00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Limaou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

15 Minute Sketches Here.,

191,459 Views | 1,652 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-11 12:46:00

At 5/11/08 12:40 PM, n wrote: in what program you doin this stuff?

most of it looks like photoshop, with a tablet, mostly. sometimes, theres a Flash piece... if not, then good ol' paper.

and, you might wanna quote who you're talking to, because there are multiple pieces of art, and people get confused...

i need to make something for this thread!

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-11 12:48:37

At 5/11/08 12:46 PM, kernalphage wrote:
At 5/11/08 12:40 PM, n wrote: in what program you doin this stuff?
most of it looks like photoshop, with a tablet, mostly. sometimes, theres a Flash piece... if not, then good ol' paper.ter.

Don't forget Painter. :]

My art thread

: I'm sometimes CornMan.

BBS Signature

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-11 12:55:34

At 5/11/08 12:48 PM, Zhacross wrote: Don't forget Painter. :]

true, true.

i don't really know many programs past Adobe.

there's also alias/autodesk Sketchbook... but that's like 5 years old at this point, right?
(lol, 256 ram on the specs page)

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-11 20:03:17

a quick life study sketch, hope tasteful nudity is not offensive or prohibited in this thread...done with my brand new graph-tab, baby! ten to fifteen minutes, I lost track of time. I'll keep doodling---

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-12 14:28:11

Thanks for all the nice comments!

At 1/20/08 09:27 PM, MindChamber wrote: character design for a possible game

I liked it very much when it got posted. It fits the type of character MindChamber likes for his games: A character who can do lots of actions, like flying, shooting, fighting, whateva... Except its a girl this time.
When I did this, I don´t know why, lots of different ideas spawned in my head, surely because we can´t see the outfit very well. In this one, I thought the game would be like "RoboCod with weapons" being the main character a doll trying to stop an army of toys turned into war-machines in a fantasy toy factory hell...
I didn´t draw the extra arms, sorry. And about the gun on the bottom... Having the grip on top gives it a radical look, but being the character so short... Well, I call that the "Creepy-Sweeper"... The nightmare of worms, ants,rats and all kind of creepy-crawley pests...

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-12 16:22:48

At 5/12/08 02:28 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: Thanks for all the nice comments!
I didn´t draw the extra arms, sorry. And about the gun on the bottom... Having the grip on top gives it a radical look, but being the character so short... Well, I call that the "Creepy-Sweeper"... The nightmare of worms, ants,rats and all kind of creepy-crawley pests...

great work I love the outfit!

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-12 22:18:57

#5 in 100 picture challenge
"Seeking Solace"

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 06:36:46

Glad you like it!

At 5/12/08 10:18 PM, UnderARock wrote: #5 in 100 picture challenge
"Seeking Solace"

Right now, a zit has popped out of my nose it fucking hurts a lot. That nose you´ve drawn... It seems that you´ve been able to take my pain and give it a graphical shape... Brilliant and painful at the same time. Good work.

Kernalphage... I don´t know if Parramón edits books out of Spain, but I´m sure you can get those references in any learn-to-draw book... That academic stuff is universal.

Yesterday I drew another version. So I´m posting it right now. It´s so unfinished... But I hope you enjoy it anyway. It won´t be the last time I draw her... but next time I´ll post something completely different.

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 06:59:38

At 5/13/08 06:36 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: but next time I´ll post something completely different.

... And that time is going to be right now ´cause I forgot again to comment on MindChamber´s panel (what a shame...).
Now I can see where are you going with this redesign... When I looked to your figure I thought: "It´s awesome, but it looks so different... Meh, it´s still on development, surely it´ll be the same old big blue bot we all know with slightly different proportions to give it some balance to stand on its own...".
Man, I was so wrong. This is not some minor updates... This is more like a MindChamber Version II!
... and I have to say that I love it. But... won´t it be really hard to animate with so much detail...? Or are you thinking in turning it into a 3D model (with characters in traditional 2D) for your series...? This is becoming more and more interesting by the minute!
... and about the panel itself... I love it. It´s tempting to ask you to leave it as it is now... I know you´ll do your best to make an awesome coloring work, but it looks so cool right now... If it works for Ashley Wood...
Well, as you may know, I don´t fancy posting without picture too much, so here´s my quick attempt at getting the hang of drawing the robots I liked to draw when I was a child. Yeah, those.

