Be a Supporter!
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to B/P ranks 51+ 1 month ago Reply

Hello! I noticed all of the 'blacklisted users' in the list, what's all that about?

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician

At 3/21/14 07:07 AM, DumbassDude wrote: Hello! I noticed all of the 'blacklisted users' in the list, what's all that about?

Users who mindlessly SAVE EVERYTHING in the portal and despite constant warnings to stop didn't give a shit and keep on doing the same crap. Thus why their name is no longer on the list and replaced with Blacklisted User. They could be removed entirely from updates but then the B/P ranks would look a bit wonky to everyone. Would be weird to say... know your B/P rank is #142 but on the list having it show up at #138. Thus why blacklisted users are still there, albeit no name shown anymore. For the history, DoctorStrongbad and Armissea were the first two users blacklisted because they made it blatantly obvious that they did not care what was passing through the portal.

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader

At 3/21/14 07:07 AM, DumbassDude wrote: Hello! I noticed all of the 'blacklisted users' in the list, what's all that about?

When Murray (Bahamut) still held this list, he started removing select users from the list for abusing the voting system -savewhoring, in other words. When I took over, I consulted with the regulars here in this thread and we decided to continue on with this practice. I insert the "Blacklisted User" tag as a placeholder so the ranks remain accurate.
The current threshold for blacklisting is a save to blam ratio of 150:1; a ratio that should be effortlessly met by anyone using their entire voting panel when they vote. Blacklisting is determined by monthly pace, so a user who is blacklisted one month can easily be removed the next if they decide to vote fairly.

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Blank Slate

At 3/17/14 10:09 AM, Dev wrote: UPDATE #12: MARCH 17th, 2014

Top 5 Pacers
Rank | Gain | User

001) 1179 RobotInTheRain
002) 1062 DoctorStrongbad
Top 5 Finishes
Rank | Times Placed | User | +/-
014) 2 DoctorStrongbad 7

Not bad, but could be better.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer

I never thought I'd see the day, but I've all but retired from B/P. The addiction has well and truly died, and I don't even remember to deposit every day anymore (I missed two days last week without even noticing!). Once that would have been unthinkable, but I think at long last real life has caught up with me.

So I suspect that the one rank lost this week will be the first of many as I begin my slow descent back down the list. It will be a long long time happening after so many years of dedication, but ultimately inevitable.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile

At 3/26/14 06:10 PM, Sentio wrote: So I suspect that the one rank lost this week will be the first of many as I begin my slow descent back down the list.

Well, you'll be falling down the ranks a lot slower than I will. I'm looking at possibly losing two ranks this year for B/P so when I actually fall off the top 50 is another matter. The decision to step down from things is understandable as it happens to us all. Although, while I still have a lot of free time, particularly Sunday-Tuesday where I do fuck all, I am occupying myself in the real world more and more so I have less time to think of Newgrounds and for days where I'm home all day I'm mainly focused on other stuff. Despite that, I'll still do what I can to get my deposits done and the fact that I have a smartphone makes it a lot easier for me when I'm out all day.

Not sure how much you'll browse the BBS now and while I don't post as much as I used to, hopefully we'll still see you around.

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

RobotInTheRain
RobotInTheRain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to B/P ranks 51+ 3 weeks ago Reply

I'm rapidly becoming more busy irl but I'm gonna push until I get that 30k rank and deity whistle before calling it quits

BBS Signature
Addict
Addict
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate

my humble opinion on "blacklisting" users -

wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

you don't know when their ratio was obtained and how their stats got to be under the circumstances that they're in as of now. just because people are racking up mad save points doesn't mean that you gotta pull a move of jealousy and STATWHORE MORALITY and ban their names from being slapped upon this list which also happens to be managed by control freaks and pseudo elitists who think that they have the right to strip folks of their dignity and pride.

just sayin'

- [22:09:28] CASH MANN: fuck you dale - LIVE LOVE A$VP - #23 -

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader

At 3/28/14 08:05 PM, Addict wrote:
you don't know when their ratio was obtained and how their stats got to be under the circumstances that they're in as of now.

Yes I do. Blacklisting is determined by monthly blam/save pace, as I have stated before. I made it this way specifically to be more fair to users.

just because people are racking up mad save points doesn't mean that you gotta pull a move of jealousy and STATWHORE MORALITY and ban their names from being slapped upon this list

Users that are blacklisted are clearly abusing the voting system solely to get higher in the ranks. We (the regulars of this thread) had a discussion when I took the list and agreed to continue with the practice. And myself being ranked #88 on the site in BP; it certainly isn't about jealousy.

which also happens to be managed by control freaks and pseudo elitists who think that they have the right to strip folks of their dignity and pride.
just sayin'

You seemed to have enjoyed my hard work up to this point. If you'd like, I can email you the files and you can post whatever kind of list you want.

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
sumidiotdude
sumidiotdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Movie Buff
Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2 weeks ago Reply

I think I may be on this list

PM me for info on bears Suhm-Id-Ee-Uht-Dood not Puh-Tur-Oh.
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2 weeks ago Reply

At 4/4/14 12:23 AM, sumidiotdude wrote: I think I may be on this list

I think you may use the blam buttons more often.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to B/P ranks 51+ 13 days ago Reply

At 3/28/14 11:10 AM, RobotInTheRain wrote: I'm rapidly becoming more busy irl but I'm gonna push until I get that 30k rank and deity whistle before calling it quits

Your on a roll! But why call it quits when you reach the goal? Why not just slow down - and coast along in stroll? There's so much further to go.

RobotInTheRain
RobotInTheRain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to B/P ranks 51+ 10 days ago Reply

At 4/7/14 11:55 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/28/14 11:10 AM, RobotInTheRain wrote: I'm rapidly becoming more busy irl but I'm gonna push until I get that 30k rank and deity whistle before calling it quits
Your on a roll! But why call it quits when you reach the goal? Why not just slow down - and coast along in stroll? There's so much further to go.

It's fun watching shit on ng and netflix but I need to manage my time better to be more productive, plus sup. commander is the highest rank there is and I'm almost there before moving on to other things

BBS Signature