00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bitommy762 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,262 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-14 11:28:42

Who is Dorkboy you ask. Dorkboy is my flunkey who creates 40k sprites for my project. (Dorkboy is to be really honest my brother, I just slaved him into my service by forcing him to sprite for food.) As for the model you choose to represent yourself, it doesn't matter which model you choose. I myself am represented by a Cadian lieutenant. You can be represented by any model you wish, just as long as you state the wargear, any special stuff such as "Stubborn", "Fearless" or "Psyker" and colours if the pic is BW everthing is a-okay! Once the sprites are done and approved by you guys I'll reveal my plans. Deviating myes! *Insert manical laughter here*

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-15 04:40:33

Greetings,

Yar! Not to be a complete asshole, but how are you guys going to carry such a large amount of weapons?

My character only carries a boltpistol and chainsword. He is protected by carapace armor and has nothing special. Come to think of it your characters must be the half total of the armylist by studying the wargear.

BoltgunClock: A realistic commander with some good wargear. The stormbolter in the gauntlet of the lightning claw reminds me of Horus. (Forgive me for this heretical thought!) The jumppack helps him become more of a terror amongst the enemy. Which stat line does he use? The Leader, Commander or Force Commander statline? Does he also have a retinue/command squad who helps him in combat (Dorkboy wishes to know that from all of you, it really helps him out.)

-Sphere-: Aboot the jetbike, I don't think that the humans are advanced enough to create such devices. To ride a enemy vehicle would be a heresy for a Space Marine. Also, that many god-like weapons on a mere bike? (But hey, I'm more fluff induced then the avarage 40K player.)

-MOLE-: You carry a crapload of wargear. A heavy bolter, master crafted boltpistol, a shotgun (A SM carrying a shotgun...) and you ride a special Ravenwing bike with TWO MULTI-MELTA'S AND A FRICKIN' LASCANNON!!?!? Good luck fitting that all on a single bike. Overpowered much? (And about making DorkBoy's life harder, he just grew bald.)

Maybe I should turn my Lieutenant into a psyker and give him terminator armor, dual stormbolters, a nemesis forceweapon, shouldermounted autocannon, the "Armageddon", "Thunderclap", "Smite" and "You die" powers and allow him to fly in a Thunderhawk with three turbolasers, a volcano cannon and to top it of a lasgun. (Yup, thats right a LASGUN!)

Beware evildoers, for the Imperial Guard has a new and improved Lieutenant Brookman around! HE KILLS ALL THAT HE SEES! YOU SHALL ALL PERISH IN HIS RIGHTIOUS COMBAT! "YESTERDAY I CLEANSED THE EYE OF TERROR WITH ONLY THE USE OF MY LEFT HAND! TOMMORROW I'LL CLEAN OUT THE GOLGOTHA SYSTEM WITH ONLY MY EYES! YAR!"

Whoops, I turned into a raving ranter back there. I do NOT mean to offend any of you guys. So please don't come over to my place to beat me up. But I keep my character modest. In my opinion the character represents myself.

And about the game models, they are for Unreal Tournament. I've used them before and they are flawless. There's also a Sister of Battle and Eldar warrior model on the net. On the topic of 40K games, do any of you guys play Half-Life? (Do not start about Counter-Strike or I'll rip out your still beating heart!) There a very neat multiplayer mod which pits Black Templars against Eldar against Iron Warriors. It even has dreadnoughts! Check it out! Though it needs some serious balancing (a puny Eldar surviving the impact of a Heavy Bolter shell? Come on...) It's big fun.

Until then, I am watching you...

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-15 06:10:05

Well, here is my official character stat line and load out.

Lieutenant Brookman
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 3 3 3 1 3 2 9 4+

Wargear.
Lieutenant Brookman is equipped with a boltpistol, close combat weapon (chainsword), trademark item (Officers cap of authority, TM items allow to re-roll failed morale tests) and carapace armor.

SPECIAL RULES.

IRON DISCIPLINE.
Any unit using the leadership characteristics of a Cadian Officer (Colonel, Captain or Lieutenant) with the Iron Discipline ability for a morale or pinning test ignores the -1 modifier for being under half strength and may regroup even if below half strength. Cadian Officers may be given this abilty for +5 points each.

