00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonWolfNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

751,281 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-05 18:00:53

At 5/5/09 05:48 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote:
At 5/5/09 05:43 PM, ShadowWest wrote: is that correct?
Yep

also been thinking of upgrading my PS3's hard drive, since most games I've bought recently have had relatively big installs, and the last thing I want to do when I'm running out of space is delete stuff and all that crap if more games coming out are going to have big installs.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-05 18:36:45

Actually that is incorrect.

You can download each item UNLIMITED times on FIVE different Playstation 3's.

Anyway nowadays, newer games don't even have installs and only need 16 MB or so.
Take Killzone 2 or Call of Duty 4 for example.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-05 18:55:16

At 5/5/09 04:47 PM, iateamexican wrote: I'm pissed off about this, Jak and Daxter was brilliant and a PS3 game could have been amazing. Goddamit..

Never really got to play it but I heard the series started to go down the gutter.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-05 19:38:29

At 5/5/09 07:34 PM, xscoot wrote:
Why can't game companies just poll their audience? I'm sire a couple of multiple choice questions could steer the new Sonic games away from friends and the other stupid crap they've done to the series. Developers really need to listen to their fans.

Do you know what 4chan would do?

Q: Who should be Jaks partner?
A: RICK ASTLEY (5686930 Votes)

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-05 20:44:38

Whatever. /b/ is still the main community of 4chan itself.

I downloaded a couple more themes. About 70 in total.
Zuma is a fucking hair puller.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-06 10:32:39

At 5/5/09 06:36 PM, megamanbn6 wrote: Actually that is incorrect.

You can download each item UNLIMITED times on FIVE different Playstation 3's.

wait yea, you're right.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-06 10:38:28

At 5/5/09 06:55 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 5/5/09 04:47 PM, iateamexican wrote: I'm pissed off about this, Jak and Daxter was brilliant and a PS3 game could have been amazing. Goddamit..
Never really got to play it but I heard the series started to go down the gutter.

Jak X was a racing spin off, as was Daxter. Daxter wasnt bad, Jak X was shit. Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters wasnt shit, Ratchet: Gladiator was. Ratchet and Clank came back on PS3, if history repeats itself (and Naught Dog did it right) Jak and Daxter 4 could have been good, or better.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-06 14:39:08

So a huge surprise, the Ghost Busters game is being published by Sony and is at least a timed exclusive on all Sony platforms.

:o

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-06 15:06:48

At 5/6/09 02:39 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: So a huge surprise, the Ghost Busters game is being published by Sony and is at least a timed exclusive on all Sony platforms.

o

That swings that one, then. I was on the fence as to which console to buy it for.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-06 15:30:52

At 5/6/09 02:44 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
It says if I delete it, my messages, trophies and other info will be deleted. I already have my stuff on back up but it gives the impression if I do it permadeletes everything.

Can I delete its safely without it somehow deleting my PSN?

That's not supposed to happen.
Post on the playstation forums.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-06 17:09:48

At 5/6/09 02:39 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: So a huge surprise, the Ghost Busters game is being published by Sony and is at least a timed exclusive on all Sony platforms.

o

in PAL regions.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-06 17:18:25

At 5/6/09 05:09 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:

o
in PAL regions.

Yes sir.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-06 22:44:12

So how about them Knicks?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-06 23:04:53

At 5/6/09 10:27 PM, Hycran wrote: Also, I finally beat the first expansion garden in pixeljunk eden. It's so huge and intimidating that I hardly think i can be faulted for the slow start.

Yeah, all of the new gardens are so huge. They're also a lot easier though. I didn't die once and I got all the spectra. Nothing nearly as hard as Garden 7 or 10.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-06 23:33:44

Warhawk is a shitload of fun. The control take some getting use to though.

Also Resistance 2 should be in soon.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-07 02:01:46

I have 50 bucks, 20 of which I will spend on a bluetooth headset.

The other 20, will be spent on a game.

Any suggestions, guys?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-07 08:59:33

At 5/7/09 08:10 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Fucking hell these couriers are taking their time.

I want to get back to trophy collecting.

Will be Friday before I get another game...you lucky bastard. XD
I'm gonna grab Wolverine if its in so I can Rack up some Trophy's and Catch ya.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-07 10:45:22

At 5/5/09 06:00 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
At 5/5/09 05:48 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote:
At 5/5/09 05:43 PM, ShadowWest wrote: is that correct?
Yep

also been thinking of upgrading my PS3's hard drive, since most games I've bought recently have had relatively big installs, and the last thing I want to do when I'm running out of space is delete stuff and all that crap if more games coming out are going to have big installs.

Exactly, do you know how to upgrade the hard drive? I mean I know you can buy the hard drive, like a 160 gig or a 200 gig off a site or off the market. But Its been bugging me, do you need to install something onto the drive first BEFORE you put it into the PS3? Or does the system do it on its own?
I was wondering was all.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-07 10:52:34

At 5/7/09 10:47 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 5/7/09 10:45 AM, Shadoan wrote: Exactly, do you know how to upgrade the hard drive? I mean I know you can buy the hard drive, like a 160 gig or a 200 gig off a site or off the market. But Its been bugging me, do you need to install something onto the drive first BEFORE you put it into the PS3? Or does the system do it on its own?
I was wondering was all.
Upgrading a PS3 hard drive is easy.

You don't need to install anything. The PS3 will require you to format it and does it for you. As for putting a hard drive in. It's dead easy but rather than type it all out, I'll direct you to here.

Thanks man :)

PSN ID: Shadoan2008 If anyone needs a friend added to their friend list or are just bored, Im up to play a game or 2. My game library is limited though -_-

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-07 15:17:45

Scratch that, LittleBigPlanet is coming instead of Resistance. I hope I enjoy it.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-07 15:29:57

holy fuckballs

3D Realms has been shut down?!

Wow, that's pretty big news.

They must of been working on Duke Nukem Forever for like 13 years, I hope someone finishes it :\

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-07 18:09:29

Got Super Stardust last night. Fuck knows why I didn't get it sooner, it's so much fun :P Also, I've been owning all week on Killzone. I might get top 1% if I'm lucky.

Anyone up for some zombies on CoD right now? Give me a yell if you wanna get down ;)

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-07 19:52:26

At 5/7/09 06:09 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Got Super Stardust last night. Fuck knows why I didn't get it sooner, it's so much fun :P Also, I've been owning all week on Killzone. I might get top 1% if I'm lucky.

Anyone up for some zombies on CoD right now? Give me a yell if you wanna get down ;)

SSHD is seriously too hard.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-07 21:32:27

At 5/7/09 03:21 PM, xscoot wrote:
At 5/6/09 10:27 PM, Hycran wrote: In other news, duke nukem has finally been canned.
I would like to analyze this sentence a bit further. What?

Can we get a link? Or at least a note? I mean, there is no way that after 13 years the game was canceled. I mean, why not just finish the thing out?

Oh, and are any of you guys going to do the update for MGO, or am I not going to play you guys, ever?

No, because I'm poor and want to focus on other games, like my 2nd to last run through on Survivor with no Vita-Cahmbers to get 58 of the Tonics and Plasmids, all weapons upgrades, and any other random trophy I didn't get. Unfortunately, I'll have to play through once again to get the Hard difficulty with no Vita-Chambers.

Then I'm moving on to KZ2 trophies, and then Resistance 2 trophies (or Trophy, since I only need to grind out 10K kills).

At 5/7/09 07:52 PM, scetch00 wrote:
At 5/7/09 06:09 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Got Super Stardust last night. Fuck knows why I didn't get it sooner, it's so much fun :P

It's one of the early games that was good on the PS3.

SSHD is seriously too hard.

Not really. I've gotten all the trophies except for the Co-Op one because it's hard as balls to share the screen, especially when the other person has never played it, and the 10 nukes one, since some levels are just gay.

But other than that and the 15 bomb trophy, it's pretty easy.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-08 12:50:05

At 5/8/09 12:44 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Remember that sackboy giveaway on youtube.

I sent for one. Haven't got it yet, mind.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-08 13:01:52

At 5/8/09 12:59 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: But you don't like LBP...I assume you just did because it's free.

Yeah. I'll take anything for free.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-08 17:24:48

I'm bugging my friend to let me on his account again to Game Share for his Burnout Cops pack. And Watchmen =(

He's bought alot of things since the last time and I'm mad =( But I'm offering to let him use my account regardless. He doesn't want it. He's so kind and generous =P

I'm gonna buy him something eventually. Maybe that Galactrix game.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-08 18:21:24

Ghostbusters 25th Anniversary: 2009 celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of Ghostbusters. To mark the occasion, Ghostbusters: The Video Game will be released, and Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II will be released on Blu-ray%u2122 disc.

GB1 and 2 released on the new game too?

Yay?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-08 18:45:58

At 5/8/09 06:21 PM, scetch00 wrote: GB1 and 2 released on the new game too?

Not on, but alongside. Putting the movies on/with the game disc has been something that's been thrown around ever since the game was originally announced, particularly once it got delayed to the 25th anniversary. Nothing concrete yet though. It seems like a no-brainer special edition, but I would think it would have been announced by now if it was happening. There's probably a better chance in Europe now that Sony is publishing.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-05-08 19:06:19

On ListenUp this week, Shane mentioned there being two 'megaton' game announcements during the press conferences. This echoes what a GameInformer editor twittered earlier today. It didn't sound like it's coming from Nintendo, since Shane said he didn't think a Mario or Zelda game was going to be announced, which is the only megaton Nintendo game I can think of. They also talked a bit about Team ICO, and he said he didn't know it was going to be there, so it's probably not that.

Other sort of interesting stuff:
Ken Levine game probably going to be at E3, probably at the Microsoft press conference.
Heavy Rain coverage is embargoed until the first day at E3, which is the same day as the Sony press conference. Shane's also heard that it's definitely coming out this year.

Shane's not exactly the most reliable source. I doubt he's wrong about the two games, since the GameInformer guy said the same thing, but he's overhyped lots of things before. Remember when we were led to believe Square-Enix was going to somehow tip the balance back into Sony's favor and it turned out to be the exclusive demo in Japan? That was him. He actually works in the industry now at Ignition Entertainment, so he's in a different position, but I'm not about to believe everything he says as fact. I miss him as a regular on the podcast though. Pretty smart and well-informed PS3 fan.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature