00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CloudSavage just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,520,894 Views | 29,935 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-10 23:58:11

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-11 02:03:59

At 9/10/16 11:58 PM, ZJ wrote: CM Punk lost his debut bout in UFC tonight.

That Ear

He looks like he had all his hopes and dreams destroyed.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-11 20:05:16

I'm officially predicting that the Usos will win the tag belts tonight and that Becky Lynch will become Smackdown's Women's Champion.

Also, Dean won't retain. AJ Styles will do the impossible and become WWE Champion.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-11 21:05:36

Becky Lynch won the Six-Pack Challenge to become the first SmackDown Women’s Champion. Nice work, Becky.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-11 22:48:19 (edited 2016-09-11 22:49:18)

AJ Styles is WWE Champion after hitting Dean Ambrose in the balls and pinning him. I'm still impressed that Vince let this man, the face of TNA and New Japan, hold his company's flagship belt. It took him less than eight months in WEE to become champion. Unreal.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-12 02:29:00

At 9/11/16 10:48 PM, ZJ wrote: AJ Styles is WWE Champion after hitting Dean Ambrose in the balls and pinning him. I'm still impressed that Vince let this man, the face of TNA and New Japan, hold his company's flagship belt. It took him less than eight months in WEE to become champion. Unreal.

He deserves it, going to be interesting how the set up the title going into the Rumble from here, if this continues for another two matches that puts us a PPV before the Rumble with AJ or Ambrose as champion, so who's the contender and why?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-12 02:33:29

At 9/11/16 10:41 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: Also Rhyno and Slater are the new tag team champions and heath also gets a smackdown contract.

Glad that Rhyno has another title, and very happy the Usos did not win.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-12 02:34:41

At 9/11/16 10:48 PM, ZJ wrote: AJ Styles is WWE Champion after hitting Dean Ambrose in the balls and pinning him. I'm still impressed that Vince let this man, the face of TNA and New Japan, hold his company's flagship belt. It took him less than eight months in WEE to become champion. Unreal.

This was the best part of the night. It will be interesting to see how long he keeps the title, and where AJ goes from here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-12 10:52:23

At 9/11/16 02:03 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/10/16 11:58 PM, ZJ wrote: CM Punk lost his debut bout in UFC tonight.

That Ear
He looks like he had all his hopes and dreams destroyed.

I think that expression was more of a realization of just how far out of his league he was. I don't think he's going to quit MMA at all. He would have pursued it even if he didn't get the UFC deal (wich was really just Dana White seeing easy $$$ at Punk's expense).

I always suspected he had hoped he could make it in UFC though, so he could eventually go back to WWE and throw that in Vince's face, and get a similar deal to Lesnar (who he's always been pretty envious of).

If he had as much fun with the whole thing as he claims, he'll likely just fight in a smaller promotion for a few years until his age gets the better of him. He seems pretty stubborn about shit like that. He doesn't really need money, and as long as he stays in Chicago he'll always be a star, so he can do whatever and probably be happy.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-12 22:39:48

RAW was very bland tonight. No Stephanie tonight. The best part of the night was when Jericho made a new phrase. Not just " IT ", but calling somebody an " Idi " " IT" ( Idiot ). The New Day gimmick is getting old and tired.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-13 11:21:01

At 9/12/16 11:21 PM, FastbootsZA wrote:
At 9/12/16 10:39 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: RAW was very bland tonight. No Stephanie tonight. The best part of the night was when Jericho made a new phrase. Not just " IT ", but calling somebody an " Idi " " IT" ( Idiot ). The New Day gimmick is getting old and tired.
Kevin Owens beat Roman Reigns thanks to Rusev's interference

That is true. Always happy to see Reigns lose.

Also Zayn will take on Jericho at clash of champions.

I find Zayn overrated. Hopefully. Jericho beats him.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-13 23:29:07

Smackdown was okay, but it was better than RAW. John Cena and Dean Ambrose both want a chance to fight AJ for the championship. Alexa Bliss won the five way Diva match. Slater did not get to sign his contract due to The Ascension showing up for a match. Cena and Ambrose beat Styles and the Miz in the last match.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-19 14:06:45

http://dailyddt.com/2016/09/17/wwe-rumors-wwe-bid-tna-wrestling/

In what could be an intriguing development, it has been rumored that WWE bid on TNA. WWE’s status as wrestling’s top company got firmly established when Vince McMahon bought out WCW in 2001, officially ending the “Monday Night War”. Other promotions started popping up afterward, like ROH, PWG, and most notably TNA Wrestling, whose status has been in doubt for most of 2016.

