New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 8th, 2012 @ 08:13 PM Reply

Well, all sorts of old names are popping up. Hey, Wonko.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 09:57 PM Reply

I'd post here more often if people were interested in talking about new anime this Fall.

Anybody planning to watch Psycho-Pass or K?

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature
MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 10/8/12 08:02 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: It's not that I lost interest in anime, but that I lost interest in this club, as others have stated, if you hang around in this thread for too long it gets stagnant. Well actually, I have kinda lost interest in anime because nothing recent seems interesting to me. Most of the newer stuff I hear about seems aimed at younger girls.

I know what you mean, Wonko. I've been lurking here for months, if not years, because I haven't seen anything worth talking about.

I am thankful that Toonami is back on the air; it's the only source I have for anime on TV. I've been using Netflix with mixed results; not everything is streaming, and sometimes discs go unavailable.

Has anyone here seen Casshern Sins? Apparently, it's the gritty reboot of a series that aired in the '70s and inspired Megaman X. The only back-story I could find on Netflix is the live-action film, which left me with more questions than answers. The only thing that has f***ed my mind harder recently is Deadman Wonderland, but that series was only 12 episodes long.

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

I joined the anime society at my uni and we started Another and Angel Beats the other day. Another didn't seem that great but I already know and love Angel Beats so I guess it's okay.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 07:05 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 01:42 PM, MrTrivia wrote: I am thankful that Toonami is back on the air; it's the only source I have for anime on TV. I've been using Netflix with mixed results; not everything is streaming, and sometimes discs go unavailable.

Hulu has a decent selection, and it's free.

Has anyone here seen Casshern Sins? Apparently, it's the gritty reboot of a series that aired in the '70s and inspired Megaman X.

I've seen two or three episodes. The action seems cool, at least.

The only back-story I could find on Netflix is the live-action film, which left me with more questions than answers.

Yeah, I didn't care for that movie.

The only thing that has f***ed my mind harder recently is Deadman Wonderland, but that series was only 12 episodes long.

I can't stand the main character.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 01:42 PM, MrTrivia wrote:
At 10/8/12 08:02 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
I know what you mean, Wonko. I've been lurking here for months, if not years, because I haven't seen anything worth talking about.

Same here, to be honest, there hasn't been anything the last couple of years that made me stop and say "I got to watch this now." Not to say that there wasn't any good ones to mention, but I just wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless they were a diehard fan of moe. Probably why I went back to watching more old-school anime recently.

I am thankful that Toonami is back on the air; it's the only source I have for anime on TV.

Kind of a shame really. Don't get me wrong, I like Toonami as much as the next anime fan and all, but the only source for anime on TV is kind of sad once you think about it. I would've thought that we would have a dedicated anime channel on TV by now, considering that there are numerous movies, sports and even cooking channels on cable/satellite TV, couldn't there be room for a 24 hour anime channel?

Has anyone here seen Casshern Sins? Apparently, it's the gritty reboot of a series that aired in the '70s and inspired Megaman X.

Haven't seen the original version, so I wouldn't know too much about it. As for the reboot, well I really didn't care for it that much.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:24 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 10:45 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 10/10/12 01:42 PM, MrTrivia wrote:
At 10/8/12 08:02 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
Same here, to be honest, there hasn't been anything the last couple of years that made me stop and say "I got to watch this now." Not to say that there wasn't any good ones to mention, but I just wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless they were a diehard fan of moe. Probably why I went back to watching more old-school anime recently.

I'm watching Space Bros at the moment, although I'm pretty far behind the current airing ep, it's been going for half a year now and is pretty sweet. About a guy training to become an astronaut. Is cool.

LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 03:18 PM, JaY11 wrote: I joined the anime society at my uni and we started Another and Angel Beats the other day. Another didn't seem that great but I already know and love Angel Beats so I guess it's okay.

I see your club likes mediocre anime.

Two of the most unintentionally hilarious shows I've seen in years.

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 03:54 PM, LLStarks wrote:
I see your club likes mediocre anime.

Two of the most unintentionally hilarious shows I've seen in years.

pretty much what I was expecting

but you didn't like Angel Beats?

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Anime Club Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM Reply

I love anime even though I haven't watched much. (Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-gi-OH, Dragonball Z) but I'm still very interested in it. I think it's an awesome style of cartooning.

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 12th, 2012 @ 01:15 AM Reply

I really need to start being more active here.

Just started watching the dubbed version of Panty and Stocking and I feel they did justice. Definetly one of the best dubs I've heard maybe since like Shin Chan or Golden Boy.

Aside from that that's about it. Frankly, I'm getting sick of the crap on Netflix. I need to get into the japanese versions of those animes like Ouran and Hetalia (Okay maybe not that) but uh yup

How's shit otherwise?

I have a penis

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 12th, 2012 @ 03:11 AM Reply

At 10/12/12 01:15 AM, Wegra wrote: Definetly one of the best dubs I've heard maybe since like Shin Chan or Golden Boy.

high five.

Shin Chan had a freakin' awesome dub. comedic rewrites. yeah.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 11:52 AM Reply

Just watched the first episode of the new Jojo's bizarre adventure series. My only complaint is that the pacing felt kind of off, but maybe it will even out once the show goes on. Also it was interesting how the ending song was by Yes, didn't expect an anime to have music from and old progressive rock band.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 10/13/12 11:52 AM, DeIirium wrote: Also it was interesting how the ending song was by Yes

really? awesome.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 03:36 PM Reply

I've been struggling to get back into Legends of the Galatic Heroes. I'm about 50 episodes in and I was really enjoying it I just ended up falling off the wagon and can't seem to get back on. Now I am just watching episodes of Yugioh all the time instead.

towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 10:19 AM Reply

Anyone know any good streaming sites? My laptop needs a new charger so I've got to use my tablet for now.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 10:18 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 10:19 AM, towelie101 wrote: Anyone know any good streaming sites? My laptop needs a new charger so I've got to use my tablet for now.

animefuel is good. Also, Hulu has a lot of anime you can watch for free. It's actually a pretty good selection, and the quality is top notch, which isn't something I can honestly say about any streaming site I've been to.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 12:27 AM Reply

At 10/16/12 10:18 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: animefuel is good. Also, Hulu has a lot of anime you can watch for free. It's actually a pretty good selection, and the quality is top notch, which isn't something I can honestly say about any streaming site I've been to.

Animefuel looks good and has a large collection. I'm aware of Hulu, but I don't like how it's trying to force me to purchase a plus account; seriously, it tells me to upgrade every page I go to.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 12:00 PM Reply

I go to animeultima for streams.

LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 10/13/12 11:52 AM, DeIirium wrote: Just watched the first episode of the new Jojo's bizarre adventure series. My only complaint is that the pacing felt kind of off, but maybe it will even out once the show goes on. Also it was interesting how the ending song was by Yes, didn't expect an anime to have music from and old progressive rock band.

I liked the episode, but I really don't have the patience for a series as long as Jojo.

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 07:54 PM Reply

So I'm considering starting to watch anime, and I'd love if you guys could recommend me some to get started. The age of the anime doesn't matter, by the way. So....please?

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 10/18/12 07:54 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: So I'm considering starting to watch anime, and I'd love if you guys could recommend me some to get started. The age of the anime doesn't matter, by the way. So....please?

What do you want to want? Genre? Fantasy, comedy, romance, action, thriller, etc?

Regardless of what you say I'm still going to tell you to watch cowboy bebop though.

RandomRoarness
RandomRoarness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 01:13 AM Reply

At 10/18/12 08:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
What do you want to want? Genre? Fantasy, comedy, romance, action, thriller, etc?

Regardless of what you say I'm still going to tell you to watch cowboy bebop though.

What Banana just said ^^ highly recommend.

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature
RandomRoarness
RandomRoarness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 01:30 AM Reply

At 10/19/12 01:13 AM, RandomRoarness wrote:
What Banana just said ^^ highly recommend.

Also there is Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiment Lain, Steins; Gate, Golden Boy, FLCL, and many more.

Btw, to everyone else. Who can possibly tell me the name of an certain anime that within the first episode This guy's arm and I think as well leg are ripped from him and it are replaced about an episode later on with artifical limbs which the series so happens to be named from

happy, sad....!?

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 08:07 AM Reply

At 10/19/12 01:30 AM, RandomRoarness wrote: Btw, to everyone else. Who can possibly tell me the name of an certain anime that within the first episode This guy's arm and I think as well leg are ripped from him and it are replaced about an episode later on with artifical limbs which the series so happens to be named from

Either Project Arms or Gaogaigar.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 12:09 PM Reply

At 10/18/12 08:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: What do you want to want? Genre? Fantasy, comedy, romance, action, thriller, etc?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that all genres are fair game to me EXCEPT romance.
I've always heard of CB and will definetely check it out.

Also there is Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiment Lain, Steins; Gate, Golden Boy, FLCL, and many more.

I've already watched Golden Boy and FLCL, loved them both. Thanks for the other suggestions.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 10/19/12 01:30 AM, RandomRoarness wrote:
Btw, to everyone else. Who can possibly tell me the name of an certain anime that within the first episode This guy's arm and I think as well leg are ripped from him and it are replaced about an episode later on with artifical limbs which the series so happens to be named from

Texhnolyze.

RandomRoarness
RandomRoarness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 09:56 PM Reply

At 10/19/12 12:24 PM, DeIirium wrote:
At 10/19/12 01:30 AM, RandomRoarness wrote:
Texhnolyze.

Yeah, that's the one. Never got the chance to finish it and had already forgotten the name by the time I was gonna continue.

happy, sad....!?

BBS Signature
DJJ-asshole
DJJ-asshole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Anime Club Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 12:08 PM Reply

Hi guys, I'm going to air the Haruhi movie at 8 PM (+1 GMT), join the Synchtube room if you're interested.

http://www.synchtube.com/r/myanimelist#

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 09:14 AM Reply

Anyone know of any good sites for buying (physical) manga or anime DVDs? Amazon and ebay are terrible even for the most mainstream stuff.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature