00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Edyborei just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life!

4,724 Views | 75 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-12 20:34:48

At 1/12/08 07:57 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 11/19/07 10:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: Then what are you waiting for? GET METROID PRIME 2! It's a brilliant game and the boss fights are epic.
Yeah, I need to. Would you say it was less/more fun than 1? What about less/more challenging? Just curious. I'm gonna get it sooner or later either way. #;-}>

METRIOD PRIME 3!!!!

I developed a more gentle swing after that, and no longer have the bowling pains.

I got tennis elbow, from playing tennis. I was a bit too crazy while playing and I didn't realised what the minimal movement.

I don't even want to imagine how long I'll be glued in front of my TV when Smash Bros comes out :0

You know we understand, gfox ;)
I'm glad someone does! SSBB oh boy oh boy oh boy...

Curse you stupid release dates..... curse you!!!!!
Stupid September. >:(

At 11/19/07 03:22 PM, NintendoMadness wrote:
At 11/19/07 01:21 PM, BlueHippo wrote: Lately I've found myself addicted to Super Mario Galaxy.
SMG is awesome. Anyone with a Wii out there and is a fan of Nintendo and dosn't have SMG, you're not a fan of Nintendo. i've already killed Bowser but havn't got all the stars.
That's a bit harsh. What if they have and love Zelda and Metroid but just aren't huge Mario fans? They're still Nintendoheads.

Well you can tell by my username I'm a bit mad about Nintendo. :P

Hey, thanks for spoiling all of us who haven't finished SMG yet about how it ends. :::rolls teh eyes::: #;-}>

It's kinda' a bit obvious that Bowser is the last boss, isn't it?
Anyways you must of completed it now?
Yes, the drought is certainly over, between those games, SSBB and Wii Fit soon hopefully.

Wii Fit is a highly antipicated for me.

I've been reading about Wii Music and Wii Chess, too.

Cheese? Wait.... chess, oh. Sounds cool havn't heard of it before.

At 1/12/08 07:55 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I didn't intend for this topic to spiral into a super-long bloggy thing, actually.

Still awesome......I'm adding your smilie so people think I'm kewl. #;-}>

I chose the latter.

Yum..... I think latter is on cake.

Whereas here on Wi/Ht?, the ratio's gotta at least be 50% or so, if not more like 75%. That's why I love this place.

And I temporally in love with you. <3

At 11/20/07 02:47 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: If gfox posted this in Genaral it wouldn't get the right users he wanted to address about his absence. Also threads get knocked off the 1st page in a day.
Well said, you silly flip-flopper you. #;-}>

I know, I flip and then I flop, kinda' gets on my nerves.

At 11/20/07 06:10 PM, Bahamut wrote: I'm glad you understood my explanation for why gfox posted here rather than the General. :) BTW, it's Bahamut, not Bahumat. :P
Bahumat... reminds me of a laundromat.

Bahamas. The puns on Bahamut.

I ended up buying around 80 bucks of NES, SNES, and N64 games in addition to buying the Internet Channel, though. Virtual Console points WELL SPENT.

My Shop Channel dosn't work. >:(

At 11/20/07 07:21 PM, AceAnimation wrote: why isn't this in general topics?
Why didn't your mother love you?

Psstt... because his user name is incorrect. :p

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-12 20:51:19

At 1/12/08 07:55 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Where is.... my interest in your opinion?

LOLOL! XD

Now now... that's not the proper response to such a potty-head... er... I mean, potty-mouth. #;-}>

I believe it was for a Wii hater. :)

That's true but kinda funny. I used to be really well known in General.

In 2003, that is. #;-}>

Wow. :O Too bad I wasn't around back then. I only knew about NG on the first week of 2004, so now I've known this place for 4 years. :)

THE GREAT BAHAMUT... master debater.

The great masturbator. O__o

Bahumat... reminds me of a laundromat.

That's funny. All it reminds me of is mats. :P

Why not just get a bundle offer?

Because we didn't feel like getting games we would never play on. Besides, that doesn't matter now since I now have the goddamn Wii. :D And speaking of the Wii, I'm playing on it right now upstairs. And before I go and play on Zelda: Twilight Princess, why don't I post here that's to do with the Wii and taking over your life?

Okay, these posts by Nick, Nintendo, and Bahamut with the fighting and the funnies are great and all, but they're a bit off-topic... even for such a pointless thread as THIS one, so let's all ease up a bit, eh?

I only did a bit of fighting with NickScott for calling the Wii shite and NintendoMadness for misspelling my name. Oh well, at least I have one of the easily mispelt names on this site. XD

I ended up buying around 80 bucks of NES, SNES, and N64 games in addition to buying the Internet Channel, though. Virtual Console points WELL SPENT.

I haven't tried the Virtual Shop yet. I would get some stuff on it, but the problem is that I'm not 18 yet. I dunno what Nintendo will do to someone 6 months short of that age.

At 11/20/07 07:21 PM, AceAnimation wrote: why isn't this in general topics?
Why didn't your mother love you?

Why am I random?

At 1/12/08 07:57 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Yeah, I need to. Would you say it was less/more fun than 1? What about less/more challenging? Just curious. I'm gonna get it sooner or later either way. #;-}>

More or less fun than the first one? That's a tough one. I'll have to say it's just as fun. Also, it's definitely more challenging than the first one.

What's evil about SA?

IT ENCOURAGES MURDER!!!1 lol Jack Thompson. But really, I just don't like the concept of the game, and we've talked about my unlikage to GTA before.

.... Yeah. Sorry. ;_;

Oh well. No need to worry about the horror of trying to get a console. Now I need to worry about the horror of getting 4 Wii remotes and nunchucks (so far, I have 2 wii remotes and 1 nunchuck). These 4 controllers will be handy when I have friends around.

I'm glad someone does! SSBB oh boy oh boy oh boy...

You Americans are so lucky to get that game months before us Europeans get it.

That's a bit harsh. What if they have and love Zelda and Metroid but just aren't huge Mario fans? They're still Nintendoheads.

One of my friends used to like Mario, but now she hates the series and wished "someone killed the fat bastard". XD

I've been reading about Wii Music and Wii Chess, too. I can't wait for all these games. RELEASE NOW, NINTENDO. RELEASE NOW, MOFOs.

Oh, I thought Wii Music was already out. I assumed that because I see a Wii video at one game shop I go to that shows people playing on Wii Music.

At 1/12/08 08:34 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: METRIOD PRIME 3!!!!

I believe he already has that.

I got tennis elbow, from playing tennis. I was a bit too crazy while playing and I didn't realised what the minimal movement.

I get tired as fuck after playing one game of Boxing. That's depends on when my opponent gets knocked out. I was lucky one time when I beat the crap out of my opponent and he knocked out on the first round. What got me a bit nuts was when my friend said that my opponent looked like George Lucas. I was then like "I'M GONNA BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!! THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR ALL THOSE LAME STAR WARS JOKES!! >=("

Curse you stupid release dates..... curse you!!!!!
Stupid September. >:(

Are you sure it's September? If it is, then I will want to lynch those responsible for making us wait longer than in other countries.

Bahamas. The puns on Bahamut.

WHOA! We're going to Bahamas!

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-12 23:29:54

At 1/12/08 08:34 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: METRIOD PRIME 3!!!!

Yes. I already have it. I was asking about 2, not 3. O_o

I developed a more gentle swing after that, and no longer have the bowling pains.

Eh, I can play tennis miminal-style OR like real tennis, either way doesn't cause me pains. One just burns more calories.

Each time tennis comes up in my daily fitness test, I am so happy. I can do the 50 returns with 1 or 2 misses at most without fail, sometimes perfect. I can do the 40 or so shots into the red target zone with 1 miss at most, sometimes perfect. And I do the round target practice with 10 shots perfect 99% of the time.

Well you can tell by my username I'm a bit mad about Nintendo. :P

Of course, but Mario isn't the only part of the Nintendo franchise, that's all I was saying.

Hey, thanks for spoiling all of us who haven't finished SMG yet about how it ends. :::rolls teh eyes::: #;-}>
It's kinda' a bit obvious that Bowser is the last boss, isn't it?

