00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lyokzi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,520,180 Views | 29,935 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-08 11:17:36

At 8/7/11 07:29 AM, Shaun wrote: I think Kozlov being released is the biggest surprise, wish they pulled the trigger and gave him the world title back when he was originally feuding for it on smackdown. Still managed to be fairly over as a face and a heel. Sad to see him go.

Are you kidding me? Kozlov could and still cannot wrestle. He should never be anywhere near the world title picture.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-08 22:46:15

At 8/8/11 11:17 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Are you kidding me? Kozlov could and still cannot wrestle. He should never be anywhere near the world title picture.

Yep, like Khali a complete one trick pony that never showed an ounce of advancement. Unlike Khali however, Kozlov isn't a star to a market they want to continue to have good relations with. I think he's lucky he lasted as long as he did really.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-08 23:53:32

Imagine instead of Punk and Cena they had Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-09 03:07:36

The last segment of Raw saved what was otherwise a pretty lackluster show.

At 8/9/11 01:29 AM, MudkipsPiano wrote: So much for Alex Riley being on Smackdown huh

Oh yeah...that happened didn't it? Meh.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-09 16:12:46

Is it just me & one particular sign-holder in the audience, or has Punk successfully started the 2nd coming of the Attitude Era?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-11 00:51:35

At 8/9/11 04:12 PM, Swackman wrote: Is it just me & one particular sign-holder in the audience, or has Punk successfully started the 2nd coming of the Attitude Era?

I don't think it's the Attitude Era, because it's not the same thing. I like the term Punk coined, the "reality era" because I think what he and Cena have done is they've taken their issue to a very real place. Yes they're working, but I feel a bit like we are getting a lot of what Phil Brooks and John Cena feel about each other, they're position, and the title they both are competing for. It's a refreshing change and I like that Triple H also has refrained from being ridiculously over the top. I still think there's things to tweek and that certainly this approach won't work for every character in every storyline, but as we've seen before, change tends to be a top down thing in the business.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-11 11:17:11

I came across this video of Miz and this dude Keen today. Figured I'd share it.

Out of all those who got released, I'd say Masterswas teh biggest letdown. He was at least trying to get over and has provided us with some laughs.

DH wasn't on TV for so long that I nearly forgot he was still there. Think they will get rid of Kid next?

The fact that we all know that they will be using a double for Cara makes me think of when they had the fake Undertaker. Do you think the hardcore fans will boo the fake Cara as well or will they let is slide?

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-11 14:46:51

At 8/9/11 04:12 PM, Swackman wrote: Is it just me & one particular sign-holder in the audience, or has Punk successfully started the 2nd coming of the Attitude Era?

Please tell me you're talking about the guy holding the Trollface sign on Raw this past monday.

And i'unno, I see him as Rock 2.0. Insofar as him constantly berating and badmouthing everything he has a problem with. I really want to see this persona that Punk's taking turn into something really awesome instead of just abandoning it halfway for some crap. Like when he went from commentator to Nexus. That was really lame. The whole nexus thing was really played out and just kind of lame, in my opinion.

As far as the bullshit between Christian and Orton goes, are they just going to keep exchanging titles until it stops being a fucking pain in the ass? I mean, seriously. Night of Champions. Christian V Orton over the title? Hell In A Cell, Orton V Christian? What the fuck are they doing with that?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-12 11:36:27

"Reality Era"..........yeah, that works. ^_^

For those who don't know (because I never saw it mentioned on a commercial, which I found odd), Sheamus was on Conan last night. And it was awesome. Conan called Sheamus out on an insult thrown his way during his KotR stint, then they started insulting each other's haircuts. Then, he Bro Kick-ed (correct me on spelling) the head clean off of a Conan dummy. :P

At 8/11/11 02:46 PM, Porkchop wrote:
Please tell me you're talking about the guy holding the Trollface sign on Raw this past monday.

All I saw on the sign was "CM Punk" and "Attitude Era"; dunno about any trollfaces.....

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-12 11:37:28

At 8/11/11 02:46 PM, Porkchop wrote: As far as the bullshit between Christian and Orton goes, are they just going to keep exchanging titles until it stops being a fucking pain in the ass? I mean, seriously. Night of Champions. Christian V Orton over the title? Hell In A Cell, Orton V Christian? What the fuck are they doing with that?

Weren't you the guys who cried out loud that Christian did not get enough title matches. Now you've got your wish.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-13 05:18:16

At 8/12/11 01:48 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: Hey guys, I have a date tonight at 7:50 but I may cancel it because fuckin' Smackdown is on hell yeah

And if I decide to go I'm going to wear my CM Punk Best in the World T Shirt.

Rofl, you'd better go if you want hot sex afterwards. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-13 22:45:59

At 8/13/11 05:18 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Rofl, you'd better go if you want hot sex afterwards. :P

I'm thinking unless she's a wrestling fan or very understanding he's not getting hot sex...especially if he was willing to blow her off for wrestling.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-14 11:35:05

At 8/13/11 10:45 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: I'm thinking unless she's a wrestling fan or very understanding he's not getting hot sex...especially if he was willing to blow her off for wrestling.

Or he can make it simple --- knock her out cold with sweet chin music and then rape her. :P
Did I just say "rape"? ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-14 22:51:06

ALBERTO........DELLLLLRIOOOOOOO

I missed a majority of the PPV but that was one hell of an ending.

In internet years i'm dead. *click sig to zoom zoom*

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-14 22:52:32

I definitely didn't see that coming. I'm very interested to see where this will go since CM Punk's win will be undoubtedly disputed. As long as Punk stays in the main even scene I'll be happy.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-15 03:41:26

Why are they pushing ADR so much?

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-15 08:19:17

And WWE took everything about MITB and shat all over it.

Really, it was a good PPV but everyone that won save for the Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan match and Punk/Cena 2 didn't deserve it. I hate Orton and I wanna know how many people Kelly Kelly has slept with to get that fucking belt. I want WRESTLING not dressed up WHORES trying to be wrestlers or rather "sports entertainers" yeah, fuck that.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-15 09:55:10

Well as it stands the reason Kelly Kelly is winning is because men still go: "OHHH! HATCHI MATCHI! Isn't she just a pretty dame. Look how clothed she is when I can see naked pictures of women on the internet!" Until they stop being stupid then that will still happen.

PPV was good...ending was very eh but it excites me because I feel that Rey, Cena, and Punk all deserve rematches (based on the random rules they have for titles) so I hope a 4 man match for the title is in store sometime (next PPV). And then Cena will win. And it will not be a surprise unless something else happens.

Oh well. WWE is doing some interesting stuff at least. The most upsetting thing is the awkward thinness of Kelly Kelly and Cody Rhodes' legs. Their thighs are unnaturally thin and look like they could break at any moment. Creepy skeletal stuff.

Also, I thought because Triple H was the ref that Punk would do the Pepsi Plunge. I was wrong I guess. Sad :(.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-15 16:21:04

Ashamed to be a wrestling fan now. Jesus fucking christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wje7ZKaqr E8

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-15 18:52:17

At 8/15/11 04:21 PM, ViperMask wrote: Ashamed to be a wrestling fan now. Jesus fucking christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wje7ZKaqr E8

Care to share what that was? The video's been taken down.

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-15 19:50:47

Did everyone miss the fact that Kevin fucking Nash came out and got involved in this storyline? I'm seriously struggling to see how one can consider this a good thing.

Also, CM Punk pinned Cena for the title, but now neither have the belt, and Punk only won because of a bad refereeing decision. Hardly a strong victory.

I'm trying to not be too negative about this until we see where they're going with it, though. Maybe they have something great planned for Nash(??)

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-15 23:44:53

At 8/15/11 07:50 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: I'm trying to not be too negative about this until we see where they're going with it, though. Maybe they have something great planned for Nash(??)

See I found the problem. You used the words Kevin Nash and something great in the same sentence and it is 2011.

I don't know what they are doing, I miss RAW tonight due to human interactions (ew friends) and I don't understand why they don't just make it a big 4 way match since you had 3 number 1 contenders. Or now a triple threat. But whatever they are doing with Nash...I don't care. It is killing me to see Punk in this shitty situation with having to make Nash look like he is not garbage. XD

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-16 15:50:11

Oh lordy...........Trips is getting the band back together, isn't he...... It's going to be Punk vs. The Cliq, ain't it?

Anyone who didn't expect ADR to cash in is stupid. IT'S HIS DESTINY!!!!!!!

For those who are bitching about Orton getting the title again, well, remember what Jericho said on his Twitter about Christian's last title loss? Yeah, that. This is all part of an even bigger plot, here. Chances are Truth, Miz & Christian are all going to get together at some point in a resistance of sorts, similar to Punk, but as heels still. At least that's what's been hinted at.

Kelly........I still think she's hot, but I just can't keep ignoring the facts anymore.....I just can't take her seriously as champ at all. It's rather sad. She suffers from 4 Moves Of Doom like Cena, but only 2 of them are really wrestling moves to begin with. She just doesn't seem to take the gig seriously whatsoever - I dunno if she's been told to do that, or if she really doesn't.......but again, it's sad.

At least A.J. is hot, and she CAN wrestle.

At 8/15/11 03:41 AM, Jonny wrote: Why are they pushing ADR so much?

Uh, because he's great in the ring, great on the mic, and plays an awesome heel?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-17 01:06:45

At 8/15/11 08:19 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: I want WRESTLING not dressed up WHORES trying to be wrestlers or rather "sports entertainers" yeah, fuck that.

WWE trolling the "real womens wrestling" fans amuses me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-17 03:04:51

Interesting couple of days, let's review:

Summerslam was a great show until the last five minutes. I thoroughly enjoyed it with copious amounts of alcohol and the greatest mixed shots I've ever had.

The six man was a very good, very fun unannounced opener. Finish was no shock since Rey should get a victory when he's got a title match the next night.

I really enjoyed Sheamus and Mark Henry's match and the finishing spot was good. They humanized Sheamus a bit and in retrospect that probably isn't a bad thing.

Divas match was ok. Nobody in my group enjoyed the idea that Kelly won. Guess they decided that if they didn't show a way for Kelly to win at first, that nobody would believe she could. Personally I'd love to see the belt on Beth so the division could be rebuilt...but I can only see one half of what I just said happening in the near future.

Christian and Orton were off the damn charts. Fantastic match, best Orton has ever had I think. If he could keep doing that, I'd get off his ass about being overrated. Hopefully Christian gets rewarded with a spot hovering near the main events till ultimately getting to step back in once Orton is done as champion. Nothing for either man to be ashamed of.

But as good as that was, Punk/Cena 2 was just that much better. John Cena more then held up his end here. Both men all left it all in that ring and Cena went well out of his comfort zone here. The finish with the leg on the rope I felt was a good way to give Punk the victory but protect Cena and give him a reason to come back for round 3.

But then the last 5 minutes happened...what in the fuck was that? Is Vince Russo back on the payroll? Whoever the fuck called for this shit needs to be fired immediately. Kevin Nash powerbombing Punk...really? Old Man Nash? Then Del Rio cashes in, the first MITB cash in that gets NO REACTION, and wins? Awful. They fucked Del Rio as hard, or harder then Cena or Punk. They had this phenomenal bout that is forever tainted by this garbage. You've also now created a champion that people are going to hate for the fact that he's involved in the tainting and partial ruination of this fantastic bout and storyline. Awful, simply awful.

Then we got RAW. Holy fuck do I not like this. The only way for me that I wasn't going to have a lump in my throat and a feeling that WWE completely conned me was if Nash came out and we found out that it was all a Del Rio plan. But no, we have more Stephanie, and Trips denying, and Nash blameing him...and what does that tell me? It tells me this is all Stephanie's fault because Punk talked trash on her and made her daddy lose his slot and she's used her husband as a patsy here as well (or worse, he'll turn too). Far, far, FAR too early to put a McMahon back on television, especially since she's the one that will not bump or result in any sort of wrestling math with Punk down the road to satisfy us. This sucks and it feels like WWE once again lied to and conned everybody who started to believe they might change.

The rest of the show was decent, but it's a case of if you didn't like the main through line, you didn't really like this show. Morrison and Truth had a very good brawl. Rey and Del Rio another great match, but for me when the finish isn't in doubt for a second, I always have a certain disconnect. I enjoyed the Bourne and Kofi team and would like to see them going after those belts and teaming up more regularly, could result in something unique and interesting. I enjoyed Punk just utterly beating Nash in the war of the words, just wrecked him. Unfortunately this probably means at least one match. Not something I want unless it's on TV and Punk just squashes him and we never see it again. Can't be pushing somebody as old, immobile, and injury prone as Nash at this point. They just can't...but sadly they probably will. God I'm tired of this company disappointing me.

Barrett vs. Bryan was very solid, very good stuff. I was shocked at Barrett pulling it out, but not in a bad way. Barrett seems to always hover around that point just below being "made" and being an afterthought. There's something there, keep developing it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-17 03:37:16

Avie, that rant reminds me of myself a little bit when I first started watching again, which was...9 months ago. Sheesh time flies.

SummerSlam was a good overall show but I didn't get nearly as much enjoyment out of it as I did with MitB (which I just got in the mail today) It was mostly because while almost every match was great, nobody that I wanted to win, actually won aside from Punk, and we all know what happened there. Not sure why they're pushing Nash considering all the cons people keep saying about him, but it was nice to see Punk run circles around him on the mic.

Also I fully expect them to mess up ADR's title run with him going down to Cena who shouldn't even be in the title hunt since he LOST at SS. What's worse is that Cena was considered the Paper Champion, and yet he starts calling ADR a false champion, even when ADR used MitB like everyone else ever did. And why isn't Punk first in line to go after the title with a rematch since he was officially champion when ADR cashed it in? Start making sense WWE!

At least one good thing came of this: OMG KEVIN NASH WTF THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD LOL!!!

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-17 11:00:01

At 8/17/11 03:37 AM, 36Holla wrote: At least one good thing came of this: OMG KEVIN NASH WTF THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD LOL!!!

When Punk said that I literally lauged out loud.

I think Nash pulled off something great the other night. He managed to enter and exit a WWE ring without tearing his quad or anything! Way to go Nash!

In all honesty I did enjoy the verbal exchange between Punk and Nash. Though I think Avie is right on saying that they shouldn't invest in a guy with his track record.

Also Miz ate a sandwhich he stole from Jared from Subway.... Um.. Yeah...

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-17 12:18:11

At 8/15/11 06:03 PM, JKMonkey wrote: probably one of the best main events ive seen in a while, I was pulling for Cena so as you can imagine I was raging when Punk won, but once Diesel (aka Kevin Nash) came out and beat the shit out of Punk, THEN Del Rio cashed in and won the belt I was on cloud nine

not a big fan of Punk as you can see

I knew that ADR would cash in at Summer Slam and win the title. Vince has been pushing him so hard ever since his debut.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-17 12:53:09

Barrett had to beat DB at Summer Slam in order to be taken seriously again. I'm glad that he got the CLEAN win after jobbing for months.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-08-20 03:10:57

Orton vs Mark Henry and Christian isn't even on the show this week.

Bleh.

BBS Signature