00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

senoritaspie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1

5,061 Views | 71 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 13:43:20

ok I've finally decided to put up this thread after a week of thinking about it.
Much like the C.O.W. borrows their concept from www.conceptart.org
I would like to hereby announce the first Character of the week competition.
a friendly artist environment is essential here. The same rules apply here as in the COW,
but the focus is to ONLY CREATE HUMANOID CHARACTERS

- No MsPaint
- No Animals
- ONLY Human Likeness
- Make your character based on my loose description, and feel free to add back-stories
- NO creatures unless they are a secondary focus of the piece
- Only one finished entry per User
- Make a description for your character
- Only JPEG format is allowed
- Create NEW art, don't post something old you've made
- Take time on your art, terrible artwork will not be accepted in the voting thread
- Character MUST be relevant to the subject
- You must make a character card in the maximum image size allowed here 595Wx700H
that contains your character name and Character of the week number

I'll kick it off with the first cahracter

The Red Knight. Champion of the flames and one of the most fierce
competitors in the battle for supreme command over the Black Realm.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 13:49:51

Ok just making sure, but the subject for this thread is a red knight?

Oh yeaaa

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 13:51:22

lol ok i feel stupid for asking that now....

Oh yeaaa

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 13:53:49

At 6/18/07 01:51 PM, Ponz wrote: lol ok i feel stupid for asking that now....

I don't quite grasp it either.

You said base it on your loose description... So we gotta do the red knight thing?

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 13:56:26

yes use my description that I wrote. Make a Red Knight and add anything else description-wise that you like. So get to drawing those red knights :P
oh and deadline is next sunday knight lol The 23rd

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 14:04:50

At 6/18/07 01:56 PM, s1nt3ch wrote: yes use my description that I wrote. Make a Red Knight and add anything else description-wise that you like. So get to drawing those red knights :P
oh and deadline is next sunday knight lol The 23rd

Alright, cool. I'll get too it.

I like these kinds of competitions, but... you think the next theme could be a little more loosely defined? I mean, stuff like 'make a red knight' is a little bit specific. I think it'd be cool to have a wider range.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 14:05:18

At 6/18/07 01:43 PM, s1nt3ch wrote: The Red Knight. Champion of the flames and one of the most fierce
competitors in the battle for supreme command over the Black Realm.

Very cool, I'd rather practice with human anatomy than creatures =D

Great pic too.

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 14:06:16

At 6/18/07 02:04 PM, CagedSilhouette wrote:
I like these kinds of competitions, but... you think the next theme could be a little more loosely defined? I mean, stuff like 'make a red knight' is a little bit specific. I think it'd be cool to have a wider range.

will do, MORE freedom next round, i'll just give a character's name or function then you guys do the rest.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 14:06:23

Does 'Red Knight' mean it literally has to wear red, or be red. Or can it just be a name?

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 14:21:15

could just be the name, but if his name is red knight you might want to incorporate some red

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 14:47:34

Nice, I was hoping someone would do Character of the week. Good luck s1nt3ch! :)
Also, I might participate, I really need to practice anatomy.

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 17:35:10

great idea sintech.... i think i`ll make something...

if i find time...

so maybe

btw awesome starting pic

Deviantcrap - PHOTOGRAPHY??

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 22:31:30

At 6/18/07 05:35 PM, TomAzza wrote: great idea sintech.... i think i`ll make something...

if i find time...

so maybe

btw awesome starting pic

i think you better make time :P

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 23:05:04

Chow = Character Of The Week? That sucks, just keep up with Creatures Of The Week, that was so much better. Screw these weekly things that people keep coming up with. I'm sick of them.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 23:16:11

At 6/18/07 11:05 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Chow = Character Of The Week? That sucks, just keep up with Creatures Of The Week, that was so much better. Screw these weekly things that people keep coming up with. I'm sick of them.

well noone here came up with COW or CHOW they were both started @ www.conceptart.org
I am just introducing it to the NG community as they introduced COW to the NG community 33 months ago so go make some art or shut the fuck up, because your not contributing positively to this community in any way.They also have EOW or environments of the week. And also the 3CH challenge in which they use a random topic generator to make concepts for the images.
This forum is for artists and browsing thru some of your posts, I see that you have no fucking art.
so fuck off you cunt and never come back.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 23:32:36

At 6/18/07 11:16 PM, s1nt3ch wrote: This forum is for artists and browsing thru some of your posts, I see that you have no fucking art.