Sure, but KILLING him? That seems very un-SMB, so it was kinda a spoiler. If you'd just said "beat" or "defeated," I wouldn't have said anything, cause... well, duh. #;-}>

Anyways you must of completed it now?
Yes, the drought is certainly over, between those games, SSBB and Wii Fit soon hopefully.

Nope, I've only done a few planets from the observatory near the start of the game, too busy with GH3, SSX, WarioWare with my gf, etc.

Wii Fit is a highly antipicated for me.

Yep, it'll be nifty.

I've been reading about Wii Music and Wii Chess, too.
Cheese? Wait.... chess, oh. Sounds cool havn't heard of it before.

1P, multiplayer, and online play. It's gonna rock.

You can play like 40 music instruments in the Music one.

Still awesome......I'm adding your smilie so people think I'm kewl. #;-}>

O_o

And I temporally in love with you. <3

BonusStage? Iz that you??? :::rubbing bleary eyes:::

My Shop Channel dosn't work. >:(

Ooops.

At 1/12/08 08:51 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/12/08 07:55 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Where is.... my interest in your opinion?
LOLOL! XD

Yeah, that was pretty good for something I thought up in about 5 seconds, eh? The "How to" was tougher, because I would have had a nice simple comeback if it was just "How..." but the "to" fucked up my first couple of ideas.

I believe it was for a Wii hater. :)

Sure, but still. We should try to CONVERT him to the Wii side, my friend. Better to convert than destroy, is it not? Subtract one from their forces and ADD one to ours. MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow. :O Too bad I wasn't around back then. I only knew about NG on the first week of 2004, so now I've known this place for 4 years. :)

Oh wells, you missed out.

THE GREAT BAHAMUT... master debater.
The great masturbator. O__o

That's what you were supposed to think of, yes. Congratulations!

Because we didn't feel like getting games we would never play on. Besides, that doesn't matter now since I now have the goddamn Wii. :D And speaking of the Wii, I'm playing on it right now upstairs. And before I go and play on Zelda: Twilight Princess, why don't I post here that's to do with the Wii and taking over your life?

Oh good. Glad you rectified that problem.

How far are you in Zelda? % wise, I mean, don't spoil teh folks.

I'd say I'm about 60-70% done, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, I played it all September long, then stopped in October.

I haven't tried the Virtual Shop yet. I would get some stuff on it, but the problem is that I'm not 18 yet. I dunno what Nintendo will do to someone 6 months short of that age.

Ummm... not care if you have payment method from your parents?

Why am I random?

Because we love you that way.

More or less fun than the first one? That's a tough one. I'll have to say it's just as fun. Also, it's definitely more challenging than the first one.

Ohhhh boy. Meaning it'll take me longer to finish it. Maybe I should just play 3 first and get 2 someday in the future. #;-}>

What's evil about SA?
IT ENCOURAGES MURDER!!!1 lol Jack Thompson. But really, I just don't like the concept of the game, and we've talked about my unlikage to GTA before.

Eh. GTA: Vice City and GTA: Vice City Stories are two of the main games I still play on the PS2 from time to time. Along with such late greats in the system's life as Okami, Bully, Final Fantasy XII, both Katamari games for it, all three GHs I have for it, and.... yep, that's about it. Well, and GTA: SA, of course.

Oh well. No need to worry about the horror of trying to get a console. Now I need to worry about the horror of getting 4 Wii remotes and nunchucks (so far, I have 2 wii remotes and 1 nunchuck). These 4 controllers will be handy when I have friends around.

My gf, myself, my mom, and my dad all have 1 remote and 1 nunchaku each. 2 of each are here with me and my gf, 2 are with my parents at their place. So if the families are getting together, we go with all 4, but usually it's just 2.

The only way I'll personally get 4 motes is if: A) motes start malfunctioning and backups are needed... or B) a game such as Wii Music (where you can drum with two motes at a time) is 2P and thus you need 4 to have full funs.

You Americans are so lucky to get that game months before us Europeans get it.

We still have to wait longer than the Japanese, so relax. Hell, they've already had WiiFit for a month.

I've been reading about Wii Music and Wii Chess, too. I can't wait for all these games. RELEASE NOW, NINTENDO. RELEASE NOW, MOFOs.
Oh, I thought Wii Music was already out. I assumed that because I see a Wii video at one game shop I go to that shows people playing on Wii Music.

I think there's a game that's coming out in Europe before everywhere else, it might be that one. I was reading about them all on wikipedia. Check it yourself, there's a game I've been talking about in these posts in here today that it says "January release" for EU, and for JP, NA, and AU it says "TBA."

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-13 10:04:53

At 1/12/08 11:29 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Sure, but still. We should try to CONVERT him to the Wii side, my friend. Better to convert than destroy, is it not? Subtract one from their forces and ADD one to ours. MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

But if he continues to hate the Wii, we might as well destroy.

But I haven't missed too much since I knew about this site. I've witnessed cool things here. :)

That's what you were supposed to think of, yes. Congratulations!

Wow.

I dunno about the %, but I'm about 9 hours in.

Ummm... not care if you have payment method from your parents?

I was thinking of asking my parents. There should be no problem with asking them to get something on there.

Why am I random?

Why do batteries taste nice?

Ohhhh boy. Meaning it'll take me longer to finish it. Maybe I should just play 3 first and get 2 someday in the future. #;-}>

Why not get 2 now and paly on 3 when you beat 2? It would make sense to play it chronologically.

We still have to wait longer than the Japanese, so relax. Hell, they've already had WiiFit for a month.

But longer than US!!

I think there's a game that's coming out in Europe before everywhere else, it might be that one. I was reading about them all on wikipedia. Check it yourself, there's a game I've been talking about in these posts in here today that it says "January release" for EU, and for JP, NA, and AU it says "TBA."

Wow, for once, Nintendo aren't putting us behind. Still, I demand SSBB to come out sooner here.

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-13 11:43:40

Sounds like you made a sound investment there Gfoxcook. :) The Wii sure seems like a revolutionary console with much potential. I can imagine a few people out there, starting their day with a wii fitness session.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-16 23:24:18

At 1/13/08 10:04 AM, Bahamut wrote: But if he continues to hate the Wii, we might as well destroy.

Very well, Emperor... but first, let me try again to turn him...

But I haven't missed too much since I knew about this site. I've witnessed cool things here. :)

Only me being in active in General, yep. And don't worry, I was joking when I said you missed out on it. It wasn't much to miss. #;-}>

I dunno about the %, but I'm about 9 hours in.

Well, that could be any range of %s.... I think I'm like 30 hours in, but I tend to spend more time doing shit in RPGs than the usual user, as you might well remember from my 320 hours in FFXII.

That said, Zelda isn't exactly an RPG, either, so.... probably not THAT much over what others would be at.

Why am I random?
Why do batteries taste nice?

Because they're made of metal, and metal tastes good if you have certain mineral deficiencies, I've heard. For instance, I loved the taste of nuts and bolts as a child. This probably means I had an iron deficiency. :::nods:::

And ah yes... the coppery taste of blood in your mouth.

YOUR OWN BLOOD, silly. #;-}>

Why not get 2 now and paly on 3 when you beat 2? It would make sense to play it chronologically.

Yeah, but... free time... so lacking. No time to play the entire Metroid Prime 2 anytime soon, so...

But longer than US!!

Yeah yeah... you be such a whiner sometimes, my good sir.

Wow, for once, Nintendo aren't putting us behind. Still, I demand SSBB to come out sooner here.

Yeah, I can imagine you'd rather have SSBB sooner than Wii Music. #;-}>

At 1/13/08 11:43 AM, BR wrote: Sounds like you made a sound investment there Gfoxcook. :) The Wii sure seems like a revolutionary console with much potential. I can imagine a few people out there, starting their day with a wii fitness session.

I actually tend to end mine with my Wii Sports fitness test o' the day. But yep... I've already played my Wii more hours in just 4.5 months of ownership than any console I've ever had since the SNES and NES, probably. i.e. more than the Dreamcast, PSX, PS2, and Gamecube.

Note: probably.... maybe not more than the original Playstation yet, come to think of it. But probably more than all the others, except for the 320 hours of FFXII on PS2, come to think of it... ARGH. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-17 21:10:30

At 1/16/08 11:24 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Very well, Emperor... but first, let me try again to turn him...

Ok, fine. Heh, Emperor Dragon.

Only me being in active in General, yep. And don't worry, I was joking when I said you missed out on it. It wasn't much to miss. #;-}>

Well, I wasn't here when NG turned 10 years old nor was I here when the redesign just launched. :(

Well, that could be any range of %s.... I think I'm like 30 hours in, but I tend to spend more time doing shit in RPGs than the usual user, as you might well remember from my 320 hours in FFXII.

I cannot predict how far I am into the game, but to make it easier, I have just got the second full heart. And of course I remember how much you spent on FFXII. 320 hours when I spent only a quarter of that. So that's where you disappeared to for so many years. :P

That said, Zelda isn't exactly an RPG, either, so.... probably not THAT much over what others would be at.

I'd say it's a mix of adventure and RPG.

Because they're made of metal, and metal tastes good if you have certain mineral deficiencies, I've heard. For instance, I loved the taste of nuts and bolts as a child. This probably means I had an iron deficiency. :::nods:::

And you can't forget how great it sounds! :D

Ever tried eating a battery? XD

Yeah, but... free time... so lacking. No time to play the entire Metroid Prime 2 anytime soon, so...

But you have time to play on Metroid Prime 3?

But it's not fair. IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR!!

Who doesn't? Oh yeah, some kid on YouTube calling it the "worst game ever". :P I'd post the link to the video, but I can't find it now.

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-18 02:48:50

Right there with ya buddy. at least somewhat.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-19 19:27:09

At 1/17/08 09:10 PM, Bahamut wrote: Ok, fine. Heh, Emperor Dragon.

No no, Emperor Palpymut.

Well, I wasn't here when NG turned 10 years old nor was I here when the redesign just launched. :(

When did NG turn 10 years old exactly, and how on earth weren't you here for it? I thought Tom started NG in 94 or 95, so weren't you here? You have a 04 signup date... WTF?

And the redesign.... that was just last summer. You mean you weren't ACTIVE, then?

I cannot predict how far I am into the game, but to make it easier, I have just got the second full heart. And of course I remember how much you spent on FFXII. 320 hours when I spent only a quarter of that. So that's where you disappeared to for so many years. :P

2nd full heart. Fuck, I haven't played in so long I can't remember how many extra hearts I got. I think you get what... one for each boss, and then the quarters or fifths or whatever they are you find around the world. I think I have 4 or 5 from bosses and 2 or 3 or 4 from collecting the pieces.

I'd say it's a mix of adventure and RPG.

I just mean that since you can't sit there leveling, it's not as grindworthy, and thus I wouldn't spend 10 gamehours without advancing the plot even one inch like I did all the time with FFXII. #;-}>

Ever tried eating a battery? XD

Noe. Because thems got acids.

But you have time to play on Metroid Prime 3?

I've said quite clearly in this topic I've only ever played like 2 hours of 3. I just tried it out, basically, after buying it. I haven't had time, nor the inclination, to get deep into it. But partly that's because I'm still undecided on what to do about the whole "should I get 2 first or not" question. If I decided against that and just started playing 3 again, sure I could spare some time for 3.

But to try and hurry through ALL of 2 just so I can play some 3 without getting spoiled?

Yeah, maybe if I quit my job and game 20 hours per day. O_O

But it's not fair. IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR!!

Yeah, yeah. Neither is me not getting to play games and use the internet 4 hours every day at work like some folks get to, but GET OVER IT. #;-}>

Who doesn't? Oh yeah, some kid on YouTube calling it the "worst game ever". :P I'd post the link to the video, but I can't find it now.

Some kid on YT called.... Wii Music the worst? Or SSBB? God, I hope it was the former.

No wait, I hope it was the latter, because then the comments in reply to that would be fucking hilarious to read. SUPER FLAME FEST.

Find that link, mofo.

At 1/18/08 02:48 AM, Molotov wrote: Right there with ya buddy. at least somewhat.

I KNEW IT! I'm not alone.

Thanks, X-Naut! #;-}>

IT'S GOOD TO HAVE YOU WITH US.... EVEN IF IT'S JUST FOR THE DAY... OUTSIDE THE SUN IS SHINING... SEEMS LIKE HEAVEN AIN'T FAR AWAY...

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-19 21:38:49

At 1/19/08 07:27 PM, gfoxcook wrote: No no, Emperor Palpymut.

What the fuck is palpy? I get the mut part, though.

When did NG turn 10 years old exactly, and how on earth weren't you here for it? I thought Tom started NG in 94 or 95, so weren't you here? You have a 04 signup date... WTF?

I meant I couldn't witness the day NG turned 10, which was on 7th July 2005. At that time, I was on holiday in Turkey. I would have went on the Internet cafe at that time, but sadly, the hotel lost their Internet for a week while I was there. :(

And the redesign.... that was just last summer. You mean you weren't ACTIVE, then?

That's right. I way away in Cuba. I could have witnessed the day the redesign was launched, but I was unaware of when it would be up. I did see a bit of it when I was there, but because the Internet there was so fucking shit, I could only see backgroundless and level icons.

2nd full heart. Fuck, I haven't played in so long I can't remember how many extra hearts I got. I think you get what... one for each boss, and then the quarters or fifths or whatever they are you find around the world. I think I have 4 or 5 from bosses and 2 or 3 or 4 from collecting the pieces.

So I've defeated 2 bosses so far. I only have about 3 heart pieces so far. :(

I just mean that since you can't sit there leveling, it's not as grindworthy, and thus I wouldn't spend 10 gamehours without advancing the plot even one inch like I did all the time with FFXII. #;-}>

I get you there, but the way you talk to people on the Zelda games do feel RPG-ish.

That's too bad. My friend often says that batteries taste nice.

Maybe I could take over your job and you can relax at home playing on your games, posting on the BBS, seeing your girlfriend and trying to get 36k saves. XD

Find that link, mofo.

Here it is! I'm only replying to this one post of yours tonight just to give you that link. I'll be replying to the rest of your posts tomorrow. Anyway, about that SSBB hater, I decided to check out his profile and he's talked about how Super Mario Bros. and Halo suck. Those videos made me think he's a very very poor AVGN rip off.

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-20 03:36:00

At 1/19/08 09:38 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/19/08 07:27 PM, gfoxcook wrote: No no, Emperor Palpymut.
What the fuck is palpy? I get the mut part, though.

Would it have helped if I'd termed you Emperor Palpamut?

Dude, Star Wars much? Palpatine is the name of the Emperor in Star Wars. Hence, Palpymut is an overly cute way of merging you and his name together to create a horrible hybrid name. Aye.

I was doing a Star Wars vibe the whole way through that convo, so I thought you'd pick up on that. If you did pick up on that vibe but still don't know Palpymut = Palpatine + Bahamut... then... I dunno what to say, man. ;_;

I meant I couldn't witness the day NG turned 10, which was on 7th July 2005. At that time, I was on holiday in Turkey. I would have went on the Internet cafe at that time, but sadly, the hotel lost their Internet for a week while I was there. :(

Oh.

That's right. I way away in Cuba. I could have witnessed the day the redesign was launched, but I was unaware of when it would be up. I did see a bit of it when I was there, but because the Internet there was so fucking shit, I could only see backgroundless and level icons.

You and your damned vacations. #;-}>

So I've defeated 2 bosses so far. I only have about 3 heart pieces so far. :(

OH NOE. Get more hearts! YOU NEEDS THEM.

I get you there, but the way you talk to people on the Zelda games do feel RPG-ish.

Sure. But that's just one aspect.

That's too bad. My friend often says that batteries taste nice.

I'll take his word for it.

