Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,965,139 Views
  • 60,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
nick251
nick251
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-26 01:12:20 Reply

I've been kinda wondering on what action/adventure anime's that would be good as well as good streaming websites, it doesn't matter in length of the anime I'm just really bored, anyone got any suggestions?

Igyzone
Igyzone
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-26 07:05:37 Reply

Hey there guys and gals!

I'm not nearly an otaku (as I wish to be), but I need your help finding the name of an anime.
Here are the details


BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-26 20:42:37 (edited 2015-07-26 20:48:14) Reply

At 7/25/15 09:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Toonami tonight better be good. I need some good anime tonight.

I haven't watched Toonami in ages. How is it? Do they still show some good anime like they used to?


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-27 23:19:52 Reply

I have been wondering for a while now ever since reading Himouto manga, does Taihei have an Oedipus Complex? I mean couple chapters have shown some glimpses of Taihei and Umaru's mom and she looked just like that spoiled size shifting hamster girl but fully grown.

Do you think Umaru was spoiled because she happens to look just like their mother?


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-27 23:47:54 Reply

At 7/26/15 08:42 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I haven't watched Toonami in ages. How is it? Do they still show some good anime like they used to?

I just watched Toonami last Saturday night, and I thought it was alright. Don't really care for DBZ Kai, Kill la Kill was fun, though definitely doesn't live up to the ungodly amount of hype it got. {anyone who really thought that KLK was "saving" anime needs is a moron} Michiko and Hatchin is something I've never heard of before, so it might be worth a look and SAO II is just as polarizing as the first one, and I'll leave it at that. What I heard is that Akame ga kill is going to replace KLK on August 8th, so yeah.

Segueing from gateway anime here to something that isn't, I haven't heard of Legend of the Galactic Heroes before, but it got near universal positive reviews from what I read, has anyone here heard of it before, much less seen it? It's a 110 episode OVA that recently got licensed to the West by Sentai Filmworks in case anyone wanted to know.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Cubone
Cubone
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-28 00:45:12 Reply

At 7/27/15 11:19 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I have been wondering for a while now ever since reading Himouto manga, does Taihei have an Oedipus Complex? I mean couple chapters have shown some glimpses of Taihei and Umaru's mom and she looked just like that spoiled size shifting hamster girl but fully grown.

Do you think Umaru was spoiled because she happens to look just like their mother?

no idea as i haven't even touched the manga but you're making me interested for whats to come

At 7/27/15 11:47 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Segueing from gateway anime here to something that isn't, I haven't heard of Legend of the Galactic Heroes before, but it got near universal positive reviews from what I read, has anyone here heard of it before, much less seen it? It's a 110 episode OVA that recently got licensed to the West by Sentai Filmworks in case anyone wanted to know.

i've heard of legend of the galactic heroes and the praises people have sung for it, as a matter of fact i actually have 44gb of episodes just sitting on my external hard drive but tackling a 110 episode series is a daunting task. let us know your initial reactions if you start watching

also if anyone is itching to start a manga give uwagaki a shot, it's short, sweet and it'll make your heart go doki doki suru

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-30 18:13:39 Reply

At 7/26/15 08:42 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 7/25/15 09:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Toonami tonight better be good. I need some good anime tonight.
I haven't watched Toonami in ages. How is it? Do they still show some good anime like they used to?

They have good times and bad times. They finally ended Bleach, and now show Sword Art Online 2.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-31 01:10:06 Reply

At 7/27/15 11:47 PM, orangebomb wrote: has anyone here heard of it before, much less seen it? It's a 110 episode OVA that recently got licensed to the West by Sentai Filmworks in case anyone wanted to know.

It's good, it's slow at times but for a 110 episode anime it's pacing is fine.

Probably one of the best produced shows of all time if not the best and it's easily worth the watching all of it.

Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-01 15:39:25 Reply

I started watching Sword Art Online.

7 episodes in and don't think too much of it, really. Super episodic, protagonist is a total personality vacuum and the supporting cast aren't much better, and the animation isn't much to write home about (although some of background art is very pretty).


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-01 20:21:08 Reply

At 8/1/15 03:39 PM, TheMaster wrote: I started watching Sword Art Online.

7 episodes in and don't think too much of it, really. Super episodic, protagonist is a total personality vacuum and the supporting cast aren't much better, and the animation isn't much to write home about (although some of background art is very pretty).

SAO is so overrated. I started watching SAO over a year ago, but I stopped at around episode 15 and never continued. I really don't see what all the hype is about. I'd say the anime is mediocre at best.


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Ikaros223
Ikaros223
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-01 23:09:45 Reply


SAO is so overrated. I started watching SAO over a year ago, but I stopped at around episode 15 and never continued. I really don't see what all the hype is about. I'd say the anime is mediocre at best.

Someone who agrees with me finally

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-02 00:55:07 Reply

Last episode of Kill La Kill tonight. Another Anime last ends with a whimper.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-02 14:07:59 Reply

At 8/2/15 12:55 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Last episode of Kill La Kill tonight. Another Anime last ends with a whimper.

Why not just watch the whole series online for free, like I always do?


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-02 18:00:33 Reply

So I finished the new episode of "Rokka braves of the six flowers" and we need to spoiler talk. The entire episode was so tense you can cut it with a KNIFE.


I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-02 20:05:11 Reply

At 8/2/15 02:07 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Why not just watch the whole series online for free, like I always do?

How do you do that? Explain and provide links.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-02 22:09:55 (edited 2015-08-02 22:17:59) Reply

At 8/2/15 08:05 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 8/2/15 02:07 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Why not just watch the whole series online for free, like I always do?
How do you do that? Explain and provide links.

There are many sites that offer free anime, but my favorites are Gogoanime and Anilinkz. Just go to these sites, use the search bar, search the name of any anime that you want, and it'll give you a full list of all the episodes of the series, including the OVAs. Click on any of the episodes to watch them. They're all free!

Gogoanime
Anilinkz


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 01:01:55 (edited 2015-08-03 01:12:34) Reply

Any good series this season that I might be missing out on?

I'm watching Wakako, Gatchaman, Ranpo Kitan, Charlotte, and Classroom Crisis.

At 8/2/15 10:09 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Gogoanime
Anilinkz

Why are you recommending garbage sites when the best legal site has the entire series for free in great quality?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/kill-la-kill

End of story.

I don't like coming out of hiding to scold people, but holy shit.


Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature
sjsyami
sjsyami
  • Member since: Jan. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 05:31:44 Reply

Started watching Gangsta and continuing with Dragon Ball super; so far each are good, respectively.


That guy

Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 08:37:14 Reply

Gangsta is cool. Anyone else watch Prison School? Holy shit that show is nuts.

Also watching Working and Shokugeki no Soma which has been my favourite this year.


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 13:34:06 Reply

At 8/3/15 05:31 AM, sjsyami wrote: Started watching Gangsta and continuing with Dragon Ball super; so far each are good, respectively.

Should I undrop?

I thought I liked the first 2 episodes, but the hooker was dragging the whole thing down.


Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature
DJ-DasCool
DJ-DasCool
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 18:25:52 Reply

I saw a commercial last night on adult swim showing that they'll be having a dubbed version of Akame Ga Kill. I do normally go for dubbed but after already seeing the japanese version I think Tatsumi's voice sounds a lot deeper in this one. What do you think?


BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 18:30:46 (edited 2015-08-03 18:34:32) Reply

At 8/3/15 01:01 AM, LLStarks wrote:
At 8/2/15 10:09 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Gogoanime
Anilinkz
Why are you recommending garbage sites when the best legal site has the entire series for free in great quality?

The quality of these sites is just fine. Good enough to be watchable.

And these sites have entire anime series for free as well.


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 18:53:27 Reply

At 8/3/15 06:30 PM, Vinnyy wrote: The quality of these sites is just fine. Good enough to be watchable.

