00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GingaSnappd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Runescape is a good game.

6,596 Views | 115 Replies

Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:00:08

Oh yeah, I said it.

Well, it's the best free MMORPG out there. The majority of them (Silkroad, Flyff, Kalonline, you name it) are poorly translated and repetitive. The two biggest problems people have with Runescape are the graphics, and the fact that it's repetitive, but then they tell me to go play games like Silkroad.

Sure, they DO have better graphics, but who cares? Really all there is to do is fight monsters and do quests. Most have a low variety of monsters anyway, with no bosses. And the quests just involve you fighting the same monsters for specific rewards.

Ok, so Runescape has alot of repetitive tasks, but atleast there is a variety of them. Not to mention how much better the quests are. Alot even having dungeon created just for that quests purpose, instead of just going back and forth in the same fields over and over.

Runescape is still better then alot of the free MMORPGs out there, plus the membership fee isn't that high when compared to others like WoW and FFXI.

Ok, i'm done.

Fatty Mario Head.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:01:26

I'm going to cop it for this one...

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:02:42

Mario saved you. I can't be angry with marios sexy fat head.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:03:24

Hey guys! What's going on in this thre...

|:(

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:05:33

At 7/1/07 11:02 PM, LateckS wrote: Here's an anti-flame shield. You're gonna need it.

Also, here's a link to Symbiontic's posts, so you can see what happens when you play that game too long.

I stopped playing months ago and was never addicted. 1 hour a day at the most, and went alot of days without. Just was inspired to post this after seeing Runescape hate in the other topic.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the community DOES suck, but you can find some nice people. It's just the low to mid levels. And the high levels really only treat low levels like crap.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:07:05

I didn't even read what you said because quite frankly, Runescape sucks. I know I've said this today often but it's true. I have more fun watching paint dry, watching grass grow and metal rust.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:10:42

You are just asking for flaming...

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:10:45

It's meh, I'd give it a 2/5

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:13:56

At 7/1/07 11:07 PM, x20Mikex20 wrote: I didn't even read what you said

Then go fuck yourself. In the ass.

AMAZING

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:16:23

At 7/1/07 11:02 PM, LateckS wrote: Also, here's a link to Symbiontic's posts, so you can see what happens when you play that game too long.

Wow.

Cocks.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:17:45

I really don't care what the gameplay is like if I can't even look at it.

They could have hired a wagon full of preschoolers on crack to paint a shit and vomit mural and that would be more pleasant to look at.

too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die

BBS Signature

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:21:16

I don't mind it. It's decent but I don't play it. All MMORPG games are bad IMO.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][

][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][][][][][]v

BBS Signature

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:22:00

I guess I see why people like Runescape. But there are better free games out there for sure.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:25:27

At 7/1/07 11:17 PM, NickScott wrote:
At 7/1/07 11:05 PM, LateckS wrote:
At 7/1/07 11:02 PM, LateckS wrote: Also, here's a link to Symbiontic's posts, so you can see what happens when you play that game too long.
He just sent me an angry PM about my making fun of him in Runescape topics.
I can't help but laugh.
This Symbiontic is an alt. But you knew that... right?

who cares if hes an alt, his grammer is fuckin SCARY man. I'm having nightmares tonight *shivers*......runescape is for loser nerds, which are nerds who can't even afford nerdy games so they get ghetto nerdy games >LAME< . you will get addicted, play nonstop, and than hate it like everyone else. everyone goes through these 3 phases; hell i did (in 3rd grade)

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:29:10

A) I used to play runescape, its the lamest, gayest most repetitive thing in the world, I have a friend who still plays it, and apparently the only good thing is PKing, which in my opinion, also sux assholes, WOW may cost money anyway, but its like 1000 times better

B)the graphics in WoW are about what can be done on xbox 1 without much effort, but heres the thing, WoW is constantly being upgraded,fixed, blanced and is massive enough to make you flunk alot, plus it has that expansion. Runescape gets a few pixelsand a repetitive new quest as the trypical upgrade

C) Runescape lets you either be a chick or a dude, WoW lets you be a chick or dude in 10 different species, nuff said.

D) also runesscape has crap music and opens your PC's up to viruses, WoW, not so much.

Runescape is not a good game, its not even decent, stop trying to defend it you faggot asshole noob(most people who like RS are just that)

"Your job is not do die for your country, your job is to see to it that the other son of a bitch dies for HIS country" -General George S. Patton

BBS Signature

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:43:35

i stopped playing runescape a couple years ago,i wanted to try other mmorpgs and i found a pretty good one too.(not WoW)

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:46:31

At 7/1/07 11:02 PM, LateckS wrote:
Also, here's a link to Symbiontic's posts, so you can see what happens when you play that game too long.

Holy crap...I'm sure glad I quit. At first it's fun, but then you gt bored after level 15, all you do is kill monsters to level up more, then do quests to get more items to level up even more, but it gets harder, and harder, until you just quit. I think maplestory is pretty good though, it is not turn based, o you don't have to wait for enemies to take their turns, you just whack 'em, and BAM!!

:I actually used to talk like that

dude

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-01 23:48:14

lol i don't like Runescape, but you actually make a better arguement than most of the people who are against it. For that i must give props.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 02:13:31

Yeah, thanks deafeningsilence5.

Really, I know WoW is a much better game, but I don't want to have to pay monthly fee's (and possibly have to get a better internet connection) aswell as buy expansion packs for a game i'll probably only play 2-3 hours a month. I'm just saying, if you can get into it and play with friends Runescape isn't that bad of a game. But in the end it's all a matter of opinion. Also, if you really care that much about graphics then I don't wanna play games with you anyway, you'll most likely be the kind of person who bitches over anything that isn't perfect.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 02:31:12

who cares if hes an alt, his grammer is fuckin SCARY man.

Who cares if he has bad grammar! I'll bet u watch Madness and many other things but u think its horrible if someone spells something wrong! "Oh noes u abreviated whatever will i do!"

Anyway i think runescape is okay. not as good as u try and describe it though(not really sayin much though)

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 02:40:08

guys guys... he's right you know. and the stock market just went up and the year is 1999
and these internets things are pretty cool.

no, no.... no. definetely not sarcasm. I"M SAYING IT WAS GOOD A LONG TIME AGO FOR ALL YOU 13-14 year olds who keep taking everything everyone says litterally!!!!

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 02:45:59

At 7/1/07 11:52 PM, deafeningsilence5 wrote: 7gb big.

5.73 GB.

And yes. Runescape is the best free mmorpg.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 03:51:32

I agree I love playing runescape..People on here only dislike it because they either don't give a chance or have never even played it.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 04:01:10

Runescape is an okay game. It's free so you cannot complain too much.
It might have terrible graphics but it doesn't take up space on your computer.

Also for the amount that I could pay to play WoW for a month I could buy a domain name and hosting for one year. I'd rather have a website for a year than play WoW for a month.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 04:02:08

I sorta agree. Runescae is a good game, but there are bettr ones out there. But , I agree that runescape is the best free game available. My personal favorite is world of warcraft, but of course you have to pay for it, so runesape is my second favorite overall.
Most other MMORPGs are either strategy games, or ones you have to download to play.

Play the hand life deals you, other people could have been dealt worse...

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 04:26:25

Sure it may be the best free MMORPG, but if they're all crap and boring, why even bother?

BBS Signature

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 04:36:58

At 7/2/07 02:45 AM, Neiliomedeilio wrote:
At 7/1/07 11:52 PM, deafeningsilence5 wrote: 7gb big.
5.73 GB.

And yes. Runescape is the best free mmorpg.

over seven, patches are large and with BC the file size became bigger. 7,77 gigs.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 04:39:14

Runescape is alright, and to all the people who says it graphics sux, you are right, but on low quality the filesize is still pretty huge, 64mb, like there gonna make the grapics rock and make the filesize 64gb.

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 04:39:40

If I had another chance to life.
Id tried to tell you that that the things we had were right.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to Runescape is a good game. 2007-07-02 04:42:49

People are probably saying it's boring because Tutorial Island is a complete dick...

RuneScape is great for its size and great for it's price too. One of the most interesting games I've known and it's not a 10gb download : \ And it's 100% online so there's no computer saved files. And there is no hacks, other than Macros which are not threatening to other users.