Maybe I could take over your job and you can relax at home playing on your games, posting on the BBS, seeing your girlfriend and trying to get 36k saves. XD

Sounds good, except you'll probably want to split the money up or some shit. 70gfox/30bahamut split, you got a deal. Anything less than that... NO DEAL. #;-}>

Find that link, mofo.
Here it is! I'm only replying to this one post of yours tonight just to give you that link. I'll be replying to the rest of your posts tomorrow. Anyway, about that SSBB hater, I decided to check out his profile and he's talked about how Super Mario Bros. and Halo suck. Those videos made me think he's a very very poor AVGN rip off.

Awesome.

I didn't listen to all of the kid's rant, I mostly read some of the comments. Someone called him Chad Jr. after that PS "Triple" guy. So funny. And the whole him loving Master Chief/Halo and bitching about SSBB not having him when I knew going into the vid, thanks to your bit up there about him saying Halo sucks.... I knew instantly he was full of shit somewhere along the way. Just trolling YouTube.

And from the looks of about 20-30 comments, it worked brilliantly! He's got people flagging his video. Why? Not sure. Heh.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-20 09:34:28

At 1/20/08 03:36 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Dude, Star Wars much? Palpatine is the name of the Emperor in Star Wars. Hence, Palpymut is an overly cute way of merging you and his name together to create a horrible hybrid name. Aye.

Hahahaha. Did you know that I still haven't watched the old Star Wars trilogy? XD That's why I didn't get it.

Oh.

Not much I could do, but at least the holiday was still good. ^^

You and your damned vacations. #;-}>

Blame my mum. She works at a travel agent, so we get holidays cheaper, although I'm not so keen on certain holidays anymore. After going to Cuba, I don't feel like going to extremely hot places anymore. I really can't stand being out in the blazing sun in those sort of places now. Somewhere like Florida would be fine since there's theme parks to go to, but relaxation holidays I'm not so keen on now. However, I would like to have a Winter holiday sometime. That's something I need to experience. ^^

OH NOE. Get more hearts! YOU NEEDS THEM.

If I can find those mofos.

Better than nothing, right?

I'll take his word for it.

LOLOL! Also, we recently started calling him Polo. :)

Sounds good, except you'll probably want to split the money up or some shit. 70gfox/30bahamut split, you got a deal. Anything less than that... NO DEAL. #;-}>

OK, that's fine. I at least have something to do, get some money and you can do loads of things while I take your place. :D

I didn't listen to all of the kid's rant, I mostly read some of the comments. Someone called him Chad Jr. after that PS "Triple" guy. So funny. And the whole him loving Master Chief/Halo and bitching about SSBB not having him when I knew going into the vid, thanks to your bit up there about him saying Halo sucks.... I knew instantly he was full of shit somewhere along the way. Just trolling YouTube.

lol, yeah. He succeeded very well on trolling on YouTube, but that's fine since 90% of the community is shit. Also, I noticed he's made some GTA videos, so I wonder what would happen if he ever saw my GTA quiz. XD

And from the looks of about 20-30 comments, it worked brilliantly! He's got people flagging his video. Why? Not sure. Heh.

Because people think the video shouldn't be there when all it was doing is trolling. It's too obvious if you look at his other videos.

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-21 02:55:06

At 1/20/08 09:34 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/20/08 03:36 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Dude, Star Wars much? Palpatine is the name of the Emperor in Star Wars. Hence, Palpymut is an overly cute way of merging you and his name together to create a horrible hybrid name. Aye.
Hahahaha. Did you know that I still haven't watched the old Star Wars trilogy? XD That's why I didn't get it.

That's a bullshit excuse, man. Um, hello? Palpatine was in all three of the new Star Wars trilogy movies, too. He just wasn't Emperor yet. You know, the old dude who talks with Anakin at the end of the first movie, and has been being sneaky all movie long with Padme and all? Senator Palpatine? Later Chancellor Palpatine, IIRC? Then he duels with Yoda in Attack of the Clones, and I don't need to tell you about his role completing Anakin's fall to the dark side in Ep 3....

Blame my mum. She works at a travel agent, so we get holidays cheaper, although I'm not so keen on certain holidays anymore. After going to Cuba, I don't feel like going to extremely hot places anymore. I really can't stand being out in the blazing sun in those sort of places now. Somewhere like Florida would be fine since there's theme parks to go to, but relaxation holidays I'm not so keen on now. However, I would like to have a Winter holiday sometime. That's something I need to experience. ^^

Yeah, but apparently according to you everything good on NG happens during the summers, and you're always on vacations RIGHT THEN. You should go on holidays only during the winter then, instead of the summer. #;-}>

I don't like hot places that much either, so yeah... glad to see we're on the same page there. Cold is where it's at!

Sure, but RPGs aren't the only fun type of video game, either.

OK, that's fine. I at least have something to do, get some money and you can do loads of things while I take your place. :D

Yeah, but you'd have to move down here and also convince people at my job that you're me. Both involve a lot of time, money, and/or effort. Oh wells.

lol, yeah. He succeeded very well on trolling on YouTube, but that's fine since 90% of the community is shit. Also, I noticed he's made some GTA videos, so I wonder what would happen if he ever saw my GTA quiz. XD

YouTube is wayyyyy too easily trolled.

Because people think the video shouldn't be there when all it was doing is trolling. It's too obvious if you look at his other videos.

Well I know all he was doing is trolling, but he didn't seem to be breaking any rules while doing so... then again, I'll admit I'm not as well-versed on the rules of YT as I am of NG.

Sure, his video was full of lies and silliness, but so are tons of YT videos that aren't being flagged and taken off the site. I think he's an idiot, but I think the video's hilarious, so that's why I'm against it being flagged, that's all. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-21 02:56:52

At 1/20/08 09:34 AM, Bahamut wrote:

That's a bullshit excuse, man. Um, hello? Palpatine was in all three of the new Star Wars trilogy movies, too. He just wasn't Emperor yet. You know, the old dude who talks with Anakin at the end of the first movie, and has been being sneaky all movie long with Padme and all? Senator Palpatine? Later Chancellor Palpatine, IIRC? Then he duels with Yoda in Attack of the Clones, and I don't need to tell you about his role completing Anakin's fall to the dark side in Ep 3....

Yeah, but apparently according to you everything good on NG happens during the summers, and you're always on vacations RIGHT THEN. You should go on holidays only during the winter then, instead of the summer. #;-}>

I don't like hot places that much either, so yeah... glad to see we're on the same page there. Cold is where it's at!

Yeah, but you'd have to move down here and also convince people at my job that you're me. Both involve a lot of time, money, and/or effort. Oh wells.

Well I know all he was doing is trolling, but he didn't seem to be breaking any rules while doing so... then again, I'll admit I'm not as well-versed on the rules of YT as I am of NG.

Sure, his video was full of lies and silliness, but so are tons of YT videos that aren't being flagged and taken off the site. I think he's an idiot, but I think the video's hilarious, so that's why I'm against it being flagged, that's all. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-21 09:10:41

At 1/21/08 02:55 AM, gfoxcook wrote: That's a bullshit excuse, man. Um, hello? Palpatine was in all three of the new Star Wars trilogy movies, too. He just wasn't Emperor yet. You know, the old dude who talks with Anakin at the end of the first movie, and has been being sneaky all movie long with Padme and all? Senator Palpatine? Later Chancellor Palpatine, IIRC? Then he duels with Yoda in Attack of the Clones, and I don't need to tell you about his role completing Anakin's fall to the dark side in Ep 3....

Oh yeah, I remember who now. I can remember the end of Attack of the Clones and when he was on episode 3.

Did anything good happen on NG at the beginning of July in 2006? If not, then I'm lucky. I went to Portugal and the first day we were there, the World Cup football match with England vs Portugal was on. After the match, it was chaos. The vehicles there were beeping their horns for hours! Now Portugal had reasonable weather. It was quite hot, but not too hot where I wanted to avoid the heat as much as I can.

Yeah, I gotta experience Winter holidays sometime. You know, Skiing, snowboarding and seeing tons and tons of snow (which I rarely see here), it sounds so much fun.

Of course, Metroid isn't RPG, but the games are still great!

Let's see...Moving to America, that'd be tough. Trying to convince them that you're me...I can always put a gfox smiley mask on my face, right?

And I thought NG was very trollable.

I don't think his videos deserve flagging. The only thing that I wish is to make the videos itself more amusing, because just listening to the voice isn't much for a "video".

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-26 19:58:48

Well, this topic is once again accurate. While I had intended to do some mid-week posting in here, each night I ended up doing other things... spending time with my gf, watching TV, news, etc... getting caught in Wiki-traps... what not...

but also, of course, playing on teh Wii. Mostly GH3.

I'm now at 3645 groupies on guitarhero.com, I'm ranked in the top 800 on the Wii, and... well, I've finally encountered my first "can't get past songs without failing them the first few attempts" roadblock: Tier 7 on expert.

I have no hope of ever being able to pass Raining Blood and One on Tier 8, but I was hoping to at least get through Tier 7.... that is now looking quite difficult, when I can only make it 60% through Before I Forget. Oh wells. :::playing lots of bonus songs on Hard and Expert... getting super-high scores on TTFAF on Medium and starting to get better at it on Hard... and improving my scores on my fave songs in Expert (When You Were Young, Paranoid, Barracuda, Cherub Rock, Bulls on Parade, Sabotage, Even Flow, et al)...

ROCK ON.

At 1/21/08 09:10 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/21/08 02:55 AM, gfoxcook wrote:

Sorry for the doublepost, BTW, folks. I had a ton of tabs open that night, and when I posted that post, it gave me an error message that made it sound like the post hadn't gone through. So I hit post again, got the error message again.... so I just quit out of my browser, restarted, and then saw both posts HAD gone through. Stupid-ass inaccurate error messages...

Oh yeah, I remember who now. I can remember the end of Attack of the Clones and when he was on episode 3.

Thank the maker. Sheesh. #;-}>

Go watch some original Star Wars movies, BTW. Aside from graphically, they are superior in every way.

Did anything good happen on NG at the beginning of July in 2006? If not, then I'm lucky. I went to Portugal and the first day we were there, the World Cup football match with England vs Portugal was on. After the match, it was chaos. The vehicles there were beeping their horns for hours! Now Portugal had reasonable weather. It was quite hot, but not too hot where I wanted to avoid the heat as much as I can.

Hey, foreign trips during World Cup fever's a great excuse for missing out on NG funs, anyway. Sounds like a blast.

Yeah, I gotta experience Winter holidays sometime. You know, Skiing, snowboarding and seeing tons and tons of snow (which I rarely see here), it sounds so much fun.

Sure, skiing and snowboarding.... but mostly just snowball fights and sledding. That's where it's at.

Of course, Metroid isn't RPG, but the games are still great!

You were starting to talk like RPGs were the end-all, be-all of games, that's all. #;-}>

I don't think his videos deserve flagging. The only thing that I wish is to make the videos itself more amusing, because just listening to the voice isn't much for a "video".

True enough. I guess I should have said "aurally amusing," then, since I was only referring to his silly-talk voice, yep, not to the visuals at all.

He should be on YouRadio, not YouTube, IOW, with his current shtick. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-27 11:37:36

At 1/26/08 07:58 PM, gfoxcook wrote: but also, of course, playing on teh Wii. Mostly GH3.

As long as the wireless connection doesn't work upstairs, I will not be playing on the Wii much. Although the Internet connection upstairs isn't using my own, but rather someone else's (hey, it's their fault for not adding a WEP key to their wireless), I still use it to be on the Internet AND play on the Wii.

I'm now at 3645 groupies on guitarhero.com, I'm ranked in the top 800 on the Wii, and... well, I've finally encountered my first "can't get past songs without failing them the first few attempts" roadblock: Tier 7 on expert.

I heard Crackman was on the top spot of Hard mode for Guitar Hero II. :)

Thank the maker. Sheesh. #;-}>

THANK YOU.

Go watch some original Star Wars movies, BTW. Aside from graphically, they are superior in every way.

Maybe when they appear on Sky Movies next time.

Hey, foreign trips during World Cup fever's a great excuse for missing out on NG funs, anyway. Sounds like a blast.

What was more amusing about the 2006 World cup was the final with Zidane headbutting. That was so awesome, I had to MADE A FLASH ABOUT IT!!!1 =O

Sure, skiing and snowboarding.... but mostly just snowball fights and sledding. That's where it's at.

Skiing FTW! Speaking of holidays, my mum has thought about her, me and my dad to go to Cyprus this year for a week. She has thought about going there in June. However, I'm unsure about this for 2 reasons:

1. Around when mum plans to go, my sister will be going to Burma for a week with her boyfriend, so she won't be with us. I know things could be like this for other holidays, but I really wish she could be with us this time.
2. TEMPERATURE! If it's as hot as Cuba, then forget it.

However, from what I've heard from my mum, Cyprus has lots of water parks which make the ones in Walt Disney World Florida crap. That's given me interest and it's only a week, which is a more reasonable amount of time than the fortnight at Cuba.

True enough. I guess I should have said "aurally amusing," then, since I was only referring to his silly-talk voice, yep, not to the visuals at all.

Speaking of troll videos, I saw this insulting Newgrounds. WARNING: Contains awful sound.

He should be on YouRadio, not YouTube, IOW, with his current shtick. #;-}>

Or YouNoob. XD Now I wonder what would happen if someone made a video saying "YouTube sucks".

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-01-31 23:11:53

At 1/27/08 11:37 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/26/08 07:58 PM, gfoxcook wrote: but also, of course, playing on teh Wii. Mostly GH3.
As long as the wireless connection doesn't work upstairs, I will not be playing on the Wii much. Although the Internet connection upstairs isn't using my own, but rather someone else's (hey, it's their fault for not adding a WEP key to their wireless), I still use it to be on the Internet AND play on the Wii.

Wait, you say the wireless isn't working upstairs, but you also said "the internet connection upstairs." Those two statements seem to contradict each other. O_O

If you're bogarting someone else's wireless due to them not securing it enough (mine's secured, BTW, so I agree with you... use a key or you're sharing it, basically) for your computer, why not just move your Wii to the same space so it can use it too?

Also, why do you need the internet to play the Wii? Most of the stuff I do on the Wii is non-internet, aside from GH3 rankings uploading to GH.com automatically, which I do enjoy.

I heard Crackman was on the top spot of Hard mode for Guitar Hero II. :)

I dunno. But I do know I'm up to 4200+ groupies, I'm ranked #490 or so, broke into the top 500 on the Wii... and I'm ranked #18 in my tourgroup, Legends of Wii.

All from doing bonus songs on medium, hard, and some on expert.

By the time I've finished all the bonus songs (Except TTFAF on hard/expert and maybe FCPREMIX on expert, as I can only manage 3 stars on hard, and that's not a good indicator for my success on expert), I'll have broken well past 5000 groupies, and probably into the top 200.

Oh, and I've added a second expert FC to my list after When You Were Young (which the playing of in GH3 turned me into a Killers fan who now owns all three of their albums, BTW).... Closer by Lacuna Coil. FCed both songs on all four difficulties, in fact.

I am like 1 or 2 notes (always different ones) away from FC'ing Generation Rock by Revolverheld as well, on expert. Got it on hard with no problem.

Maybe when they appear on Sky Movies next time.

YOU BETTER.

What was more amusing about the 2006 World cup was the final with Zidane headbutting. That was so awesome, I had to MADE A FLASH ABOUT IT!!!1 =O

Zinedane Zidane Zippity Zoo-Zah!

1. Around when mum plans to go, my sister will be going to Burma for a week with her boyfriend, so she won't be with us. I know things could be like this for other holidays, but I really wish she could be with us this time.
2. TEMPERATURE! If it's as hot as Cuba, then forget it.

I'm sure it's more mild than Cuba. Mediterranean > Caribbean in terms of climate, from what I've heard.

Speaking of troll videos, I saw this insulting Newgrounds. WARNING: Contains awful sound.

I'll check it out later, got too many tabs open right now.

Or YouNoob. XD Now I wonder what would happen if someone made a video saying "YouTube sucks".

Hahahah. I'm sure it's been done.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-02-01 09:11:04

I think this thread has now become a Bahamut and gfox only lounge. XD

At 1/31/08 11:11 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Wait, you say the wireless isn't working upstairs, but you also said "the internet connection upstairs." Those two statements seem to contradict each other. O_O

The Internet connection upstairs had problems the other night, so I just went back downstairs to use the computer down here, which is faster and better than the piece of shit upstairs. Seriously, the computer upstairs is so bad, it crashed when I tried to run the original Rollercoaster Tycoon game. The Windows 98 computer I had ran the program a lot better than that. At least the computer is good enough to run Newgrounds.

If you're bogarting someone else's wireless due to them not securing it enough (mine's secured, BTW, so I agree with you... use a key or you're sharing it, basically) for your computer, why not just move your Wii to the same space so it can use it too?

Do you mean moving the Wii downstairs? Nah, I can't since the TV in the conservatory is in use a lot by my dad who mainly uses it to watch tons of old films and programs on Dave.

The Wii can connect to wireless fine, it's just the Internet connection of the wireless was having problems the other night. It's fine now, however.

Also, why do you need the internet to play the Wii? Most of the stuff I do on the Wii is non-internet, aside from GH3 rankings uploading to GH.com automatically, which I do enjoy.

I like to play on the Wii AND be able to go on the Internet at the same time. So if someone is talking to me on MSN, I'll be there to talk to them. Also, I'd be checking the BBS to see if anyone has made any new posts in the Wi/Ht? forum.

I dunno. But I do know I'm up to 4200+ groupies, I'm ranked #490 or so, broke into the top 500 on the Wii... and I'm ranked #18 in my tourgroup, Legends of Wii.

Tourgroup, eh? I'm a bit unfamiliar with this stuff. I really need to get Guitar Hero III, but I wish the other games were available for the Wii too.

Try more expert. ;)

Oh, and I've added a second expert FC to my list after When You Were Young (which the playing of in GH3 turned me into a Killers fan who now owns all three of their albums, BTW).... Closer by Lacuna Coil. FCed both songs on all four difficulties, in fact.

I've listened to some songs by The Killers and I'm not too keen on them. I don't hate them or anything, their music just ain't my forté.

YOU BETTER.

We'll see......

Zinedane Zidane Zippity Zoo-Zah!

And I'm pretty stubborn regarding Zidane N' Zidane 02. I will not make it until something else happens to Zinedine Zidane and/or there's a remake or a sequel to FFIX. I'd say a remake is the likeliest thing to happen since Square finished remaking FFIV a while ago and I expect them to start working on a FFV remake soon. After that, it'll be a FFVI remake which I'd love to see. And then a remake of FFVII, VIII and then IX if they plan to go that far.

I'm sure it's more mild than Cuba. Mediterranean > Caribbean in terms of climate, from what I've heard.

Sounds good. :)

I'll check it out later, got too many tabs open right now.

I got a bit bored one night and watched videos about what's metal and what isn't metal (some jackass thinks DragonForce aren't metal, lol) and then went onto watching videos of CDs being destroyed. XD

Also, I declare this video as a very trollable video.

Hahahah. I'm sure it's been done.

Must have. I'm not going to bother since it's like people making flashes with titles "Newgrounds sucks" or anything similar. I don't think their trollness is very effective, or maybe it's just myself completely immune to those sort of things.

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-02-03 03:18:54

At 2/1/08 09:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: I think this thread has now become a Bahamut and gfox only lounge. XD

Works for me, baby. I'ma gonna chat you uppah now. IT'SA ME, MARIO!

Sex talk, Mario style, in the Wii topic. HOW APPROPRIATE.

At 1/31/08 11:11 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Wait, you say the wireless isn't working upstairs, but you also said "the internet connection upstairs." Those two statements seem to contradict each other. O_O
The Internet connection upstairs had problems the other night, so I just went back downstairs to use the computer down here, which is faster and better than the piece of shit upstairs. Seriously, the computer upstairs is so bad, it crashed when I tried to run the original Rollercoaster Tycoon game. The Windows 98 computer I had ran the program a lot better than that. At least the computer is good enough to run Newgrounds.

I see. What OS?

Do you mean moving the Wii downstairs?

I didn't when I asked the question, because I didn't understand what you meant at that point, but I see now, and yeah, that's what I meant kinda, it turns out. #;-}>

Nah, I can't since the TV in the conservatory is in use a lot by my dad who mainly uses it to watch tons of old films and programs on Dave.

Oh noeth.

What's Dave, BTW? Is it a channel someone named "Dave" to appeal to teh men's? If so, it's like SpikeTV here.

The Wii can connect to wireless fine, it's just the Internet connection of the wireless was having problems the other night. It's fine now, however.

Oh, I know you meant it was the wireless itself, not the Wii. I haven't heard about any Wii wireless issues due to the Wii itself at all, so I would have been surprised if the Wii had probs.

I like to play on the Wii AND be able to go on the Internet at the same time. So if someone is talking to me on MSN, I'll be there to talk to them. Also, I'd be checking the BBS to see if anyone has made any new posts in the Wi/Ht? forum.

I see.

I tend to take turns between the nets and me Wii.

Tourgroup, eh? I'm a bit unfamiliar with this stuff. I really need to get Guitar Hero III, but I wish the other games were available for the Wii too.

Kinda like a group you join based on console, where you live, or whatever else you want to join for.... and all the groupies you earn are added together to form one GIANT score for your tourgroup. Plus, you can compete in terms of how good a score you have on any one song or overall on each difficulty with the rest of your group, and there's a message board, if you wanna talk in a smaller group than the main GH.com forums.

GH.com's a really awesome site for GH3 players.

ScoreHero.com's a pretty good site for GH in general, it's unofficial and has tons of shite, but they want you to pay for an account to do some of the cooler stuff there, like get a sig with all your stats from every single GH game. ;_;

Try more expert. ;)

I got stuck when I started tier 7, so I've only been improving my scores on 1-6 tier songs and playing my fave bonus songs on expert, which is about 8 of the bonus songs.

I'm still not done playing all the bonus songs on medium yet, but I've only got like 8 left total. I'm going to FC all of them, and then 5-star them all on Hard, and then just pass them all (if possible) on Expert.

That's what I've done with 90% of the songs on each difficulty. 100% on easy.

FCed 100% of easy. FCed 95% of medium, 5-starred the remaining 5%.

5-starred 90% of Hard, 4-starred the remaining 10%. 5-starred 80% of the songs I'd done on expert, 4-starred all the rest. No 3-stars on any songs..... anywhere... EXCEPT... FCPREMIX on Hard is still ranked a 3-star. I'll get that to 4-star when I feel like it, but man is it a bitch on anything above medium (which was a bitch to FC, but I finally did FC it).

FCing Closer on Expert was so fucking easy, FCing Generation Rock was a bitch but I finally did it yesterday. Oh, and I 100%ed Radio Song on Expert, but I flubbed two phantom notes or X-notes as they call them on ScoreHero, meaning it wasn't a FC despite the 100%. Tried another 5 times, but couldn't FC. I'll get it sooner or later. Mostly the end bit messes me up. Double-hit followed by a lot of strumming with a little HOPO in the middle of the green strums... such a bitch!

I've listened to some songs by The Killers and I'm not too keen on them. I don't hate them or anything, their music just ain't my forté.

Which songs?

I recommend When You Were Young, Bling (Confessions of a King), and Sweet Talk as my fave three, but I have about 10 more I could rattle off if I knew which you didn't like.

YOU BETTER.
We'll see......

I can't remember what you'd better... do... so oh well.

And I'm pretty stubborn regarding Zidane N' Zidane 02. I will not make it until something else happens to Zinedine Zidane and/or there's a remake or a sequel to FFIX. I'd say a remake is the likeliest thing to happen since Square finished remaking FFIV a while ago and I expect them to start working on a FFV remake soon. After that, it'll be a FFVI remake which I'd love to see. And then a remake of FFVII, VIII and then IX if they plan to go that far.

On the one hand... why bother remaking 8? On the other hand... what harm could it do?