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 07:34:38

At 5/13/08 06:59 AM, BizarroJoe wrote:
At 5/13/08 06:36 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: but next time I´ll post something completely different.
... And that time is going to be right now ´cause I forgot again to comment on MindChamber´s panel (what a shame...).
Now I can see where are you going with this redesign... When I looked to your figure I thought: "It´s awesome, but it looks so different... Meh, it´s still on development, surely it´ll be the same old big blue bot we all know with slightly different proportions to give it some balance to stand on its own...".
Man, I was so wrong. This is not some minor updates... This is more like a MindChamber Version II!
... and I have to say that I love it. But... won´t it be really hard to animate with so much detail...? Or are you thinking in turning it into a 3D model (with characters in traditional 2D) for your series...? This is becoming more and more interesting by the minute!
... and about the panel itself... I love it. It´s tempting to ask you to leave it as it is now... I know you´ll do your best to make an awesome coloring work, but it looks so cool right now... If it works for Ashley Wood...
Well, as you may know, I don´t fancy posting without picture too much, so here´s my quick attempt at getting the hang of drawing the robots I liked to draw when I was a child. Yeah, those.

cool picture, and awesome work on that girl picture you have before this one! I love the X on here belly button heheh, it gives it something. Normally when I do chibigirls I make their legs and feet very "hoof-like" but when I did that drawing I went even pointier, which was inspired by your work.
your new ones of her take it to the next level. great work!

as for mindchamber and his details, when I do the flash it will be a mixture of 3d ( to maintain volume)
and will probably be made up of over 100 2D symbols, this will keep the detail in whatever angle I need him in.

keep up the great work dude.

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 08:29:32

Pretty sweet sketch you got there....
(For 15 minutes I mean...)

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 10:11:07

quick ink and color for something.. (BG was already made)

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 10:18:02

flinstone flakes?.

BBS Signature

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 10:43:17

At 5/13/08 10:18 AM, bird-man wrote: flinstone flakes?.

pebbles?

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 13:05:19

I can't believe you posted a 15 minute sketch and got 680 replies.....

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 13:28:38

HAHA, doll form of my friends baka-sama ^^

its baka-con-sama hahaha

Be Still And Let Me Speak

BBS Signature

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 20:26:38

At 5/13/08 06:36 AM, BizarroJoe wrote:
Right now, a zit has popped out of my nose it fucking hurts a lot. That nose you´ve drawn... It seems that you´ve been able to take my pain and give it a graphical shape... Brilliant and painful at the same time. Good work.

Thanks man lol
#6 in 100 pic challenge "break away"

should I make a thread to put these in?

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 20:28:10

At 5/13/08 08:26 PM, UnderARock wrote:
should I make a thread to put these in?

Yes.

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-13 20:31:34

LOL that bird is pretty ticked off

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-14 06:19:04

At 5/13/08 07:34 AM, MindChamber wrote:
Normally when I do chibigirls I make their legs and feet very "hoof-like" but when I did that drawing I went even pointier, which was inspired by your work.
your new ones of her take it to the next level. great work!

Oh, my... /^o^\

as for mindchamber and his details, when I do the flash it will be a mixture of 3d ( to maintain volume)
and will probably be made up of over 100 2D symbols, this will keep the detail in whatever angle I need him in.

Oh, Gawd! \@o@/

keep up the great work dude.

I´ll try to do my best!

At 5/13/08 10:11 AM, MindChamber wrote: quick ink and color for something.. (BG was already made)

That costume is überfunny. Turtle shoulderpads... As a small kid, I loved that Flintstones gadgets... Could this be an idea for an art thread? "Stone-age Videogame Characters!". What about Joe & Mac the Caveman Ninja...?

At 5/13/08 01:28 PM, sherru wrote: HAHA, doll form of my friends baka-sama ^^

Cute, nice use of the texture. You seem to use PhotoShop better than me...

At 5/13/08 08:26 PM, UnderARock wrote:
Thanks man lol
#6 in 100 pic challenge "break away"

These are coming really good, put them all together in their own thread and then explain us there what is this "challenge" about... I´m curious.
Oh, my zit doesn´t hurt me anymore. It exploded at last. Man, what a relief.

Next chapter of "My drawing of Yesterday".
After all these years of endless fighting, Ryu realises that he needs a good shaving...

So do I.

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-14 06:44:31

hahaha BizarroJoe, you actually replied to everyone at one time! NICE! and tnx, that thingy didn't take me 15, it was more to 18 but who's counting right,

and that pic of yours is awesome, is it the guy from street fighter?

Rio- or rea something like that- kens friend damnit

BBS Signature

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-14 21:29:23

I wish I had half the talent you guys do.

I tried drawing a rough outline to use as a reference while drawing my guy, but I'm not sure it helped much. Also, the rough sketch isn't that great to begin with. T_T

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-14 23:01:46

A cool bug figure

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" Ghandi

"Do not go were the path leads you, instead go were there is no path and leave a a trail"

BBS Signature

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-15 07:24:06

At 5/14/08 06:44 AM, sherru wrote: and that pic of yours is awesome, is it the guy from street fighter?

Rio- or rea something like that- kens friend damnit

GHÑANM. (Sound of upper teeth pressing against lower lip.)
Are you kidding me, right?
GODDAMMIT, woman, you better be kiddin´ me.

"Porque maté un perro me llaman Mataperros."
This is a spanish proverb that translates roughly as "I killed a dog once, and now I´m called the Dogkiller." It´s about people don´t forget your mistakes easily, and they always seem unforgiving, no matter how stupid or unimportant. You´ll be remembered for that forever.
BlackmarketKraig is one of the most Art Forum-dedicated mods around. As far as I know, he seems to be an illustrated man, fond of High-Art, well-mannered and illustrated. A true gentleman. I sometimes think that he´s somewhat understimated ´cause he doesn´t make much noise, He just makes his work with a clock-like precison, avoiding all fuss and scandal.
He´s also an artist, quite talented and coherent with his art likings. It´s a pity he hasn´t post in a long time, I bet many people ignores about his talent.
I think I have stated clearly how much I appreciate Kraig. Well, all this droning is because the only time I´ve crossed words with him, in my Lewd Cathouse Banners thread, he said to me:

Looks great but what is the dilly with her pointy feet?

Among some useful information about legal prostitution that is not important right now.
Of course, I didn´t get upset or anything, don´t get me wrong. But since then, each time I drew legs, feet or lower limbs, I always remembered Kraig´s words... Maybe there were people who thought I didn´t drew feet because I sucked at drawing them. MAYBE they were right and I was a coward. No, they weren´t. But how do I show it to them?
And, well here´s my Yesterday´s drawing... I was practising anatomy and I thought: "Now it´s the time."

Dedicated with all my love and respect to BlackmarketKraig.

P.S. 1: Excuse me for the long post, MindChamber. I had to tell the whole story... Hope you had some giggles.
P.S. 2:Now I owe a night out in bars with Zekey, and an evening in a Café with Kraig... Don´t know that much about art, but I´ll be glad to learn.

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-15 09:33:05

At 5/15/08 07:24 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: And, well here´s my Yesterday´s drawing... I was practising anatomy and I thought: "Now it´s the time."

That's a beaut of a foot right there. Your usual piggy trotter feet are fine, they're very discrete in the pic.

BBS Signature

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-15 11:48:36

how many minutes bug that turned into a cat

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-15 16:18:07

wat

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-15 18:58:07

I love sketching, this thing seem so familiar and i dont know why...

BBS Signature

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-16 06:40:49

At 5/15/08 09:33 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
That's a beaut of a foot right there. Your usual piggy trotter feet are fine, they're very discrete in the pic.

Haha... Thanks a lot, But I´m still expecting what will be Kraig thinking of this...
BTW, your latest works are superb; your archi-techs & stuff...
TOAS=Tiki Ornaments Are Slick?

At 5/15/08 06:58 PM, 0nKILL wrote: I love sketching, this thing seem so familiar and i dont know why...

A mouser from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
It´s really nice anyway.

Yesterday´s pic Episode 4:

I mean, what the fuck.
I was supposed to draw a robot. I made the fast prior shapes and, when defining... Well, look.
Do this bulky amount of flesh look like a robot to you?! Dammit. I don´t know what took over me...
I hate when this happens.

Response to 15 Minute Sketches Here., 2008-05-16 07:00:39

hay wow, all of your guys workx are so coo! i should really start to practice some more... ill get around to it, hay bizzarojoe where did you learn to draw? you had to have a teacher somwhere, books wont cut it. so tell me

BBS Signature