00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Welput just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

RPG club

719,968 Views | 21,492 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 14:51:18

At 11/19/03 02:03 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote:
At 11/19/03 01:50 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
At 11/19/03 01:21 AM, TheDarkSamurai wrote: Class: Palidan
Too harsh. That's my favorite D & D class.
my second favorite, i prefer a monk

My second favorite would be a druid and third would be an illusionist. Monks are cool but pretty weak at beginning (at least in 1st edition). In my opinion two of the best combos would be a wood elf druid or a drow elf assassin (hey didn't James pick one of those?)

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 15:01:09

At 11/19/03 02:51 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
At 11/19/03 02:03 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote:
At 11/19/03 01:50 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
At 11/19/03 01:21 AM, TheDarkSamurai wrote: Class: Palidan
Too harsh. That's my favorite D & D class.
my second favorite, i prefer a monk
My second favorite would be a druid and third would be an illusionist. Monks are cool but pretty weak at beginning (at least in 1st edition). In my opinion two of the best combos would be a wood elf druid or a drow elf assassin (hey didn't James pick one of those?)

assassin is a prestige class in 3rd ed., which means u need 2 make certain requirements. my 3 faves are *drum roll*

1.Human Monk
2.Human Palidan
3.Dwarven Fighter

Dwarves make excellent Wizards 2, interesting ones also, maybe ill make a NPC..........

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 15:13:48

At 11/19/03 03:01 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote: Dwarves make excellent Wizards 2, interesting ones also, maybe ill make a NPC..........

Haha! Dwarves can't be wizards in first edition but your dwarven cleric seems to be doing well. Out of all the characters (including NPCs) you have the best armor class CHEESEGOD and your healing spells just add to Eberk's resiliency.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 15:57:10

At 11/19/03 03:13 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Haha! Dwarves can't be wizards in first edition but your dwarven cleric seems to be doing well. Out of all the characters (including NPCs) you have the best armor class CHEESEGOD and your healing spells just add to Eberk's resiliency.

ya i know, sucks, no class restrictions to races in 3rd ; )>

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 16:18:10

Davis takes you out of the town, heading north. It's a cloudy day, and dread hangs in the air. "Let's all hope you can defeat the goblins, they have been terrorizing our town for several months now......"

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 16:20:40

At 11/19/03 03:57 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote: ya i know, sucks, no class restrictions to races in 3rd ; )>

That's why a lot of people prefer 3rd edition over the other versions. I'm a diehard 1st edition fan myself. My two days off went by way too fast. That sucks. Damn CHEESEGOD, you and the other members made a shitload of posts yesterday playing your game. I'm a little hesitant to fire up the game today.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 16:23:50

At 11/19/03 04:18 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote: Davis takes you out of the town, heading north. It's a cloudy day, and dread hangs in the air. "Let's all hope you can defeat the goblins, they have been terrorizing our town for several months now......"

Goblins? this is what has to be cleared from the mines? This shouldnt be too difficult. should have gone on that 'amazing trip'

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 16:31:48

hey all just though i would say hi before i have to go home ttyl

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 16:51:41

At 11/19/03 04:18 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote: Davis takes you out of the town, heading north. It's a cloudy day, and dread hangs in the air. "Let's all hope you can defeat the goblins, they have been terrorizing our town for several months now......"

"Are we completely on our own in this"?

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 17:12:34

At 11/19/03 04:51 PM, _redruM_ wrote: "Are we completely on our own in this"?

yup! happy huh?

ill be back soon i g2g out ; )>

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 17:39:42

Neverwinter Nights is an MMORPG based 100% off DnD rules. If you did some research, you would have known that. They have every single DnD class and race balanced to be fair in each category. If one used those options, it would save you alot of time and you wouldn't need to make up anything... It also has types within classes for example... A fighting Paladin, or a Healing Paladin, each has different attributes and skills. There are vast descriptions of each characters, race etc, etc. Also, my NG e-mail doesn’t work... It’s sk8erpimp20@hotmail.com. There would also be no need for a rolling dice for the attributes, thus making everything fair… If you’ve played the game you would completely understand what I am talking about.

To Recon, yes I would have to be Lawful Good, Paladin is also my favorite class.

If you wish to use the "fair" attirbutes, please ask and I shall post them for EVERY class with the corresponding type of action. But you must know that this game is really based off of DnD rules, otherwise I don't believe they would sell over 10 million copies world wide. The Second Expansion already went gold and it's still in the making!

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 17:56:25

hey guys reall quick what the
Race
Class of my fellows in CG Game i lost track a fewpgs back

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 18:12:33

At 11/19/03 02:31 AM, CHEESEGOD wrote:
At 11/19/03 02:26 AM, Mina_Sol wrote: CHEESEGOD D&D-
asks the guard "why might we need to arm ourselves? surely there are enough of us to handle this captain airn." but prepares herself anyways..
"Haha! Why would you want to harm the Captain? And I was reffering to the lack of weapons on this one." he points at Mr.Trivia.

"You consider a longsword, shortsword, and a shortbow a 'lack of weapons'?" asked Mr. Trivia. "Well, we can't all carry full military arsenals with us, you know!"

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 19:44:36

At 11/19/03 05:39 PM, TheDarkSamurai wrote: Neverwinter Nights is an MMORPG based 100% off DnD rules.

I've played NWN. A good friend of mine owns it. It didn't run too well on his computer, but I'd still have to say it was a pretty good game.

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 19:52:35

Thanks _Redrum_, does this mean you support my actions? If the games developers actually put their trust in their customers, the after affect would result in unfairness. Everything is equal, that's why it's such a good game.

I hate when people say it's nothing like DnD, but the overall truth is that they've never played it. Look in the rule book, then compare to the games rules.. They're the same, player vs. player and monster vs. player all rules apply. I don't know how broader I can be...

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 19:59:08

so whats everyone up to ... i need to find something to do.

RPG club

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 20:07:54

listen Seiken, i know its like D&D, ive played IWD2, made by the same ppl. but it is from a different campaign setting with different things, and a few different rules. it is not exactly like D&D, but it is very similar. in this game we are using the rules from the core rule books, not a computer game. it is not fair because some of the info u presented is not in the core rule books, or any books i have. and thus i can not use them.

understand?

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 20:12:29

At 11/19/03 07:59 PM, Random_Zero wrote: so whats everyone up to ... i need to find something to do.

Absolutely nothing. I'd love to go to sleep right now but I still have about 7 hours left on my shift. On top of that I'm developing quite the headache. Blah.

So you like gifs Random_Zero? Here's a cool one from Star Wars.

RPG club

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 20:15:39

i dont use a whole lot of gifs i just use that one becuase it represents me 90% of the time on a few different levels.

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 20:17:31

Like I said, "You do not have to use them, they are a guide line" but if I or you roll shitty dice and I get crappy attributes what then? Where is the fairness in that? There is none.

I'd prefer to join Recon's game, where he actually "knows what he is doing" you stupid amature. Like I said, you have NOT played Neverwinter Nights, thus you will NEVER understand.

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 20:26:18

At 11/19/03 08:17 PM, TheDarkSamurai wrote: Like I said, "You do not have to use them, they are a guide line" but if I or you roll shitty dice and I get crappy attributes what then? Where is the fairness in that? There is none.

I'd prefer to join Recon's game, where he actually "knows what he is doing" you stupid amature. Like I said, you have NOT played Neverwinter Nights, thus you will NEVER understand.

now wtf are u talking about, u fucking dumbass! ive been playing for over 5 years now so dont call me an amature, just because i havnt played a computer game i cant understand D&D? and u didnt get crappy rolls, an 18 is a good roll. and i was saying becuz sum of the skills u wanted didnt exist in the my books, u couldnt use them? are u such an idiot u cant understand that??

im out of this club until Seiken stops being a dick head, sry everyone in my game for having 2 end it this soon.

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 20:32:45

Ohhhh, 5 years!! Wow.... Well, good, and stay out.

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 20:33:03

well it appears cheesegods game is over. what is this i hear about u having a game going recon?

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 20:42:13

At 11/19/03 08:26 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote: im out of this club until Seiken stops being a dick head, sry everyone in my game for having 2 end it this soon.

It's easy enough to ignore someone on the BBS CHEESEGOD, just don't let the negative posts get you down. There's a number of people depending on you as DM and it would be a shame if you just split. I'm gonna try and crank out at least one game installment tonight even though I feel like a mindless zombie.

RPG club

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 20:44:10

You were quick to pick sides.

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 20:57:21

At 11/19/03 08:44 PM, TheDarkSamurai wrote: You were quick to pick sides.

I wasn't picking sides Seiken, I was trying to explain to CHEESEGOD that he doesn't have to pay attention to you if he doesn't want to. You seem to be quick in biting people's heads off when voicing some of your opinions. I'd appreciate it if in the future you could try and keep that temper of yours in check. This is just from one former leader to another.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 21:27:36

yur right, im prone 2 mood swings and i guess i overreacted, sry everyone. just give me a few minutes and we can continue with my game

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 21:29:53

At 11/19/03 09:27 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote: yur right, im prone 2 mood swings and i guess i overreacted, sry everyone. just give me a few minutes and we can continue with my game

Glad to hear that, CHEESEGOD. You really had me scared. This club can't afford to lose you.

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 22:10:44

Davis stops. You see what looks like an abandoned well, the masonry is breaking down with age. "This is it, just sign here." he hands you a document, it reads;

I, _________ hereby agree to descend into the caves, two hundred bricks from the town of Arick, to defeat the vulgar goblins.

"You will of course be paid for this, 80 gold each."

Response to RPG club 2003-11-19 22:22:54

At 11/19/03 10:10 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote: I, _________ hereby agree to descend into the caves, two hundred bricks from the town of Arick, to defeat the vulgar goblins.

"You will of course be paid for this, 80 gold each."

I sign the document.