Would it be a good thing if WWE owned TNA? Would TNA be better off being separate?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-19 23:40:38

At 9/19/16 02:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://dailyddt.com/2016/09/17/wwe-rumors-wwe-bid-tna-wrestling/

In what could be an intriguing development, it has been rumored that WWE bid on TNA. WWE’s status as wrestling’s top company got firmly established when Vince McMahon bought out WCW in 2001, officially ending the “Monday Night War”. Other promotions started popping up afterward, like ROH, PWG, and most notably TNA Wrestling, whose status has been in doubt for most of 2016.

Would it be a good thing if WWE owned TNA? Would TNA be better off being separate?

WWE would just gut it. They'd honor current contracts and sign the top guys for tv or NXT, and dig through the video library to get more WWE Network content for existing stars lik AJ and Joe. TNA as a brand would be done. They wouldn't even do an invasion story unless MAYBE it was an NXT thing.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-20 02:15:26

At 9/19/16 11:40 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: WWE would just gut it. They'd honor current contracts and sign the top guys for tv or NXT, and dig through the video library to get more WWE Network content for existing stars lik AJ and Joe. TNA as a brand would be done. They wouldn't even do an invasion story unless MAYBE it was an NXT thing.

You don't think Vince wouldn't like having another wrestling show? He could move the show to the USA network and control another prime time night. He already has Monday and Tuesday.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-20 08:57:26

At 9/20/16 02:15 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/19/16 11:40 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: WWE would just gut it. They'd honor current contracts and sign the top guys for tv or NXT, and dig through the video library to get more WWE Network content for existing stars lik AJ and Joe. TNA as a brand would be done. They wouldn't even do an invasion story unless MAYBE it was an NXT thing.
You don't think Vince wouldn't like having another wrestling show? He could move the show to the USA network and control another prime time night. He already has Monday and Tuesday.

TNA is a dead brand. Just accept it. Vince doesn't give a shit about that product and the only reason he'd buy is for that tape library where he could pimp out additional matches for people like AJ Styles, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, the Hardyz, Kurt Angle, and so on. This fantasy where Vince is going to save TNA and keep another wrestling brand on TV is beyond ludicrous.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-20 11:04:50

At 9/20/16 08:57 AM, ZJ wrote: TNA is a dead brand. Just accept it. Vince doesn't give a shit about that product and the only reason he'd buy is for that tape library where he could pimp out additional matches for people like AJ Styles, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, the Hardyz, Kurt Angle, and so on. This fantasy where Vince is going to save TNA and keep another wrestling brand on TV is beyond ludicrous.

Exactly. The only promotions Vince is interested in supporting are the ones that he can pull new talent out of, and are zero competition to WWE's media empire. There is a reason they never mention TNA on WWE tv programming. They don't want the casual fans even knowing it's a thing. But if he could but it for cheap, he can make his money back with that video footage, and maybe get a few of the wrestlers over to WWE for less money than they would have demanded when TNA was a legit brand (and could afford to be competitive salary or work-date-wise).

I think they would gladly bring in vetrans like Matt Hardy, Lashley and Drew Galloway to beef up the split rosters with guys that are already trained in the WWE way of doing things (even if they don't use them well).

A lot of the roster would probably be given a shot via NXT too, wich is a stepping stone nobody would heve ever considered back when WWE bought out WCW. Hell, there's some gold for the cruiserweights in there too, like Rockstar Spud and Mandrews.

There's a lot of guys that wouldn't have had a chance at WWE a year ago, but with the brand split thinning out the rosters, there's lots of opportunities for them. Why would you waste the chance to fill those holes to try reviving a dead brand and fill yet ANOTHER tv roster for a new show?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-20 13:32:48

At 9/20/16 08:57 AM, ZJ wrote: TNA is a dead brand. Just accept it. Vince doesn't give a shit about that product and the only reason he'd buy is for that tape library where he could pimp out additional matches for people like AJ Styles, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, the Hardyz, Kurt Angle, and so on. This fantasy where Vince is going to save TNA and keep another wrestling brand on TV is beyond ludicrous.

Vince would love to kill another rival. The tapes would be the best thing. Just like he did with WCW.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-20 14:03:44

RAW was really weak this week, which is sad because they have a PPV coming up. Waiting 20 minutes for your first match, is going to lose viewers. Especially, when you have to compete with Monday Night Football. Chris Jericho was the best of the night. They really should be giving him more screen time. He made a list of all the things Foley has been doing wrong and read it in the ring. Just like his classic list of 1,004 moves.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-21 01:10:46

Smackdown was nice this week, once again being better than RAW. The Usos came out in new outfits , because they are heels. They won their match against American Alpha, and will fight Heath Slater & Rhyno for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships at No Mercy. The Miz won his match to keep his belt. In the main event, Dean Ambrose beat John Cena. It is always nice to see boring John Cena lose.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 01:53:52

At 9/20/16 01:32 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Vince would love to kill another rival. The tapes would be the best thing. Just like he did with WCW.

