00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1

5,058 Views | 71 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 18:52:33

great work so far guys let's get some more red knights in here

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 18:56:01

At 6/20/07 11:10 AM, JohanL wrote: Working on mine right now. I can go with only Red knight, right? Without your description I mean.

yeah go for it i kinda messed up adding the description so anything goes as long as it's a themed red knight
and the deadline is this sunday night (NG time) the 23rd

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 20:28:36

Ok, so Painter just had to fuck up when I resized my finished picture, now the small version has lines all over. x.x

PLEASE WATCH THE HI-REZ VERSION AS GOD INTENDED

I tried to be a bit original, and stay away from doing a knight in red armor, I hope that's ok.

Red Knight
This warrior got it's name from having the ability to create fire using magic, a skill that very few posess up in the cold highlands.

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 20:34:01

At 6/20/07 08:28 PM, JohanL wrote: Ok, so Painter just had to fuck up when I resized my finished picture, now the small version has lines all over. x.x

I tried to be a bit original, and stay away from doing a knight in red armor, I hope that's ok.

Red Knight
This warrior got it's name from having the ability to create fire using magic, a skill that very few posess up in the cold highlands.

it's fine by me, but we'll have to wait and see how the voting goes..
also i will not be entering my pieces, as i have the advantage of knowing what the next topic will be. It's kinda me challenging myself a week in advance before you guys. The next one should turn out some great results. Mines gonna be like a horror version, but anyone will be able to interpret it as they wish.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 20:34:16

Oh snap! I just saw the maximum image size rule ;o damn, I guess I'm out then ;P
Well, it was fun to make anyways so.
Peace :D

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 20:34:37

At 6/20/07 08:28 PM, JohanL wrote:
Red Knight

Thats The best one i have seen so far.

I was thinking of making something that could create fire.
but i might not even get one done, Its too cold to draw, My hands are all shakey and frozen.

-[DeviantArt]- ~The-Ninja-Monkey

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 20:38:02

At 6/20/07 08:34 PM, JohanL wrote: Oh snap! I just saw the maximum image size rule ;o damn, I guess I'm out then ;P
Well, it was fun to make anyways so.
Peace :D

don't worry for this one I'm gonna let stuff like that slide and just resize and crop the images as needed, but next week after we work out all the bugs, I'll make sure everyone is using the standard size format, Unless the piece really calls for a certain kind of cropping, then I'll state the new size dimensions or if the piece is really good like in your case resize/crop ass needed.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 20:42:47

At 6/20/07 05:15 PM, CagedSilhouette wrote: Finally done with this... man, seemed like I was painting it forever. First time I used 100% Photoshop to paint something. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out too. :)

Awesome paint job. I'm trying out something like that.
The shoulders look a little high but rest of his anatomy looks really well proportioned.

At 6/20/07 08:03 AM, Wildcarousel wrote: My Shot: FINAL. Hope this event is successful.

I love that style but I hate it when people use the grass brush in Photoshop =P

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-20 20:58:29

Wildcarousel, that looks amazing, nice style.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-21 10:34:16

At 6/20/07 08:28 PM, JohanL wrote:

It turned out really good. I dig the lightning and of course the birdy. ^^

My art thread

: I'm sometimes CornMan.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-21 14:28:50

My first art contest, so I'm planning to put quite a bitof effort into it, so far I've completed a concept sketch, which I will need to re-draw on the computer to create the final version.I know it's probably what most people would expect with the red armor and huge muscular stature, but I hope to make up for that by creating a backstory to it aswell.

Any critiscism would be much appreciated.

not sure if im supposed to post concepts, but if not, sorry ;)

Minds shall break and bring a bright sky.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-21 14:59:15

At 6/21/07 02:28 PM, Ben wrote: Any critiscism would be much appreciated.

So far, not a bad sketch. Pretty cool. Can't wait to see a finished version.

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-21 15:44:36

The picture itself is very flat partly because the pose is so stiff. The armor is a bit random too.
But with that said, It doesn't look half bad. It's OK, continue working with it. :)

My art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-21 17:09:21

At 6/21/07 03:44 PM, Zhacross wrote:
The picture itself is very flat partly because the pose is so stiff. The armor is a bit random too.
But with that said, It doesn't look half bad. It's OK, continue working with it. :)

OK, so I started a second concept, taking your advice into consideration - I did a quick bit of research on posing and such, stuck to one type of armor and so far, I'm much happier with this one:

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-21 19:03:17

Just a quick question, but let's say that I've drawn out my Red Night in my sketchpad. I'm not going to have the time to 'digitize' it (that I know of) before Sunday, and I cant even find one cruddy old crayon anywhere in my house. The closest thing to color is water colors and acrylics, which the drawing is too small for.

Should I just upload it anyway and enter it, or would you consider it a WIP?

remember, it's just a pencil drawing

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-21 19:59:43

sintech, that's because I took a break from coming to the art forum and because I have no laptop to draw on Flash anymore. I actually do, do a lot of art, but I was just saying that this is like the One Hour FBF Collabs for the Flash Forum, where it will be sort of one of those things that is just so repetitive that they just kind of get overdone.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-21 20:13:29

At 6/21/07 07:59 PM, El-Presidente wrote: sintech, that's because I took a break from coming to the art forum and because I have no laptop to draw on Flash anymore. I actually do, do a lot of art, but I was just saying that this is like the One Hour FBF Collabs for the Flash Forum, where it will be sort of one of those things that is just so repetitive that they just kind of get overdone.

ok i get ya, but the thing is, this is going to be good, I'm going to do it every week. It creates a challenge for myself, and is not going to be just one of those run of the mill repeat challenge type deals.I didn't mean to get so defensive, but I am taking great pride in this, and it just seemed like another attack toward another user that has no talent. PS i just finished my image for week 2 it's a doozy! I'm sure all of the dark artists out there will have fun. And to Temariix go ahead and just post the sketch I'll still run it, for this I'm going to allow everyone i think, and let forum users decide on the merits of each person's talents.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-21 20:51:56

I'm not really satisfied with how this turned out.. umm description.

He's the red knight, feared throughout the world. With his awkwardly sideways sword he can kick anybody's ass.

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

SOUNDCLOUD|FACEBOOK|TWITTER|

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD IS RELEASING A MIXTAPE FEBRUARY ENTITLED "HIGH KING KUNG FU GOD"

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-21 21:49:50

The red night, A'gg loves to hunt for treasures in caves with the help of his treasured sword, Dawfin. The sword, when engulfed in darkness, gets one blade turned into flame, and when exposed to daylight, that one flame will turn back to metal in the shape of the flame. It's too bad that this time, A'gg doesn't know what he's in for.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-22 07:19:31

Should I just upload it anyway and enter it, or would you consider it a WIP?
remember, it's just a pencil drawing

I'm in the exact same seat as you. I don't think I'll get the time to finish it with colors. :/
I'm an expert at beginning things just before they should be done, yeah..

My art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-22 10:33:10

This will probably be my Last WIP, now I need to add detail and colour it...

The leg size in proportion to the body seems a bit odd butI'm much happier with it than the first concept. Now hopefully I won't screw it up in the last stages. I gave up on theidea of digitising it, I think I can make it look a lot better on paper than Iever could with flash or photoshop, though I may touch it up a bit on there.

Criticism once again welcomed :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-22 10:53:03

At 6/22/07 10:33 AM, Ben wrote: This will probably be my Last WIP, now I need to add detail and colour it...

Looks really good, much improved. Make sure you use a sharp pencil ;) Thats the other crit I would give for your other piece.

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-22 11:49:11

I really hate the way it was turning out, so I'll just submit it like this. =)
I was gonna put clothes on him after I did the skin.

Red Knight
The General of the Black Realm's Elite Fighters. =D

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-22 14:40:31

At 6/22/07 11:49 AM, ZuluCS wrote: I really hate the way it was turning out, so I'll just submit it like this. =)
I was gonna put clothes on him after I did the skin.

Red Knight
The General of the Black Realm's Elite Fighters. =D

really like the shading on the cape.. and awww c'mon finish coloring, it's looking good.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-22 14:40:33

Criticism once again welcomed :)

As Fuzz said, it looks improved over the last one. It's not as flat anymore; good thinking with the legs. Thou they may be a tad bit short and the arms seem somewhat robotic. I don't know if that was your purpose, but it's not a big deal. Small crits really..

My art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-22 16:01:07

At 6/22/07 02:40 PM, Zhacross wrote:
As Fuzz said, it looks improved over the last one. It's not as flat anymore; good thinking with the legs. Thou they may be a tad bit short

Yup, definately too short but I like the boots so I'd rather have him with short legs than erase them and cut it off at the lower leg.

and the arms seem somewhat robotic. I don't know if that was your purpose, but it's not a big deal. Small crits really..

The arms aren't completely finished yet, I plan to make them chainmail, which should hopefully make them look a bit less robotic.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-22 16:45:32

The Red Knight,

A powerful rogue warrior who uses his energy controlling ability to smite all in his path.

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-23 20:49:30

Can I enter my knight in tomorow, or is today the due date? I know you said Sunday, but it could mean the actual day.... or something.... lol

So yeah, could you just wait a tad? I dont have my sketchbook with me, but I can scan it in tomorow first thing (which would probably be around 10 am eastern time). I'm sorry it's going to be late.... I'll bake you a batch of chocolate muffins in condolence.

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-23 20:50:50

He's red since it's the only colour his horse could come in. He likes taking his horse for romantic strolls in the sunset, but doesn't like people drawing him and putting him in shitty 2D shading.
Piss awful description, sorry.

BBS Signature

Response to Ch.o.w. Character Of The Week 1 2007-06-23 20:58:18

At 6/23/07 08:50 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: He's red since it's the only colour his horse could come in. He likes taking his horse for romantic strolls in the sunset, but doesn't like people drawing him and putting him in shitty 2D shading.
Piss awful description, sorry.

Thats awesome, TOAS! Reminds me of the French guy from Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

I was looking through, but didnt see a deadline, I will start one if I have enough time!