00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

newfeetguy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mugen Club

306,376 Views | 2,566 Replies

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-23 19:45:04

At 6/23/07 07:40 PM, BatDan wrote: Guys, how do you get better at the game?

Maybe if I delete all my cheapies and use only good characters that are well made?

Maybe if I restart the whole thing (I'll put all my characters in another folder).

Focus on one character at a time find their strengths and weakness and use it to your ability or something like that. I'm trying to do that, but most of the button sequences aren't easy to translate so I guess what I'm trying to say is... WHICH BUTTON IS THE START BUTTON!

That is all.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-23 19:55:46

Loads of practice against both human opponents and the computer.

Lots of experience with other 2D fighters also helps.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-23 20:08:07

Hey BatDan, I'll try to find a way to get you that Sephiroth character I have the folder, I'm new to the whole uploading thing.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-23 20:15:44

At 6/23/07 07:55 PM, Gendo wrote:
Loads of practice against both human opponents and the computer.

Lots of experience with other 2D fighters also helps.

Well, I'm trying to practice on MvC2 and Street Fighter II (PS2 and SNES respectively) and so far, it's hopefully working once I get my PS2 Controller Adapter in two weeks.

Reaperyami, I figured out how to get Sephi. So it's no big deal.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-23 20:22:07

At 6/23/07 08:12 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: I wonder if you can play as Mugen or Jin from Champloo for the game.

If someone gets trigger-happy editing Samurai Showdown sprites or rips some animations from [adult swim]'s awesome Champloo flash game, then that'll be possible.

Otherwise no.

At 6/23/07 08:15 PM, BatDan wrote: Well, I'm trying to practice on MvC2 and Street Fighter II (PS2 and SNES respectively) and so far, it's hopefully working once I get my PS2 Controller Adapter in two weeks.

Good, good.

I practice on Guilty Gear X2, SF II and a few miscellanious import fighters.

I tend to seek out characters from games I'm good at for MUGEN.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-23 20:36:19

Did anyone know that the Homer Simpson character is based off Iori Yagami from KoF?

I would've never guessed.

Anyway, I'm starting over sort of. I still have my characters but I may get rid of most of them because I just don't use them. Of course, they'll make great practice... I'll still get rid of Hitler because he's just too cheap.

But yeah, I have to learn how to practice with each character.

Also, who knows anything about lifebars? I've looked at tutorials but they're pretty bad.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 00:45:00

this program takes too much space :(

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 10:24:37

At 6/23/07 08:36 PM, BatDan wrote: Did anyone know that the Homer Simpson character is based off Iori Yagami from KoF?

I remember seeing that somewhere. I was dying of laughter because Homer was perfoming spectatcular moves. XD

Anyway, I'm starting over sort of. I still have my characters but I may get rid of most of them because I just don't use them. Of course, they'll make great practice... I'll still get rid of Hitler because he's just too cheap.

Hilter? How the hell did you manage to create him?

Also, who knows anything about lifebars? I've looked at tutorials but they're pretty bad.

You can create custom lifebars for different characters like the amout of life that they can have? :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 10:34:50

At 6/24/07 10:24 AM, Seamonky wrote:
Hilter? How the hell did you manage to create him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdOjdcXUIZY
I didn't create him. I found him at this video. He's mega cheap.

You can create custom lifebars for different characters like the amout of life that they can have? :/

I'm not a creator. I just want to know how to install seperate life bars.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 10:47:44

At 6/24/07 10:34 AM, BatDan wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdOjdcXUIZY

Hilter plays exacly like Omega Tom Hanks. Are there any other characters that are as cheap as these two? :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 10:54:39

At 6/24/07 10:47 AM, Seamonky wrote:
At 6/24/07 10:34 AM, BatDan wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdOjdcXUIZY
Hilter plays exacly like Omega Tom Hanks. Are there any other characters that are as cheap as these two? :/

Probably Omega Tiger Woods. I have no idea where to find him now though.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 13:11:11

At 6/23/07 08:12 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Personnaly id like to play as Sephi since i bet his Masamune sword is cheap(it's very long range) I wonder if you can play as Mugen or Jin from Champloo for the game.

Very, Very long range

Mugen Club

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 13:36:22

http://four.fsphost.com/choujin/mugen/main.ht m

An excellent site for non-cheap DBZ characters. Probably the best DBZ characters out there. Includes, Son Goku, SSJ Son Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza, 16, Perfect Cell, and Mr. Satan.

Highly recommend these. Of course, they're better then most DBZ characters due to others trying to make them like the show... ultra cheap.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 14:33:09

http://www.mugenchina.org/tf/eng.htm

Double post to some Transformers MUGEN characters. This is also to celebrate the new movie coming out.

The Optimus Prime character is huge. As well as all the others.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 16:25:14

can i join? I love playing mugen when i get the free chance.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 20:30:54

At 6/24/07 05:13 PM, MadMax wrote: Isabeau, in other words, flaming phoenix bitch with a lot of firepower.

She's extremely fun to use and the AI is on crack and speed, beware putting her as a CPU!

This is her finisher when 2nd round you defeat someone, kind of like a fatality, but he lays on the floor till something specific is done to K.O. him.

If you're gonna show us an awsome character at least you can provide links?

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-24 23:47:09

At 6/24/07 10:54 AM, BatDan wrote: Probably Omega Tiger Woods. I have no idea where to find him now though.

God damn! Omega Tiger Woods? Does he have golf balls and a gold club? XD

Very, Very long range.

The best battle I ever saw with Sephiroth was with Brolly Super Saiyan 3. That match was the shit. I gotta find it on youtube though. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 01:47:59

At 6/24/07 11:47 PM, Seamonky wrote:
The best battle I ever saw with Sephiroth was with Brolly Super Saiyan 3. That match was the shit. I gotta find it on youtube though. :/

Or I could recreate that scene since I have both characters...

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 07:50:18

At 6/24/07 10:54 AM, BatDan wrote: Probably Omega Tiger Woods. I have no idea where to find him now though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rsfJYNHYPw

This is Omega Tiger Woods... he's very disturbing.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 09:02:19

At 6/25/07 07:50 AM, BatDan wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rsfJYNHYPw

This is Omega Tiger Woods... he's very disturbing.

Haha! Most Mysterious is the creator of OTW along with a few other wacky characters. Most Mysterious made Kung Fu Fiunn, Kung Fu Bender, Dink Smallwood, Evil Kung Fu Man, Franko and a few other characters for MUGEN. MM's characters have very cheap AI. Too bad you can't get these silly charaters. MM's website is shutdown.

But, his brother (The_None: creator of Dopefish, Skullman and Shaq) is still on YouTube (check his videos out if you want to).
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNoooo

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 10:53:43

I just downloaded MUGEN and I have some characters, but,

WHERE DO I GET DIO BRANDO?

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 11:35:52

At 6/25/07 10:53 AM, Idiosyncratic wrote: I just downloaded MUGEN and I have some characters, but,

WRYYYYYYYYY!

Mugen Club

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 11:56:01

WARNING: You might want to open this next site up in IE, since it acts weird in Firefox.

http://www.ddrcreations.com/

VERY fun MUGEN site with classic cartoon characters.

Such as Marvin the Martian, Popeye, Captain Caveman, Fat Albert, Duck Dodgers, and Underdog. With a Wizard Mickey Mouse coming soon.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 12:01:34

At 6/25/07 11:35 AM, patriotextremeist wrote:
At 6/25/07 10:53 AM, Idiosyncratic wrote: I just downloaded MUGEN and I have some characters, but,

WRYYYYYYYYY!

I LOVE YOU!

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 12:01:45

BatDan it's not working on AOLExplorer either.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 12:12:55

At 6/25/07 12:01 PM, Reaperyami wrote: BatDan it's not working on AOLExplorer either.

Does it crash AOLExplorer? Because that's what it does to Firefox, crashes it.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 12:17:28

Yeah it totally shuts it down I'll download a new internet source or something.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 12:21:32

At 6/25/07 11:56 AM, BatDan wrote: WARNING: You might want to open this next site up in IE, since it acts weird in Firefox.

http://www.ddrcreations.com/

VERY fun MUGEN site with classic cartoon characters.

Such as Marvin the Martian, Popeye, Captain Caveman, Fat Albert, Duck Dodgers, and Underdog. With a Wizard Mickey Mouse coming soon.

Yeah, I tried fighting against all of those characters. Their AI is pretty broken. Captain Caveman and Marvin's AI are REALLY messed up.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 12:37:55

It works on SBC though there's some good characters there.

Response to Mugen Club 2007-06-25 14:40:11

This is what I get for a months absence :(

Well, here's something some of you may be intrested in:
Mugen Hi-Res Stages

Basically makes the stages beautiful, but the major side effect is only Hi res stages work for it. Which is why I made a seperate Mugen for it (I have four, jesus)

Still, It's worth it to fight in the SF VS MK3 stages.

Mugen Club

The cake is a spy... hahaha no