00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ayya1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fire, smoke and wind everywhere

5,142 Views | 94 Replies

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-21 20:21:07

so that's what american suburbia looks like..

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-21 20:44:43

I used to have those issues in 2005 and early 2006, but nowadays no longer.

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:04:46

God must hate southern California.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:09:28

At 10/23/07 08:04 PM, WadeFulp wrote: God must hate southern California.

i thought god hate jews

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:15:03

Its cause californis knows it sucks, so its trying to kill itself

Hmmm?

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:15:59

Yeah, thankfully I live in La Jolla. I can smell it and shit, and my house is hot as balls. I know a couple people who live out there in Del Mar and shit, and their fucked.

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:23:36

At 10/23/07 08:04 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
God must hate southern California.

Not quite as much now. The smoke has pretty much cleared up and last I heard most of the fires are at least controlled now. They still closed down college yesterday and today, not sure if they're going to resume tomorrow or not.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:25:24

Crazy pictures. Have you played that game Oblivion? Well it reminds me of in that, I was just randomly wondering round on it, and as I moved in one direction the sky became orange just like this, it was an oblivion hole in the game, so cool to see it in real life.

If you stand in a certain place, like on a hill, can you look in one direction and see blue skies, and in the other see tinted orange sky? That'd be weird as fook to do.

BTW, Luksy & JMTB are going through the same thing :O

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:33:39

Hey man, I'm a Newgrounds fan and a resident of Chula Vista. I had to evacuate and friends of mine had their homes completely destroyed.

Next time you come to San Diego for Comic Con I will beat you with a bamboo stick.

Sorry. No EDIT button. :(

-Rommel

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:35:40

At 10/23/07 08:23 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: Not quite as much now. The smoke has pretty much cleared up and last I heard most of the fires are at least controlled now. They still closed down college yesterday and today, not sure if they're going to resume tomorrow or not.

Classes have been canceled through Friday for all Public High Schools and Elementaries. UCSD and SDSU have been also canceled through Friday. I go to USD and classes have been canceled at least until Thursday.

-Rommel

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:36:51

Same situation happening here, it is ridiculously hot now.

FUUUUUUU...

Sig made by me, want one? Pm me, don't expect something really fancy though.

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:37:34

No, just mexicans.(kidding)

The smoke here is so bad now several kids at my school were coughing BADLY. They either left or stayed inside. Oh, and a couple of the kids weren't really *sick*.

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:38:46

I live in Alpine, a little fucking hick town about 40 minutes from the border. The good news is that my town hasn't burned down yet, but the bad news is I'm surrounded on all 4 sides by fire. That, and about 90% of my friends have been evacuated, I would assume. Plus my school is not a Red Cross Evacuation Center.

Yeah, and my mom says I wouldn't possibly want to go to the East Coast for college on the basis "It's too cold."

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:40:20

You can be skeptical if you want, but this fire has conveniently affected residential areas more than natural sections of California's geography, not to mention it has happened in way too many areas... it's too much of a coincidence.

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:44:52

At 10/23/07 08:37 PM, Rebel-V-Elite wrote: The smoke here is so bad now several kids at my school were coughing BADLY. They either left or stayed inside. Oh, and a couple of the kids weren't really *sick*.

Lucky, I still had to go to school, with the freaking heat and ashes. I think I was going to pass out today. Man, this is suppose to be winter, They weren't kidding. California has the most weirdest weather.

FUUUUUUU...

Sig made by me, want one? Pm me, don't expect something really fancy though.

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:45:58

At 10/23/07 08:35 PM, RommelTJ wrote:
Classes have been canceled through Friday for all Public High Schools and Elementaries. UCSD and SDSU have been also canceled through Friday. I go to USD and classes have been canceled at least until Thursday.

Yet Moorpark marches on.

At 10/23/07 08:37 PM, Rebel-V-Elite wrote:
The smoke here is so bad now several kids at my school were coughing BADLY. They either left or stayed inside. Oh, and a couple of the kids weren't really *sick*.

I saw people walking around the streets with those cheap smoke masks on. I tried to avoid going outside as much as possible because it certainly wasn't a good thing to be breathing the air outside, and I got some ash in my eye while I was out taking pictures.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:46:25

Holy shit that sucks dude, my relatives had to evacuate their houses, I heard it fucking sucks out there.

Kill a man, you're a murderer, kill many, you're a conqueror, kill 'em all, and you're a god!

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 20:54:36

This is a map of San Diego. White Area is San Diego. Red means on fire. Purple means evacuated. Yellow means voluntary evacuation.

Please keep in mind that the fire is raging right now and it probably won't be completely extinguished until November.

-Rommel

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:02:26

This is a satellite picture of Southern California. Look at all the smoke:

-Rommel

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:07:19

Oh noes, the sky is orange!!! We're all gonna die. Seriously, I don't give a shit about your orange sky, you could be photoshopping it for attention!

I wanna see the fire, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:08:36

And sorry for triple posting, but people need to know that over 600 square miles have burned. More than 1,300 homes have been completely destroyed and flames are threatening 68,000. More than 350,000 houses have been evacuated. That is, if the average home has 2.6 people, nearly 910,000 people have evacuated.

-Rommel

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:10:12

LIES
U A.D.D FAGOT!!!!

I used to have super powers, but my psychologist told me to put them away...

Don't smoke!!! there are cooler ways to die!

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:13:03

At 10/23/07 09:07 PM, TheSovereign wrote: Oh noes, the sky is orange!!! We're all gonna die. Seriously, I don't give a shit about your orange sky, you could be photoshopping it for attention!

I wanna see the fire, bitch.

Fine, here is a nice lil picture:

-Rommel

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:13:15

time to put Tool's song Aenima to good use
becuase they should be hoping for tidal waves

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:15:53

I hope So Cal isn't completely annihilated by these wildfires.

"Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh"

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:18:14

Those are pictures for the ages!

keep us updated, this looks very intresting.

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:28:06

This is a picture taken by a friend of mine on the other side of the border, in Tecate, Mexico. This was taken about 3 hours ago. By the way, there have been only two known fatalities so far. One was a senior citizen, who was like 90 and about to die anyway, and the other was a man. Rumors say he was a Mexican migrant.

-Rommel

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:30:05

Southern California fires. It's a bitch, I'm in Beverly Hills.

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:37:17

Hmm. I don't think I would be able to leave all the stuff in my home to evacuate.

La dee da da da

BBS Signature

Response to Fire, smoke and wind everywhere 2007-10-23 21:59:48

At 10/23/07 09:53 PM, chocolate-penguin wrote: It's a few miles away from my house. He has enhanced it though, it is nowhere near that thick.

Signonsandiego.com

What are you talking about? The smoke is super thick and it's horrible to breathe. Obviously some places have less smoke than others....

-Rommel