00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AOL Blocking NG?

39,909 Views | 331 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 00:41:01

newgrounds= non gays
aol=gays

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 01:06:41

A-O-HELL

AOL i think they are black listing you tom
i wounder what you would get if you typed in keyword newgrounds.. on aol, they would probably send you to a anti -newgrounds page...lol people of aol if you can sighn up for hotmail or something not tied in with aol

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 01:22:25

God, look at Newgrounds.

Hey, Tom, turn down the suck, man.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 02:02:15

i had aol for awhile, but i got rid of it and got msn

msn rules!!!

aol sucks ass >:|

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 02:37:36

By the way Tom, excite has newgrounds blocked too. You can't sign up with an excite email address.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 02:44:40

anyone seen this ad pop up on NG

AOL Blocking NG?

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 03:01:30

Y'know, I've never seen it, but it's the very definition of irony. I think. I don't really know what that word means. At any rate, if AOL was doing it on purpose, then I'd be pissed. Since everyone is going on about how much AOL sucks, I would be surprised if they were. It seems like another thing to add to the big list of how much AOL sucks, without even trying.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 04:37:54

The problem is there will ALWAYS be enough dumb newbies that pick AOL because they know no better. It's a shame that such a crap service is so popular.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 04:52:54

i have a dog

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 05:01:02

I VOTE TOM FULP MAKES A FLASH THAT HUMILIATES AOL AND ALL IT"S USERS!!! HURRAY FOR NEWGROUNDS!!!!!

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 07:26:33

I hate AOl but I use it because it's much cheaper than BT Broadband at the moment, and we can only get AOL B/Band where I live.

AOL is one of the shittest ISP's out there, and I am just counting the days to when my bomb has been created... then they'll see

o_0

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 08:16:29

I'd like to share a custom that my friends and I share on the very last day of each school year. On the last day of school my friends and I take all the AOL Trial Version CDs from around our homes, usually only the CDs delived to the homes of those not owning a computer nor would know how to turn it on either. We load our NG bookbags full and let each disc take flight into the school campus. As we watch them shine and spin in the glory of the warm late spring to summer weather we sigh in relief of another year passing, sadly this will be our last together as we prepare for graduation, prom, and last farewells. Ah, I dream everyday for the 19 or so remaining days till I hear the crashing and breaking of pieces of AOL CDs. I personally have nothing against AOL nor do for NG, for school... maybe.

BBS Signature

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 09:59:08

Fortunately I didn't sign up AOL once in my life,.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 10:28:07

Ok this topic is done for. I mean we have all said our peace about aol and that is that. tom or wade needs to make a new post on the main page. you know from this whole topic I think three people said that they have aol and everyone uses something else.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 10:46:22

I don't like aol cause it cost too much money.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 11:18:46

WOULD YOU PEOPLE PLEASE FUCKING PAY ATTENTION?!?!?!?!

AOL is NOT blocking NG! It's called PARENTAL CONTROLS! The AOL users who are not getting their e-mail from NG DO NOT HAVE THEIR ACCOUNTS SET UP TO RECIEVE INTERNET MAIL! It's their own fucking stupidity or the fact their parents have blocked the mail that stopped mail from NG, NOT AOL! God, get a fucking half a brain people!

And AOL does not suck nor is it for morons.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 11:32:37

At 5/8/03 11:18 AM, GambitsLove wrote: WOULD YOU PEOPLE PLEASE FUCKING PAY ATTENTION?!?!?!?!

AOL is NOT blocking NG! It's called PARENTAL CONTROLS!

Well some people refuse to read that. I knew that was what it was cause I had to change my hotmail settings to get NG mail. But other users just want to say aol sucks and not listen to anything said about it.

And AOL does not suck nor is it for morons.

Ok I will go as far as to say aol is not for morons, but I will say it sucks cause I used to have aol so I know how much of a pain it is and how bad some shit it with that thing.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 11:40:27

AOL SUCKS I HATE 'EM. I STOPPED ABOUT 4 PEOPLE GETTING AOL WHICH I'M PROUD OF. YOU SHOULD SUE AOL OR MAKE A COMPRIMISE THAT IF THEY DON'T MAKE YOUR EMAILS GO IN THE INBOX AND AND NOT THE BULK MAIL OR SPAM FOLDER, YOU WON'T SUE. I CAN'T SUGGEST A LIAR, UHH I MEAN A LAWYER, BUT YOU SHOULD STILL SUE!!!

LAWSUIT LAWSUIT LAWSUIT YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 11:55:24

I agree that AOL is a peice of crap, but until i get a new comp for my room, im stuck using the family one wich is on gAyOL. If AOL users are blocked from NG, can i still get on using IE ?

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 12:03:42

At 5/7/03 09:05 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have been experiencing a recent surge in AOL users who aren't getting their validation emails, which means they can't validate and use their NG user accounts. While the idea of blocking AOL users from NG has always been tempting, we would like to leave that decision to us and not AOL.

It looks like AOL is filtering our emails as spam - which is complete bullshit. Blue Mountain (greeting cards) actually sued Microsoft (a competitor in the on-line greeting cards industry) a while back, because Microsoft had their software auto-delete Blue Mountain cards as spam. Think about how much that must have hurt their business, when everyone using Outlook stopped receiving greeting cards from Blue Mountain!

That is basically what AOL is doing to us - cutting off our ability to reach people with requested validation emails and "Tell a Friend" emails that help spread the word. It is really pissing me off. Could some AOL users help us figure out the exact problem? Is it a junkmail filter that can be disabled, or do you not even get a choice?

Perhaps NG will prosper from the sudden drought of AOL users, who are notorious for being the dumbest people on the web. No offense, AOL users... but your service sucks and you should switch before they go under. Not to mention they make you share your IP address with a gazillion other users, and it limits your ability to vote for stuff on NG and other sites that check IPs.

So there are two ways we can solve this - either get AOL to stop blacklisting us, or get everyone to stop using AOL. I would prefer both.

Wish I had a say in what ISP im able to use, Tom. But I dont pay the bills :D, someone else does (Use to have cable, but then cable companies jacked up price to better serve buisness customers using their ISP. Then there's the installation fee)
Regardless, I dont think Earthlink, or Netzero would be any better at clocking my shitty 56k modem to "56k" instead of 30-45k.

Besides, if AOL is blocking user's validation emails, why cant they just make a hotmail account instead?.

Thanks for calling me dumb btw :*(

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 12:06:24

I use AOL and it does suck, but i can at least get on newgrounds.com thats all i care about, and talk to my mates and my girlfriend (i meet her on AOL)

AOL Blocking NG?

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 12:53:30

"That's another thing about AOL users. They have some kind of denial issue about the 'greatest' ISP ever would infact be portrayed as being the gayest."

AOL Blocking NG?

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 12:58:16

While we're not on the subject, here come the:
NG Improvement requests.
When I'm writing a review for a movie and it gets blammed while writing it, the review cannot be saved, even if it exists on the graveyard.
If I try to give so encouragement to a flash artist, when I can see their flash is going to get blammed soon... After the movie get's blammed, my review is not added to my profile page and I cannot see the author's response. So if I don't visit the graveyard the next day, I'll never see the response. So basically, if a movie is doing bad, don't review it.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 14:42:18

yeah aol sucks but i got the £90 broadband modem for free - perhaps thats why they're going under

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 14:42:58

NEGROUNDS RULEZZZZZZZ... AOL DRULEZZZZZZZZ

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 14:45:27

I use aol and I'm only as much as a dumbass as everyone else on this website. But I'd still rather not use AOL, but since my parents pay for it I can't do anything about it. However, I don't seem to be having any kind of problem. I still receive the top 5 portal listings and stuff like that.

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 14:50:23

Hi, I taste like butter, but i'm not. AOL, what's AOL? o_O O_o? How are you today, I am good. And good I am, I am an AOL tech support worker - I have come here to clear all of this up. In one short sentence, you will understand what AOL's meaning is:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

You see, AOL likes to think of you as guinea pigs. We do not think you're stupid, just ignorant and hypocritical. In other words, you're our test subjects and we are the scientists. Thank you, have a great day! :-)

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 15:31:48

At 5/7/03 09:05 AM, TomFulp wrote: So there are two ways we can solve this - either get AOL to stop blacklisting us, or get everyone to stop using AOL. I would prefer both.

Well...If you guys started to keep AOL users out..It would suck for me. And probably not only me. I do believe Newgrounds would loose many many visitors and members if AOL users were not permitted.

The best way to solve this problem is to first, wait it out for a bit, see if it is only a temporary problem, third(if it is not a temp. problem.) contact AOL and figure out what's going on. If you can't fix it by then, I guess you should just live with AOL users not being able to join. Banning those already on AOL won't help.

BBS Signature

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 15:32:59

"Go to hell! Theres nothing I can do to switch my AOL!! I wouldnt be able to go to newgrounds any more!"

BBS Signature

Response to AOL Blocking NG? 2003-05-08 15:51:20

hey u know that is a good idea we can threaten the aol to back off or we will take away their members! IT JUST MIGHT WORK!!!