00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,883,475 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 17:25:15

At 3/9/08 05:18 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Anyone notice that today the Flash Forum has been a bit out of hand. Not necessarily the regs lounge...we're always screwed up, but more some of the small side-threads. I think some people are just overexcited about Brawl.

I noticed this too.

And I agree with Delta. It is maths not math retards.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 17:25:50

Re:Brawl

At 3/9/08 05:18 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Anyone notice that today the Flash Forum has been a bit out of hand. Not necessarily the regs lounge...we're always screwed up, but more some of the small side-threads. I think some people are just overexcited about Brawl.

About what? Super Smash brothers brawl? Has it come out now?

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 17:36:40

Wow this math talk was stupid.
Shortmonkey what you said was really stupid...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 17:44:25

At 3/9/08 05:25 PM, Mogly wrote: About what? Super Smash brothers brawl? Has it come out now?

Oh crap. Now Mogly is going to join the madness :D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 18:04:00

At 3/9/08 05:44 PM, UnknownFury wrote:
At 3/9/08 05:25 PM, Mogly wrote: About what? Super Smash brothers brawl? Has it come out now?

Shit - his balls are starting to re-ascend :s

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 18:07:12

Re:Brawl

At 3/9/08 06:04 PM, Paranoia wrote:
At 3/9/08 05:44 PM, UnknownFury wrote:
Shit - his balls are starting to re-ascend :s

Putting three question marks in one line isn't a good way of hiding excitement is it..

--

Oh well.
What's been going down at Newgrounds? Been havin yourselfs' a time?

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 18:10:01

Front Page News Peeves
There are a few things about the front page news that kind of peeves me. For one, artists posting that they released something seems so incredibly redundant on so many levels. For one, the portal gave them exposure. For another, if it was noteworthy it would appear on the frontpage or get an award and get on the front page anyway from P-bot's post... which will do much more for them anyway.

For another, people post random crap that is not even worth mentioning on the front page. Like a two sentence rant about something like potato chips or something.

Then as the finale of all of this, people who actually had something interesting to post about (like Luis's interview of Tom Fulp), get pushed off faster because of these people.

Anyone think that there needs to be moderation or heavier requirements for a front page post?

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 18:12:24

At 3/9/08 06:10 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Anyone think that there needs to be moderation or heavier requirements for a front page post?

Moderation, not heavier requirements.

I still don't have front page posting privilages, yet I have FAR more useful things to post than most of them there...¬_¬

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 18:23:23

At 3/9/08 06:10 PM, jmtb02 wrote:
Anyone think that there needs to be moderation or heavier requirements for a front page post?

Well the moderation increase is a must but I still believe artists can promote their own work either way, even if they are getting exposure AND it is redundant XD. But seriously, those authors that aren't even mentioning their upcoming projects or other stuff affiliated with the site are just defeating the whole purpose of front page priveleges for AUTHORS, not random rants about how they cannot stand a franchise.

I just found this on the front page:
http://sir-cannabisclock.newgrounds.com/
news/post/92270

Like seriously, this stuff is undeserving and uneeded there! Bad enough we have General BBS for it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 18:33:23

Front Page News

Still, its a million times better than when EVERYONE could front page post. I mean, most frontpage posts stay up about a good 2 days, and by then most people who are gonna see it, already have.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 18:59:01

At 3/9/08 06:10 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Front Page News Peeves
For another, people post random crap that is not even worth mentioning on the front page. Like a two sentence rant about something like potato chips or something.

Then as the finale of all of this, people who actually had something interesting to post about (like Luis's interview of Tom Fulp), get pushed off faster because of these people.

I think that only people with the same number of awards as me or higher should be able to post :P

Seriously though, I get your point. Maybe there should be some sort of approval or something needed before people actually post. Time limits don't really help, since they just make people want to find something random to post quickly so they can post again sooner.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 19:09:10

RE: FP news

I kind of like how organic it is.. how some days its like junk news and some it has interesting things. I think it feels more alive that way... it allows for other people to get on the soapbox.. like people i would have never bothered to look into... I'm tentative to jump to it being moderated or screened.

what they DO need to do is boot out the KK and junk clocks that are just out to be an annoyance to the site... ie camel animations stunt they pulled over the weekend in the portal.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 19:29:31

At 3/9/08 07:09 PM, Luis wrote:
what they DO need to do is boot out the KK and junk clocks that are just out to be an annoyance to the site... ie camel animations stunt they pulled over the weekend in the portal.

correction, camel animations STUNTS. They're still doing it. I wish these guys would just leave to 4chan and stay there.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 19:48:36

I admit I have abused my front page post abilities...but I deserve it right?

Compare:

http://bomtoons.newgrounds.com/news/post /89402

with

http://psychogoldfish.newgrounds.com/new s/post/89424

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 19:55:20

RE: FP News Peeves

It's a testament to the fact that this is a USER CREATED SITE! Good for the majority popular artists. They'll always have good forms of exposure, but I don't get many mentions on NG. When I submit, it's a blip in a group of 50 some names. Even if only two people note my blog post on the front page, those are two more viewers. It's important that I have unbridled access to this. I have nothing much else.

Anyone ever use that shoutout thing anymore? It actually got me a fan once.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 21:49:49

MSTRKRFT

I saw MSTRKRFT for the second time last night at Studio B in New York. Their show has the most energy for the longest time out of every show I've ever seen. So much fun.

1000 cats

That was absolutely fantastic.

Geek Graph

There was a pretty interesting and funny geek graph in a recent New York Times. They had it up because of the recent death of Gary Gygax, the creator of Dungeons and Dragons. The graph isn't really about D&D though, it spans everything from that to Internets to Harry Potter. If you have a copy, check it out.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-09 22:42:17

RE: Those two guys

Look REALLY good together. The mustache, the hands touching of the drum machine, the stage-it's all so beautifully drawn by God himself.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 00:08:49

NGC History

I don't know where to find one. I looked on FlashWiki and did the Google thing, but to no avail. Would anyone be willing to put on together. Ya'll are an experienced bunch. Help me out.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 01:28:22

Art Forum Contest .... brewing
I'm putting together a little 'Newgrounds prize pack' for a contest i'm going to be hosting over at the art forum to add to the pico day shenanigans. I havent posted it up yet cause I'm waiting for pox's contest to be over but I was wondering if you all would find this a quirky and fun prize package. Thoughts opinions welcome. Not all the shit is pictured buttt.. also i hate first second third prize shits all places get the same thing as with all my contests..

Prize Pack
pico shirt
pico stickers
tankmen stickers
newgrounds stickers
i <3 sick animation stickers
penicorn(?)
domokun (its not really a newgrounds character but i have a bunch of em and domokun smashfest is a rich part of ng history)

==========

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 02:05:09

RE: Art Forum Contest

It's missing teh monies.

Seriously though, that looks like a fun enough prize pack. a lot of stuff to be teased about or be used to vandalize hummers in pittsburgh.

A big NG sticker on the front window of a hummer. Keep an eye out for it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 03:15:59

RE: Prize pack

I added 1000 dollars. and a stick of gum.

not rly.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 03:34:23

At 3/10/08 03:15 AM, Luis wrote: RE: Prize pack

I added 1000 dollars. and a stick of gum.

Domokun toy :D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 09:49:14

At 3/10/08 04:00 AM, citricsquid wrote: Anyway, what size is that shirt? Also there should be some of your hair, that would be a great prize!

Voodoo doll? wtf...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 09:57:26

I can't believe you fags wasted page 1000 with cat pictures.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 10:02:52

At 3/9/08 04:56 PM, Mogly wrote: I didn't know Kirk Cocaine played for the baggies.

lawl. I'm also a great stand up comedian.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 10:47:25

At 3/10/08 04:00 AM, citricsquid wrote:
At 3/10/08 01:28 AM, Luis wrote: Prize Pack
pico shirt
awwww, You're so kind Luis :)
lol
Anyway, what size is that shirt? Also there should be some of your hair, that would be a great prize!

The shirts are actually whatever size you want. I just threw that shirt in there for the sake of the photo... Fulp's donating a few for the contest.. so you will get a brand new one... I will add one more prize in there maybe

The contest isnt going to be drawing pico exclusively, there will be some breathing room.. the deadline will be on pico day however. i will get into greater detail when i post it up. poxpowers contest ends today so i should be putting it up tmrw.

Kirk did you always have long hair? what about anyone else... anyone going through a makeover of some sort.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 10:54:21

At 3/10/08 10:47 AM, Luis wrote: anyone going through a makeover of some sort.

I did about 2 years ago. I started growing out my hair. Unfortunately my hair has yet to grow past my shoulders cuz it's so curly, but i'll get there eventually.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 10:55:26

At 3/10/08 10:47 AM, Luis wrote: Kirk did you always have long hair? what about anyone else... anyone going through a makeover of some sort.

Nah, I've only had long hair for like the last 3 years. I've got short hair on my driver's licence, so people take ages ID'ing me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 10:55:52

At 3/10/08 01:28 AM, Luis wrote: Art Forum Contest .... brewing

Aren't those the old NG Stickers? If someone wins them they could sell them on ebay for MILLZ(rightright)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-10 11:02:41

Speaking of art and stuff. Sketchbook tour 2008. That better be in the pipe line after this contest, 'cos it's nearly 2009 already.

BBS Signature