And these sites have entire anime series for free as well.

Well, I don't care for your justification.

If people are going to pirate anime, which I am guilty of myself, I'm not going to sit back while shitty streaming sites are peddled in this club.

There is not a single illegal streaming site worth anyone's time or adblocking.

Start using Crunchyroll, Netflix, Funimation, Daisuki, etc...

Or learn to torrent anime like everyone else.

Just stop defending shit. I won't stand for it.


Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 19:18:03 Reply

At 8/3/15 06:30 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 8/3/15 01:01 AM, LLStarks wrote:
At 8/2/15 10:09 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
Streaming
Watchable

Pick 1 m8 ishygddt

Anime Club


BBS Signature
LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 19:55:37 Reply

Has anyone else been watching their anime 60 at FPS?

I've been using SVP for a few weeks and I think 24 FPS anime has been ruined for me forever. SVP does realtime conversion to 60 FPS and makes panning scenes and action scenes buttery smooth.

Yes, 2/3rds of frames are magically generated, but the results are amazing.

https://youtu.be/kHPVDXwMxiA (set to 720p or above to see the differences)


Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature
Cubone
Cubone
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 20:02:44 Reply

look, if you guys aren't watching your anime on vhs tapes through your grandparents barely operating 4:3 panasonic you're doing the medium a disgrace, upon realizing this fact all effort should be immediately made towards correcting that mistake so you can watch anime how it's truly meant to be viewed.

jokes aside, unless you're watching on a small ass crt monitor it would be beneficial to get over the hurdle of learning how to torrent. i know streams are as easy as one two three but the pros of watching shows through torrents outweigh the single con of inconvenience.

At 8/3/15 01:01 AM, LLStarks wrote: Any good series this season that I might be missing out on?

i'm enjoying prison school a shit ton, unless you're opposed to watching ecchi i'd urge you to give it a shot, its value as a comedy show greatly overshadows meiko's tits

At 8/3/15 08:37 AM, Quinny wrote: Anyone else watch Prison School? Holy shit that show is nuts.

it's only going to ramp up from here, enjoy the ride

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-04 20:00:38 Reply

At 8/3/15 06:25 PM, DJ-DasCool wrote: I saw a commercial last night on adult swim showing that they'll be having a dubbed version of Akame Ga Kill. I do normally go for dubbed but after already seeing the japanese version I think Tatsumi's voice sounds a lot deeper in this one. What do you think?

I will be watching it when it premiers on Toonami. I will let you know what I think.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-04 23:55:41 Reply

Aight so Prison School is aots, but what is the runner up
Probably Gangsta ね?


BBS Signature
Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-05 15:56:02 Reply

So I stuck with Sword Art Online through to the end.

I definitely gets better after the glacially paced first few episodes, and I'd say some of the stuff in the middle is genuinely entertaining, but then when it switches over to the new game world it drops off a cliff again and all just feels like filler until the last couple of episodes.

It all gets a bit too weird with the incest shit, two teenagers having a virtual daughter who can't be more like 7 or 8 years younger than them, and implied tentacle rape and whatnot. Turning Asuna into a full on damsel in distress for the second half of the show didn't sit at all right with me either.

So yeah, pretty middling on the whole. Not terrible, but a tough one to recommend.

Did quite enjoy the final battle being a knife fight in a car park, though.

Will make a start on either Durarara!! or Space Dandy this weekend. Hopefully they're a bit better.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-08-05 21:27:31 Reply

At 8/5/15 03:56 PM, TheMaster wrote: So I stuck with Sword Art Online through to the end.

I definitely gets better after the glacially paced first few episodes, and I'd say some of the stuff in the middle is genuinely entertaining, but then when it switches over to the new game world it drops off a cliff again and all just feels like filler until the last couple of episodes.

Overall, I enjoyed Sword Art Online 1. I am currently watched SAO 2. I will let you know if it is better than the original.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature