00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Falkon0re just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37

3,689 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 00:56:07

Date: 16/7 - 23/7

This Week's Topic - Destroyer of Mankind ---------------------------- Create the species of creature that would lead to the domination and extinction of mankind

Rules:
- No MsPaint
- No Animals
- NO Human Likeness
- Only one finished entry per User
- Make a description for your creature
- Only JPEG format is allowed
- Create NEW art, don't post something old you've made
- Take time on your art, terrible artwork will not be accepted in the voting thread
- Creature MUST be relevant to the subject

Apocolypse now.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 00:57:34

Didn't we have something similar?

Planet destroyer?

Ahh well, I'll see if I can figure out a concept.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 01:01:13

how can you not have human likeness for mankind destroyer?....huh i dont see anything else destroying mankind....unless the dolphins.....of course it all makes sence

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 01:08:42

Hey Saurus ... should i post a voting thread for COW 36?

Dont know whats going on with Zach so im asking you :)

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 01:29:44

At 7/16/07 01:08 AM, Frolikyn wrote: Hey Saurus ... should i post a voting thread for COW 36?

Dont know whats going on with Zach so im asking you :)

Absolutely! As long as you don't mind!

- as to the planet destroyer thing, I was thinking more along the lines of a large group of some sort of evolved animal or something, not a giant planet eater. Similar though, harder to explain than I thought.

As for the human likeness, I think there are quite a few possibilities out there, just be creative. (i.e. the black plague, dinosaurs, giant monsters dormant under the earths crust). I have faith in the COW crew.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 01:32:39

im not a part of the cow crew....how do i get one of those awsome jackets you guys wear all the time?

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 01:38:13

LOL @ Cow Crew

Ok ... so i better start linking and uploading some cow drawings to Photobucket.

The winner of the last COW will be posted there ... just like any other COW voting thread.

I just got 1 idea of my creature for this one ... YAYSKTECHYAY

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 01:44:31

At 7/16/07 01:38 AM, Frolikyn wrote:
The winner of the last COW will be posted there

isnt it both you? :o

Anyways, I have no ideas at all for this COW :(

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 02:54:18

yay im entering the cow with a 20 min piece....yup

18-T
Created to clean for the lazy humans which he does not understand....programmed to learn and keep learning untill it expires....but 18-T was never meant to expire....the creator hacked its chip and made it want to learn through site and the inviroment around it....this manmade machine lost its arm due to the carelessness of its buyer.....as he watched a robot repair him he thought he could do the same for its buyer......so as she mourned the death of her father the robot thought she was broken.....as she explained her heart was broken she sat down as the robot watched her cry .....he said "your eyes are leaking allow me to repair you....then it went down hill

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 06:50:17

At 7/16/07 01:01 AM, SmilingIdiot wrote: how can you not have human likeness for mankind destroyer?....huh i dont see anything else destroying mankind....unless the dolphins.....of course it all makes sence

ROBOTS I TELL YOU. THEY WILL OVER TAKE US! ITS LIKE TERMINATOR ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

At 7/16/07 02:54 AM, SmilingIdiot wrote: 18-T

But seriously dude. A robot isn't a creature. :(

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-16 06:59:10

bah, i didn't get any ideas straight away, so i probably won't get one. No animal i can make up would be a direct cause of extinction, and some animal that would (eg. bacteria) doesn't seem like an interesting entry.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-17 22:56:48

At 7/16/07 06:50 AM, Gorglore wrote:
But seriously dude. A robot isn't a creature. :(

Son.....of.......a.......BITCH.....well that was a waste of time wasnt it.....all my effort.....the time i took to draw it.....the waste of space i made....i feel sick now.....i cant beleive i thought i would become a regular thing.....a cow crew member and get a jacket....but i go and screw my chance sup and do this....im sorry for trying to participate....im sorry for trying to enter this....ill never do it again....*goes emo because of cow*....lmao sorry i thought the same thing i was like wtf a robot a creature?....is i possible?.....do we as human beings take that away from robots?....terminator....wasnt he a creatur of some sort.....frankenstien in van hellsing...he was mostly robot.....didnt they call him creature?....so who are you to call a ropbt "there not creatures"?......lmao....i like coffee

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 01:11:37

SPORE: a cruel creature it starts out small but will grow once attached to a good power source
and will grow and grow untill it consumes the earth

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 02:52:11

Woo, I might be able to get a decent entry finished for this week, Not really busy at all and im having a few idea's in my head too.

also yay for the redesign.

-[DeviantArt]- ~The-Ninja-Monkey

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 03:03:05

Hmm George Bush? maybe ... only if I could draw :(

It's Spaze not Spaz ...

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 03:05:38

At 7/18/07 03:03 AM, Spazebar wrote: Hmm George Bush? maybe ... only if I could draw :(

Whoops no human like creatures .. my bad >.<

It's Spaze not Spaz ...

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 03:08:13

At 7/18/07 02:52 AM, The-Ninja-Monkey wrote: Woo, I might be able to get a decent entry finished for this week.

Damn it!

OK GUYS THIS IS ZE HIGHLY IMPORTANT

Im going tomorrow to another trip... sum of u have read it my DA journal but anyways I wont be around fro the next 2 weeks.

SOMEONE has to take care of the voting for those next 2 weeks ... Saurus ask trustful ppl or sumthing if they can be doing those 2 weeks.

I wont be able to submit my entry this 2 weekz0rz or post winners and all in the next votings.

Good luck everybody ... dun forget to KEEP ON VOTING FOR THIS WEEK COW THING STUFF

ENJOY THE REDESIGN ... GET USE TO IT

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 03:52:07

At 7/18/07 03:08 AM, Frolikyn wrote:
Im going tomorrow to another trip... sum of u have read it my DA journal but anyways I wont be around fro the next 2 weeks.

SOMEONE has to take care of the voting for those next 2 weeks ... Saurus ask trustful ppl or sumthing if they can be doing those 2 weeks.

I'll be happy to do it, that is, if i am deemed trustworthy by awesomesaurus.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 11:46:24

At 7/16/07 01:01 AM, SmilingIdiot wrote: how can you not have human likeness for mankind destroyer?....huh i dont see anything else destroying mankind....unless the dolphins.....of course it all makes sence

I thought women were going to destroy mankind?

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 12:56:09

At 7/17/07 10:56 PM, SmilingIdiot wrote:
Son.....of.......a.......BITCH.....well that was a waste of time wasnt it..

Absolutely not! Even if it isnt accepted in the voting thread, it has given me quite the idea, although it might fit better in one of s1nt3ch's CHOW contests! Still a good piece, and it never hurts to get in a little extra practice anyway! -- You can have a jacket, but if you want the cool COW patch, you have to participate again next week!

FrolZikinZ- Enjoy your vacation! Thanks for giving us other entrants a chance next week :)

insipidmortal - 1124235205234030% absolutely! Put it together however you do so please, but also note that you are in charge of deciding who's in and who's out, if you are on the fence about one, just PM me!

Also, any new COW suggestions would be very nice, I feel the past few topics have been covered in lame-sauce. PM me.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 13:46:58

I have an idea =D
The sketch should be done by today, with the coloring being put off 'till late sunday night.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 14:01:16

Ok ... Its done, we got our vtoing thread guy :3

Im going today at 8:30 pm ... 18 hours of roadtrip with buddies till we reach our destination.

Here are some suggestions for next COW ...

- Jungle King
- Anal Parasite
- Cave dweller
- Pleasure God ( LOL SEX LOL )
- Giant crustaceans
- Swap evil thing
- Undead
- Living Weapon
- Organic Spaceship
- End Boss ( like the HUEG classic bosses on games )
- Most smart/wise thing on universe
- War insects
- Genetic Experiment gone bad ( like fusion between 2 things that end up looking like crazerfish drawings LAWL )
- Dragon Eater
- Under ur bed monster
- Cute but Lethal
- Giant digging thing
- Giant Bloodsucker ( don't just draw some lame ass mosquito )
- Crazerfish
- Titanic Sinker ( sumthing that will be able to sink the Titanic )
- Creature recovered from Roswell
- Giant flesh-eating plant
- Sun swimmer
- Eternal energy provider ( giant batteries FTW )
- Airplane buddy/enemy ( thing that will ethir help or bring down an aircraft )
- Feeding its young//Protective mother
- Cliff jumpers

Hope that helps!

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 14:20:30

At 7/18/07 01:46 PM, PandaMime wrote: I have an idea =D
The sketch should be done by today, with the coloring being put off 'till late sunday night.

Sorry for double post.
This is just a very rough sketch of it, and please don't copy my idea.
I am aware that the man's ear and stuff show through the creature, but don't worry.
All the creature layers are above the person ones.

man i love my tablet.

Also, the image upload size has been lessened? Damnit. A lot of my stuff i could only just compress to 200k, but 150k is sad =(

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 15:34:00

k guys that other one i posted on was just a sketch ill have the finished product later.yea i noe im an idiot fr not tellling u guys srry :(.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 15:45:11

ok im done yes i noe the land its latched onto looks like shit. well anyways heres what my creature looks like .

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 15:49:52

At 7/18/07 03:45 PM, ngmastah wrote: ok im done yes i noe the land its latched onto looks like shit. well anyways heres what my creature looks like .

DESCRIPTION?

make a description!

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 19:03:57

At 7/18/07 03:45 PM, ngmastah wrote: ok im done yes i noe the land its latched onto looks like shit. well anyways heres what my creature looks like .

Name : Spore Description: This spore creature will latch onto a piece of land and constantly suck up the energy and will grow bigger until it has consumed the earth.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 19:22:44

Name : Spore Description: This spore creature will latch onto a piece of land and constantly suck up the energy and will grow bigger until it has consumed the earth.

uh god i just saw it and it burned my friggin eyes JPEG FORMAT ONLY! well fine heres the jpeg format of my creature THE SPORE!!!! OMG TEH WTFZORZ?lol

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 19:26:41

ok i forgot jpeg format only well heres the jpeg format of ma spore.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #37 2007-07-18 20:50:58

- Sun swimmer

Yay!