SHARPSHOOTERS.
Any Cadian infantry model with a BS of 3 may make a single re-roll a shooting to hit roll of 1. (No Cadian can miss that badly!) This abilty costs 10 points for a single squad of any type.

ADVISOR.
If a commissar accompanies a Cadian Officer, then the Officers Ld is raised by +1. (The officer is scared to death of the commissar that he gives a 110%!)

Platoon command squad.
Commissar with carapce, boltpistol and powerweapon. Comm-link operator with lasgun (Comm-link keeps link with other squads for morale support using the Lieutenants Ld), medic with lasgun (Units with a medic may re-roll first failed saving roll, but second roll counts), two meltagun operators. Every trooper is outfitted with frag grenades and has the SHARPSHOOTERS abilty.

I've included my command platoon squad and the rules that should belong there. Here's a realistic Imperial Guard character. (Medics are allowed with all command squads now, not with the commander of the army anymore.)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-15 16:03:33

The Gate only be used by Runepriests of a 13th Company army of Space Wolves. These are very much unlike a normal Space Wolves army. I've read the WD and I own the codex. But the Gate is a nifty trait for such a powerfull close combat army. Gotta love the Wulfen!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-15 16:17:32

Greetings noble Space Marine Commanders,

I've gotten an idea to all the piles of wargear you chaps carry. Write a fluffy background story about your character in whichever point of view you like (first person or third, I always write from first person), but try to describe the character, his motives and his wargear a bit more thorough. As you guys are all SM commanders I expect the stories with super human strength, brutal close combat and almost machine like actions such as pumping a xeno full of mass reactive shells while striding forward at a steady pace while yelling prayers to the Emperor.

This might be the perfect occasion to tell why the commander wanted lightningclaws, why he rides a jetbike or why he carries such an enormous amount of weapons. It will also help me with my project to get an psychological scetch of the characters. I.E. How they think act and react in a situation when facing an enemy.

If you'd wish, I could post a example story.

I know that most of you guys are going back to school so I'm not expecting a story in ten seconds. I myself will be returning to school in a week or so. School is really important and a good education is the basis of a better life! (Or so they say...)

That was all,

P.S.

Pop quiz question.
Do any of you guys know the name of the most legendairy Imperial Commander who has conquered a thousand (1000!) worlds in ten years?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-15 16:59:54

As you sit at your post high atop the ruined armory you peer out into the horizon watching a peaceful sunset....but as you gaze out at the beauty you feel a sence of danger, you think to yourself "It's just my reflexes. I've seen so much gore so Im bounded to be on the edge" So you relax once more...but to your dismay in the distance slowly comeing over the horizone you see what you fear the most.

With their razor sharp teeth and agonizing war cries come forth.

To the left you see a small legion of genestealers starting to flank the paremeter to the right you see many of the brood rampageing over the hill side being lead by a very huge and well armed Tyrant with his guard beside him.

You think to yourself "Damn! These bugs never rest! I'll kill any that come near me!" by the time you have thought this it is to late, for you hear what no man has lived to tell about, as you swing around with your shot gun ready you peer into the face of terror and you are put to rest by the unseen enemy as he comes into view...you have been slaughtered by a lictor.

As you lay in agony haveing been impaled once by it's monsterous claws you feel a few genestealers begin to ravage your body for precious bio material and you see a legion of gargoyle fly above you as you hear the cries of agony from your your brothers in arms.

and in the distance you hear the fireing of Acid mines being fired by the monsterous Biovere.....Your whole squad is gone and you feel your last ounce of life leaveing you......This victory goes to the Tyranids.

I have the war hammer starter army of the Tyranids but haven't had the time to truely fix them to my standards.

I only know of two other people who play 40k but we barely have the material or the money to play so we mostly think of good scenerios and the such.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-15 17:52:52

I figured I would give a listing of what my Hive Tyrant will look like once I have the right materials.

His colors are bleached bone and Chaos Black with a little bit of gore red on the teeth and tail.

This tyrant is winged. It's a must cause I've seen what they can do and it can be horrible.

The main armor is Choas black while the rest of him is bleached bone

His biomorphs are Wings, implant attack and Bio plasma Attack.

his weaponry is a Venom cannon for his bottom limbs and a pair of scything talons for the upper arms.

For the look of evolution I want to replace his tail with something more scorpian like and add bull like horns to his head. note that the evolution stuff is for show purpose only. as for his time in the front lines I was thinking of scaring up where his right eye would be to show it's experiance in battle

At a addition to his HMP of Synapse creature and The horror I will also include Warp field and Psychic scream.

Thus far his total point cost is 196 Im not sure what the point cost would be for the wings so Im guessing he will be some where around the 215 point region.

his stand will consist of mostly gras but I want to add the remants of a human such as skeletel remains.

I haven't come up for a name for this genus of Tyrant as of yet.

any suggestions on this tyrant would be appreciated.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-16 04:43:43

Greetings,

Sumireyu: Holy shiat! Now thats a monster, man even marines wet their armor when facing this yeeper creeper. We'll just have to see how well DorkBoy can sprite Tyranids. Makes me wish I owned the 'nid codex, but I'll wait till the new codex is out at the end of this year (Yup, thats a spoiler.) You could give it an ancient latin name or something like that. If it has wings something like Harpy or Dragon. You could also go for a science name like "Specimen #82: Thats a big frickkin' monster!" As -MOLE- stated Starcraft also has some nifty names.

Great story by the way, but what kind of squad (whcih army?) is mauled to death?

-MOLE-: About Mechcommander 2: Just slam two Long John artillery guns in a Atlas and fill Madcats up with LRM's. Add some shortranged AC's for the extra flavah! Now join a LAN game and shout foul language at your opponent with some extra quotes from movies. (Its the quotes that unnerve the opponent, not the foul language!)

About the weapon sets, you should have told me, because that changes the whole case. (About the vehicle, I bet you made some ultra bad ass VDR vehicles by hearing all this.) Stat line is not essential and a story is optional.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-16 05:30:32

KEEP THE HIGH GROUND!

Curse this Emperor damned weather. Its raining for five days straight now. At least we’ve got a roof over our heads and some stoves for food and warmth. Half my platoon is packed round one of the five stoves while the rest guard the boarded up windows, checking to see if they are there. They know we’re here and they are going to kill us all if we don’t kill them first. Bah! Let them come. Who are they? They are the traitors, good citizens who’s faith has been taken away and replaced by hate for the Emperor himself! We call them shit stains, warpwhores and traitors, but they are officially known as cultists.

“Sir! I’ve got movement on the scanner! They’re close those fraggers.” Bronski called out. He’s a good lad. I ought to give him a field promotion to corporal soon. He’s guarding the door with a lasgun and scanner. He peered at the scanner a second more before looking up in shock. “Here they come!” Trooper Bronski cried out. A flurry of lasbolts and autogun rounds impact and ricochet on our position. “Up and ready! Give it everything you got!” I bellow at the men who scramble to a window or hole in the wall and readies their weapon. I stride to the doorway next to Bronski who hands me a spare shotgun. I can see movement in the rain now. “Fire at will!” From the windows and other fire points a steady stream of lasbolts is fired at the unseen enemy. A few meters to my right I can hear the platoon’s Autocannon cycle its first round into the chamber. Corporal Dankin, the gunner, depressed the trigger and made wide sweeping arcs with the barrel as he fired a steady rippling stream of high velocity death at the enemy. To my left the platoon’s heavy bolter coughed into life, firing heavy calibre mass reactive shells with the sound of small thunderclaps at the enemy. This should be enough to keep the enemy away. They’d be dead before our ammo runs out. They’d be...

A explosion from behind pulled me out of my victorious thoughts. As I turned to see what at first thought was a mortar impact was something far more worse. Tunnelers have breached us from below. “Frag!” I scream in panic as I raise the shotgun and blast the first purple robed cultist from his feet. “Evens keep up the suppressing fire, unevens suppress this shithole!” I rack the slide of the shotgun and blast another traitor. “Get a fragging grenade launcher up here right now! It want this hole sealed!” Besides me trooper Beck tries to bring his flamer to bear but gets a knife slammed in his throat. I slam the killer away and reach for my chainsword and in a wordless cry of hate start hacking at the enemy. Besides me troopers started stabbing and beating with their lasguns and short swords, they to shouted cries of hate, fear and anger as they butchered or were butchered. After two minutes of frantic and bloody close combat we managed to stem the tide. I limp over the hole and pull a frag grenade from my webbing. “Krak grenades at the double! Seal this hole now!” Besides me Bronski dropped an entire bag of krak grenades in the hole and backed away. “Right! Ease! Fire in the hole!” I pull the pin and drop the green grenade. Three seconds later the entire building rocks on its foundations as the frag grenade sets of the krak grenades. I gave a grim smile as Bronski stood next to me. “Sir?” I pointed to the sealed hole and the gore pattered ceiling and walls. “When we dropped the grenades there were still infiltrators in the tunnel. I could hear them cry out in terror and fear.” I turned and looked at the charnel house what was just before an Imperial position. The floor was slick with blood of the dead and wounded. Troopers were checking if the traitors were really dead with bayonets and pistols. Wounded were pulled out and treated first aid while the dying were given last rites.

Victory?

It was our victory, but paid in blood. I’ve lost twelve good men and another seven are out of action for a while. The next day we were ordered to fall back to the main compound. There we remained for several weeks until the new reinforcements came in the form of the Cadian 13th and a full company of Imperial Fists. The bloody recapture has begun...

(This story is set in the battle for Vogen described in the Codex: Cityfight. One of the most brutal cityfights in the history of the Imperium were Cadians fougth against brutal Night Lords and cultist faction in a battle to recapture the city. The Cadians won it in the end!)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-16 10:37:27

Ok Lieutenant Brookman, I'll post the stats of Commander Arsh here. Here's the special rules (because there is also the official rules : a commander with the wargear directly from the codex.)
I'll post the fluff later.

LORD COMMANDER ARSH

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
6 5 4 4 3 6 4 10 2+

Pts : 250

A Night Drinkers army of more than 2000 pts can be led by the Commander Arsh. He count as a QG choice and blah blah blah...

EQUIP : The Claws of Omega, Frag and Krak Grenades, Crux Terminatus, Jump pack, Purity Seals, Iron Halo, Death Mask.

The Claws of Omega : The origins of these lighting claws has been long lost. They have been used by the Commanders of the Nights Drinkers from its foundation.
One of them have a storm bolter mounted on its gauntlet and can been fired normally (the other one used to have one too, but have been lost) and they give a +1 I to its user (included in the stats).

Fearless : Arsh never flee, he can't make a voluntary retreat, it also aplies to any squad he join.

Commanding presence : In the start of each turn you must decide if the Commander Arsh tries calm himself and his units, or in contrary unleash his fury. Declare your choice before rolling the red thirst tests. In the first case you can reroll any 1 result. In the second case the unit move following the rules on a result of 1,2 or 3.

Well it's basically, Commander Dante with a different wargear and Red Thirst control. Suggestions ?

He's usually have an honor guard of 4 veteran, and a sanginary priest. Jump packs and power weapon for averyone.
The honor guard have a lighter gray color scheme, with black knees and elbow plates, their helmets "faces" are black too, the shoulderpad border is white, the sergent have a black left shoulderpad, the priest have is white, shoulderpads border is black, and the knees, elbow and face is black.
And Commander Arsh's "face" is smooth (Like the Iron Warrior's style even if it has nothing to do with these heretics) and white.
I'm pretty sure that nobody have understood. If you haven't I'll make a pic.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-16 11:01:58

At 8/16/03 04:43 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Greetings,

Sumireyu: Holy shiat! Now thats a monster, man even marines wet their armor when facing this yeeper creeper. We'll just have to see how well DorkBoy can sprite Tyranids. Makes me wish I owned the 'nid codex, but I'll wait till the new codex is out at the end of this year (Yup, thats a spoiler.) You could give it an ancient latin name or something like that. If it has wings something like Harpy or Dragon. You could also go for a science name like "Specimen #82: Thats a big frickkin' monster!"

Well If ya need some info on Them I have the Codex. It has this awsome modle of a Tyrant this dude made with WarHammer Fantasy Dragon wings.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-16 11:26:16

The Marines in my story were rookie marines. Everybody knows if there are signs of Tyranids on the planet you never stay calm.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-16 11:45:45

Only thing I hate about playing as Tyranids is they no longer have any transports!I remember that they made two types but they only made them for one year then discontinued them...That and the fact that GameWorkshop got tired of people whinning about tyranids and enforced the "Shoot The big one" Rule.

I mean truely what is worse? A swarm of flesh and bone creatures even though terribly strong yet mortal or a legion of Necron who can revive during battle!?

also I decided to show case one of the hero's from the Tyranid Codex. Yes they have hero's aka Champions.

Old One Eye (If I would of had 10 more bucks he could of been mine :( )

Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Sv Pts
4 2 10 6 4 2 D6+1 10 2+ 164

Bio-Weapons Scything Talons and specially mutated Gigantic crushing claws (D6 attack in close combat +1 if chargeing)

Special rules- Tyranid Monstrous Creature, Gigantic Crushing Claws, Regemerate ( At the end of each Tyranid turn Old one eye regains 1 wound to it's total of 4 if it is killed mark it's spot roll D6 at end of turn if 4 or high it gets back up with 1 wound remaing 1-3 he stays down)

genus is Carnifex

you must have a 1,500 or less point army to have this bad boy in your ranks. ONE MODLE PER ARMY he is a heavy support choice.

Here is the little info it gives on how Old one eye was found.

"It must have been buried in the ice for centuries, perhaps since Hive Fleet Behemoth crashed on the shores of Macragge, perhaps longer. The thing was hideous to look upon, and obviously dead as Savlar. Some heros of the Imperium must have stuck a plasma pistol in it's eye before being torn apart, leaving a scorched crater as big as my head. We burned it out of the ice and secured it to our trans-crawler, back at Cannis there was a amnesty on Tyranid specimens for adeptus Mechanicus and we reckoned we could get a mammoth bounty for it. Halfway back the crawler started rocking and horrible cracking, screaming noises came from the back. Now Im no space Marine, neither were jax or Kardre, and I'm not stupid either. We just jumped out and ran. The thing was quick though, I was the only one that made it back."

Last testimony of Ariul Horst, Archaeo-pirate

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-16 11:58:39

At 8/16/03 11:26 AM, Sumireyu wrote: The Marines in my story were rookie marines. Everybody knows if there are signs of Tyranids on the planet you never stay calm.

Whenever Tyranids infest a planet you know one thing for certain: You're doomed... Unless there are some magical space marines around with black armour (Deathwatch, not Black Templars!) nobody can stop them! You can do two things: Flee and duke it out in space with a large fleet or trying to kill them of on the surface of the planet. Remember the invasion of Macragge? Though the Ultra Marines survived their first company is utterly destroyed.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-16 12:09:05

Necrons are in my opinion a bit to god like. Most of the troops in a Necron army are: Fearless, able to revive and have super weapons that can knock out tanks with ease. Then there's that monolith thing that can pop up anywhere on the battlefield with the abilty to f*ck up tanks and teleport even more Necrons in.

Tyranids are a nightmare to face for a Guard commander like me. It's not the "Oh, your men are sooo puny shit I always hear from fragging marine players" but try holding out against an entire army of claws and rending teeth! Sure the shooting phase will take out several models, but in the end they will hit the line like a ton of bricks. I find the "shoot the big one" thing, though for 'nid players risky, a ideal way of still getting the upper hand, especially for weak WS armies like Guard and Tau. (Though a squad of Guardsmen could still beat the shit out of a Firewarrior unit :D)

Fear not, rumours has it that a new Tyranid codex will be out soon (Soon is a GW term for "2 years or less") but I don't know what kind of changes there will be.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-16 12:22:38

Sadly Im going to have to rebuy most of the stuff for my army because I got tired of painting them and my dogs got into my room...The Tyranid Hive fleet Found true terror in the mouth of my dogs lol only a few remain I have a few of my guants left 3 ripper swarms 1 warrior and 12 genestealers. Thankfully I never took my Tyrant or his guard out of their box.

but I got to thinking and this whole hive fleet will be seen for their evolution over time all beings will have the scorpian like tails but only the higher ups will have the horns.

The name of the hive fleet will be T-1079

as for the new genus they will be known as tremor

Tremor Hive Tyrant
Tremor Warriors
Tremor Guants

This genus is named by their strange behavior of slamming their tails on the ground before battle causeing slight tremors across the surface.

Mercy? What is Mecry? Does it taste like Bone Marrow!?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-16 12:51:06

I must give praise to all the marine players out there for their determanation and quick thinking. I have seen alot of Games where the marines are out numbered and almost ground to the bone but yet manage to fight on to victory in the worst conditions. I've noticed that the space wolves seem to enjoy this type of setting the most.

Even though Tyranids come in full force with no mercy I have seen many a marine go head on with only their boltgun and a few grenades and wipe out a small portion of the swarm before meeting a grizzly but honorable death.

To the marines I salut you for such a well fought battle and the fact you taste so much better pissed off meh heh heh.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-17 12:41:32

About the logo I'll be short. It's hard to get an central idea for this, so lets get a central agreement for this.

Think of this: When I scream Warhammer 40.000! What is the first thing you see?

Just give me a straigth short answer.

What I see before me is a dark gothic image of Cadians fending of the Tyranids. Thats 40k for me, dark, evil and unforgiving. It reminds me of the GW motto: Remember! In the 40k universe there are no good guys!

The logo would be best in black and white, but with a space marine. Thats the first thing most people will think of when they hear the word Warhammer 40.000. In my case a Ultramarine. These guys are from the most neutral chapter around.

But, this is a group. Let's press the issue and throw in those ideas!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-17 12:44:34

I've got nothing against Megaman, I just needed a easy target. But as soon as there are more sprites I'll change it to a Space Marine for fun. Only the marine won't feel the bolt hitting him. (He would probably reply with something like: Har har har, very funny. Quit before I get all evil on your ass...)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-17 13:25:58

As for my magenta level project.

Have you guys ever heard of the word combination "Spritecomic?" Here's an example of one of the best around!

That’s what I'm aiming at with all these sprites. Since the beginning of the summer vacation I've been churning out and refining my story designs I made while at school and in the vacation. At first my "plot" was to create a series of sprite movie based on my stories, linking them together as episodes to create a running story from multiple POV (points of view). But seeing as flash wasn't that easy I thought it would be and the chance that most people here on Newgrounds in general aren't waiting for a dramatic series, but more or less waiting for "Stickslayer XIII", "Dress up *Insert name of famous movie actress who poses naked here*" or "Ultra Gore Bloody Supah Deathmatch Which Is Not A Dragon Ball Z Rip-off Like The Rest!" It would be probably be blammed by 13 year olds. (Yes, I am a pessimistic person)

But anyway, I've been seeking council with DorkBoy and he agreed to sprite for the comic. As for the main story itself, it's unknown to me as of yet. I have some humorous and serious scenes penned down and sketched out, but they need to be placed in the correct line of events.

The project has been christened "Heroes of the Imperium" just as my previously ditched flashproject. It won't just be featuring the lackeys of the Emperor, but almost every other race in the 40K universe (Uhm, except for squats, I totally hate squats.) hence I asked what your main character in your army looks like, some for cameo's, others for a serious part in the story line.

(This is not just a project for fun and entertaining people, but also as a personal test, to see how well my plot and writing skills really are.)

This I already know:
+ The Tyranid warriors of Sumireyu have an interesting genus that has a cool morale effect. These will be encountered many times throughout the comic (With your permission of course.) by the Ordo Xenos and Space Marines as they wish to examine and try to terminate this Hive fleet.
+ The Space Marine commanders and warriors with the crapload of equipment you stated will be used. They won't die or anything (that) bad will happen to them. They'll get to blow some shit up and slay some baddies and one or two will play a role in the storyline as they accompany a Inquisistor or one such important character.
+ The Space Marines will get most of the glorious battle, but, seeing as they have little emotion left they are not the greatest material for emotional scenes and such.(Though I have read the two Ultra Marines books about Uriel Ventris, Space Marines must remain the emotionless warriors who alone can stop the darkness!) Hence the Imperial Guard, civilians and Sisters of Battle will provide more of a humane side to the slaughter. (But not with the usual "I love you Sister Merity!")
+ The wanderer will also be a important character, but he's classified for now. Or else I'd give away spoilers. All I can say is that he carries a crapload of weapons and gear (Sniper rifle as you already saw, a powers word, bolt pistol and bionics.)

What I wish to know:
+ Input from you guys is much wanted. Anything is helpful! Marine names, planet names, Traitor names (as you can notice I'm really bad at inventing names of my own. So, if you hate a guy or gal, let me know, he'll probably die in a horrible and painful 40k death!), psychic powers (Don't over do though), human factions (I.E. Such as the Kell-Morian mining company)
+ Storyline suggestions? Or just a cool idea for a single comic? Let me hear it.
+ Idea for comical relief? A comic can't be all serious and blood and gore, it also needs some comical relief once in a while. (Though blood, gore and a joke usually get along nicely? Brother Cloten anybody?)

As of yet, its all still in the planning process. DorkBoy is still busy spriting but also has to go to school soon and has a job besides that. I cannot promise a exact date of when this all will begin I'm afraid.

If I can get a good beginning around the end of autumn its go time, at the utmost around Christmas.

As for then, please send me any kind of idea's possible. Anything is helpful.

Until then!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-17 13:51:25

What I meant with shooting the Marine is this little statistic. It takes around 30 lasguns in rapid fire range to take down a single space marine (Thats 60 shots, but they have to roll to hit, which is a 50% chance of hitting the marine. Now comes the saving throw. Whee! Look at all the dice roll, it must be about forthy...) So how much harm can a single laspistol do? Not much with Space Marine. He's only annoyed, hence the "Har har har, very funny. Now quit it before I get all evil on your ass..." thingy.

If it was a evil Necron, I'd grab a plasmapistol and roast his shiney ass!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-17 21:48:10

At 8/17/03 01:25 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:
+ The Tyranid warriors of Sumireyu have an interesting genus that has a cool morale effect. These will be encountered many times throughout the comic (With your permission of course.) by the Ordo Xenos and Space Marines as they wish to examine and try to terminate this Hive fleet.

Be my guest they will prove a challnge lol and Im glad you find them interesting....most people just go straight off the bat trying to figure out how to kill my creations before even seeing their pure potential in battle. ( Im a penicle and Paper RPG player too )

+ Idea for comical relief? A comic can't be all serious and blood and gore, it also needs some comical relief once in a while. (Though blood, gore and a joke usually get along nicely? Brother Cloten anybody?)

All I can say is "What truely goes through the mind of a tyranid who will be abosrbed back into the hive mind."

Guant "Here we go again back and forth spewed and sucked jesus this is sounding like a porn flick...anyone seen my speedos!?"

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-17 22:03:21

I think I know what I want.

Inquisitor Sivak

WS BS S T W I A SV
5 4 3 3 3 5 3 3+

Weps: Power sword, Plasma pistol

Special: Daemon Hunter, Rosarius

Apperance: Use one of the Librarian models, but also use a cloak from Chaos Marines.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-18 09:53:38

About the Inquisistor. Does he have henchmen? And does he use the services of Grey Knights?

As for the chaos cloak. The cloak will in my opionion make him look more sinister and evil. Remember that Inquisitors are some of the most powerfull characters in the Imperium. (See him over there? Thats Inquisitor Dankin. He did Exterminatus on the ex-wife of brother captain Stahl.) They would easily kill thousands of innocents just to kill a single heretic, xeno or daemon. Remember their motto: "Innocence proves NOTHING!" They are the darkest side of the Imperium alongside the Unforgiven chapters (Dark Angels, Angels Vigilante etc.) and the 13th Space Wolves Company.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-18 10:53:33

Errr...

I think its better not to begin with the old "Lion and Wolf" feud. Some people can take this too serious (Trust me, I've seen guys get in a fistfight over this...) I've named the 13th Comapny besides the unforgiven because these two legions are the most feared/hated/loathed/inspected by the Inquisition. One legion had Marines turning traitor and the other had a uncontrolled mutation (Space Wolves call the gene CANIS HELIX).

The Dark Angels secrets are known by some high level Inquisitors lords (and some say even the Emperor himself knows!), but are tolerated. The 13th Company has been declared Excomite Traitoris by the Inquisition (Because of their mutations and the fact that they have resided in the Eye of Terror for ten millenia.) Though they save outposts and kill the traitors, the mutations are seen as a mark of heresy. Though the extremist factions of the Inquisition wish to harness the powers of the 13th Legion. (Though extremsists are most likely also declared Traitor.)

Hence I repeat this: THERE ARE NO GOOD GUYS IN THE 40K UNIVERSE.

Each race has dirty hands, no exclusions!

Examples:
+ The Eldar have given birth to Slanesh and Dark Eldar.
+ Humanity is extremely facist when it comes to tolerating an alien, mutant or daemon.
+ Some Space Marine legions have a dark past or flawed gene seed, making them questionable in their loyalty, even when contacting pure chapters.
+ The Imperial Guard is know for its cowardice, bad tactics and many defeats.
+ The Orks kill for fun, thus pleasuring Khorne (It doesn't matter whom's blood flows as long as it flows!).
+ The Tau are naïve as they THINK that THEY can change the universe into a betterplace by letting loose canniballs (Kroot). Chaos? Go figure, they commit attrocities against races that are unspeakable of.
+ The Tyranids... Their motives are unknown to me, all I can think off is that they wish to be the perfect beings by assimilating other species and evolving further and further.

As for the banner. Six armies would be a bit too much. Two would be more then enough. Let Space Marines fight Orks or Chaos Space Marines.

Until then,

Peace, prosperity and something else I can't remember...

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-18 11:18:56

Info on the tyranids. The Tyranids wish only to conquer and consume. All other beings intellegent or not are their cattle and their Evolution takes place because of the "Bio-Mass" Inside each creature. The Hive Mind it's self is their one and only leader with tyrants and warrior are 2nd and 3rd in command they are never absorbed back into the hive mind because of their prowess and experiance. Some other heavy supports have been known to never go back into the hive mind such as The Red Terror and Old one eye because they prove to valuable to just reabsorb.

Contrary to most thinking they are just stupid creatures they actually seek out the best prey to take the bio-mass from. When ever a new life form is encountered the first strike is actually to see how much potential the creatures have and to study how they fight note that this is just a small wave as so many marines have seen "The Calm before the storm" Sort of speek.

The tyranids take much joy in fighting the marines because of their gene seed just one of these could streangthen the hive in uncanny ways.

To show how much they care about the Genetics of the hive they rarely go after ork because of their low intellegence. it would make the hive impure.

This is how my hive works so I don't know exactly how other hive minds through out the known universe work.

My hive mind has heard interesting things from marines and seeks to learn more about their leader.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-18 11:32:39

At 8/17/03 12:41 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: About the logo I'll be short. It's hard to get an central idea for this, so lets get a central agreement for this.

Think of this: When I scream Warhammer 40.000! What is the first thing you see?

Just give me a straigth short answer.

Well When I think of Warhammer I of course think of my hive mind.

But as a image I would say a planet slowly being consumed by the tyranids and a battle field where the land is full of blast scaring many dead tyranids and A chapter of the imperium. One lone Commander is left and he is fighting off 2 Guants tooth and nail style with a combat knife as his only weapon.

or perhapes a lone space marine raiseing the flag of the imperium while his breathren duke it out with tyranids.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-18 13:43:20

A row of characters would do nicely.

Example:
Marneus Calgar - Mag Urug Thraka - Old One Eye - Commander Far Sight - Maugan Ra - Lord Commander Solar Macharius - Abaddon the Despoiler - Asdrubael Vect

This way you have the greatest leaders of 40K in a round up (Except for the 'nid. But he's cool looking.) of each race (excluding the Sisters of Battle, Daemonhunters and necrons)

And some Imperial Guard humour! This is a print from the second Ork Invasion of Armageddon. It's one of those Citizens Beware things. But this one is fun! (Warning large file!) This is from the Battle for Armageddon background book. All copyrights go to Games Workshop. They won't sue me because I'm too petty!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-18 16:07:00

The Necrons are actually several years old (If I'm correct they started out six years ago as a crappy armylist with one HQ, troops, fast attack and heavy support choice. The gave away a Necron warrior with each WD of a certain issue. Pretty pathetic if you ask me!) and the recent codex is a revamped and breathed back to life version with more evil crap! Evil I say! Inquisitors and Techpriests! Rise and smite the false image of the Omnissiah!

Though the Sisters of Battle are part of the Imperium, so are the Space Mariens and Imperial Guard. The reason of exluding them is that they do not have any special characters (They don't even have an offical codex, just a Chapter Approved article, I miss those girls... They always bossted the morale of my troops when they entered the play.) and thought the Daemonhunters have heroes (Stern and uhm... stupid silly foreign name: Torquemada Coteaz.) including them would show a more pro-imperial side. Besides, the Daemonhunters are noobs and new to the game :P

+++

As for your Inquisitor Sivak. What kind of retinue does he use? (If any?) And is he an puritan or a radical? That would make it easier to know if there is a need for Grey Knight sprites :)

Also, does he have any problems with doing a little Exterminatus on a Imperial planet that has been tainted?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-19 04:24:40

A good and entertaining story. Only some typos, but a good story nonetheless. Please do post it on your site. (What chapter are the scouts from? Sounds a bit too curious, but it helps me form a picture in my head of the action.)

BBS Signature