00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4510mike just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life!

4,727 Views | 75 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-08-29 20:43:10

At 8/29/08 08:39 PM, KillerSkull wrote: Umm...I think this should be in the Videogame thread.

Well, since you are new i'll cut you a brake and not be mad at you. This thread was posted before there was a video game fourm so no way he could of done that. And don't bump threads that have not been posted in for almost a year with nothing to contribute to this thread.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-08-30 05:15:19

At 8/29/08 08:43 PM, idiot-buster wrote: . And don't bump threads that have not been posted in for almost a year with nothing to contribute to this thread.

None
gfoxcook

[ Profile | Posts | Contact ]
Reply To Post Reply & Quote

Posted at: 8/29/08 01:20 AM

Questioning
KillerSkull

[ Profile | Posts | Contact ]
Reply To Post Reply & Quote

Posted at: 8/29/08 08:39 PM

a year huh. I have teh Wii to deposit my experience and sometimes post. It saved me so much experience this year its overwhelming.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-08-30 05:40:33

I remember when I first got a Wii, the first monts were totally awesome.

Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything..

Brawl FC: 0903 - 4175 - 3638

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters because I love Photoshop =3

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-08-31 13:33:07

At 8/29/08 08:43 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 8/29/08 08:39 PM, KillerSkull wrote: Umm...I think this should be in the Videogame thread.
Well, since you are new i'll cut you a brake and not be mad at you. This thread was posted before there was a video game fourm so no way he could of done that. And don't bump threads that have not been posted in for almost a year with nothing to contribute to this thread.

LOL!

Dude, that was ME that bumped this with nothing to contribute! #;-}>

Also:

The thread has only existed for 11 months... and it's only been not posted in for ~7 months, so this "almost idle for a year" stuff is a bit off.

BUT:

You correctly told him why this isn't in the videogames forum, so I do appreciate that. But I would just hope that when dealing with temporal issues such as... "gee, thread from September 2007 = predates videogame forum's creation in March 2008" you might notice these other things, like the 7 month/11 month/12 month disparities you indulged in... and also the whole... which post bumped the thread, some noob's... or the topic starter's (THAT'D BE ME).

At 8/30/08 05:15 AM, iscrulz wrote: gfoxcook
Posted at: 8/29/08 01:20 AM

That's all you needed to post, man. #;-}>

a year huh.

LOLZ.

I have teh Wii to deposit my experience and sometimes post. It saved me so much experience this year its overwhelming.

I can't believe you deposit your exp on your Wii... but whatever keeps your exp rank healthy, man! MORE POWER TO YA!

At 8/30/08 05:40 AM, Nikenick wrote: I remember when I first got a Wii, the first monts were totally awesome.

Indeed. But I hope you're not implying that after the first few months, a Wii blows.

While I haven't played my Wii much since Brawl in March and Mario Kart in April (ehhh... a little Guitar Hero Aerosmith since I got it in July when I noticed it at Costco, too...), it's not because I no longer wish to play Wii games. It's just that I ordered a new desktop PC after 11 years of the same desktop.... at the end of May... and since it arrived in early June, PC gaming is what I'm all about.

The Wii can't help that it don't have no ORANGE BOX, for starters.

And while the XB360 and PS3 may have Orange Box.... their TF2 versions blow chunks compared to PC gamers' TF2, so... sorry, consoleheads. ;_;

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-08-31 14:03:36

At 8/31/08 01:33 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 8/29/08 08:43 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
LOL!

I did not realize you bumped it, haha bad thing happen when i'm tried :P

Dude, that was ME that bumped this with nothing to contribute! #;-}>

Also:

The thread has only existed for 11 months... and it's only been not posted in for ~7 months, so this "almost idle for a year" stuff is a bit off.

Next time i'll be more careful with my time i just rounded it off to a year for no reason:P

BUT:

You correctly told him why this isn't in the videogames forum, so I do appreciate that. But I would just hope that when dealing with temporal issues such as... "gee, thread from September 2007 = predates videogame forum's creation in March 2008" you might notice these other things, like the 7 month/11 month/12 month disparities you indulged in... and also the whole... which post bumped the thread, some noob's... or the topic starter's (THAT'D BE ME).

