00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,515,493 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 15:50:37

Regarding Foley, I wonder if there's an end date on his current run not too far from now.

Either that or they're letting him work indie shows at the same time, as he's still set to appear at ICW's Fear and Loathing IX in November.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 15:55:44

At 9/22/16 03:50 PM, TheMaster wrote: Regarding Foley, I wonder if there's an end date on his current run not too far from now.

Either that or they're letting him work indie shows at the same time, as he's still set to appear at ICW's Fear and Loathing IX in November.

They may have done some talent exchange deals going in to the CWC.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 16:02:58

At 9/22/16 03:55 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 9/22/16 03:50 PM, TheMaster wrote: Regarding Foley, I wonder if there's an end date on his current run not too far from now.

They may have done some talent exchange deals going in to the CWC.

Foley's been booked for this for near a year now, I believe he announced it at the last Fear and Loathing, or if not it was a show around then. He'd have been committed to it before they brought in Noam Dar, and before Foley joined the company for his current run.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 16:53:22

At 9/22/16 02:58 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 9/22/16 02:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
That is true. Nobody wants to see the XFL again.
Speak for yourself. That shitshow was awesome.

What ever happened to He Hate Me? Did anybody from the XFL ever make it to the pros?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 16:56:52

If they did, there are plenty that could take over his role.

Does he just talk, or actually wrestle?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-22 21:31:47

At 9/20/16 02:15 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: You don't think Vince wouldn't like having another wrestling show? He could move the show to the USA network and control another prime time night. He already has Monday and Tuesday.

Vince wants the tape library for the Network and that's it. What else is there to buy from TNA? Honestly. The letters are synonymous with failure (like WCW was at the end), and even the footage I'd say has LESS value then just about any library they've bought because even though they've already picked off the best talent between the main roster and NXT, the problem for them of trying to market anything TNA with a lot of them is that almost all of those guys got treated badly or secondary because of whatever shiny old talent or creative regime Dixie brought in. So while they'd want the tapes, I would not be shocked if the number was ever disclosed that it would be much much less then they've paid for just about anything else ever acquired.

I wish Billy Corgan luck, but I think his best bet is to buy it for the TV deals and such he has in place, shoot some shows and in the meanwhile while those are on completely retool the brand, change the name, and go from there. Right now they have the deal with Evolve and WWN live and that to me is the perfect thing for WWE to be doing. Get in with an indy that has some cred, but isn't too big or national, use that like a Single A or Double A league to scout some guys, bring them in to the PC, get them on the NXT roster when they're ready, and then move them up to the main roster....or if they don't fit in, then keep them down in NXT and let them be the cornerstone guys people know won't be leaving, and creative can safely build big stories around knowing Vince won't get a bug up his ass one day and drag them up.

TNA has honestly been dead for years, it's just that Dixie Carter once upon a time had the money to keep it on life support, but in a couple weeks if Corgan can't get it under his control (reports are he's the only one putting money in) the plug may finally get pulled.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-23 17:56:43

my predictions (Winners in bold)

Kevin Owens Vs. Seth Rollins (Universal championship )

The New Day Vs. The Club (Raw tag team championship )

Charlotte Vs. Sasha Banks Vs. Bayley (Raw women's championship)

Sami Zayn Vs. Chris Jericho

Rusev Vs. Roman Reigns (US championship)

TJ Perkins Vs.Brian Kendrick (Cruiserweight championship)

Cesaro Vs. Sheamus

Nia Jax Vs. Alicia Fox (Pre show match)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-25 21:56:23

Chris Jericho defeated Sami Zayn. Great job Lionheart.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-26 14:51:03

Did anybody else watch Clash of Champions? The worst part was either when Roman won the title, or when the best of seven was a draw. They were both terrible ideas.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-09-29 22:54:13 (edited 2016-09-29 23:06:35)

At 9/29/16 10:31 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: So Who is getting WWE 2K17 when it comes out, I pre ordered mine today.

I may get WWE 2k17 this year when it comes out, or early next year. I mean, I've had the previous wwe 2k16 game since late 2015. (One I have pre-ordered as well, such as the SvR 10 game in late 2009). These games have always given me fun experiences, such as creating stuff like titantrons, paint tools, custom entrances, storylines, CAWS, etc... and versing other users on online ranked matches. So, If it is anything like that, but better, there may be a chance of me getting wwe 2k17 as well. Usually before I do, I always check out the reviews of the game before the date it releases. I will probably watch the IGN pre release date reviews of this wrestling game (Such as seeing the new features, or gameplay of it for example. Also, Greg Miller was always my favourite IGN review commentator lol). So yeah, I will make up my mind about this new game, based on that as well. I'm already liking the cover of it however lol.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-01 00:26:27

RAW was okay this week, the Crusier weights helped make it a little better. Once again Chris Jericho was the highlight of the night. KO and Jericho defeated Enzo and Big Cass. Jericho really needs his own belt to keep up with Owens. Getting tired of Gallows and Anderson jobbing again. They would be great tag team champs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-01 01:33:36

At 10/1/16 12:26 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: RAW was okay this week, the Crusier weights helped make it a little better. Once again Chris Jericho was the highlight of the night. KO and Jericho defeated Enzo and Big Cass. Jericho really needs his own belt to keep up with Owens. Getting tired of Gallows and Anderson jobbing again. They would be great tag team champs.

Maybe Jericho can grab the US title, and Jeri-KO will become tag champs and run the house. Then Jericho can show up in drag and also steal the women's belt.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-01 01:40:33

At 10/1/16 01:33 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 10/1/16 12:26 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: RAW was okay this week, the Crusier weights helped make it a little better. Once again Chris Jericho was the highlight of the night. KO and Jericho defeated Enzo and Big Cass. Jericho really needs his own belt to keep up with Owens. Getting tired of Gallows and Anderson jobbing again. They would be great tag team champs.
Maybe Jericho can grab the US title, and Jeri-KO will become tag champs and run the house.

I am okay with this. Jericho and Owens need more screen time.

Then Jericho can show up in drag and also steal the women's belt.

They would have to recruit a girl to be on their team. She would have to be Canadian to fit in.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-08 01:49:04

RAW had one big confrontation that had been brewing for sometime. Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens vs. Kelso and Hyde from the 70's Show. Kelso and Hyde were both too scared to meet Jericho in the ring. They sat at ring side and tried to insult him. However, it did not faze Chris Jericho. What did we learn from this? No matter how big of a crybaby tries to stop you, just keep doing what you do.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-24 13:34:15

That's Foley pulled out of ICW Fear and Loathing IX because it clashes with Survivor Series. He'll be appearing via satellite instead.

WWE have been a class act, though. They're sending Finn Balor as a replacement, which is far better than Foley since ICW was his home promotion before he went to New Japan.

Going to be a fucking awesome show.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-24 14:18:23

Chris Jericho stole the show again on last week's RAW. Kevin Owens was a close second. The friendship is going well, but it looks they will feud sometime in the future. Goldberg came out in the last ten minutes , and said he would face Brock one more time. As soon as they put him in the newest game, you new this would happen. Brock will show up in tonight's RAW, hopefully they do more with him than they did with Goldberg.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-26 03:16:43

RAW had one of the worst endings that I have even seen in any wrestling show. It was stupid, lazy, and I can't believe they did it. Smackdown needs to stop with Dean Ambrose trying to mess with AJ and just have the fight for the title already. Dean has been really annoying lately. WWE really needs to get its act together.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-26 10:35:10

At 10/26/16 03:16 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: RAW had one of the worst endings that I have even seen in any wrestling show. It was stupid, lazy, and I can't believe they did it. Smackdown needs to stop with Dean Ambrose trying to mess with AJ and just have the fight for the title already. Dean has been really annoying lately. WWE really needs to get its act together.

Who's the moron that thought it was a good idea to try and get the crowd to cheer for Goldberg over Lesnar in his home turf? Heyman tried so hard, bless his heart, but it was never going to happen. That pretty much wasted an entire precious week of actually building this fight as more than a nostalgia act.

I think the promo of the night really had to be Foley emphasizing how evil the cell is. Too bad it hasn't really been more than an over-glorified cage match for the past several years. The HIAC experience Foley sells is not what we'll be seeing. No way in hell is Sasha going through a table from the top of the cage, or Charlotte being choked slammed right through the roof. That said, I still expect the ladies to steal the show in their own way.

Smackdown seems to know full well the AJ/Ambrose fued is stale, that's why they injected James Ellsworth into the mix. The angle is really about him at this point. Not sure where they plan on taking the guy, but when you get past his goofy look and sad physique and look at what he's actually done so far, he's played a better character than anyone (save for Brian Kendrik) in the cruiserweight division.

He seems so sincere and he sells like a champ when he's beaten down. There's a certain degree of talent there you can't dismiss and it'll be interesting to see what they actually do with this guy. He'll never be a real competitor, but something has to happen to make him pay off. Maybe they will use him to turn Dean heel again and have a new babyface come in to save him. They definitely need a new top babyface, and Ellsworth could be the perfect vessel to set things up.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-26 14:53:25

At 10/26/16 10:35 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 10/26/16 03:16 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: RAW had one of the worst endings that I have even seen in any wrestling show. It was stupid, lazy, and I can't believe they did it. Smackdown needs to stop with Dean Ambrose trying to mess with AJ and just have the fight for the title already. Dean has been really annoying lately. WWE really needs to get its act together.
Who's the moron that thought it was a good idea to try and get the crowd to cheer for Goldberg over Lesnar in his home turf? Heyman tried so hard, bless his heart, but it was never going to happen. That pretty much wasted an entire precious week of actually building this fight as more than a nostalgia act.

The entire thing was lame and a giant waste of time. That moron should be removed as a writer.

I think the promo of the night really had to be Foley emphasizing how evil the cell is. Too bad it hasn't really been more than an over-glorified cage match for the past several years. The HIAC experience Foley sells is not what we'll be seeing. No way in hell is Sasha going through a table from the top of the cage, or Charlotte being choked slammed right through the roof. That said, I still expect the ladies to steal the show in their own way.

I disagree. Charlotte vs. Sasha once again, but in a Cage does not excite me. The only danger will be the botches in the match. The entire diva division has really under performed , and they should stop trying to shove it down our throats.

Smackdown seems to know full well the AJ/Ambrose fued is stale, that's why they injected James Ellsworth into the mix. The angle is really about him at this point. Not sure where they plan on taking the guy, but when you get past his goofy look and sad physique and look at what he's actually done so far, he's played a better character than anyone (save for Brian Kendrik) in the cruiserweight division.

The only way I will care about Ellsworth is it he pulls the swerve on Ambrose. Something the fans would never see coming. Ambrose starts feuding with James, and AJ finally gets to fight somebody else.

The Brian Kendrick is just as good as he was in his tour. He needs to win the belt, and talk massive amounts of garbage. Especially, if lame TJ actually lets him win.

He seems so sincere and he sells like a champ when he's beaten down. There's a certain degree of talent there you can't dismiss and it'll be interesting to see what they actually do with this guy. He'll never be a real competitor, but something has to happen to make him pay off. Maybe they will use him to turn Dean heel again and have a new babyface come in to save him. They definitely need a new top babyface, and Ellsworth could be the perfect vessel to set things up.

Currently, wrestlers seem to never go full heel. They are kinda a face, but use heel tactics and get away with it. If Ambrose goes heel they really need to make it extreme. Have him beat up Ellsworth a few times, and maybe injury him so bad that he can never wrestle again? That would give him some major heat.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-28 14:32:37 (edited 2016-10-28 14:35:44)

At 10/28/16 01:01 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: My Predictions for Hell in a cell (Winners in bold)

Kevin Owens Vs. Seth Rollins (Hell in a cell Universal championship match)

I agree. If Owens loses, it will likely be because of Jericho, but I think they'll hold off on splitting them until after Survivor Series.

Roman Reigns Vs. Rusev (Hell in a cell US championship match)

Probably. I don't really care much about this contest. Rusev is doomed to be used poorly just because he's foreign.

Sasha Banks Vs. Charlotte (Hell in a cell Women's championship match)

This could go either way, but I feel like they need to let Sasha keep it a while to give the new Women's title more prestige.

The New Day Vs. Sheamus & Cesaro (Tag team championship match)

Unless they are dead set on New Day breaking Demoltion's record, it makes more sense to get Sheamus and Cesaro over. I hate to admit it, but I am really enjoying their odd couple act, and they need a major win to keep it going.

TJ Perkins Vs. Brian Kendrick (Cruiserweight championship match)

The cruiserweights are really weak in the character department. TJ is great in-ring, but the belt needs to go to Kendrick. His character depth and experience will only elevate anyone that goes after him for the belt, and will likely highlight whoever the cruiserweight's top babyfaces are ultimately going to be.

Enzo & Cass Vs. Gallows & Anderson

Gallows & Andrson have been booked so badly I really can't see them winning this one. They MIGHT lose via DQ, and give Enzo and Cass a major beating to build another match, but I don't see them slowing Enzo and Cass in a match with no real stakes.

Bayley Vs. Dana Brooke

Dana is my dark horse pick for the PPV. Bayley winning would feel good, but Dana needs it more. Bayley is going to eventually win the women's championship and I think a slow burn is better for her underdog status. Dana winning would push her up the ladder for the inevitable fight with Charolette.

Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado & Sin Cara Vs. Tony Nese, Drew Gulak & Ariya Daivari (Pre-show Match)

I agree. The babyfaces almost always win the pre-show to get the crowd fired up.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-28 16:31:44 (edited 2016-10-28 16:32:33)

My Predictions for Hell in a cell (Winners in bold)

Kevin Owens Vs. Seth Rollins (Hell in a cell Universal championship match)

Roman Reigns Vs. Rusev (Hell in a cell US championship match)

Sasha Banks Vs. Charlotte (Hell in a cell Women's championship match)

The New Day Vs. Sheamus & Cesaro (Tag team championship match)

TJ Perkins Vs. Brian Kendrick (Cruiserweight championship match)

Enzo & Cass Vs. Gallows & Anderson

Bayley Vs. Dana Brooke

Really want Kevin Owens and The Brian Kendrick to win.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-10-28 19:00:40

At 10/28/16 02:32 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: and will likely highlight whoever the cruiserweight's top babyfaces are ultimately going to be.

Noam Dar, please.

I'm seeing Raw and Smackdown when they're in Glasgow the week after next, and my hype is entirely predicated on the fact that I've 100% convinced myself they'll be debuting Noam Dar on Raw.

The shows are a bust if I don't get to sing "DAR DAR DAR" to the tune of the Imperial March from Star Wars with an arena full of Scots.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-11-04 01:22:21

RAW was a good episode this week. The Brian Kendrick won the Cruiser weight title. Kevin Owens is still the champ. Chris Jericho almost won a championship. They should really let Jericho win a belt sometime soon. Randy Orten joining the Wyatt family is an interesting development.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-11-07 13:39:22

Up in the nosebleeds for Raw tonight. Same price as my 4th row Smackdown tickets for tomorrow.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-11-07 16:24:25

At 11/7/16 01:39 PM, TheMaster wrote: Up in the nosebleeds for Raw tonight. Same price as my 4th row Smackdown tickets for tomorrow.

Enjoy the show tonight. We will see a mini Shield reunion, no Ambrose, they will probably fight Owens and Jericho.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-11-07 18:16:21

NOAM, NOAM, NOAM FUCKING DAR.

Thunderous pop for him tonight. Deafening ICW and Pinky Party chants. Incredible segment.

If the women's promo makes it to air unedited I will be amazed. Drowned out completely for minutes at a time with singing. Great fun.

Jericho is over as FUCK. Most cheers all night.

Good show. Second hour was a drag, but you know that going into Raw.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-11-08 02:30:51

At 11/7/16 06:16 PM, TheMaster wrote: NOAM, NOAM, NOAM FUCKING DAR.
Thunderous pop for him tonight. Deafening ICW and Pinky Party chants. Incredible segment.

It was lame that they made him and The Brian Kendrick lose.

If the women's promo makes it to air unedited I will be amazed. Drowned out completely for minutes at a time with singing. Great fun.

Yes, you can hear the singing, but it is hard to make out the words.

Jericho is over as FUCK. Most cheers all night.

I totally agree. For a guy that loses almost ever week, he is a fan favorite.

Good show. Second hour was a drag, but you know that going into Raw.

That is true. Did you buy any merchandise at the show?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-11-08 10:51:21

Leave it to the Scots to sing their love for someone, then go so overboard with it they prevent that person from being able to talk. For those of us watching at home, It went from being fun to disrespectful pretty quick.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-11-08 13:59:27

At 11/8/16 10:51 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
Leave it to the Scots to sing their love for someone, then go so overboard with it they prevent that person from being able to talk. For those of us watching at home, It went from being fun to disrespectful pretty quick.

To be fair, the Divas segments are boring. Especially, Charlotte's new " Queen " gimmick.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-11-08 15:19:49

At 11/8/16 01:59 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 11/8/16 10:51 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
To be fair, the Divas segments are boring. Especially, Charlotte's new " Queen " gimmick.

Well, that's your personal opinion. Most wrestling critics have nothing but good things to say about the current women. Maybe you'd be happy if Hulk Hogan came back and won the women's title?

Charlotte has been a crowd favorite since NXT, and has had a hard time getting heat. Her 'Queen' gimmick actually seems to be working, especially when she's demeaning other favorites like Sasha and Bailey.