00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

studda614 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG People are strange

19,958 Views | 277 Replies

NG People are strange 2007-01-24 01:39:39

Another art forum collab, really?
Well yes. I'm just having such a good time making newgrounds rail (which you can see a good chunk of if you click the link in my sig). I'm just really enjoying it and I think it would be fun to already start another, and hopefully making this one will even bring some attention to my other one (though it's going pretty good so far). Plus the other good part of this is it gives NG artist more chances to be featured in flash, and have movies in their profile from the co-autor status the top 9 will get.

I think this will probably be a rather short collab, because the song is kinda short too.
OK enoguh bullshit here it is.

Size: 550px (W) x 400px (H)
Standard flash size.
The file type MUST be JPG, export at a pretty high quality.
If you don't the colors change, and it's quite annoying to try and fix.
The main course:
All you have to do is draw basically whatever you want, keeping the same color of Background as you see in the picture below. Preferably I'd like to see a bunch of strange looking faces that are about the size of the black space in the picture below. But for the most part I'm just looking for very strange bizzare drawings, be creative, do whatever you want with this. The pictures will fade into eachother to the song "People are Strange" by The Doors. So you can understand why I'd prefer to see just strait view shots of strange faces, so they'll fade/morph into eachother, but as I said, all bizzare drawings are welcome.
I'm loving these art threads.
Alrigt, let's get crack'n.

NG People are strange

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 02:15:08

Am I doing this right?

NG People are strange

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 02:19:32

At 1/24/07 02:15 AM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote: Am I doing this right?

WOW, that's extremly good!

Yeah that's perfect.

Except, I noticed you litterally made the drawing inside the bumpy black space I made. You do not have to do that, all you really need is the same color of grey background, and then make something just like you did, roughly the size of the black space I made.

But yes!
That is very well done, what a great start!

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 02:21:48

At 1/24/07 02:19 AM, Popeofdope wrote:
But yes!

Okay sweet I dont have to stay inside the black ball!

Awesome.

Can I make more than one?

I like the open-ended ness of this concept and wish to make more, if possible.

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 02:27:26

At 1/24/07 02:21 AM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:
At 1/24/07 02:19 AM, Popeofdope wrote:
But yes!
Okay sweet I dont have to stay inside the black ball!

Awesome.

Can I make more than one?

I like the open-ended ness of this concept and wish to make more, if possible.

Yes of course, I'm glad you like the idea. The more submissions, the more likely you are to be co-autored (although that first was was great, you might be co autored already).

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 02:46:31

At 1/24/07 02:27 AM, Popeofdope wrote:
Yes of course, I'm glad you like the idea. The more submissions, the more likely you are to be co-autored (although that first was was great, you might be co autored already).

Meh.
You dont have to bother with coauth if you dont need to.
I just like the concept of this.

NG People are strange

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 07:01:29

Wow, I like this idea. But, seeing how it actually takes quite some skill to make a good face for this, I don't think alot of people will/can enter. I will try to enter, just need a good idea. It would be a shame to let this die.

BBS Signature

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 07:02:31

At 1/24/07 07:01 AM, MeMB wrote: Wow, I like this idea.

I think I have an idea, are we allowed to do animated .fla's? If so, I could mail them to you...

BBS Signature

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 08:30:20

What the hell do you mean someone's already used it?!

NG People are strange

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 08:31:46

Crap!
Argh.. I did a test earlier, to see why the hell there is a '0' quality possibility. I forgot to change it. D:

NG People are strange

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 10:11:51

How do you know these things?

NG People are strange

BBS Signature

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 10:13:03

haaaaaaaaaaaa

NG People are strange

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 10:30:57

meh, its supposed to look that non-real like.

NG People are strange

BBS Signature

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 10:40:01

lolol

NG People are strange

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 10:53:52

i totally can't draw!
but i submitted this anyway's

NG People are strange

Official Member of TFHHA

BBS Signature

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 11:27:20

At 1/24/07 10:40 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote: lolol

Heh, the god himself joined the competition of mortals. D:

BBS Signature

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 14:03:27

Old people.

NG People are strange

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 14:45:07

Can I make a contribution? Well, anyway, here's the thing:

NG People are strange

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 15:10:13

wow all these pics look really good so i had a go (probably not as good as you guys)

NG People are strange

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 15:30:58

This might be fun ^ ^

NG People are strange

c

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 15:35:09

At 1/24/07 02:03 PM, JohanL wrote: Old people.

damn thats cool, i want to learn to draw like you

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 16:23:54

HAha WOW this is so great.

One thing though guys, it seems most of the people are indeed just using the black space I provided. This black space was meant to be nothign more then a guide, and i would much rather see your submissions without it (it would be great if some people could go back and fix theirs).

The black space is nothing more then a general idea of the kind of size your face or whatever should be.

I think once it's animated it would look much better without seeing the black guide again and again.

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 16:40:15

At 1/24/07 03:10 PM, tomfitz wrote: wow all these pics look really good so i had a go (probably not as good as you guys)

meh, it was better than mine :)

BBS Signature

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 16:49:17

we should keep the blac space it will be cool

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 17:30:35

At 1/24/07 04:49 PM, tomfitz wrote: we should keep the blac space it will be cool

if you want the supid black hole so much...
There's a whole different collab for it

PM image shack

uhhh sure

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 18:06:29

i have taken out the black hole so here it is:

NG People are strange

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 18:21:25

Not to be a downer, but technically you shouldn't be using music by the Doors... Yeah, I know people do it all the time, but I would really love to see these collabs use music from the Audio Portal. This way, more NG users get to come together to be part of the collab and no one has to deal with cease and desist letters when the wrong song gets used. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 18:23:15

At 1/24/07 06:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: This way, more NG users get to come together to be part of the collab and no one has to deal with cease and desist letters when the wrong song gets used. :)

I have one thing to say: WOOP WOOP!

ΓΈ

BBS Signature

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 18:23:53

At 1/24/07 06:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: Not to be a downer, but technically you shouldn't be using music by the Doors... Yeah, I know people do it all the time, but I would really love to see these collabs use music from the Audio Portal. This way, more NG users get to come together to be part of the collab and no one has to deal with cease and desist letters when the wrong song gets used. :)

Haha, well, to be honest, I'm really not a fan of the audio portal. Do you know of any submissions in particular that you think would be good for this?

Response to NG People are strange 2007-01-24 18:25:58

At 1/24/07 06:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: Not to be a downer, but technically you shouldn't be using music by the Doors...

Maybe you should add that to the art rules. I so happened to see it on the Art Collab collection page, therefore I asked users to search through the audio portal when picking music for my own collab. But I can imagine that some people didn't read the text that carefully and might have missed it, or forgot about it, thought it wasn't a big deal, whatever. So I'm thinking it should be stated in the rules or something, so that everyone is bound to read it, sooner or later. Just a thought.

that said, it would be an honour to have Tom Fulp himself in my NG Train collab...

BBS Signature