LOL!! I've been having a terrible day, and that just brightened! Thank you!! :D

I've been avoiding the COW's because of the 'no human likeness' rule, so... I think this thread is an awesome idea!! I'll try to come up with something before Sunday! :D

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-18 23:55:49

At 6/18/07 11:32 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 6/18/07 11:16 PM, s1nt3ch wrote: This forum is for artists and browsing thru some of your posts, I see that you have no fucking art.
LOL!! I've been having a terrible day, and that just brightened! Thank you!! :D

I'm working on something too ! o.O

I'm not big on creatures either..

I LOL'ed too.. >.>

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-19 05:59:47

Mm, I'll get summat done for this by the end of the week, I need to do less similar faces. Nice one s1nt3ch.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-19 07:21:08

I usually prefer creatures, but that's mainly because I suck at drawing humanoid stuff. But this will be good practice, so expect me to enter every now and then.

when I have the time

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-19 10:51:19

At 6/18/07 11:16 PM, s1nt3ch wrote: as they introduced COW to the NG community 33 months....

33 months?No, 33 weeks. Anyway, I find it a great idea to have another "of the week competition. Even though it's not very original, (people have been talkin about it for a while) I am happy that it's hosted by a good artist. Hopefully it'll get as much success as for the COW, though it'll take a while.

Also, what's the point of having the same description all the time?Even if they can change it a little, can't people have a little bit more freedom to make their pics.Btw, how are you gonna make the voting thread?Like Zach?It'll require a lot of work you know, maybe you can find someone (not me, not me).Anyway, great idea and keep up the good work.

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-19 15:36:01

At 6/19/07 10:51 AM, zef7 wrote:
33 months?No, 33 weeks. Anyway, I find it a great idea to have another "of the week competition. Even though it's not very original, (people have been talkin about it for a while) I am happy that it's hosted by a good artist. Hopefully it'll get as much success as for the COW, though it'll take a while.

Also, what's the point of having the same description all the time?Even if they can change it a little, can't people have a little bit more freedom to make their pics.Btw, how are you gonna make the voting thread?Like Zach?It'll require a lot of work you know, maybe you can find someone (not me, not me).Anyway, great idea and keep up the good work.

yeah the next one will be more vague in the description more like a descriptive NAME of a character, rather than a full description that way people can go nuts with it, and yep I plan on making a voting thread every week, because browsing NG art forum is my main hobby right now, and has been for awhile, So making a voting thread and page will work out for me, also I am thinking about making a flash picture viewer for the finalistls that way you can just click thru em to see them all rather than scrolling, i think I'll work on that right now as a matter of fact

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-19 16:10:35

only 1 picture :(

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-19 16:16:31

At 6/19/07 04:10 PM, Dash-02 wrote: only 1 picture :(

only one FINAL picture feel free to post WIPs and concept ideas to share and gain feedback
so when you guys post your final pic write FINAL
somewhere in the post so i know which one to use

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-19 18:43:59

there, i made an image viewer, it's @ angelfire temporarily, i hope to get some free webspace or perhaps someone would be nice enough to host the images

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-19 18:46:49

and of course i totally forgot to post the link
http://charofweek.angelfire.com/index.html

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-19 19:51:12

At 6/19/07 06:43 PM, s1nt3ch wrote: there, i made an image viewer, it's @ angelfire temporarily, i hope to get some free webspace or perhaps someone would be nice enough to host the images

Try this one http://www.50webs.com/free_plan.html

Only downside I've found is that there's a 300kb max filesize, but that's plenty for this.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 08:03:27

My Shot: FINAL. Hope this event is succesful.

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 11:10:36

Working on mine right now. I can go with only Red knight, right? Without your description I mean.

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 17:15:36

Finally done with this... man, seemed like I was painting it forever. First time I used 100% Photoshop to paint something. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out too. :)

Erm... description... hmmm... He's da Red Knight. He's feared more than any other knight in the universe. He wanted to become the greatest warrior the world has ever known, so he sold his soul to Satan and startet fighting for the demons of Hell. In just 66 days, two thirds of the world's population fell to the hands of the Red Knight.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 17:27:38

At 6/20/07 08:03 AM, Wildcarousel wrote: My Shot: FINAL. Hope this event is succesful.

Nice pic you got there. I'm glad that not everyone goes for that macho/stereotype and über-evil knight. ;)

I'm looking forward to your submission too, JohanL.

My art thread

: I'm sometimes CornMan.

BBS Signature