00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,814,207 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 00:45:21

At 6/13/04 12:43 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 6/13/04 12:42 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: Also, I was wondering, am I officialy in the club now and can I rightfuly call my self D?
yes. Please put that in your sig.

Cool, thanks! =^_^=

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 00:48:37

At 6/13/04 12:44 AM, TwilightKing wrote: Dose anime have to be made by a japanese person?

No not technically. Otherwise it'd never be possible for a american style to be made by a japanese person now would it? ...Silly Bulmung...

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 00:49:28

At 6/13/04 12:48 AM, Aasha wrote: No not technically. Otherwise it'd never be possible for a american style to be made by a japanese person now would it? ...Silly Bulmung...

Hmm…Lets see. Anime = Japanese word for animation, so does that mean anime is Japanese, why yes it would.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 00:52:26

At 6/13/04 12:49 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 6/13/04 12:48 AM, Aasha wrote: No not technically. Otherwise it'd never be possible for a american style to be made by a japanese person now would it? ...Silly Bulmung...
Hmm…Lets see. Anime = Japanese word for animation, so does that mean anime is Japanese, why yes it would.

so your saying.... anything i amke in the future... wont be anime... no matter how hard i try?

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 00:52:40

At 6/12/04 02:16 PM, TwilightKing wrote: Hi everyone.... was sup? welcome to the club all new people... i iwll amek you sigs if you wish, just ask.... ummmm ok.....

Could you make me one with Vampire Hunter D and Inuyasha in it, cause I like the way my sig is now, but it needs to have D incorporated in to it somehow.

Also, Im new with the club thing, so how do I get the name "Anime Club" to be a link in my sig. And any other pointers you guys want to give me is cool. Thanks.

I know I'm begging and whining, but thats what dogs do.(No offence Inuyasha.)

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 00:57:49

ummm not tonight... ill do it monday

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 00:59:53

At 6/13/04 12:42 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 6/13/04 12:41 AM, Kouga-kun wrote: Totally Spies
French.

and may I add Tottally gay. heheh. Friggin' CNW. Why did they insist on promoting that shit!!!!? >< I liked it better when it was on a crap cable channel I never watched. They picked it up crammed it down kids throats and suddenly it's the most over runned show on the channel!

At 6/13/04 12:40 AM, TwilightKing wrote: i dont think its anime......... i just think they had bad animators who couldnt make teh lips match teh words

Heheh. Thanks for clearing that up guys. That was always one that puzzled me especially when you watch the ending credits and all these asian names pop up. I guess if you go overseas to animate a American cartoon and it comes back poor it's still American (or maybe more so because it came back half assed ;) ha ha.)

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 01:08:37

At 6/13/04 12:52 AM, TwilightKing wrote: so your saying.... anything i amke in the future... wont be anime... no matter how hard i try?

If you go to Japan and work there it will be, otherwise it'd just be in the anime style like Teen Titans

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 01:10:07

Still trying to figure out if Code Lyoko is anime. French anime?

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 01:13:25

At 6/13/04 12:52 AM, TwilightKing wrote:
At 6/13/04 12:49 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
so your saying.... anything i amke in the future... wont be anime... no matter how hard i try?

;/ Mmm. Anime style yeah... and yeah I guess if it's based on a anime... it is. But this is Japanese culture it sounds ethnocentric but it's true.

... If a American moved to Japan studied the Japanese style published his own manga and thusly had the concept turned to an anime would that be anime? O-o I don't know so I'm glad that would probably never happen. We're to busy trying to do our own thing or make things 'better' for that to happen. That has - and + aspects but it's still not anime. Anime Style yes. Remember where they got there inspriation from. Disney. And I'll be dead in my cold cold grave before I say The Emperor's New groove is a anime.

>:( However the Lion King and Atlantis can seriously be debated.

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 01:19:28

At 6/13/04 01:10 AM, Kouga-kun wrote: Still trying to figure out if Code Lyoko is anime. French anime?

Probably is, damn dirty French....(curses & words)

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 01:27:10

I guess.... I HAVE TO moov to japan!! Yaaaaa .. but... i dont think i could make it...... maby i should just give up now....

on a slightly lighter note. My friend AMeya is mooving to japan.... I told her to get me a charm from a shrine.... i figure... that wouldnt coast too much... i wa sgann ask her to get me a manga called X bounty but i dont wkno teh price of that..... I think i met its creator on Ragnarok.... At least he said he was...

My dreams are broken ...

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 01:39:06

At 6/13/04 01:27 AM, TwilightKing wrote:
My dreams are broken ...

Mine are too, don't worry, your dreams will come true someday.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 01:39:55

At 6/13/04 01:39 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
My dreams are broken ...

you my friend dont understand the word broken...

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 01:43:29

At 6/12/04 11:58 PM, Kouga-kun wrote: case closed is detective conan

kouga, it says, on the satalite tv guide, that its called case closed, so its a simple and any ones mistake who got satalite.

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 01:46:45

At 6/13/04 01:43 AM, Black_Shade wrote:
At 6/12/04 11:58 PM, Kouga-kun wrote: case closed is detective conan
kouga, it says, on the satalite tv guide, that its called case closed, so its a simple and any ones mistake who got satalite.

That's the title Funimation gave it... What a way to rape a show's integrity.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:00:18

I don't want to be the acting leader in this club anymore. Tink, start posting again, I don't like being leader. I'm not sure I wanna do this anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:00:48

At 6/13/04 01:46 AM, Kouga-kun wrote: rape

lol cartoonnetwork is funny then, rapin a show and its integrity, cant wait till there sued flat on there asses!

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:02:26

At 6/13/04 02:00 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: I don't want to be the acting leader in this club anymore. Tink, start posting again, I don't like being leader. I'm not sure I wanna do this anymore.

You're doing fine though Wonko! I'm sure Tink just needed a break. I feel for her. She's a hard worker for the club. ya know?

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:02:45

At 6/13/04 02:00 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: I don't want to be the acting leader in this club anymore. Tink, start posting again, I don't like being leader. I'm not sure I wanna do this anymore.

ok i'll be leader now! i'll be the best tyrant you always wanted to be!

ALRIGHT U LITTLE FUCKS! PERFECT GRAM FROM ALL OF U!

im the only acception ha ha.

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:04:33

Why? Don't say that, it makes me sad.....

Anime Club

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:05:05

At 6/13/04 02:02 AM, Aasha wrote: You're doing fine though Wonko! I'm sure Tink just needed a break. I feel for her. She's a hard worker for the club. ya know?

And what the hell am I? I'm not saying I want to leave the club, I just don't want to have to act as the leader all the time. I don't like doing it, and it's too stressful sometimes.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:06:51

At 6/13/04 02:02 AM, Black_Shade wrote:
ok i'll be leader now! i'll be the best tyrant you always wanted to be!

ALRIGHT U LITTLE FUCKS! PERFECT GRAM FROM ALL OF U!

im the only acception ha ha.

Semper Tyranis... Always the tyrant.

Have you no fucking soul?

Then shush.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:14:45

At 6/13/04 02:06 AM, Kouga-kun wrote: Semper Tyranis... Always the tyrant.

Then shush.

yes i got a soul, and alot of it is HUMOR!

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:23:00

At 6/13/04 02:14 AM, Black_Shade wrote:
At 6/13/04 02:06 AM, Kouga-kun wrote: Semper Tyranis... Always the tyrant.

Then shush.
yes i got a soul, and alot of it is HUMOR!

It's 2:20 am do you know where your flames are? :P

Goodnight people. Tommorows a new day... I mean today's a new.. *whatever* Good night!

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:32:12

Pleople in power in this club: Tink, me, PBX, trivia, ranma, kooler, rebel, alucard, and kouga.

Thats 9 people. And out of those nine only Kouga and I post regularly. I'm not happy about that. And I'm not meant to be leader of this club, I don't want to have to act as it all the time. It's not a position I'm suited for, and anyone who remembers or knows what happened to the old forums can agree with that.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:36:43

At 6/13/04 02:32 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Thats 9 people. And out of those nine only Kouga and I post regularly. I'm not happy about that. And I'm not meant to be leader of this club, I don't want to have to act as it all the time. It's not a position I'm suited for, and anyone who remembers or knows what happened to the old forums can agree with that.

just give me the word wonko, and ill change my sig to "tyrant of the anime club"

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:38:20

At 6/13/04 01:39 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
My dreams are broken ...

I'm still waiting on that car and million dollars I dreamed of when that shooting star came by.

Why do mangas have to be so expensive? It's only 100 pages or so. I wanted to start reading that Priest series, but I didn't want to buy all of those books.

Man, I've always wanted to go to Japan. It seems so cool. With all of the technology, anime, and their culture. Heh, and I can get all of the games in advance.

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:39:45

At 6/13/04 02:38 AM, KineticMonkey wrote: Man, I've always wanted to go to Japan. It seems so cool. With all of the technology, anime, and their culture. Heh, and I can get all of the games in advance.

And a cup of coffee would cost you $10

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-06-13 02:42:11

At 6/13/04 02:38 AM, KineticMonkey wrote:
Why do mangas have to be so expensive? It's only 100 pages or so. I wanted to start reading that Priest series, but I didn't want to buy all of those books.

They are ussaly only $9.99, go to borders or Barnes and noble, if you have them in the area, or use their site store.

Man, I've always wanted to go to Japan. It seems so cool. With all of the technology, anime, and their culture. Heh, and I can get all of the games in advance.

:D You'd have to learn the language or get a translator.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature