NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-09 15:24:57 Reply

At 1/9/17 03:20 PM, darksense wrote:
Well I am currently looking for some good anime that could hook me up, I tried Fairy tail, but quit after 5 episodes, I have also been watching Watamote, the anime you mentioned in your earlier post, I was also thinking about I watching Fullmetal alchemist, because I noticed that it's pretty popular. Id also like to see some good horror anime, do you happen to know any? I have only seen corpse party.

I've heard Parasyte and Blood+ are good (although Blood+ is also partly drama, I only ever saw the first episode)

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-09 15:53:49 Reply

At 1/9/17 03:20 PM, darksense wrote: Id also like to see some good horror anime

series:

Boogipop Phantom
Paranoia Agent
Hundred Stories (A.K.A Requiem from the Darkness)

movies:

Vampire Hunter D (one of my favorite movies)
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma

And if you're thinking of watching FMA, go for it, but watch FMA Brotherhood.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-09 20:03:33 Reply

Any of you guys watch the Monogatari series? I just started watching Bakemonogatari several days ago.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-10 00:44:53 Reply

At 1/9/17 08:03 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Any of you guys watch the Monogatari series? I just started watching Bakemonogatari several days ago.

I have not seen it. If anybody has seen it, can you tell me a little without spoiling it?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-13 08:01:15 (edited 2017-01-13 08:04:50) Reply

At 1/9/17 03:20 PM, darksense wrote: I was also thinking about I watching Fullmetal alchemist, because I noticed that it's pretty popular. Id also like to see some good horror anime

Even before the other recommendations mentioned I would go for Another, packed with disturbing imagery and final destination style deaths in every episode. It's over the top at times but a very sincere attempt at horror.

A less direct recommendation but Perfect Blue is a masterfully made film, very dark and violent, and focusing on losing one's grip on reality. It's by the same mastermind as Paranoia Agent (which sense-offender mentioned), the late Satoshi Kon.

And I can never pass up a chance to recommend my favourite anime by far, Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's a mecha anime on the surface but gets significantly darker as it goes on with several bouts of pure psychological horror throughout. I think it's one of the most truly dark and disturbing works of fiction but it's more subtle about it than most, especially by anime standards.

At 1/9/17 11:31 AM, NekoMika wrote: Watamote

Love this one, maybe my favourite comedy anime from what I've seen. There's lots of cringe humour that usually only shows up in british shows like the Inbetweeners and Peep Show. Still disappointed we'll most likely never got a watamote season 2 despite a fairly vocal fan base.

At 1/9/17 08:12 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: Once again, thanks for spoiling the show, now i have no reason to watch it.

Well, I'd still recommend it. It's a bit melodramatic and a bit of a slow burn, with whole episodes dedicated to single music performances done with an intensity as if they're the most epic DBZ battles, but it's a worthwhile payoff. Coincidentally I had the series spoiled while I was watching it which I could have done without, but the later episodes were still just as effective I think. It's one of the very few recent series I went and bought a figure from.

Many episodes also run directly into eachother which gives it a nice flow and doesn't feel like it wastes any time. Helps make it feel shorter than it is I think. It's one of the highest rated recent shows on MAL if that's anything to go by.

At 1/9/17 08:03 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Any of you guys watch the Monogatari series? I just started watching Bakemonogatari several days ago.

None yet but it's up there pretty high on the ever nebulous watchlist. Bakemonogatari might be one of the next series I tackle when I get back into the swing of it.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-13 14:46:47 Reply

At 1/13/17 08:01 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 1/9/17 03:20 PM, darksense wrote: I was also thinking about I watching Fullmetal alchemist, because I noticed that it's pretty popular. Id also like to see some good horror anime
Even before the other recommendations mentioned I would go for Another, packed with disturbing imagery and final destination style deaths in every episode. It's over the top at times but a very sincere attempt at horror.

That's been on my to watch list for a long time. I didn't know it involved horror. Guess I'll get to that one sooner than others on the list.

