00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

297,499 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-19 11:14:30

A new threat.

As I was reading through our new orders I came across something interesting, Just a few days ago our whole military group on the Planet Forgaris had been totaly and utterly wiped out only 3 survived to tell about it.

I personally don't see how this could of happened, Yeah it was a hostile planet but there wasn't anything there that could take em out heck the closet tyranid hive fleet was about 3 light years away. In the note from one of the officers it only said "So loud...the tremors were starting." I found that kinda weird...what would sismec activity have to do with them being wiped out.

my orders were simple take my troop along with a group of ultra marines to the planet to investigate. Oh joy more exploreing...

-Commander Oswald of the 135th black templar.

As the ship landed the UM were the first to jump out all gun ho...I thought to my self "Crazy bastards that one way to get yourselves killed in a heart beat."

Their commaniding officer was quiet and really didn't even speak to his men unless he really had to...made him seem heartless...even more than me.

We soon came to the outpost where the last group was stationed....it was quiet...and no signs of a battle...now things were really starting to seem weird.

This planet was tropical with many diffrent species of animal but from what I've seen so far nothing that could take us on and win. We all got into the outpost to relax from our little journy and to get away from the tropical heat outside.

The UM commander and I went our seprate ways and found suitable places for our HQ.

3 days had passed and nothing had happened but then something I remember in the reports accorded again.....we were experianceing these so called tremors.

Suddenly one of my troops busted the door in "Sir You need to come see this!" I got up from my chair and followed him outside to one of the look out posts. He handed me a pair of binoculars and I looked out and saw the unthinkable. Some how there was actually a Tyranid army on this planet, like none I had ever seen before. The gaunts had longer tails than usual with huge stingers on them...but that wasn't all I found the Tyrant and he was the most horrindus of them all. Yeah he was huge they always are but this one had Large wings sprouting from it's back and on the top of his head he had a set of horns he even had the same tail as the guants.....They knew we were here but oddly enough they were not attacking us, Thats when I noticed that all the gaunts and warriors were slamming their tails on the ground as hard as they could....Im guessing it was some kind of moral thing, but I now knew what that officer was speaking off in his report. He wasn't talking about sismec activity he was talking about these freaks! The ground was shakeing slightly from their little pounding efforts, I knew there would be a battle eventually but when and where I didn't know but I'll tell ya one thing... It wont be pretty...

to be continued.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-19 11:49:28

let this be a lesson to any other imperial guardsmen! wear 2 pairs of socks or you wont just get trenchfoot but hotfoot. (a traitorous rock got welded to his gun)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-19 14:11:57

Yo, yo, Yo 40kay peoples, and the great brookman, i have some tasty news. i said i wasn't gonna make anymore warhammer based films, but i thought, Hell if i wont do it than no one will, so as no one bothered to e-mail about acting oppurtunities for Warhammer war reports, my production team put it on hold, and began a new game. Its a follow up to Blood bowl X, except this time the game actually works! (i promise, i was playing it earlier!) it needs 2 more levels and some cut scenes, but its pretty much done. I'm on holiday as off saturday, but if we finish it before then, we'll put it on!

Thanx people, and sit tight. your gonna like this one!

All the best,

Seedy productions

(Micraab,war reports, blood bowl x etc...)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-19 14:28:23

Well, looks like we're getting a lot more activity!

As per the cloak, I just like the way it looks. And it does give that sinister feel that every Inquisitor wants.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-19 16:06:28

Whoop! My checklist for the comic.

The cast thus far:

Main cast. (These characters will play an important part in the storylines and plot advances. I've also taken the liberty of putting the name of the characters creator behind it.)
Lord Commander Arsh (BoltgunClock)
Lord Clawmane (-Sphere-)
Veteran Sergeant O'Brien (-Mole-)
Inquisitor Sivak (Sivak)
Hive Fleet T-1079 (Sumireyu)
Lieutenant Brookman (Lieutenant_Brookman)

Side cast. (Mostly secondairy characters that contribute to a storyline or killed off and seen in flashback's or recountings of reports and stories.)
As of yet, this is still largely open, suggestions would be great for names and colourful characters with their gear that play part in this story line.

Armies involved.
Space Marines
Imperial Guard
Inquisition (Malleus and Xenos)
Sisters of Battle
Chaos (Lost and the Damned and traitor marines)
Tau (Of a break away faction)
Dark Eldar
Orks (I really needed a bit of WAAAGH! in the comic)
Imperial Navy
Tyranids

Vehicles. (Of these vehicles I am very very certain that these will be used. So, if your character uses a special vehicle, let me know and I'll update this list. And yes, I know tha the races use more vehicles, I just haven't found a use for thsoe yet and are not stated as of yet. Until I can find a function for them I'll use them and file them down.)

+++ Space Marines +++
Thunderhawk
Land Raider
Rhino Mk. II
Land Speeder Typhoon
Dreadnought
Dreadnought Furioso

+++ Imperial Guard +++
Chimera
Leman Russ
Leman Russ Exterminator
Basilisk
Griffon
Hellhound
Sentinel

+++ Imperial Navy +++
Lightning
Vulture Gunship
Valkyrie Dropship

+++ Tau +++
XV-8 Crisissuit
Hammerhead Tank
Devilfish APC

+++ Chaos +++
Defiler
Corrupted Predator
Corrupted Land Raider

+++ Sisters of Battle +++
Immolator
Rhino Mk. II
Exorcist

+++ Dark Eldar +++
Raider
Jetbike

+++ Custom rides +++
Imperial Command Vehicle
Jetbike
Retro fitted jumppacks with shiney bitz!

Locations. (There are several locations that will be backgound of the conflicts and stories. Again, if you've got an idea for a cool location, give me a description and I'll implent it.)

Number of subplots. (The main storyline will be filled with minor adventures and missions, some of which can help advance the main storyline in itself)
13 - Which I'm keeping secret for now :P

The way things are going it all looks good and I think I

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-19 17:37:36

At 8/19/03 04:06 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Whoop! My checklist for the comic.

The cast thus far:

Main cast. (These characters will play an important part in the storylines and plot advances. I've also taken the liberty of putting the name of the characters creator behind it.)
Lord Commander Arsh (BoltgunClock)
Lord Clawmane (-Sphere-)
Inquisitor Sivak (Sivak)
Lieutenant Brookman (Lieutenant_Brookman)

The fact that my hive will be a main part of this comic is a honor as for my hive fleet I have changed their color scheme (Lack of paint) I have changed them to goblin green and Bubonic brown...gives em that real disgusting look, I am currently painting my Tyrant (I finished the main look of him last night woo hoo just need wings and green stuff for tail)

When Im done with my Tyrant as he is now I'll snake my bro's web cam and take a pic of the ugly mug and post it here.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-20 02:35:08

Well, besides ideas stories are also welcome, if you'd like you can write a story as a sort of introduction to the character for the comic. In it the character will be introduced, a bit of his mind shown and his combat prowess and a means by which he is involved in the main storyline, which is as of know still unknown. (The threat of the hivefleet will be one of the larger sidestories that keeps looping in and out of the storyline.) These "introductionairy" stories are subplots and will present the characters that will help and advance the main story line in itself.

I'll post an example of this lateron to give ya'll an idea.

But as I said before, your input is much wanted as I cannot predict how your character reacts to certain situations (Or worse, how an entire Tyranid terror army thinks and kills its enemy.) and their enviroment.

I.E. If you encounter a daemon summoning ritual and the daemonvessel is a innocent young woman, what would YOU do?

In my case (As I'm a weak fool when it comes to ladies): I'd try to stop the ritual and rescue the lady, failing that I'll also have to battle the daemon itself, which is a slim chance of winning as a guardsman.

But, I'll try to have a examplairy story up tonight (I'm European and its morning were I'm typing this) if I'm not too tired.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-20 09:47:04

my "seed it aint warhammer, its just a spinoff" warhammer Blood Bowl game is about to go online in a few minutes. its not very big, or clever, but its fun for a few minutes. i hope you review it too cos reviews are good, but rare. (micraab 1 has now had 1020 views, and about 13 reviews. wierd)

Thanx people

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-20 14:03:58

I didn't feel like doing much today, so I'll post a something something and start on a site for my project and my army.

Please note that these two guys are scanned in, and not digitalized with a nifty camera. Both are veteran sergeants of my 13th rifles. The one on the left is commander of the 5th squad of the first platoon and wears the normal uniform issued to the entire army. The one on the right wears an ad-hoc uniform, carries an officers issued bolt pistol and leads the 1st squad of second platoon. Both carry grenades and their helmet on their belt. Please note these two things! I am not a frickin' Heavy Metal painter. I enjoy the way I painted these guys and don't use any fancy dry-brush, in-wash or any of those expensive techniques. I just paint them flatly, this makes them functional yet playable with and it suits me fine. Secondly, both these guys aren't finished yet. Lefty his sword and grenades need a paintjob, while righty needs some facial deatail, a painted canteen and a painted belt.

As for my site

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-20 21:43:28

At 8/20/03 02:35 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:

But as I said before, your input is much wanted as I cannot predict how your character reacts to certain situations (Or worse, how an entire Tyranid terror army thinks and kills its enemy.) and their enviroment.

My Tyranid army thinks before killing. We want only the best bio-mass in our hive-mind. If the creature has a fault or some sort of sickness it is killed and left.

As for killing the army we habe adapted to fighting many chapters of the Imperium and we let our genestealers and gargoyls go in first. Second comes our guant squads being lead by warriors and our heavy support stays back until needed and my tyrant combs the battle feild for worthy prey with his 3 guards around him. He may be a ravenus beast but he prefers a good challenge over a few wimps pissing them selves.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-21 02:32:14

Actually I'd be more honored fighting along side the avenging angles of death of the holy astartes then visa versa, I am after all a simple guardsman.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-21 02:33:56

Personal log Lieutenant Brookman.
Third Platoon, 5th Company, 13th Regiment
Day 36.

The comm-link has sent out nothing but static and garbled messages. There’s no way of telling what my orders are to be. Normally HQ would send a runner but after two weeks we still haven’t received any orders. I’ve sent out two local gangers who acted as scouts for orders or any information but they just vanished. I could send out the last of those local rats, but I’ve got a feeling that this guy would rather refuse to do so. We’ve been holed up in a large storehouse for long enough now. We were ordered to cross the bridge captured by second platoon and hold this building. Were running low on food, that’s the worst. And I bet that those Tau know that as well. If I’m not receiving a order or a sign today I’ll fall back, there’s no sense in letting the men die of starvation, disease or dehydration.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-21 02:36:00

I ran my hand through my ruffled hair as I looked out a barricaded window overseeing the general direction of the enemy. I feel dirty, actually I am dirty. Not having the chance to bathe for more then two weeks straight has such an effect. But it doesn’t matter I guess, the others smell at least as bad as me, so I’m not the Atillan between the Mordians. “Some hot water would be nice.” I chuckle as I rub my stubbled chin. “A big piece of meat would also be nice.” Bronski called from his window. “Maybe a fridge filled with ice cold beers and a couch to sit on would be nice!” Marsh yells from the other side of the room. Acknowledgements and laughter erupt from the gathered men. Good men, my men. Most men would be unnerved by not seeing an enemy for such a long period, but these guys are fine with it. When it comes they’ll get it on. But I guess now’s not the day.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-21 11:32:09

It's a shame, i've tried uploading it and the BBS kept rejecting it like the vile and over used slut that it is (sorry Tom and Wade), so now I've turned it into a handy html file on-line.

Read it and tell me what you think of it. I'll ad a cool pic later on.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-22 03:25:09

Greetings,

Having been shut off from the internet when riots are "happening" near the Internet Service Provider seem to have the effect that the internet is gone...