TNA isn't a rival, they aren't even a blip on the WWE radar.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 11:00:48

At 9/22/16 01:53 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:

TNA is a wrestling program just like WWE. They may not be as big or popular, but they still count as a rival.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 11:18:09

If Clash of champions is a bad PPV would they really fire Foley? He mentioned that on RAW this week. If they did, who would replace him?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 11:18:18

At 9/22/16 11:00 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/22/16 01:53 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:
TNA is a wrestling program just like WWE. They may not be as big or popular, but they still count as a rival.

noun: rival; plural noun: rivals
a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.
"he has no serious rival for the job"
synonyms: opponent, challenger, competitor, contender; More
antonyms: ally
a person or thing that equals another in quality.
"she has no rivals as a female rock singer"
synonyms: equal, match, peer, equivalent, counterpart, like
"the tool has no rival"

TNA is not a rival to WWE. They are hidden away on an obscure TV network most people will never watch, they aren't a globally travelling organization... hell they rarely leave Florida. They do not have a multi-media empire and very few non-wrestling fans know they exist.

There WAS a time they could have been considered a legit rival, but then they hired all the same people that tanked WCW and history repeated itself.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 13:28:36

At 9/22/16 11:18 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: TNA is not a rival to WWE. They are hidden away on an obscure TV network most people will never watch, they aren't a globally travelling organization... hell they rarely leave Florida. They do not have a multi-media empire and very few non-wrestling fans know they exist.

Would you consider TNA to be amateur and WWE to be professional pro wrestling?

There WAS a time they could have been considered a legit rival, but then they hired all the same people that tanked WCW and history repeated itself.

If not TNA, than does the WWE have no rivals?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 13:51:55

At 9/22/16 01:28 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/22/16 11:18 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: TNA is not a rival to WWE. They are hidden away on an obscure TV network most people will never watch, they aren't a globally travelling organization... hell they rarely leave Florida. They do not have a multi-media empire and very few non-wrestling fans know they exist.
Would you consider TNA to be amateur and WWE to be professional pro wrestling?

I would consider TNA to be a small, localized promotion. You could compare it to Lucha Underground and Ring of Honor in that they all have TV deals on obscure networks, and employ a mix of indie and vetran superstars. It's like a minor league where up-and-comers can cut their teeth until they get drafted by the majors, and vetrans who are past their prime can irk out a few more years.

If not TNA, than does the WWE have no rivals?

Not since WCW. Vince considers things like the NFL to be his rivals, because they compete for market share on TV and mass media. But it's all apples and oranges/

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 14:11:07

At 9/22/16 11:18 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: If Clash of champions is a bad PPV would they really fire Foley? He mentioned that on RAW this week. If they did, who would replace him?

I doubt they'll fire him, he's just a figurehead that really doesn't do any actual booking or writing. As long as he gets pops from the crowd, he'll stay as GM.

I have a feeling Clash of Champions will end up being good... mostly because I'm not really super excited about any of the matches, so they won't have to meet any high expectations. It's almost a guarantee that Owens v Rollins will be fun for a while, but be ruined with a HHH run-in. Thats about the most excitement I can muster.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 14:43:13

At 9/22/16 01:51 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I would consider TNA to be a small, localized promotion. You could compare it to Lucha Underground and Ring of Honor in that they all have TV deals on obscure networks, and employ a mix of indie and vetran superstars. It's like a minor league where up-and-comers can cut their teeth until they get drafted by the majors, and vetrans who are past their prime can irk out a few more years.

That makes sense. TNA is not a bad show, and has been getting better ever since broken Matt. lol

Not since WCW. Vince considers things like the NFL to be his rivals, because they compete for market share on TV and mass media. But it's all apples and oranges/

That is true. Nobody wants to see the XFL again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 14:50:18

At 9/22/16 02:11 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I doubt they'll fire him, he's just a figurehead that really doesn't do any actual booking or writing. As long as he gets pops from the crowd, he'll stay as GM.

I think they should run with it. RAW having bad ratings , and Foley being potential fired with make a good plot line.

I have a feeling Clash of Champions will end up being good... mostly because I'm not really super excited about any of the matches, so they won't have to meet any high expectations. It's almost a guarantee that Owens v Rollins will be fun for a while, but be ruined with a HHH run-in. Thats about the most excitement I can muster.

I am not really interested in this PPV. If Jericho wins and does something funny, that would change my mind. If HHH does a run in, that could be exciting. Maybe mark his return to RAW?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 14:58:06

At 9/22/16 02:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
That is true. Nobody wants to see the XFL again.

Speak for yourself. That shitshow was awesome.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature