00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

748,227 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 12:49:56

At 7/28/08 11:33 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Sounds good

I'll play siren when it's darker :p

There should be a fucking warning that comes with that game. Seriously; 'Do not play if you have the sense of hearing or sight.' I just can't stand it. She's everywhere at once, you can hear her no matter where she is, it's so freaking scary.

She'd actually be less scary if she was invincible. At least that way you don't get a false sense of hope after shooting her.

Finally got a keyboard. Huzzah!

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 14:03:59

Wait, Ichigo, what firmware did your PSP have when you installed CFWt? would I be able to hack mine using a pandoras battery? I don't really know how they work so I'm not sure.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 18:07:32

NCsoft is set to reveal a game codenamed Project [M] this Thursday.

It could be one of the three NCSoft PS3 projects.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 18:36:40

Where the fuck is the Pixel Junk Eden Demo?

Jerkapotmus was like "its in the USA store"

I CANT FIND IT :-(

Also For all you brits....TOP GEAR ON PS3
sdjfhsijfsaoij vsafh psf nerf <<<<<<<<<<< Excitment

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 18:45:14

At 7/28/08 06:07 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: NCsoft is set to reveal a game codenamed Project [M] this Thursday.

It could be one of the three NCSoft PS3 projects.

NCSoft?

This is sure to be a win of epic proportions.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 19:08:05

At 7/28/08 06:36 PM, jtm17 wrote: Where the fuck is the Pixel Junk Eden Demo?

Jerkapotmus was like "its in the USA store"

I CANT FIND IT :-(

Look in "New Releases". It should be on the third row down.

Also For all you brits....TOP GEAR ON PS3
sdjfhsijfsaoij vsafh psf nerf <<<<<<<<<<< Excitment

Meh. Youtube has more than enough Top Gear material on it for me.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 19:16:31

At 7/28/08 06:11 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: NCsoft? They do a lot of MMOs. City of Heroes/Villains is one if I'm not mistaken.

Yep. Guild Wars and Lineage are their other ip's of note, though they have quite a few others. To me, their most attractive offering is that they don't charge subscription fees, which may be a reality with The Agency and DC Universe Online.

I think it was last year E3 press conference that Sony announced they had a partnership with NCSoft for 3 games.

I'm not tired of MMO's being announced, since none have been released yet. I'm tired of online shooters being announced. We already have Warhawk and SOCOM, MAG, and Hardware 2 are already announced. Plus there's Brothers in Arms, Resistance 2, and Killzone 2 which will likely all have robust multiplayer modes. I want some more single player experiences like Uncharted and some more RPG's announced.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 19:21:48

At 7/28/08 06:11 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I'm still wondering how DC Universe will work. You're a DC hero but how can so many people can be the same DC hero? Or you become a new hero?

I missed this part.

You make your own new hero. You can either let the game make your character by basing it off an existing hero, or you can customize it yourself. As you complete more missions and get more credit, you'll be fighting alongside the DC superheros. Apparently, the goal as a hero is to eventually become apart of the Justice League. I imagine there's something similar for villains. The story will focus on exactly why all of the heroes and villains are in one place.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 00:08:35

InFamous gameplay demo. It looks pretty good to me, especially the city exploration. It looks like a GTA-esque city combined with a faster, more fluid version of Assassin's Creed climbing mechanics.

DC Universe Q&A with some glimpses at gameplay.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 05:25:44

Bloody hell, slow down

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 08:49:06

At 7/28/08 09:08 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
Here's a list of games out in September but they're all wrong or time has sneaked up on me
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/-
/580/774/3-/ComingSoon.html?ob=date&cpag e=2&fd=1+Jan+1900&ld=1+Jan+1900

Yea they're just placeholder dates, I highly doubt all those games to be released on the same day, that would suck.
Killzone 2 isn't out till Feburary, and I'm sure Mirrors Edge is out next year too.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 09:53:27

At 7/29/08 09:17 AM, Hycran wrote:
if you had read my post, you would know it is coming out this year in a few months, but honestly, who reads something if its two pages behind the current one? :3

Ack, sorry, I have short term memory loss.....it's extremely annoying.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 10:00:43

My Soulcalibur IV hasn't been dispatched yet. This is the part where I get paranoid and convinced it's not going to come on release day, and then it does anyway.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 10:16:49

At 7/29/08 10:10 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Go to an independent game shop. Buy it there, cancel pre order when you get home. Street dates mean nothing now.

You can guarantee that if I did that, I'd come home, and it would say it'd been dispatched, though.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 11:05:59

Bloody hell Siren episode 5 is terrifying.
And it just started thundering! I can't force myself to play for a bit....Im going to give it a rest.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 11:09:09

Cool new LBP Info.
Check it out

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 11:33:20

At 7/28/08 02:03 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Wait, Ichigo, what firmware did your PSP have when you installed CFWt? would I be able to hack mine using a pandoras battery? I don't really know how they work so I'm not sure.

hell i forget what firmware i had before i installed, it was a pretty long time ago. anyways that still wouldn't matter in any way whatsoever. here's how the two tools work, the magic memory stick should be loaded with a whole bunch of installs and stuff plus the M33 firmware itself and when you swap out the regular battery and put in the pandoras battery, it thinks that the psp is bricked and loads the M33 firmware data from the magic memory stick and then installs it assuming that it's official firmware (but it's not). trust me the initial installation of custom firmware is the hardest part of using it (which isn't too hard once you completely figure out how to do it), updating and getting homebrew, cw cheats, isos, and all of that cool stuff is so ridiculously easy to do.

PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 11:44:06

Why is everyone too lazy to actually look up the Mirror's Edge release date? It's November 11.

The only games in September that matter are Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway. I'll probably only buy Star Wars. I can wait for Resistance 2 for an FPS.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 12:36:18

At 7/29/08 11:05 AM, Abyssus wrote: Bloody hell Siren episode 5 is terrifying.
And it just started thundering! I can't force myself to play for a bit....Im going to give it a rest.

Tell me about it

For anyone who cares, me and Abyssus here were exchanging messages whilst shitting ourselves during Chapter 5 (which I just beat btw) it is genuinly horrifying.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 14:00:12

Can one of you guys who beat Episode 5 tell me what happens in the last few blocks? I couldn't get passed the bit where you play as the nun, so I just skipped it.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 14:14:48

At 7/29/08 02:00 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Can one of you guys who beat Episode 5 tell me what happens in the last few blocks? I couldn't get passed the bit where you play as the nun, so I just skipped it.

I almost skipped it too, it was a bit annoying figuring out what to do.
All you do really is use your ability to see the past to find out some stuff, and go through a hidden door near the sea. Then there was a cutscene showing the girl being chased by loads of shibito, then shes like "oh gawd help me", and it ends. I dont really remember anything else lol

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 14:53:06

I still havent finished chapter 5.
My dog was just killed...Got scared on her walk and ran away into the road. I can't even believe it.
Seriously I'm so gutted.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 15:43:50

Ah man that's too bad losing a dog is literally like losing one of your best friends :x.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 15:47:14

Oh, tough luck there Abyssus.

May your dog find rest in the kennel of Heaven, or the pole, chain and collar of Valhalla, or the park with an unusually large amount of summer seats of The Otherworld. Sorry for being so imprecise, but I forget where dogs go again.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 16:27:38

I've been told that Blood Curse isn't as boring, stiff or confusing to navigate as Silent Hill 2 so I'll probably buy it.
Also, sorry about your dog, Abyssus.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 16:34:21

At 7/29/08 04:27 PM, WORLDTHREAT wrote: I've been told that Blood Curse isn't as boring, stiff or confusing to navigate as Silent Hill 2 so I'll probably buy it.
Also, sorry about your dog, Abyssus.

And the reliable source of this information would be....?

Also, again sorry for you loss Abyssus, it really sucks losing a pet.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 16:53:06

Sorry for double post, but in my boredom I came up with some MGS4 trophy ideas...

I just wanted a hug...

CQC 5 Enemies in a row - Bronze Trophy

Gimme your wallet!

Search a PMC Soldier - Bronze Trophy

BOOM HEADSHOT!!

Get 10 headshots using only 1 magazine - Silver Trophy

L337 5K1LL5

Obtain the Big Boss emblem - Gold Trophy

Pwetty Pwease Konami?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 17:02:57

Some of those trophies sound near official.
I don't want to play Siren right now though, because I'm really not in the mood, and it's too scary for now!

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 17:05:03

Oh and cheers for the understanding guys.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 17:27:59

At 7/29/08 05:02 PM, Abyssus wrote: Some of those trophies sound near official.
I don't want to play Siren right now though, because I'm really not in the mood, and it's too scary for now!

w00t

and I don't blame you mate lol I might still play it before I watch a movie and go to sleep, dunno.