Anyways, DorkBoy creates these sprites with the program called MS Paint and uses Paintshop Pro 7 Deluxe for special effects such as lensflares and fading techniques.

And am I dead? I'm not so sure myself. I really like my alternate self in the 40K universe (He is alike me, but diffirent in many ways, such as he can kick some ass and I can´t, he gets to do cool stuff, but we are both pretty weak and can´t hold our hard-liquor.), so I won't be killing myself of that easily I guess. I'm still thinking of a good way to get back to the land of the living.

I'll try and see if I can upload a teaser in the BBS featuring a special character. The current status of all the sprites in total is around the 7%. Sounds pretty low, but the number of sprites I need for this thing is huge.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-22 04:06:34

Note to self: Try to remember correct file name!

This is the teaser I meant to post...

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-22 09:17:32

At 8/22/03 04:31 AM, -Sphere- wrote:
Inquisitor Sivak (Sivak)
a hive fleet as commander?

All tyranids are of one mind for the most part Tyrants and warriors can make their own critical choices but rely heavily on the hive mind so it makes since. :-P

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-23 11:45:51

Quoted from the official Codex: Catachans.

Sly Marbo: 135 pts.
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv+
5 4 3 3 3 4 3 10 5+

Sly Marbo is a one-man army. He operates alone, striking from ambush before disappearing back into the jungle.

Wargear: Ripper pistol, envenomed blade, demolition charge, frag grenades and krak grenades.

SPECIAL RULES:

SNIPER.
All of the special rules that apply to snipers also apply to Sly, except were modified below.

MAY MOVE.
Unlike other snipers, Sly may move after he has been revealed. You may remove him in your movement phase as if he was a normal sniper; write down the coordinates for a square adjacent to the one he disappeared from. He may reappear there using the Ambush rules from the start of the next turn. You cannot reveal Sly in the same turn. Whilst on the table, he may move and make assaults like any other model.

RIPPER PISTOL.
Sly is armed with a ripper pistol which fires a hail of metal shards at the target. It follows the same special rules for wounding as a sniper rifle. The ripper pistol uses deathworld toxins and may re-roll any failed rolls to wound.
Range Str AP Notes
Ripper Pistol 12" X 6 Pistol

ENVENOMED BLADE.
Sly carries a Catachan knife with a monofilament blade coated with deadly toxins. It is treated as a power weapon and the deathworld toxins allow Sly to re-roll any failed rolls to wound in close combat.

ALWAYS OPERATES ALONE.
Sly is treated as an independant character. He may not join another unit.

Sly Marbo started life as a Rambo parody. (Silvester "Sly" Stallone, and if you mix Marbo, you get Rambo.)

Official Codex fluff story.
The Colonel stepped up to Trooper Marbo. Marbo's eyes were empty again, like they always were when he wasn't stalking through the jungle or carving his name in some enemy's internal organs. Inwardly the Colonel sighed - there was something wrong with this boy: blood and eath had warped him to the point where he could only be normal with a blade in hs hand.

Once again the Colonel pronounced the wellrehearsed words. "For valour in battle and service to the Emperor of unbound courage you are hereby awarded the Star of Terra bear it with pride that you may inspire others to worthy endeavour in the service of Man." The Colonel completed the dedication in a single breath before pinning the ribbon onto Marbo's chest.

This one was for wiping out a whole squad of aliens, killing their commander and capturing their command post single-handed.

He leaned closer to Marbo and asked "You want me to look after it for you son? Like the rest?"

Marbo nodded solemnly.

"Alright son, you can go." The words had barely left the Colonel's lips before Sly Marbo had plunged into the jungle as smoothly as a fish slipping into the stream.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-23 12:28:03

I've updated my check list with some extra vehicles and secondairy characters. And I've terminated all minor mistakes (Forgive my, Wolf Lord Clawmane.)

And I will survive. I'll try to post the medics report this evening.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-23 12:37:30

Personal log Lance Corporal Erik Kreff.
Medic, Third Platoon, 5th Company, 13th Regiment
Day 37.