Thanks for your appreciation, i usuly try my best but i messed up on this one.
Hay, gfoxcook i want to personaly thank you for helping me become what i am today. I"m glad you took me ''uner your wing'' when no one else would.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-09-01 12:52:30

At 8/31/08 02:03 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Thanks for your appreciation, i usuly try my best but i messed up on this one.

Well, you got one part of it right, at least. The why it's not in the VG forums part. #;-}>

Hay, gfoxcook i want to personaly thank you for helping me become what i am today. I"m glad you took me ''uner your wing'' when no one else would.

I sensed potential. DON'T PROVE ME WRONG, YOUNG GRASSHOPPA!

Now, go hone your skillz by playing some Wario Ware on a Wii.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-11-13 09:42:48

At 9/1/08 12:52 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Now, go hone your skillz by playing some Wario Ware on a Wii.

And although this topic has been dormant for almost a year now, I feel it must be resurrected, for I fear Greg has gone into relapse.

Seriously, we haven't seen him around for a while and I've got to do something about it. My best friend and his girlfriend have now moved in and they have a Wii, so I might just have to try and find him

...When they get an internet connection...

...If I can be bothered to search for him, rather than playing on the Wii.

It's useless, the Wii, shall claim my life as well! I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, but now I'm apparently 67, when it comes to Wii Sport, so I've got some work to be doing on that, but Friday night is the first weekly Mario Kart night. Joy :)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-12-08 00:41:15

At 11/13/08 09:42 AM, Coop83 wrote: And although this topic has been dormant for almost a year now, I feel it must be resurrected, for I fear Greg has gone into relapse.

Almost a year meaning a couple months this time instead of half a year. THIS JOKE IS GETTING OLD, AND IT'S ONLY BEEN TOLD TWICE ON THIS PAGE OF THE TOPIC. #;-}>

Seriously, we haven't seen him around for a while and I've got to do something about it. My best friend and his girlfriend have now moved in and they have a Wii, so I might just have to try and find him

...When they get an internet connection...

...If I can be bothered to search for him, rather than playing on the Wii.

It's useless, the Wii, shall claim my life as well! I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, but now I'm apparently 67, when it comes to Wii Sport, so I've got some work to be doing on that, but Friday night is the first weekly Mario Kart night. Joy :)

Actually, all I do on the Wii nowadays is Mega Man 9 every now and then, and twice a month I participate in the worldwide Mario Kart tournaments, but... I think it's "Steam has claimed my life" that this topic should be renamed to.

Or... you know, since 90% of topics are locked around here nowadays, if a mod wants to lock this, that works, too.

I'mma try to catch up on BBS things now. I'mma good boy. ;_;

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-12-08 03:21:23

At 12/8/08 12:41 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 11/13/08 09:42 AM, Coop83 wrote: And although this topic has been dormant for almost a year now, I feel it must be resurrected, for I fear Greg has gone into relapse.
Almost a year meaning a couple months this time instead of half a year. THIS JOKE IS GETTING OLD, AND IT'S ONLY BEEN TOLD TWICE ON THIS PAGE OF THE TOPIC. #;-}>

Dammit, I read the date wrong - cure the early mornings!

Well, that changed in short order afterwards - I went and found myself a decent deal on a Wii for myself. I'm now online and have a small selection of games - Wii Sport, Big Brain Academy, Carnival, TMNT, SSX Blur, Metal Slug Anthology & Guiness World Records. Should be fun :)

Actually, all I do on the Wii nowadays is Mega Man 9 every now and then, and twice a month I participate in the worldwide Mario Kart tournaments, but... I think it's "Steam has claimed my life" that this topic should be renamed to.

Or... you know, since 90% of topics are locked around here nowadays, if a mod wants to lock this, that works, too.

Oh, so you're a quitter? I know I haven't been on the Wii for a couple of days now, but that's because I'm at my girlfriend's yesterday / this evening and I'm not sad enough to box the Wii up and take it with me to hers :P

Although...

Good, that should be able to keep me well above 8 replies today :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-12-09 20:30:53

At 12/8/08 12:41 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Or... you know, since 90% of topics are locked around here nowadays, if a mod wants to lock this, that works, too.

This thread has a good concersation going on so it has a smaller chance of being locked, yes that is becoming anoying that so much is being locked i think people should read the thread to see if thay have anything to post that had not been said yet.

Oh you better, i have missed you and your great personality >:) You also have to see how i have improved around here.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-12-10 07:29:25

Just so you guys know, I think that I'm going to spend a lot of Xmas fighting with my girlfriend, as there will be two controllers that we end up fighting over, because of 'lean ins' during gameplay.

Should be great fun, except on the days that I'm doing the tiling at my property investment.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-12-10 19:00:54

At 12/10/08 07:29 AM, Coop83 wrote: Just so you guys know, I think that I'm going to spend a lot of Xmas fighting with my girlfriend, as there will be two controllers that we end up fighting over, because of 'lean ins' during gameplay.

Eh, i don't have a wii. I like the ps3 much more because the games are much better in my opinion most of the wii game seem like they are made for 10 year olds. I will admit some are good, but most need some re-revising.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-12-11 04:10:59

At 12/10/08 07:00 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Eh, i don't have a wii. I like the ps3 much more because the games are much better in my opinion most of the wii game seem like they are made for 10 year olds. I will admit some are good, but most need some re-revising.

I think that there are positive and negative points for all consoles. When the SNES came out, the only good games on it in my opinion were Mario Kart and Legend of Zelda.

Now with the Wii, I can spend some of my hard earned cash over Xmas downloading some of the better games from times of yore, like Sonic.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-12-11 21:50:14

At 12/11/08 04:10 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Now with the Wii, I can spend some of my hard earned cash over Xmas downloading some of the better games from times of yore, like Sonic.

Sonic was a great game back before they made a sonic game for the ps3 that was just a disaster, i mean it reminded me of final fantasy and i just could not play it because of that. Don't ever play it, nothing like the first 3 or 4 games.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-12-16 09:08:06

At 12/8/08 03:21 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/13/08 09:42 AM, Coop83 wrote:

Lulz. Did you really mean cure there? Somehow, my brain is thinking you typoed "cue," but logic tells me "curse" would be even more likely. #;-}>

67, eh? My first Wii Sports test, back in August of 2007, was a 43. Ever since then, all have been 20-32, with my actual age 31, so that's pretty cool. Just took me 1 day to learn how not to end up like an old man on Wii Sports fitness test. #;-}>

Well, that changed in short order afterwards - I went and found myself a decent deal on a Wii for myself. I'm now online and have a small selection of games - Wii Sport, Big Brain Academy, Carnival, TMNT, SSX Blur, Metal Slug Anthology & Guiness World Records. Should be fun :)

Cool. Of those, I only have Sports, Big Brain, SSX, and Metal Slug. I have about 20 other games besides those 4, so feel free to ask me for specific opinions, if you like. Of course, if this thread is going to turn into a "Wii game rating thread," we will definitely be asked to move to the VG forum at that point. My lock request stands, moddorrinos.

Oh, so you're a quitter? I know I haven't been on the Wii for a couple of days now, but that's because I'm at my girlfriend's yesterday / this evening and I'm not sad enough to box the Wii up and take it with me to hers :P

Actually, I played 3-4 hours of GH:Aerosmith last week on two different days each, so... nifteh.

I don't see how using my Wii at least twice a month makes me a quitter, but when it comes to daily Wii Sports tests, yes, alas, I quit. I did about 300 of them in a row, sometimes changing the Wii clock to make up for one day I missed (if only NG allowed for that!), but then I lost the impetus.

Good, that should be able to keep me well above 8 replies today :P

Sadly, I doubt my own posts contributed as much to your plans as you figured they would. Still, I'm sure I helped a bit. Why is eight the magic number? O_o

At 12/8/08 03:27 AM, Rustrombone wrote: Sure the Nintendo Wii is fun, but I definitely prefer the Nintendo Poo. However I am waiting for the Nintendo Semen to come out, that looks awesome!

No no no, Nintendo Bile owns them all.

At 12/9/08 08:30 PM, idiot-buster wrote: This thread has a good concersation going on so it has a smaller chance of being locked, yes that is becoming anoying that so much is being locked i think people should read the thread to see if thay have anything to post that had not been said yet.

Every thread has the potential to become a good conversation. The most duplicative and redundant and overasked question thread on Wi/Ht? can become a hilarious off-topic (or even semi-on-topic) conversation given the right people coming into it and posting back and forth. But that's clearly not the style these days on NG BBS, at least on some of the forums within it.

