00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ItsJaron just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

what ever happened to punk

3,540 Views | 79 Replies

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 09:44:56

At 4/2/03 02:20 AM, Ovalshine wrote: -
I'm sorry. "WTF" was not my intention. I think my negative emotions are controlling me again.

its bothersome to ramble in a MAL topic

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 09:57:20

At 3/30/03 12:16 AM, zero_chaos wrote: DK are one of my favorite bands.

I can't remember the name of the song, but I THINK it's called "Umber Alles, California". Anyhow, it kicks ass.

california uber allies

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 10:58:06

At 3/31/03 01:12 AM, Disposable_Chameleon wrote: I'm not old enough to have seen the clash and romones in thier hay-day. but, since when does punk have to involve an opinion on the government?

because punk IS aqbout having an oppinion about everything, its more than music

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 11:13:57

Good punk music's been pushed underground... Just watch out for the difference between punk and punk-pop...

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 12:08:05

At 4/2/03 02:20 AM, Ovalshine wrote: Ah. Hatred. Least expected that. I shall create profuse apologies from my sombre encryptions.

Perhaps, I need to go the route of what is routinely referred to as "English".
-
-
I'm sorry. "WTF" was not my intention. I think my negative emotions are controlling me again.

Well yesterday your siggy said that you wanted me to say "wtf" so I did. WTF man?

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 12:30:11

Here's the problem, punk has become a fashionable trend. Corporations know this. WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO BUY 50$ PANTS FROM HOT TOPIC!!!!! And anarchy patches that are being made by the thousands by generic brands to be sold at your local music store

That's not punk.

Then we have all the new crap-ass punk wannabe wave (Avril Lavine, Good Charlette, ect.) God I hate these people.

No shit good punk is underground, "punk" is lost once you go mainstream. Such as greenday and nirvana.

I just try and keep it all a state of mind.

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 13:00:19

Do no despair. there is still punk around. the old REAL punk bands just aren't as prominent anymore because kids don't know what real punk is at all now. The dead kennedies are on tour right now...also, if you want some real punk, i find it best to hang around local band scenes, most are really talented punk bands. I'm going to go beat my little sister for being a raging PUNK RAWK good charlotte fan now...

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 22:49:28

At 4/2/03 12:30 PM, Murph_Dogg wrote: Here's the problem, punk has become a fashionable trend. Corporations know this. WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO BUY 50$ PANTS FROM HOT TOPIC!!!!! And anarchy patches that are being made by the thousands by generic brands to be sold at your local music store

No shit good punk is underground, "punk" is lost once you go mainstream. Such as greenday and nirvana.

nice points, just one minor problem, nirvana was never punk if anything they started that good ole' alternitive scene back in the early 90s, ah how i miss that, anyways, i think nirvana started as grundge, then they hated pearl jam, then cobain commitited suicid (i'm a nerdy little nirvana fan, so i know to much sometimes)

BBS Signature

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 23:12:48

i hate punk man.
wuts the deal with people opposing the government by dying their hair green and slamming on a guitar. i dont really care too much that there is punk but when people wont realize it was just a fad and now we have shitty "new wave" punk but they wont move on, that just pisses me off.

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 23:17:07

At 4/2/03 11:12 PM, poop_face wrote: i hate punk man.

if you hate it, why post in a topic that is a rememberance of what it used to be?? your just asking for an ass whooping by some punk like me...or some other person who seemed to have been a punk during the 80s

BBS Signature

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 23:17:59

At 4/2/03 11:12 PM, poop_face wrote: i hate punk man.

$5 thats what poop_face looks like

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 23:18:31

At 3/30/03 12:14 AM, MALforpresident wrote: hey, i've noticed in the last couple years these damn little sell out emo bands like good charolette and blink have been calling themselves punk...one problem, their whinning like little 12 year old girls having their first period.

they are what MTV considers "punk". just because MTV calls something like that "punk" doesn't mean the good music has actually died. just look harder.

last time i checked, punk songs actually had some type of messege about government, anybody else remember the good ole' days when the ramones and dead kennedys and clash ruled the scene?

there are still a lot of good bands there who have decent statements... but once again, you have to overlook MTV to find them. all the older bands still "rule the scene" where i live.

but anyway... i didn't read this entire topic... because i'm assuming about 2 pages of it is either fighting about what type of music a certain bands plays or speeches about selling out.

i don't have patience for close-minded, ignorant responses right now. :P

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 23:23:39

At 4/2/03 11:17 PM, sirevil1024 wrote:
$5 thats what poop_face looks like

hell yeah arent i sexy!

by the way i didnt mean to insult u guys i just wanted to get my point across. no im not looking for an ass whooping. acually i have a lot of friends that r punks.

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 23:25:33

At 4/2/03 11:18 PM, ageekatheart wrote:
i don't have patience for close-minded, ignorant responses right now. :P

half of it is me and katierings having a battle, but when i started it i was talkin about how MTV veiwers (i dont get mtv anways) are just taking what ever MTV says is "punk" and thinking it really is, i've been aware of the underground stuff, SO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT, a shitload of people keep saying how its still alive int he underground, and its just annoying how these bands are just saying, "hey bigger pay day, lets call ourselves punk for the cash" is annoying

BBS Signature

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 23:33:16

Don't worry the Scandinavian scene will brake soon, and the crap on MTV will die

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 23:42:41

Underground. That's how I felt true punk was and should be. Being in the public eye waters it down. At least, that's how I understand it.

Land of the greed, home of the slave.

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-02 23:55:14

Punk went away like that zoot suit crap!

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-03 00:06:43

Anyone know the band The Haunted? They were on MTV a while ago. See, that channel isn't THAT bad, though I still hate them for cancelling CD.....

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-03 00:27:51

it IS that bad, any band that gets to mtv is bad, even the clash when it sold out...too bad, but it still is errrr...was the best band till last december when joe strummer died -.-

Response to what ever happened to punk 2003-04-03 02:15:54

At 4/2/03 11:42 PM, Ovalshine wrote: Underground. That's how I felt true punk was and should be. Being in the public eye waters it down. At least, that's how I understand it.

Being in the public eye makes it pop. Defeats the purpose entirely.