00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

809118566 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Transformers Collab

24,297 Views | 224 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 04:50:27

by the way i forgot to mention i didn't see the movie and i was never into any of the past shows so i'm not doing anything

the only reason im posting here is uh i don't know i guess im just chatting with you guys

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 05:25:10

At 7/13/07 07:45 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote:
At 7/13/07 07:43 PM, AniGen wrote: ugh i will never convince you people to understand the beauty of traditional framebyframe
I already know that FBF is the best, it's just with such a high frame rate, people are unlikely to do much FBF for this collab.

The high frame rate is no excuse. If you're not able to work in 1zzzz just working in freaking 2zzz and if you're really lazy working in 3zzzz.

For all of you playing at home, I'm referring to how long you hold each frame for. So lets say.. If I was animating lip sync for something at 24/25 fps, I could do the lip sync at 12 fps (because its hard to hear the audio stream well at 24/25 upwards in my opinion) then hold each frame for 2.. Then when you bring it into the 24/25fps it'd sync perfectly and it would play EXACTLY the same.

So yeah, complaining about the frame rate is just a crock of shit.

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 11:50:34

well, fbf is the only option when you make claymation like myself.

Let's all catch thumbtacks on our bare eyes!

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 11:53:58

At 7/14/07 05:25 AM, RubberNinja wrote: The high frame rate is no excuse. If you're not able to work in 1zzzz just working in freaking 2zzz and if you're really lazy working in 3zzzz.

Yes, but that will look very jumpy compared to the rest of the entries.

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 12:20:53

At 7/14/07 11:53 AM, Nicholas-Deary wrote:

which would actually be a really cool thing to do if someone wanted their entry to stand out.

I really hope 'somebody' takes part in this. his new glitchy stuff would look so cool along side all the other work of everyone else.

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 13:01:20

At 7/14/07 05:25 AM, RubberNinja wrote: The high frame rate is no excuse. If you're not able to work in 1zzzz just working in freaking 2zzz and if you're really lazy working in 3zzzz.

If you're refering to 2s... No, it wouldn't be.

I've done mine in 2s, it flows fine.

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 13:18:36

Tom Fulp... I may join this collab with my part from my failed collab, which I expect to finish by monday. thank you for your generous offer

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 14:08:36

At 7/14/07 01:18 PM, flashbound18 wrote: Tom Fulp... I may join this collab with my part from my failed collab, which I expect to finish by monday. thank you for your generous offer

actually, I kind of feal like that is admitting some sort of defeat here, so Ill take the animators I have and make a flash not to be considere a collb but just a multi animation thing.

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 14:26:16

all you have to do is sync it right

framebyframe is perfect for any occasion i think you're using the framerate as an excuse to cling to your tweens

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 14:46:41

At 7/14/07 02:26 PM, AniGen wrote:
framebyframe is perfect for any occasion i think you're using the framerate as an excuse to cling to your tweens

And I think you're just using tweens as an excuse to flame everyone.

Look, the point is, regardless of whether you're a flash noob or an fbf god, you're gonna be using tweens at some point (let's see you try and fbf a scrolling background), and for some people it helps people concentrate on making things look uber pretty which would otherwise take an eon to fbf if you weren't a team of Disney or anime people.
Plus, since Tom only gave us 10 days to make these things, a lot of people either don't have the confidence, the skill or the time to do something in fbf. Plus the fact that some of this is gonna be humour based, advanced animation techniques aren't really that much of an issue.
In conclusion, some people like fbf, some people like tween, some like a mix of each, and everyone would like you to STFU and let them do what they want for this.

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 14:52:08

At 7/14/07 02:46 PM, Wonchop wrote:

I agree with this.
This topic has been discussed a thousand times and theres no need to do it again in here.
The tweens are a tool included in Flash that can make the process a lot faster and easier.

People have the rights to do their animations FBF or tweening, and no one should criticize them for the way they do it.

You do your animations the way you think is roght for you and stop flaming people for using their own methods please.

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 15:46:08

AWESOME! Tom just e-mailed me telling me that he was planning to include my entry in the collab! This picture truly expresses how I feel right now.

Transformers Collab

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 16:38:59

At 7/14/07 02:46 PM, Wonchop wrote:

Look, the point is, regardless of whether you're a flash noob or an fbf god, you're gonna be using tweens at some point (let's see you try and fbf a scrolling background), and for some people it helps people concentrate on making things look uber pretty which would otherwise take an eon to fbf if you weren't a team of Disney or anime people.
Plus, since Tom only gave us 10 days to make these things, a lot of people either don't have the confidence, the skill or the time to do something in fbf. Plus the fact that some of this is gonna be humour based, advanced animation techniques aren't really that much of an issue.
In conclusion, some people like fbf, some people like tween, some like a mix of each, and everyone would like you to STFU and let them do what they want for this.

dear god people will ya let me breathe?

I'm not attacking people for tweening. I'm trying to prove a valid point about animation. the thing with fbf is it's not hard as long as you have the balls to sit down and do it. everyone dreads fbf but even when i was a faggot beginner i used it

as i was saying before wonchop, of course you wouldn't fbf a scrolling background. i even stated that backgrounds were one of the things tweens should be used for

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 16:49:18

At 7/14/07 03:46 PM, TechFlash wrote: AWESOME! Tom just e-mailed me telling me that he was planning to include my entry in the collab! This picture truly expresses how I feel right now.

I love cats and congrats

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 16:56:24

At 7/13/07 04:35 PM, Bug wrote: "did i do thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??"

Grrr, what did you do this time?

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 17:46:47

anigen has a point tweening is pretty gay!!

Fear is the Mind Killer.

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 17:51:42

ok i thought i was bad for this, but im thinkin im still gonna try for this one mite aswell. Im gonna submit my part like in 2 days or so when i get home.

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 18:11:29

At 7/14/07 05:51 PM, VintageBro wrote: ok i thought i was bad for this, but im thinkin im still gonna try for this one mite aswell. Im gonna submit my part like in 2 days or so when i get home.

are you serious? you actually betrayed us? read the thread dude!

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 18:16:01

At 7/14/07 04:49 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote:
At 7/14/07 03:46 PM, TechFlash wrote: AWESOME! Tom just e-mailed me telling me that he was planning to include my entry in the collab! This picture truly expresses how I feel right now.
I love cats and congrats

thanks. Congrats for you too, your entry was awesome.

lol, cats and congrats rhymes

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 21:53:25

At 7/14/07 03:46 PM, TechFlash wrote: AWESOME! Tom just e-mailed me telling me that he was planning to include my entry in the collab!

Wow, same here!!!
I'm really excited by this.
Congrats to everyone who got chosen and good luck to the ones that still working on it.
I cant wait to see the awesome entries this thing will have.

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-14 22:49:30

At 7/14/07 09:53 PM, enquencle wrote:
At 7/14/07 03:46 PM, TechFlash wrote: AWESOME! Tom just e-mailed me telling me that he was planning to include my entry in the collab!
Wow, same here!!!
I'm really excited by this.
Congrats to everyone who got chosen and good luck to the ones that still working on it.
I cant wait to see the awesome entries this thing will have.

congrats everyone! can't wait till monday, it should turn out fantasticfulicious. 40 movies is going to be ridiculously awesome.

yay.

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-15 01:18:36

I haven't slept today because of my Transformers collab piece. I'm liking the look of it, even if it is short.

I'm so damn tired right now, but I refuse to sleep till I complete all the character animation.. That way I just need to do the backgrounds tomorrow morning and afternoon.. I believe my time zone is ahead of Toms.. So I have more time then I really think I do..

I didn't realise these collaboration pieces were supposed to be humour based... I just went with a more homage/tribute approach. Oh well, I think it will still be alright.

My eye lids are damn heavy right now..

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-15 01:25:04

I had submittied one in on Thrusday night before I knew we had more time, which was annoying, because I wanted to chnage something in mine.

if anyone's interested, here's what I did

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1319671/

I can't talk now... the squirrels are watching!

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-15 01:54:55

At 7/15/07 01:18 AM, RubberNinja wrote: I'm so damn tired right now, but I refuse to sleep till I complete all the character animation.. That way I just need to do the backgrounds tomorrow morning and afternoon.. I believe my time zone is ahead of Toms.. So I have more time then I really think I do..

who gives a shit about sleeping anymore you fucken wussssss

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-15 03:11:58

You know I really hate to side with Wonchop, mainly because I hate his unfunny tweencrap, but in some situations, like his movie, tweens are more suitable. You guys are acting like tweens are some pinnacle of the devil, but they're a tool. No sensible person animates entirely in fbf, it's time consuming and unnecessary so why do it? For a little respect? A lot of the people who watch these movies have absolutely no idea what goes into it, so tween or fbf, it makes no difference to the common viewer.

i just typed this whole thing on my wii...

BBS Signature

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-15 03:33:45

At 7/15/07 01:54 AM, AniGen wrote:

Don't make me come over there.

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-15 04:28:26

At 7/15/07 03:33 AM, RubberNinja wrote:

oh snap!

Transformers Collab

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-15 04:31:37

pffft like im afraid of you

go take rtil's private jet it's the only way you could ever possibly scare me

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-15 04:38:51

At 7/13/07 10:16 PM, Wonchop wrote:
At 7/13/07 10:10 PM, swiftstylerX wrote: I know the original was FBF, I'm just saying that this is a simple tribute, and if you don't have a lot of time, then take the easy way out, lol.
Not to mention that since most of the new Transformers stuff (such as Energon, Cybertron and the movie) is done in 3D, it's technically all tweens anyway.

wrong.

lazy 3d animators do rely on the software to do all the work for them (like you), but good 3d animators do exactly what 2d (or what some call "frame-by-frame") animators do. pose-to-pose hand tweaked on 16's or 8's, then they break it down until it's all on 1's or 2's. Films like Ratatouille or Transformers - the one you mentioned - are completely void of "tweens".

Response to Transformers Collab 2007-07-15 04:41:37

At 7/15/07 04:31 AM, AniGen wrote:
pffft like im afraid of you

go take rtil's private jet it's the only way you could ever possibly scare me

Rtil's private jet is full of burly men in speedos, wearing boe-ties who serve pink girly drinks. Trust me, it could scare anyone.