Oh you better, i have missed you and your great personality >:) You also have to see how i have improved around here.

I won't consider you fully reformed until you stop being so lazy at typing well. It's "I," not "i," dude. Come on. ;_;

At 12/10/08 07:29 AM, Coop83 wrote: Just so you guys know, I think that I'm going to spend a lot of Xmas fighting with my girlfriend, as there will be two controllers that we end up fighting over, because of 'lean ins' during gameplay.

Wait, why does having two controllers breed fighting? I thought that was one controller that did that. #;-}>

BTW, if you want to find great games to play with your gf, I have a few I could recommend without even glancing at my Wii game shelf:

Kororinpa. It's a marble madness-ish game, if you remember Marble Madness from the NES days, only you steer your marble by moving the wiimote around. 2P simultaneous actions.

And, of course, WarioWare. My gf's fave Wii game, and my sister liked it a lot, too. We did some 3P on that bad boy, both serially and parallel.

At 12/11/08 04:10 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 12/10/08 07:00 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Eh, i don't have a wii. I like the ps3 much more because the games are much better in my opinion most of the wii game seem like they are made for 10 year olds. I will admit some are good, but most need some re-revising.

That's why you don't buy most of the games for the Wii, you buy the best ones (whatever age they're targetted at, IMO).

I think that there are positive and negative points for all consoles. When the SNES came out, the only good games on it in my opinion were Mario Kart and Legend of Zelda.

Don't forget F-Zero. Awesomest launch title for the Super famicom/SNES evar.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-12-16 09:18:02

At 12/16/08 09:08 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/8/08 03:21 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/13/08 09:42 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Lulz. Did you really mean cure there? Somehow, my brain is thinking you typoed "cue," but logic tells me "curse" would be even more likely. #;-}>

LOL @ Typos involving Backspace :P

67, eh? My first Wii Sports test, back in August of 2007, was a 43. Ever since then, all have been 20-32, with my actual age 31, so that's pretty cool. Just took me 1 day to learn how not to end up like an old man on Wii Sports fitness test. #;-}>

Yeah, it went down to 47, then has stabilised around mid 20s - early 30s from then onward

Cool. Of those, I only have Sports, Big Brain, SSX, and Metal Slug. I have about 20 other games besides those 4, so feel free to ask me for specific opinions, if you like. Of course, if this thread is going to turn into a "Wii game rating thread," we will definitely be asked to move to the VG forum at that point. My lock request stands, moddorrinos.

Fair enough, see you in the Wii Game Reviewers thread :P

Actually, I played 3-4 hours of GH:Aerosmith last week on two different days each, so... nifteh.

Nice - I picked up my girlfriend's brother's guitar the other night, missed a perfect of Even Flow by 2 notes on Medium, then got 56% of the way through Story of my life on Hard - my best performance by far on Hard, btw.

The guitar got put down soon afterwards :(

sometimes changing the Wii clock to make up for one day I missed (if only NG allowed for that!), but then I lost the impetus.

No, that wouldn't be cool at all - people with signup dates further back than mine can come along and absolutely sodomise me for top experience ranking positions. I'm up here with the cool kids, because I'm consistent!

Sadly, I doubt my own posts contributed as much to your plans as you figured they would. Still, I'm sure I helped a bit. Why is eight the magic number? O_o

Well, over the past year, my posts per day was dropping off, although over the past week or so, I've found a new sense of pride in my posts and I feel it necessary to be around the BBS more often, especially in the public eye.

Ooh, that sounded a bit rude :P
Wait, why does having two controllers breed fighting? I thought that was one controller that did that. #;-}>

No, she just doesn't play when there's one controller, despite me trying to convince her to join in. If we start boxing matches on the Wii, it's going to turn into a wrestling match and god only knows what will happen when we try to do SSX together :$

BTW, if you want to find great games to play with your gf, I have a few I could recommend without even glancing at my Wii game shelf:

Kororinpa. It's a marble madness-ish game, if you remember Marble Madness from the NES days, only you steer your marble by moving the wiimote around. 2P simultaneous actions.

And, of course, WarioWare. My gf's fave Wii game, and my sister liked it a lot, too. We did some 3P on that bad boy, both serially and parallel.

Hmm, I'll bear these in mind, but spending has stopped for Xmas, though I did buy myself a few games as presents for me, since I deserve them so much.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature