00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ayumi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pictures in reviews

24,138 Views | 253 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-29 20:55:50

At 7/25/03 11:15 AM, F-bot wrote: Strange that people attacks the autor in reviews, that are just worthless reviews.

TRUE!!!! TRUE AS STINK ON A MONKEY!!

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-29 21:03:43

Wow, the middle finger is funny. Jesous what a bunch of retards, why the hell do they put the finger in their reviews???

Pictures in reviews

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-29 21:17:14

What does whistle leve do for you anyways? And what determines popularity?

BBS Signature

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-29 21:35:04

At 7/29/03 09:17 PM, JoeyRamone wrote: What does whistle leve do for you anyways? And what determines popularity?

ok whistle level helps ur voting power and populairity is the rating of how many ppl click on ur file get it?

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-29 22:07:49

At 7/29/03 03:42 PM, lm_mario wrote: If PunXster45,

Is from a public library most require you to sign in and state your time and PC number. If not Wade could still trace the IP to the library threaten suit and then the library would impliment the new policy and thus still stop PunXster45. Anyway We win.

HURRAY!!! i love winning! hey people listen to my submited music! No one has :(... I worked hard and it might suck but I like feed back! I think the newgrounds music department is kinda getting the shirt end and we all need to start supporting it!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-29 22:14:01

At 7/28/03 09:05 PM, black_shade wrote: AMERICA LETS YOU PUT UP UR OWN RULES AND RESTRICTIONS ON THERE PROPERTY AND WADE IS SAYING NO SPAM ON HIS PROPERTY. < YA GOT THAT DUMB ASS?

Hey dumbass!!! Spamming is wrong but what I trying say about Freedom of Speech is that people have the right to voice their own opinions, I was talking about INSULTING THE AUTHOR you stupid piece of shit!!! Advertising a company on another company's server is stupid because you're are ripping off that company from money, otherwise known as theft. All of you assholes thought i was talking about spamming but I was talking about insulting the author!!!

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-29 22:32:57

At 7/25/03 06:32 PM, Denvish wrote: Every time I come on the BBS I see something that makes me hate humankind a little bit more. If it's not people calling each other n00bs or flaming each other, it's people feeling superior because they have a higher postcount or have joined up earlier. We're all people. Stop treating newer users like maggots under your feet. Stop yelling at each other. Just stop. It's making my head hurt.

You are the second person I have ever written a serious review to... I agree with you, completely

BBS Signature

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-29 23:10:22

At 7/28/03 12:24 PM, commanderkai wrote:
At 7/28/03 11:18 AM, black_shade wrote: this isn't America its NewGrounds.com! so listin to the restrictions or just start packing ya damn foreners
Hey dumbass!!! The Newgrounds server is in the United States so that means the staff has to follow American law, one of them is Freedom of Speech, also that the U.N. Charter of Human Rights says that human have the right to free speech, and last time I checked, I'm human so shut the fuck up!!!

Haha, U.N. charter? This is just a website, not a country whose government needs regulation. You're not forced to be here, and its a place that has it rules and regulations. And what's this first amendment thing? You don't even live in the U.S., you don't know how it's enforced. Death threats are illegal actually, because they present clear and present danger. And I guess you can tell someone to "fuck yourself you donkey raping shit eater", but not loudly inside a restaurant or any other privately owned establishment, (unless at McDonald's or Denny's) because you'd likely get thrown out under a manager's discretion. Now I guess I can call you a hoser, and hide behind the first amendment. Hoser.

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-29 23:20:18

Eh...what are you going to do with them? There's people like that, I'm sure you know this. But there's always a real cause behind this, mostly personal. But just forget about them, because the best thing they'll winde up being in the future are janitors. It always happens. So don't worry about it. Eventually, it'll all get thrown back in their faces! Peace out!

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-29 23:50:42

At 7/29/03 10:14 PM, commanderkai wrote:

:Hey dumbass!!! Spamming is wrong but what I trying say about Freedom of Speech is that people have the right to voice their own opinions, I was talking about INSULTING THE AUTHOR you stupid piece of shit!!! Advertising a company on another company's server is stupid because you're are ripping off that company from money, otherwise known as theft. All of you assholes thought i was talking about spamming but I was talking about insulting the author!!!

You just don't get it, do you? As far as the law goes, Newgrounds is private property. Just as you can't come into someone's house and draw pictures of middle fingers or write insults to other guests on the walls unless you are given express permission by the homeowner, you cannot post anything here that you are forbidden from posting my the webmaster. No rights apply here. Need a better idea? Wade could ban you for being Mexican if he wanted to, and it would still be perfectly legal.

The area in which freedom of speech applies is in the website itself. The creators of this site are allowed to say anything they want on this site that doesn't break a law. Using scripting, they are giving you an opportunity to say something on what is part of THEIR freedom of speech as long as you follow their rules. They do not have to allow you to say anything on their website, the same way you aren't allowed to say anything you want on non-interactive websites.

Second, freedom of speech isn't infinite; it has several bounds, and you have hit one of them. Insulting the author constitutes verbal abuse, an offense you can get prosecuted for. Deleting such a review is not breaking the law, but the review itself is. How ironic, not to mention hypocritical. Note that in the the above quoted post alone, you have broken the law several times through verbal abuse, yet Wade has not broken any laws at any time in this issue. Your rights are not being infringed upon, as your rights do not extend as far as this website in the first place. Do you understand yet?

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 00:06:19

MxyzptlkNY you are funny as crap dude! I wet myself I think...

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 02:03:00

"Hey dumbass!!! Spamming is wrong but what I trying say about Freedom of Speech is that people have the right to voice their own opinions, I was talking about INSULTING THE AUTHOR you stupid piece of shit!!! Advertising a company on another company's server is stupid because you're are ripping off that company from money, otherwise known as theft. All of you assholes thought i was talking about spamming but I was talking about insulting the author!!!"

You really don't get it, do you? Voicing your opinions and verbally abusing a person are two completely different things that lead to completely different CONSEQUENCES! You can voice your opinion as much as you want, just as long as it is not abusive in any way. But verbal abuse can be settled IN COURT! And why would you be sent to court if you were protected by the Constitution, which, technically, doesn't apply when you are in Newgrounds, anyway?!

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 02:05:36

I love it when I'm right, don't you?

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 02:24:14

At 7/30/03 02:05 AM, psychoguy817 wrote: I love it when I'm right, don't you?

Whatever man. You have no wright to do anything here unless Wade, Tom, or any Staff sais because thay own this place. This is a company, not some privet oenwd website. If that say you cannot harras people, WTF do you think that means? Yeah, you can express your self, but you cannot break any rule. Wade is helping the newer people out by posting this and making shure people know.

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 07:19:18

At 7/29/03 05:37 AM, TheUnl33tCobra wrote:
I suppose your in your local library using thier computer because your mummy and daddy won't buy you a computer of your own. That would equate to why you would be on the governments computer, and have an untraceable IP. Fuck it, do you even know what an IP is?!

You have poor grammar.

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 08:29:01

i havnt seen them what do they look like

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 09:55:17

Wow a whole lot of arguements are going on in the forums.... and why has PunXster45 not been banned and deleted from the Forums?? (Flicking off wade in the forums is not a good idea, and his ip adress is traceable, unlike he said....)

Pictures in reviews

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 12:27:19

Hey dumbass!!! Spamming is wrong but what I trying say about Freedom of Speech is that people have the right to voice their own opinions, I was talking about INSULTING THE AUTHOR you stupid piece of shit!!! Advertising a company on another company's server is stupid because you're are ripping off that company from money, otherwise known as theft. All of you assholes thought i was talking about spamming but I was talking about insulting the author!!!

yeah yeah yeah ya fucking incest does ur stupid ass ever learn?? u fuck around with the restrictions and u can just start packing and i didnt see n e were u cant insult the authers some one pls point out for me were it says that so i can read it myself

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 16:35:46

for 13 posts... your ok.. but dont be so n00bish

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 18:07:19

First and foremost, I hope you people did not misinterpret my post to think that the following quote was written by me:
"Hey dumbass!!! Spamming is wrong but what I trying say about Freedom of Speech is that people have the right to voice their own opinions, I was talking about INSULTING THE AUTHOR you stupid piece of shit!!! Advertising a company on another company's server is stupid because you're are ripping off that company from money, otherwise known as theft. All of you assholes thought i was talking about spamming but I was talking about insulting the author!!!"
This is actually a commanderkai quote. The fact of the matter is that in my previous post, while quoting this for reference in my refutal, I accidentally deleted the space that is supposed to come after the colon (:) in order to auto-quote the material. This resulted in the paragraph appearing as though I had written it. Again, I DIDN'T write it; you can check back to commanderkai's earlier post if you'd like confirmation of this fact.

B-Man, Newgrounds is not a company. A company is defined as "an institution created to conduct business" (WordWeb), and "business" is meant in the corporate sense of the word. However, Newgrounds was created to provide free entertainment, not to make profit or "conduct business". Any revenues go toward hosting and maintenance of the website. If it were a company, you would likely be charged for membership to the website. If you want to label Newgrounds as something, call it what it is: intellectual property, NOT a company.

Psychoguy, the idea that the Constitution does not technically apply here isn't quite accurate. The reason Tom and Wade are legally practically Supreme Beings here is because the Constitution DOES apply here; specifically, Newgrounds being Tom and Wade's intellectual property. THEY are the ones that have freedom of expression here, and it's because of the Constitution that they do, not because of the lack thereof.

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 19:59:55

thank, Blackshade

BBS Signature

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-30 22:26:55

Doode, newgrounds is a buisnes. What do you think Newgrounds.com inc. is? Go read some Lit on newgrounds before you make your self look dumb.

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-31 00:15:55

I think that pictures in reviews are bad.

join the people suck club

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-31 00:20:27

Perhaps YOU should read the literature. Newgrounds, Inc. is just a name. Inc. stands for Incorporated, meaning that any company with Inc. is a corporation. Corporations are a collection of businesses that share in profits but not necessarily in its debt. This is done mainly through stock. Newgrounds does not have a stock, and thus the Inc. extension is bullshit.

In Literature, you would have noticed that Newgrounds was originally a fan zine that became a website and remains a website. Never has it made the transition to a company, and never has the goal of the site been profit. It isn't a business; it's still only intellectual property. It exists only on the web and doesn't conduct ANY direct business. In fact, were it a business, freedom of speech for its "customers" WOULD apply, and lawsuits would ensue.

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-31 00:24:57

At 7/25/03 11:12 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Lately some users have been making images, mainly of a hand giving the bird, in their reviews. This is not allowed. For one you are character spamming, and two you are insulting the author. Users found doing this may have their reviews removed, or accounts terminated. Please stop this.

I have a review with some minor text flooding, does saying "Blam" 4 times count? I belive it's by: basement_squater.

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-31 01:52:43

At 7/30/03 04:35 PM, jagged_r0cks wrote: for 13 posts... your ok.. but dont be so n00bish

srry for acting like a n00b but wtf is a n00b?

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-31 02:47:33

At 7/31/03 12:20 AM, degeon wrote: Perhaps YOU should read the literature.

Then how would you explane making profits off video games? Which thay will be doing soon. Also, thay are taxed as a buisness. And yes, it's goal IS profit off of pop up's and banner ads. I've been here long enough to know Wade and Tom both would have died off without that money. Yes, thay don't pay people to make NG Flash, but thay show case the flash and make profit off of the flash with the advertisements.

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-31 11:40:02

hoo, this topic wuz HOTT. thats hott with 2 t's, my friend.

Cant we just get along. i mean, we all koo kats here, except that punxster or wutever guy. that guys a fag.

LOVE,
STEVEO KNIEVAL

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-31 15:09:15

At 7/31/03 02:47 AM, B-Man wrote: Then how would you explane making profits off video games? Which thay will be doing soon. Also, thay are taxed as a buisness. And yes, it's goal IS profit off of pop up's and banner ads. I've been here long enough to know Wade and Tom both would have died off without that money. Yes, thay don't pay people to make NG Flash, but thay show case the flash and make profit off of the flash with the advertisements.

Those are third party companies aiding in the maintenance of intellectual property. It's that simple. The advertising comes from a company that does business, and this website gets profit for aiding in that business, not actually conducting the business itself. I could just as easily put popups on my website, but that wouldn't make it a business.

John, were HP to open a product review section, legally, I believe it would fall under the intellectual property of the company, not a part of the company's business itself.

Response to Pictures in reviews 2003-07-31 16:00:13

A Noob or newbee is what you would call an unexperienced person EX(wet behind the ears, greenhorn, ect.)

BBS Signature