A less direct recommendation but Perfect Blue is a masterfully made film, very dark and violent, and focusing on losing one's grip on reality. It's by the same mastermind as Paranoia Agent (which sense-offender mentioned), the late Satoshi Kon.

Absolutely. That movie is great.

I feel like nobody else knows Hundred Stories or Boogiepop Phantom. The latter is almost like David Lynch or Cronenberg or something. The soundtrack is also one of my favorite albums. Only gotten one person to watch it (@Nebula).

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-14 16:15:19 (edited 2017-01-14 16:16:29) Reply

Winter's off to a great start.

I'm watching Hand Shakers, Little Witch Academia, Akiba's Trip, Youjo Senki (Tanya the Evil), Konosuba S2, and Kobayashi-san.

Btw, I anti-rec Another. It so bad that it's good, but still thoroughly bad.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-14 17:52:04 (edited 2017-01-14 17:53:02) Reply

At 1/14/17 04:15 PM, LLStarks wrote: Winter's off to a great start.

I'm watching Hand Shakers, Little Witch Academia, Akiba's Trip, Youjo Senki (Tanya the Evil), Konosuba S2, and Kobayashi-san.

I'm watching Masamune-kun no Revenge, Seiren, Fuuka, Akiba's Trip, Little Witch Academia, Kuzu no Honkai, Chaos;Child, and Rewrite 2nd season. I dropped Hand Shakers after the first episode. It was the first time that an anime gave me such a bad impression that I dropped it on the first episode.

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-14 17:57:05 (edited 2017-01-14 18:02:51) Reply

At 1/10/17 12:44 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
I have not seen it. If anybody has seen it, can you tell me a little without spoiling it?

The best way that I can describe it is that it's about a guy who meets a bunch of girls who have been cursed by supernatural beings, and he helps them overcome it. It focuses largely on the MC's interactions with the girls and how their characters develop as the story progresses. If you don't enjoy listening to characters talk, then this is not the anime for you, because a large part of this anime is just dialogues between the MC and one or two of the girls. Also, they talk fast, and it can be hard to follow, depending on how fast you read. The story itself is also confusing.

I should probably tell you that I'm currently only on Nisemonogatari, the second part of the first season, right after Bakemonogatari. Monogatari is a long series and I've only watched a little bit of it.

BBS Signature
LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-15 11:08:22 Reply

At 1/14/17 05:52 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 1/14/17 04:15 PM, LLStarks wrote: Winter's off to a great start.

I'm watching Masamune-kun no Revenge, Seiren, Fuuka, Akiba's Trip, Little Witch Academia, Kuzu no Honkai, Chaos;Child, and Rewrite 2nd season. I dropped Hand Shakers after the first episode. It was the first time that an anime gave me such a bad impression that I dropped it on the first episode.

Hand Shakers weirded me out. But I like it. Getting huge trainwreck/Valvrave vibes.

Btw, you need to watch the anime with a 60fps setup. The chains looked incredible.

How is Seiren? Masamune-kun sounds like a revenge plan that will go terribly wrong at the wrong moment.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-15 17:31:41 (edited 2017-01-15 17:34:41) Reply

At 1/15/17 11:08 AM, LLStarks wrote:
Hand Shakers weirded me out. But I like it. Getting huge trainwreck/Valvrave vibes.

Btw, you need to watch the anime with a 60fps setup. The chains looked incredible.

How is Seiren? Masamune-kun sounds like a revenge plan that will go terribly wrong at the wrong moment.

I don't know how I was able to watch the first episode of Hand Shakers without getting a headache. The weird camera angles, excessive bright colors, and out-of-place CGI should've been enough to make anyone nauseous.

As for Seiren, I've only seen the first episode. I haven't seen enough to say much about it, but I heard the anime takes place in the same universe, but different time period, as Amagami SS, which I haven't seen it.

And as for Masamune-kun no Revenge, I can definitely see his revenge plan going horribly wrong. I heard there's supposed to be a huge plot twist coming up.

BBS Signature
LolMyDog123
LolMyDog123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-16 10:51:11 Reply

I wanna join! can i?
15 years later...

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-16 11:36:34 Reply

At 1/16/17 10:51 AM, LolMyDog123 wrote: I wanna join! can i?
15 years later...

More than welcome to

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Neoslayre
Neoslayre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-16 11:45:14 Reply

Does anyone here watch space dandy?

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-16 18:08:56 Reply

At 1/16/17 10:51 AM, LolMyDog123 wrote: I wanna join! can i?
15 years later...

We're always happy to welcome a member of the anime community.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-16 21:17:40 Reply

Honestly, I watched the whole season of Bakemonogatrai, and I was greatly disappointed. While I say that the art was actually good, the animation was fucking ghetto, no idea on whether they wanted to be a harem, psychological or ecchi series and consequently creates unnecessary tone shifts and overall it thinks that it's smarter than it really is. The saddest thing is I wanted to enjoy it and be successful, but they shoot themselves in the foot so many times, I can't give it a recommendation no matter what the fanbase says.

I keep hearing comparisons of Bake to harem shows like Infinite Stratos and DxD, which I honestly disagree for one reason, for all their flaws, at least IS and DxD was (mostly) honest on what they wanted to be and in the latter case, embraced the harem concept while providing a decent story. IDK, but if I want to watch a harem/ecchi series, the least it can do is to be honest and committed to the concept instead of picking and choosing genres whenever they feel like it.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Vitor-M
Vitor-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-18 19:28:33 Reply

At 1/16/17 11:45 AM, Neoslayre wrote: Does anyone here watch space dandy?

Space dandy was the shit, dude. I was honestly so sad when it ended.
I remember watching it every week on Adult Swim.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-20 01:28:12 Reply

At 1/16/17 11:45 AM, Neoslayre wrote: Does anyone here watch space dandy?

Yes, it had a great run of Toonami. Silly and fun to watch.

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-21 13:42:47 Reply

At 1/21/17 01:02 PM, Duckkid wrote: Naurto is awesome. Make another anime.

What? Who is this directed towards?

darksense
darksense
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-21 15:11:49 (edited 2017-01-21 15:12:10) Reply

I've recently seen Mirai Nikki aka future diary, has anyone else seen it?
What are your thoughts on it? I thought it got really wtf at the end.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-21 18:24:53 Reply

A new Toonami tonight. Getting used to two different Dragon Ball Z cartoons on the line up.

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-21 18:27:33 Reply

At 1/21/17 06:24 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Getting used to two different Dragon Ball Z cartoons on the line up.

what do you mean?

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-21 18:45:13 Reply

At 1/21/17 06:27 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 1/21/17 06:24 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Getting used to two different Dragon Ball Z cartoons on the line up.
what do you mean?

Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Z Kai

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-22 17:45:56 Reply

At 1/21/17 06:45 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/21/17 06:27 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
what do you mean?
Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Z Kai

Oh thank god. I thought you meant gt

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-22 17:47:15 Reply

What's your favorite manga? Mine is Psyren!

Also I just finished watching Rosario Vampire and the first episode of Brunehilde Gakuen Shoujo Kishidan to Junpaku no Panty

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-22 17:51:46 Reply

At 1/22/17 05:45 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 1/21/17 06:45 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Z Kai

Nope, not gt.

Toonami has them back to back which works out great.

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-22 18:32:14 Reply

At 1/22/17 05:51 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/22/17 05:45 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 1/21/17 06:45 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Z Kai
Nope, not gt.

Toonami has them back to back which works out great.

I thought dbz kai was over. That was the episode it ended on when it was on Nicktoons

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-23 22:09:47 Reply

I just finished Inoko to likoto
I loved it

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-23 22:49:18 (edited 2017-01-23 22:49:43) Reply

Does anybody know an anime about acquiring wealth, something like DuckTales but with violence?

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-23 22:52:42 Reply

At 1/23/17 10:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Does anybody know an anime about acquiring wealth, something like DuckTales but with violence?

That sounds really specific lol
Do you know what you're looking for or is that something that just came to your head?