Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 08:24 AM Reply

Guitar

By coincidence I started playing guitar again yesterday. I got an electric guitar a good 2 years ago but I've spent far too little time on it. It frustrates me that I'll never be able to play as good as I want to. I started playing keyboard when I was 6, had lessons until I was 17 so I'm okay at that, I've good a good feeling for rhythm and I can read sheet music obviously. I only wished my parents forced me to start playing guitar instead of keyboard when I was 6. I could have been the next Jimi Hendrix by know, always high/drunk and plenty of women to go around...

BBS Signature
patu1
patu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 09:10 AM Reply

guitar
Learned for a while, was talented, got boring, stopped learning and forgot everything...(i arranged the sentence this way on purpose).

BBS Signature
Cheektoghetto
Cheektoghetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 09:28 AM Reply

Guitar

I tried learning the Guitar once. I could play a few songs, but never got anywhere major before I gave up. I'm just not the instrument type I guess. Now the Guitar just sits in it's stand and looks pretty.

The only Guitar I play now has 5 color coded buttons.

BBS Signature
Jimp
Jimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 2/19/08 09:10 AM, patu1 wrote: guitar
Learned for a while, was talented, got boring, stopped learning and forgot everything...(i arranged the sentence this way on purpose).

If you were "talented" i dont see how it could get boring. Thats the thing, the more you play the better you get, so you can play and write more complex and interesting things.

BBS Signature
citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 11:05 AM Reply

Is it just me or does that seem like a "Lie"?

Anyway, I have "Musical retardness". Apparently i have the worst taste in music + i can't play an instrument (I fail at guitar hero even on easy >;/)

I'd love to learn the keyboard though, it's the best instrument.

patu1
patu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 2/19/08 11:05 AM, citricsquid wrote:
Is it just me or does that seem like a "Lie"?

Lol i will answer both you and the post before.
it was pretty boring i learned the stuff fast but the songs were stupid and it wasn't fun practicing, so i just stopped gave my guitar back to my cousin and don't regret it even a little bit. my cousin is really good though is been playing for 5 years now.

the bottom point believe me or not i don't care because ooh, i don't know how to play a guitar that is boring...well i don't even remember the accords another reason i think i quited is that my teacher was annoying...anyway those of you who play i think that you waste precious time...you should ask yourself in the following order, do you enjoy playing the guitar ? do you enjoy the sounds it makes or only the fact that playing the guitar is "cool" and people look up to you and shit ?

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 11:54 AM Reply

Learning Guitar
I actually started on a Ukelele, and never went forward from that. I was going to learn the four-string then move up to the six-string, but got too involved with the Ukelele. Now that's the only instrument I know how to play :).

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 12:05 PM Reply

RE: Guitar

I started learning guitar when I was about 16, and had one 1 hour lesson a week. The best advice I can can give is to practice for at least an hour a day. I don't practice much anymore and it shows. I was a lot better when I was 18 than I am now. I'm actually better at Guitar Hero than guitar now...

At 2/19/08 11:54 AM, jmtb02 wrote: I was going to learn the four-string

Don't you mean bass, fewl? =P

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature
Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 12:08 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 11:23 AM, patu1 wrote: anyway those of you who play i think that you waste precious time...you should ask yourself in the following order, do you enjoy playing the guitar ? do you enjoy the sounds it makes or only the fact that playing the guitar is "cool" and people look up to you and shit ?

If the guitarist is skilled enough the guitar is one of the best sounding instruments there is, plus it can be used in lot's of genres of music, it just takes a lot of time to get there.

BBS Signature
Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 12:42 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 07:11 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Moonlight sonata is from Beethoven :) But what helps me to stay focused is to work on an animation for like 45 minutes and then take a short 20 minute break (away from the computer) and then repeat this routine. Good music also helps :)

Sorry, slip up :X I need to work continually though, if i take any breaks it's easier for excuses to slip in and take over.

As-Soul
As-Soul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 01:32 PM Reply

Voice Actors!
I need one, anybody have any suggestions?

dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 01:43 PM Reply

moving away from guitar :P

who else plays the drums? I've played for about 7 years now.

using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
Jimp
Jimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 01:43 PM, dELtaluca wrote: who else plays the drums? I've played for about 7 years now.

My brother plays drums, hes shit hot for his age (16).

kinda annoyed me that id be playing guitar for a few years and then he took up the drums and got better at that than I am at guitar in a few months :P

He beats the shit out of his double bass pedal!

BBS Signature
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 01:55 PM Reply

Musak

At 2/19/08 01:43 PM, dELtaluca wrote: who else plays the drums? I've played for about 7 years now.

One year, and you know how crap I am at them.

As for geetar, I have an Epiphone SG sitting in my cupboard. I'm finding it difficult learning.

Aviary
This blows everything ANY of us here has ever done in Flash out of the water.

Not the intro animation, although thats cool. Read it to find out more about it.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 02:19 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 01:55 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: Aviary
This blows everything ANY of us here has ever done in Flash out of the water.
Not the intro animation, although thats cool. Read it to find out more about it.

The Star Trek ship in the background is pretty epic. lol.

Video Games Live

So i whent to vidfeo games live Sunday night in Edmonton (Orchestrated Game music). It was fucking amazing. Besides having a few annoying nerd type people, it was perfect. They even had that guy who plays Mario songs blindfolded on you tube. He's fucking good.

It was also the first time that the concert ever played metroid music. Which was sweet.

Anyone else ever go to one of these?

BBS Signature
AloneInTheDark
AloneInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 02:23 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 01:32 PM, As-Soul wrote: Voice Actors!

I'd recommend Andy Dennis, voice actor for Jinas. He is the most talented voice actor on NG in my opinion. He also did voices for Cuboy, More Like Blue and Edible Castle. his aim is myandybroke
If you are looking for a female actress, i recommend Laura Post, her aim is batgirl673

BBS Signature
As-Soul
As-Soul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 02:23 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote:

THANKS!

Radioactive24
Radioactive24
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 03:51 PM Reply

d-mac (Double Mac) devin?

Just go to the Voice Actor's Club page.

Specifically, google that shit.

Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 03:52 PM Reply

Tomomato, he's so hot right now.

BBS Signature
Radioactive24
Radioactive24
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 03:56 PM Reply

Myuzacks
I played drums when I was younger and last year I got some lessons for a few months on an old acoustic my mom had. I'd like to pick up an electric and combine what I remember and learn some more by myself. Also, I think I can sing decently.

Cool Flash Site
As Stamper really nicely if he'll show you some of the stuff he did for freelance work before he got a job at NG. It'll blow you mind. Seriously.

Video Game Myuzacks
I went to a Brass concert once. It was quite balling. For sure, niggle.

I also have the orchestrated soundtrack of Super Smash Brothers Melee on my iPood, not to mention countless other video game soundtracks, like Guilty Gear X, which is all metal :3

KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 03:56 PM, Radioactive24 wrote: Cool Flash Site
As Stamper really nicely if he'll show you some of the stuff he did for freelance work before he got a job at NG. It'll blow you mind. Seriously.

I dobult he made an entire range of Creative Editing products including an Image Editor that looks like it rivals Photoshop, a sound editing suite, a 3d graphics app and a Vector editing tool... but I'd like a link if one's going. :)

BBS Signature
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 05:31 PM Reply

I second the recommendation of Tomamoto for superior voice acting of great success. Andy Denis and D-Mac are also good options too, however. Also, check out 'lefthandedsock', he's really good too.

Word to your mother

BBS Signature
Radioactive24
Radioactive24
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 09:45 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 04:34 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
At 2/19/08 03:56 PM, Radioactive24 wrote: Cool Flash Site
I dobult he made an entire range of Creative Editing products including an Image Editor that looks like it rivals Photoshop, a sound editing suite, a 3d graphics app and a Vector editing tool... but I'd like a link if one's going. :)

Actually, he did.

Back in the sixties when everyone was running crack, smach, heroin, speed, dope, LSD, pot, coke, blow, snow, ganja, rock, spoon, ex, goob, snort, angeldust, and Nintendo, Stamper was a very busy man.

Ever hear about Photocock ES? How about Flasher? Or maybe Orgasworks? After Sex?

Those are all programs he made mah man, back when people were still punching keys on a caluclator and turning it upside down to see dirty words.

Needless to say, since the big .com boom of the nineties and the whole "I have this obsession with dicks that is no longer acceptable in today's day and age", it's a good thing he got a job where he gets paid to doodle in Photoshop and Flash and draw cocks and play videogames and suck Tom and Wade and Jeff and Bob and Mindchamber and Tim's cocks (which inspired his grammy nominated, hit song "6 in a Row").

So, there's your answer, plus a background on the King of the Cocks. Yes, he has made his own set of Graphic Design software. Most likely while fondling his 13 and a half inch wanggina.

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 10:43 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cbbKRBk3 4s

My robot, part 2

As-Soul
As-Soul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 11:07 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 10:43 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cbbKRBk3 4s

My robot, part 2

i have no idea how you did that with actionscript, but amazing job dude!

hashbrown
hashbrown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 11:10 PM Reply

At 2/19/08 10:43 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cbbKRBk3 4s

My robot, part 2

i bet since you are at digipen now, you arent the only nerd so be sure to show us all the other cool stuff at the science fair

BBS Signature
NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 12:28 AM Reply

At 2/19/08 11:07 PM, As-Soul wrote: i have no idea how you did that with actionscript, but amazing job dude!

Is it insinuated that AS is involved? I don't think it's an element in this.

BBS Signature
As-Soul
As-Soul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 12:34 AM Reply

read the you tube video information!

Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 2/20/08 12:28 AM, NegativeONE wrote:
At 2/19/08 11:07 PM, As-Soul wrote: i have no idea how you did that with actionscript, but amazing job dude!
Is it insinuated that AS is involved? I don't think it's an element in this.

"Made for my schools mandatory Science Fair. The robot is programmed in Actionscript 3.0, using phidgets (www.phidgets.com) and their AS3 API."

So it is...but I dunno it's not really that impressive...like, it uses censors, and basic maze logic...woo, I guess good for you though, I've never used or programmed any robots, it must have been fun at least.

BBS Signature
Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Feb. 20th, 2008 @ 02:18 AM Reply

chiCAN (get it?)

This is my third try and traditional animation with good 'ol pencil and paper. I made it for my Freshmen Animation class and I got it on the computer using a pencil-test machine. Have any of you tried traditional animation before?

Enjoy.

BBS Signature