I hate my job. Period. But I can’t quit. This afternoon I was ordered, nay, threatened to head back to the bridge by Keller, Salena and Keller to see where the Lt’s at. Once we made it there, it, urm, I’m not good at describing this in words, but it seemed like there was some fight going on. Bronski had his brains blown out, he’s in the morgue now, a shame he had to die so soon. The Lt was still alive, just barely I might add. A punctured lung, stabbed gut and severe bleeding. He was almost bled dry. He almost died there, seeing as Salena got a fit and got all hysterical over him, almost didn’t allow me to do my stuff. After a quick inspection I’ve pumped him full of adrenaline to keep him pumping, then quickly gave him a transplantation. The wounds were field dressed and we tossed him on a stretcher for the infirmary. They were busy with him and just finished, welp, he is going to make it. Nothing to extreme I guess, no bionics, just a lot of stitches and clamps. He did need enough blood transfusions to drain an Ogryn. Tomorrow will be a new day. Well, one last smoke and I’ll turn in for the night. I know they’re bad for me, but hey, with the war going on, dying of a smoke is the least to be worried about.

Things to do tomorrow.
+ Get new smokes!
+ Clean equipment and replace missing and broken
+ Emergency seminar by Chief Medic Kleist – New combat medic techniques.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-23 12:43:13

As for my army: Now its a relativly small Imperial Guard army, with only two tanks (Leman Russ and a Exterminator), two armored fist squads, two full infantry platoons (2x 55 men), seven sentinels (Various patterns, 2x catachan, 3x Mars, 1x Armageddon and one Cadian pattern.), three commissars, one sanctioned psyker, a enginseer with servitors and a anti-tank squad (Lascannon and two missile launchers.) I'm not quite sure what the total in points is, seeing as I use little to no wargear except the most crucial. My guess is round the 1.500 points.

Further improvements will be a Leman Russ Demolisher, several Kasrkin squads and perhaps a hellhound tank. That should be a well-based Imperial Guard army capable of taking ground and pummeling steel.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-25 13:30:46

1. The Imperial Guard gallery is taking down because soon the NEW CODEX WILL BE RELEASED! 80 NEW PAGES OF FLUFF, GUARDSMEN, DOCTRINES, TANKS AND LOVING TO THE MEN IN FLAK!

2. Ah, Salena... I'll have to dig really deep to explain that one. What if you would meet the girl of your dreams in the 40k universe? Would you let her go? I sure as hell wouldn't!

Uhm, to make a long story short: Me meet girl, girl meet me, I like girl, girl like me, we live happily ever after. Or something like that I guess.
Background.
Full name: Salena Marina Duchess
Native of the planet of Jouran
Gifted with extra-ordinairy fencing skills (which makes me believe that she's from a officers family) and does all mysterious about her past (plotdevice perhaps?)
Wargear.
Sabre, two autopistols and a Jouran ceremonial fighting blade.

I'll post more info on the Jouran later.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-25 15:07:38

Funny how the speculaation of a character works...

I should really get a life. I didn't want to flesh out this character until the end of this year, but it seems I've done some work in advance...

Personal file A12753-KDA
Subject: Salena Marina Duchess
Rank: Acting Sergeant Third Platoon, 5th Company, 13th Regiment
Planet of birth: Joura, capitol planet of the Jouran system.

FEATURES.
Sex: Female
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Brown
Height: 1,79
Distinguishing features: None

BACKGROUND. The Duchess family has a long running line of proud officers serving with the Jouran Dragoons. The family line was tragically destroyed when Sir Colonel Edward Frederick Duchess died along with his wife on the battlefields of Urweint. They died in the glorious battle for the Eleggan Salient. Leaving behind a young daughter that was looked after by an entourage of maids and friends of the family she was soon shipped to the Schola Prognium, where all orphans of fallen soldiers go. She was destined to become a commissar or a political advisor.

PERSONA. But due to her headstrong and brash behaviour she fled the school when she was fifteen and roamed the galaxy alongside the “Freeborn.” They were mercenaries who fought for anybody that could afford to pay them. There the young girl learned to fend for herself and received her twin side arms with which she became a good shot. After four years of roaming with them she left them and went back to Jouran to visit old family friends. From them she received a sabre ordered by her father to be given to her when she was old enough. Once returned she was offered a place with the Jouran Dragoons and in return she would have her family title returned. She refused, instead taking fencing class with the old family weapons master. After a year of training she left Jouran behind and started roaming again, this time towards the conflicts fought by the men of the Imperial Guard. She ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time and got captured by separatists. Before her execution could take place a Cadian Shock Troop regiment breached the prison and started to liberate the prisoners. She to was rescued, but by a young lieutenant who was foolishly in love with her since the moment he first lay his eyes on her. He offered her protection and shelter. She accepted and started to like the guy, he wasn’t half that bad, though an idiot some times…

PRESENT DAY. She is finally accepted and allowed to fight alongside the Cadians. She acts as the unofficial second in command of the lieutenant and as an buffer for emotions and a shoulder to cry on (Call me a pansy, but everybody needs to cry sometimes…) when things get too much. A excellent shot and swordsmanship a dangerous adversary that can outthink and outmanoeuvre most opponents in the first three moves.

Maybe I should build up all characters this way, in a sort of Index Astartes manner.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-27 16:06:17

Ey, do any of you guys have a good and cool name for a Inquisitor based story?

I've tried using the title "The taint" but that sounds more like a failed superhero name. Any kind of title will do.

I'm trying a story interweaved with flashbacks and the present time as a bodyguard of the Inquisitor has trouble with the past and furure...

KTHXBY

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-27 16:10:04

Doh, never push the enter ket that fast.

Also, I'm going to give a crack at writing a Space Marine orientated stroy. My question is which chapter should I use? (Before I get the usual Dark Angels and Space Wolves thing, ANY CHAPTER BUT THOSE TWO, I don't hate them, they are two of my favorites, honest. I wan't to do something difirent, but not too special.)

I've been thinking about Black Templars, Blood Angels and the Legion of the Damned. Though the last would be a toughy...

KTHXBY

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-28 13:07:02

I hope you guys know the Death Korps of Krieg, if not, just click the magical link thingy and read it all! It's not that much. Anyway, a few months back I got fascinated by them and made an attempt at writing something about those guys. I wanted to show the 40K guys that these guys aren't ORDINAIRY GUARDSMEN! (FYI: They are fearless, never consolidate and don't need to check morale and pinning tests!) With this piece of fluff I intend to show them as the sinister and hard bitten troops who do not fear death.

THE MARCH

The march to the front looked sinister and most civilians who witnessed the Death Korps of Krieg march by felt a shiver running up their spine. These guardsmen were unlike any other they have seen before. Other regiments would wave , accept the kisses and flowers from the girls and laugh back to the happy town folk. But they, they simply marched, singing along the hymns that screamed out the loud hailers of the command vehicles, following the banners of the commanders. Banners decorated with the awful scenes of bloodshed, destruction and death. Most of the guardsmen their uniforms were also decorated, no idolized with items of death. Many had skulls painted onto their helmets and skull badges stitched on their shoulders. Officers had skull emblems on their chevrons as a sign of rank. Weapons were inscribed with last rites to the Emperor and other devotional prayers of hate and death. It seemed as if these off-worlders found death glorious and did not shun from it. As the column was halfway through most citizens had wandered off, sickened by the morbid fascinations of these men and women.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-29 07:12:55

At 8/29/03 04:52 AM, Pwn3r wrote: is this the bit you got off the net or you wrote yourself? it still rocks though, thats the kinda Imperial Guard i would like to have. just like those space marines who have skulls and bones all over thier armour(i've forggoten the name)

They were a glorious chapter of battle brothers until their ship has been blocked in the warp where they got a disease... Their flesh was dying, the pain made them mad and their days was counted. But it made them much stronger, faster and even in the border of madness they are the Emeperor chosens. So they gave up all hierarchy, marks, and distinctions and now they are moving around the galaxy fighting in the more most difficult battlefields to serve the Emperor as much as they can using their surnatural strength before the death finaly take them.
They are called the Legion of Damneds.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-29 12:34:00

Greetings,

1. The text I submitted is part of a story I’m writing for an Imperial Guard group on-line. In it I delve into the past of my Krieg character named Jakob Greif, a ace tank commander. I found most stories written by fans rather “happy-happy-joy-joy” (And zhen we all trank a beer or zwei, cause that’s zhe way zo zelebrate! This is an actual quote… Though the Krieg have a German background, they are not the stereotypical Kolonel Klink and Kolonel Gruber guys. In my story I use the least of German words, making it more realistic and enjoyable to read. Also, for the anti-girl guys, there are female guardsmen in this story, because women fight alongside men here.) and not the way the Krieg are supposed to be depicted. They, much like the Legion of the Damned, seek redemption for the heresy in their past. And by sending their troops to the most lethal war zones they hope to achieve that. The story takes place on a planet described in the sixth Gaunts Ghosts book named “Straight Silver”. This takes place after the Ghosts left.

In a nutshell: The planet of Aexe Cardinal has been locked in a deadly trenchewarfare for the last forty years. The Ghosts got send in first and didn’t achieve their goals. Thus Imperial Guard reinforcements are sent in to take care of it. Enter the Death Korps of Krieg! They are ordered to break the stalemate and snap the enemies spine once and for all!

My purpose: To show a new face to the Imperial Guard. Not the burly side such as the Rambo Catachans, the dour and strict face of the Mordians, the tactical and strong Cadian style, but a savage and almost primitive side of the Krieg regiments. Men and women who fight with nothing to lose! Who do not care if they die (though they are from suicidal!), they are willing to follow the order to the letter.

My motto for the Krieg: I serve the Death Korps of Krieg. My corpse belongs to the Korps, but my soul is condemned to the Emperor.

2. The Legion of the Damned… Such an great background they have, I’ll post it later on. I’ll just have to dig it out of my digital fluff archive.

3. As for the storyboard… I’m grey haired right now… This is soo damned hard to think of a story line that will be correct and will not create the dreaded plot-holes et al. I’m thinking of building it up in modules. Each module one or more “episodes” with sometimes a timespan of 1 to a 100 years pass between them. This should help flesh out the back grounds of the Space Marine heroes, Tyranid evolution (Though they can evolve in mere minutes…) and create flashbacks or the recounting of adventures or horrors.

4. And your projects guys? I’m starting to feel ashamed by posting all this stuff about the Imperial Guard that it almost feels like the noble Marines et al are left out! Sound of with anything, a pic, a screenie, an idea, anything! And for those who already posted it, I have a bad memory ;)

5. And Mole, where’s that story of yours? I want to read it!

P.S.

Never be ashamed to do something that other people can do better. I’ve felt the same for a long time when painting my army. I just use the basic skills and slap the paint on while all the other IG players use the full works on every single one of their figures. Once I got over it I got pointers, tips and even compliments!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-30 14:26:41

Errr... I'm not quite following you here. What does every army have?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-30 15:06:46

i'm back from the spanish front, successful in defeating many a foul 'nid, only 2 come back and find my beautiful town swarming with filthy greenskins! i lost an near entire squad to an explosion at the old oil digger...

Yo, hows it all going what did i miss? i just started a new shooter, based on space marine training. if any of you dig up anything on this strangely absent affair, it would be really usefull! (i'll put you down as assists if u want!) i don't mind stuff that's chapter specific either. Thanks!

Oh and about sly, he's meant to be Rambo (Marbo-Rambo, Sly-sylvester stallone) that's about all i know. anyway, thanks guys!

PRAISE THE TRUE EMPORER
"The reward for tolerance is betrayal"

Warhammer 40.000 Crew