I saw some stuff about the IV remake, looks interesting. I only own the III remake, though, of course.

I got a bit bored one night and watched videos about what's metal and what isn't metal (some jackass thinks DragonForce aren't metal, lol) and then went onto watching videos of CDs being destroyed. XD

Whoa.

Must have. I'm not going to bother since it's like people making flashes with titles "Newgrounds sucks" or anything similar. I don't think their trollness is very effective, or maybe it's just myself completely immune to those sort of things.

Been there, done that... seen too much of it to be outraged/take the bait?

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-02-03 03:26:49

At 2/3/08 03:18 AM, gfoxcook wrote: 5-starred 90% of Hard, 4-starred the remaining 10%. 5-starred 80% of the songs I'd done on expert, 4-starred all the rest. No 3-stars on any songs..... anywhere... EXCEPT... FCPREMIX on Hard is still ranked a 3-star. I'll get that to 4-star when I feel like it, but man is it a bitch on anything above medium (which was a bitch to FC, but I finally did FC it).

Argh, that was a frickin' accidental lie. I forgot I have 3-stars on Raining Blood and One on Hard (which means I'm doubtful about my ability to pass them on Expert, too, just like with FCPREMIX). But I only played them once or twice, so it's possible I could get 'em to 4-stars, like my ratings on Knights of Cydonia, say... I actually 5-starred Number of the Beast on Hard, which I'm quite proud of.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-02-03 14:04:21

At 2/3/08 03:18 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Works for me, baby. I'ma gonna chat you uppah now. IT'SA ME, MARIO!

We need more people here.

Sex talk? 0__0

I see. What OS?

The computer upstairs is Windows XP.

What's Dave, BTW? Is it a channel someone named "Dave" to appeal to teh men's? If so, it's like SpikeTV here.

Yeah, you could say that. Dave's got Bottom, Mock the Week, Harry Enfield and many more. However, I wish Dave had more sitcom than it does since after recently getting into Bottom and Father Ted, I now want to get into loads more sitcom (or Britcom as British sitcom is sometimes known as).

I tend to take turns between the nets and me Wii.

Meh, that's your way of doing things. Myself, I like to play on the Wii and be on the Internet at the same time.

Tourgroups and stuff

Ah, I see now. :)

More Guitar Hero stuff

Whoa.

Which songs?

About half of the tracks on Sam's Town. They were only on my MP3 Player because my sister didn't have an MP3 Player herself, so sometimes, she borrowed my MP3 Player and along with listening to stuff she likes, she listens to some of the stuff I like. :)

I can't remember what you'd better... do... so oh well.

Me neither. :(

On the one hand... why bother remaking 8? On the other hand... what harm could it do?

I wouldn't look forward to a FFVIII remake for three reasons:

1. FFVIII is one of my least FF games, but it's above II, V and X-2.
2. I despise the last disc of the game.
3. The graphics aren't so out of date, but regardless, it's one of the most popular games in the series. Also, Square have claimed to remake more games in the series after the success of FFIII.

I saw some stuff about the IV remake, looks interesting. I only own the III remake, though, of course.

I've seen a video of the Bahamut battle on the remake. :D

Whoa.

However, I've seen some idiots saying that Iron Maiden aren't metal. >__<

Been there, done that... seen too much of it to be outraged/take the bait?

No. If you say something like that on Newgrounds or YouTube, I just don't think the trollness works very well, no matter how much they hate on NG, YT or whatever.

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-02-04 04:15:03

At 2/3/08 02:04 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/3/08 03:18 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Works for me, baby. I'ma gonna chat you uppah now. IT'SA ME, MARIO!
We need more people here.

THREEWAY!

Sex talk? 0__0

I called you baby and said I was going to "chat you up." Do you not know what chat you up means? #;-}>

I see. What OS?
The computer upstairs is Windows XP.

I see. Well, XP certainly runs slower on the same tech than 98 does. I've got 98 on my old 1997 desktop, and I've got XP on my 2005 laptop.

Yeah, you could say that. Dave's got Bottom, Mock the Week, Harry Enfield and many more. However, I wish Dave had more sitcom than it does since after recently getting into Bottom and Father Ted, I now want to get into loads more sitcom (or Britcom as British sitcom is sometimes known as).

I've never seen Bottom, but I know Father Ted.

I like older Britcoms, like Allo Allo, Are You Being Served, Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances, and.... that's all I can think of right now that I've seen quite a lot of. Oh, and Blackadder, of course. And Red Dwarf.

Which songs?
About half of the tracks on Sam's Town. They were only on my MP3 Player because my sister didn't have an MP3 Player herself, so sometimes, she borrowed my MP3 Player and along with listening to stuff she likes, she listens to some of the stuff I like. :)

Hmmm. On Sam's Town I like tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, and 12.... so... eh.

On Hot Fuss, I like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 11.

I wouldn't look forward to a FFVIII remake for three reasons:

1. FFVIII is one of my least FF games, but it's above II, V and X-2.

least fave of mine, too. Above II, yes. I haven't played X-2, so I wouldn't know.

How come you don't like V, though?

2. I despise the last disc of the game.
3. The graphics aren't so out of date, but regardless, it's one of the most popular games in the series. Also, Square have claimed to remake more games in the series after the success of FFIII.

Beh. How can it be one of the most popular? It must just be because VII made a ton of new fans of FF, and it was the follow-up to that, so a lot of people just got it because it was the first "new FF game" to come out after they became fans during VII's time.

I've seen a video of the Bahamut battle on the remake. :D

So've I.

However, I've seen some idiots saying that Iron Maiden aren't metal. >__<

!!!!!!

Might as well say that Ozzy isn't metal. What the hell is wrong with some people.

Now, there's plenty of bands it's okay to have the metal or not metal debate on. Deep Purple, Led Zep (inspirators of metal, but not really metal themselves), AC/DC (who don't want to be called metal), etc...

No. If you say something like that on Newgrounds or YouTube, I just don't think the trollness works very well, no matter how much they hate on NG, YT or whatever.

Hm. I dunno, I've seen some trolls work on General on NG. hell, some work here in wi/ht?

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-02-04 11:54:44

At 2/4/08 04:15 AM, gfoxcook wrote: THREEWAY!

More than that.

I called you baby and said I was going to "chat you up." Do you not know what chat you up means? #;-}>

I know that, but I was surprised at the sex talk.

I highly recommend Bottom. And Father Ted, I watched one episode of it last night since my dad recently installed the Freeview digibox in my (well, my sister's actually) room. Before Father Ted came on, I decided to watch the first few minutes of a Family Guy episode. I have to say, I wasn't too impressed at Family Guy.

I like older Britcoms, like Allo Allo, Are You Being Served, Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances, and.... that's all I can think of right now that I've seen quite a lot of. Oh, and Blackadder, of course. And Red Dwarf.

Red Dwarf, I gotta watch. I'd watch it on Dave next Wednesday, but the problem is that I wish to start watching them from the first episode, because it's better to watch them chronologically.

least fave of mine, too. Above II, yes. I haven't played X-2, so I wouldn't know.

The level up system for II was appalling. Also, you've not played X-2? :O Lucky you.

I do like it, but the random battles on the PS1 version are very slow and I've never been able to complete the game.

Beh. How can it be one of the most popular? It must just be because VII made a ton of new fans of FF, and it was the follow-up to that, so a lot of people just got it because it was the first "new FF game" to come out after they became fans during VII's time.

I guess that's it. Funny enough, FFVIII was the first FF game I wanted, but on one Christmas, instead of VIII, my dad got me FFVII instead. He got that because "I haven't got FFI - VI" and VII was the oldest FF game he could find. XD Oh well, I'm glad he got me FFVII instead since that game blew me away and got me into the series.

So've I.

Awesome, eh?

Might as well say that Ozzy isn't metal. What the hell is wrong with some people.

That was one of my friends (well, I wouldn't consider him a friend of mine now since he's such an arrogant twat) said. I guess it's because it doesn't sound like black or death metal. I seriously hate the black/death metal pricks that hate on all the other metal genres and call them all "not metal". I can understand nu-metal and metalcore, but going onto the others is just ridiculous.

Now, there's plenty of bands it's okay to have the metal or not metal debate on. Deep Purple, Led Zep (inspirators of metal, but not really metal themselves), AC/DC (who don't want to be called metal), etc...

That's fine. Besides, even if they're metal, I'll always see them as rock bands rather than metal bands.

Hm. I dunno, I've seen some trolls work on General on NG. hell, some work here in wi/ht?

Those trolls I hate.

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-02-05 02:39:57

At 2/4/08 11:54 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/4/08 04:15 AM, gfoxcook wrote: THREEWAY!
More than that.

MORE THAN THIS.... there is nothing.... MORE THAN THIS...

I know that, but I was surprised at the sex talk.

Oh, okay. Well, you know, with BonusStage turning his back on the ol' Wi/Ht?, I get lonely sometimes. ;_;

I highly recommend Bottom. And Father Ted, I watched one episode of it last night since my dad recently installed the Freeview digibox in my (well, my sister's actually) room. Before Father Ted came on, I decided to watch the first few minutes of a Family Guy episode. I have to say, I wasn't too impressed at Family Guy.

It has its moments, but I've never been a huge fan, either. Futurama and South Park > Family Guy.

Red Dwarf, I gotta watch. I'd watch it on Dave next Wednesday, but the problem is that I wish to start watching them from the first episode, because it's better to watch them chronologically.

You've never seen Red Dwarf? Or just not very much?

I never get to watch those shows in chrono order, but I've seen quite a lot of some of them over the years.

The level up system for II was appalling. Also, you've not played X-2? :O Lucky you.

Yeah, II blows. I never even got halfway through the game. Maybe someday, if I run out of 100 other things to do.

Nope, haven't played X-2 because I haven't finished X yet when I got XII. But I do own it.

I do like it, but the random battles on the PS1 version are very slow and I've never been able to complete the game.

Ah. Well, the PSX version isn't the original, so... maybe you should play the SNES one on an SNES or a ROM or something. Might be faster.

I guess that's it. Funny enough, FFVIII was the first FF game I wanted, but on one Christmas, instead of VIII, my dad got me FFVII instead. He got that because "I haven't got FFI - VI" and VII was the oldest FF game he could find. XD Oh well, I'm glad he got me FFVII instead since that game blew me away and got me into the series.

Whew. Good thing for your IMMORTAL SOUL that it was VII first instead of VIII.

Awesome, eh?

FIGHT!

That was one of my friends (well, I wouldn't consider him a friend of mine now since he's such an arrogant twat) said. I guess it's because it doesn't sound like black or death metal. I seriously hate the black/death metal pricks that hate on all the other metal genres and call them all "not metal". I can understand nu-metal and metalcore, but going onto the others is just ridiculous.

That's fine. Besides, even if they're metal, I'll always see them as rock bands rather than metal bands.

WE ROCK!

Yeah, it's all rock 'n' roll to me, as some singer once said.

Those trolls I hate.

Those trollees should learn their lesson and either play along or ignore the trolls.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-02-05 15:43:48

At 2/5/08 02:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: MORE THAN THIS.... there is nothing.... MORE THAN THIS...

You know, recently I thought of something about this thread. Is it necessary to keep replying to each other in this thread now? It's just us two replying here now and you seem to be doing more posting than playing on the Wii. Do you think it'd be better to move this conversation to the Pentalist thread?

Oh, okay. Well, you know, with BonusStage turning his back on the ol' Wi/Ht?, I get lonely sometimes. ;_;

Shame on him.

It has its moments, but I've never been a huge fan, either. Futurama and South Park > Family Guy.

I remember seeing a Family Guy episode or two ages ago and I thought they were pretty good. However, the one I saw didn't catch my attention well. And obviously Futurama > Family Guy. South Park, however, I need to properly get myself into it since I did watch it years ago, but you know, my parents weren't happy with me and my sister watching it.

You've never seen Red Dwarf? Or just not very much?

I've seen some of it, but that's it.

I never get to watch those shows in chrono order, but I've seen quite a lot of some of them over the years.

I guess I'll have to either wait until one channel starts showing all the episodes starting from the first or I go and get the DVDs now.

Yeah, II blows. I never even got halfway through the game. Maybe someday, if I run out of 100 other things to do.

I couldn't stand playing on it for an hour. That's how bad I find it.

Nope, haven't played X-2 because I haven't finished X yet when I got XII. But I do own it.

Do you intend to play X-2 sometime?

Ah. Well, the PSX version isn't the original, so... maybe you should play the SNES one on an SNES or a ROM or something. Might be faster.

I wonder what FFV Advance is like.

Whew. Good thing for your IMMORTAL SOUL that it was VII first instead of VIII.

I couldn't agree more.

Those trollees should learn their lesson and either play along or ignore the trolls.

Since when were trolleys able to use the Internet? XD

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-02-06 00:59:24

At 2/5/08 03:43 PM, Bahamut wrote: You know, recently I thought of something about this thread. Is it necessary to keep replying to each other in this thread now? It's just us two replying here now and you seem to be doing more posting than playing on the Wii. Do you think it'd be better to move this conversation to the Pentalist thread?

If we moved it into the pentalist thread, then it would take 3 posts each to reply to each other, and poor Coop would get ignored by the both of us (relatively speaking, at least). #;-}>

That said, yeah, it's getting kinda two-sided in here, so let's let the thread go inactive until I get Wii-swallowed for another 3-4 weeks and have to come back and apologise to everyone again, when that will be on-topic again. #;-}>

I'll just wrap up by replying to only a select few bit, you can reply in here or yeah, you can move the reply to it into a reply in the pentalist if you prefer, but let's dwindle it down first:

I remember seeing a Family Guy episode or two ages ago and I thought they were pretty good. However, the one I saw didn't catch my attention well. And obviously Futurama > Family Guy. South Park, however, I need to properly get myself into it since I did watch it years ago, but you know, my parents weren't happy with me and my sister watching it.

The main plot of a Family Guy ep never matters that much, it's mostly the little constant random jokes and bits and asides... but that said, I find that some of the plots are just kinda lame, and some of the side characters really get old to me really fast. The Star Wars ep of Family Guy was excellent, though. Not that you'd get the jokes. WATCH STAR WARS. #;-}>

I guess I'll have to either wait until one channel starts showing all the episodes starting from the first or I go and get the DVDs now.

Bah, just watch 'em mid-season, then.

Do you intend to play X-2 sometime?

Eventually. I'll probably play more of it within the next 5 years than I play II, at least. #;-}>

Since when were trolleys able to use the Internet? XD

Har har. #;-}>

There, not much for you to reply to now. LET US END THIS. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-02-07 02:20:46

Wowzers! Im surprised this forum topic has lasted as long as it did!! I thought it died a while back =p
Nice man!

This where I'd put something clever in. Instead I'm going to comment on how I should have made a comment about where the something clever should be inserted...

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-08-29 01:20:35

At 2/6/08 12:59 AM, gfoxcook wrote: There, not much for you to reply to now. LET US END THIS. #;-}>

SCREW YOU, BUDDY. WHATEVA, I DO WHAT I WANT. RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH.

I'M NOT YOUR BUDDY, BUDDY.

At 9/29/07 11:27 PM, gfoxcook wrote: 8/29/2007.... A DAY WHICH WILL LIVE IN INFAMY.

Yea, for it was that day my gf and I traversed to Target and purchased the only two Nintendo Wii consoles in stock. One for us, one for my parents (my mom had asked me in advance to get them one too when I finally found one in stock somewhere).

HUZZAH. FOR IT IS NOW THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THAT FATEFUL DAY...

Or... if you prefer... it is my gf's and my.... Wii-niversary.

:::gags on his own pun:::

At 2/7/08 02:20 AM, ChaosCrunchy wrote: Wowzers! Im surprised this forum topic has lasted as long as it did!! I thought it died a while back =p
Nice man!

YOU KILLED IT. But I brought it back. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh No! The Wii Has Claimed My Life! 2008-08-29 20:39:46

Umm...I think this should be in the Videogame thread.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature