, bad news for people who pre-ordered the Fable II Collector's Edition.

Seems like I'll be canceling my legendary edition then...

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-03 21:57:55

Hooray! MORE BAD NEWS!

So the Fable II Collectors Edition box set has been trimmed a little, losing the five printed fate cards, the Hobbe figure, and..oh yes, the box. Still, we still get a bonus DVD with developer diaries and the full game soundtrack, right? Perhaps not. Frequent Kotaku contributor and all-around nice lady Lesley Smith passes on this email from UK retailer Game regarding even further cuts to the decreasingly collectible edition.

We have recently contacted you regarding a marketwide problem with the Fable II Collectors Edition. We have since been informed by Microsoft that there has been a further complication.

They have advised us that the developer diary and soundtrack are no longer going to be available on the bonus DVD.

Let's just hope that they don't decide to cut the actual game from the CE before the title ships next month. Hit the jump for the full email.

Dear Customer,We have recently contacted you regarding a marketwide problem with the Fable
II Collectors Edition. We have since been informed by Microsoft that there
has been a further complication.

They have advised us that the developer diary and soundtrack are no longer
going to be available on the bonus DVD.

We are very disappointed and would like to reassure you that your Collectors
Edition will still include:

Bonus DVD with new 'Making-of' Feature.
Bonus in-game content (requires Xbox LIVER) including:
. The Hall of the Dead Dungeon
. The Wreckager Legendary Cutlass Weapon
. Spartan armor and energy sword

Also because you have ordered from GAME.co.uk you will have already received
your code to download the Fable II Xbox Live Pub Games. If you have not
received this yet have no fear as they are being emailed out every Friday
afternoon, fear not! They are being emailed out every Friday afternoon.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Customer Services
GAME.co.uk

---

Here's summore' information, from a developer:

Lets clear some misconceptions.
1) The original LE wasn't ever going to be in a tin box. It was a special box, yes, but it wasn't tin. It was fancy cardboard, a bit like a cigar case. And as people have said, the reason it's dropped for the revised LE is because it was mostly filled by the hobbe toy...
2) The hobbe toy is on a card backing so that it fits inside said box without rattling around. That card backing is exactly the same size as a normal DVD case.
3) The full soundtrack was *never* part of the LE at any stage. That was always planned to be sold separately via Sumthing Digital (where you can also pick up other MGS soundtracks such as Halo3 and Mass Effect).
Believe me, I'm just as annoyed about it as you guys are, I was very much looking forward to having a shiny collectors edition copy of our game to hug and cherish as well.

---

AND FINALLY.

We are happy to announce the Fable II game is in manufacturing and confirmed for Oct-21 in North America and Asia, Oct-24 for Europe.

However, due to supply chain issues**, we are revising the Fable II Limited Collector's Edition and the estimated retail price will be reduced from $79.99 to $69.99* USD in North America or as applicable in your market. *These are estimated retail prices; actual retail prices may vary worldwide. ** we are gutted

The premium box, five printed fate cards, and Hobbe figure will not be available as part of the Limited Collector's Edition. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The Fable II Limited Collector's Edition will now include the following content at this discounted price:

* Fable II game disc
* Bonus DVD with new 'Making-of' Feature
* Bonus in-game content (requires Xbox LIVEĀ®)
o 'The Hall of the Dead' Dungeon
o 'The Wreckager' Legendary Cutlass Weapon
o Spartan armor and energy sword

To further show our commitment to the faithful fans, we have created a special Fable album for free download for a limited time! This includes a wonderful selection of Fable 1 music and 3 brand new tracks from the upcoming Fable II soundtrack.

Go to http://www.sumthingdigital.com, and enter "FableCollection" promotion code. This will be available beginning October 6, 2008 @ 9am PST.
[UPDATE: By a suggestion made in the comments of this entry, we're going to release the Fate Cards as a downloadable PDF for you to print, plus we can also confirm the new LCE version will have the original LCE artwork).]

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-03 22:50:39

good god....... i side with yahtzee from the escaoest on this one for once....

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-07 21:47:12

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/07/master -chief-crash-lands-into-fable-2/

If you noticed in the details to Fable 2's Collector's Edition, there was an "Otherworldly Bonus" for in-game content. Packaged with the announcement were screenshots, including one conspicuously labeled "Fable2_MasterChief.jpg." Yep, that's not just a coincidence, you're looking at a faux-medieval variant of the Halo superstar. (Halo 3 ending spoiler alert) I guess we know what universe he crash-landed in. And here we thought Minstrel Chief was the only Halo reference we'd find. Fable 2 is coming October 21 for US and October 24 for Europe.

I laughed when I saw that. I think they're also putting something similar to the energy sword

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-08 21:07:58

old dude....way odl.....

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-09 11:57:53

I hope this is enough to make up for everything that's gone wrong so far. It has for me.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-09 13:08:08

yay !!!!! i cant wait!! see you guys on live!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-09 19:53:34

At 10/9/08 01:08 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: yay !!!!! i cant wait!! see you guys on live!!!

I won't be playing you. Trust me

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-09 21:44:48

i was taliking about live in general.... not just certain people......... lol the friend i have been talkin boout aint u foo. i have like a huundred friends getting it....

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-09 22:13:51

At 10/9/08 09:44 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: i was taliking about live in general.... not just certain people......... lol the friend i have been talkin boout aint u foo. i have like a huundred friends getting it....

Sure you do. Sure.

Oh, and are you a gangsta now, foo?

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-10 10:23:37

noooo. thats just how i talk i go with the flow and say whatever is on my mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-12 10:47:04

Hey, gonna need some friends for the big release. send me a friend request-

Armerad

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-12 18:08:46

At 10/9/08 11:57 AM, Black-Flame wrote: I hope this is enough to make up for everything that's gone wrong so far. It has for me.

Fuck yes. At least co-op will be available, thankfully.

At 10/12/08 10:47 AM, Armerad wrote: Hey, gonna need some friends for the big release. send me a friend request-

Armerad

Alright, I'll add you.

Everyone else, feel free to add me, as well, if you want - ShiroNoKitsune.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-12 19:09:19

shironokitsune is ur XBL username right? cause i just sent it a request. speaking of the word kitsune, i plan on geting my name changed to " kitsune of death" if i can ft it if not then ill taake ou the "t" in kitsune, and yes i no what a kitsune is, it is the chinese word of fox.

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-16 13:51:30

5 days till fable two !!!!!!! oh mah gad!!!!!!!!! i cant wait! thats it i am going to freeze myself gfor five days!!!! (lol south park reference) lol JK. also im voting for abama... if i could............. lolololololololololololol

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-17 12:45:18

4 ddays til fable 2!!!!!! also on a side unrlated note , i got the beta for call of duty: world at war

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-17 21:05:43

At 10/17/08 12:45 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: 4 ddays til fable 2!!!!!! also on a side unrlated note , i got the beta for call of duty: world at war

Dude stop counting down. We know already. We're not fucking stupid

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-18 04:41:53

At 10/17/08 09:05 PM, Phantox wrote:
At 10/17/08 12:45 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: 4 ddays til fable 2!!!!!! also on a side unrlated note , i got the beta for call of duty: world at war
Dude stop counting down. We're not fucking stupid

No, but he is.

Anyway, footage of the game has been leaked and uploaded everywhere on the internet. Someone even posted the first 10 minutes of the game somewhere on NG.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-18 07:07:32

6 days for me, damn release dates, screwing europe over >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-18 08:38:32

Cool stuff, didn't think there'd be too many Fable fans on Newgrounds.
Before anyone suspects, yea, this is an alt, reason being that I'll be damned if I can even remember my other accounts, not to mention passwords.

Anyway, I'd like to make myself a part of this group here, I've got Fable:TLC for PC and I'm getting Fable II, so here goes:
Username: Johnny
Version: TLC
System: PC
Favorite Alignment: Neutral
Favorite Ability: Turncoat
Beaten Game?: Yes

I'll cut to the chase, I'd like to ask everyone here about modding. I've modded Fable: TLC, but I came three years late to the original cast who cracked the formats and made the tools, so I felt essentially useless. Fable II is a different story; there were rumors some time ago that Fable II would include an sdk, a modding kit, this isn't going to happen. Having said that, is there anyone here who think they'd be any good at deciphering the formats, making the tools or just modding Fable II in general? Or even just someone interested in the fact that there are people already working on this? I'd just love to hear of anyone with interest in this.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-18 09:33:21

hhmmm. odysic? sure ya can join!........ its kinda not been a very active guild lately anyways........

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-18 13:16:11

i think i scared him off! i knew him form the 360 club. and he does NOT like ME. nuff said

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-18 22:17:38

Okay, so does no one here care about modding Fable II? or is this club dying? I don't get it.
If I could just get one reply as acknowledgment, it'd be appreciated.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-10-19 02:44:20

yeah I'm just gonna join. Things you should know:
I have beaten Fable in like 50 different ways
I don't have a 360(:/)
I DO have a normal Xbox and Fable, but will not be getting Fable 2 any time soon(:/)
I made a jack of blades mask in art class. hell yeah, bitches.