00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

5Harkbait178 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,884,529 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 15:04:00

\

heres a pic of gabriel ranting about how kenney stole code its from the backgorund of the redesign.

wow strong stuff.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 15:07:54

Welcome back, fuzz!

Paranoia's intro

Its ok, but definatly make a skip intro button.

Btw - I dislike most intos.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 15:23:36

At 8/5/07 02:33 PM, Luis wrote: It would take him all of two mins to send out a prefabricated email.

You're absolutely right Luis and as you said it's an ethical problem. But aren't you a little happy that your work is spreading around the net without your permission?

The first time watched some of your stuff wasn't from Newgrounds and I don't think you wouldn't have been that big today if it wasn't for people who submit your stuff to other sites.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 15:47:59

RPG Puzzle Games

Anything that makes me have to think I stay away from. AS, Puzzles, Word Searches, Find Waldo, it all gives me a headach. But yeah, RPG Puzzles are hard. Like the ones in the XenoSaga series... I got stuck so many times. I didn't find them fun but I was celibrating once I figured out one that toke me 2 months,

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 16:22:00

At 8/4/07 05:51 PM, Paranoia wrote:
At 8/4/07 05:42 PM, Toast wrote:
At 8/4/07 05:27 PM, azwsxdcrfv wrote: Maybe he went back to.... REAL LIFE!
Please god no!
Ye cause I totally had no life when I posted 50 messages the last 2 weeks. There's nothing to do on these forums anymore.
Toast! Young man! You SHALL stay, or by gum I'll... Well, I'll have a bloody good word with you is what I'll do!

ok i stay. But half of my posts get deleted 'cause they're "whine posts" or "posts about the old 2005 bbs" :(

this was not a whine post, it was an informative post.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 16:23:35

At 8/5/07 03:23 PM, Barbeq wrote:
At 8/5/07 02:33 PM, Luis wrote: It would take him all of two mins to send out a prefabricated email.
You're absolutely right Luis and as you said it's an ethical problem. But aren't you a little happy that your work is spreading around the net without your permission?

Well all i have to say is if peoples work has made ebaums so wealthy you'd think the least he could do is tell you when hes 'featuring' you... i mean atleast let me have the satisfaction of TELLING people hey my animation has been featured on major sites like ebaums/newgrounds/bla bla bla ... let me also benefit from it you know what im saying? By just helping himself he really shows a lack of respect for the hard work you put into it. Does it make me happy for people to rip my work (despite that I would have given to them anyway), plug it on their site, have whole collections of just my work and never bother to tell me that they are 'helping' me? no doesnt make me happy.

I think people side with newgrounds because ng has always been a site that is heavily against just taking things and uploading it to the site. They have whistles and other measures to encourage people that just taking something and uploading it to newgrounds is not how they want to make money. Ebaums on the other hand has no problem with that.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 16:29:57

At 8/5/07 04:23 PM, Luis wrote: eBaum's bad.

Why are people still argueing this? Everyones argueing for the same point: Stealing's bad, NG's good.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 16:30:34

Kenney

Lets go ahead and move on from talking about kenney... theres something wrong about going through other peoples issues... dont take shit that you find on the internet so seriously, obviously if Gabs and Kenney arent getting along, just taking Gab's story is going to paint a worse picture of Kenney than someone unbiased. Same thing with taking a story told by Kenney. Its a lose-lose- situation, you'll never really find the real truth of the matter and you probably have no business in it anyway.

Working with others in the flash scene is similar to having a band.. as your fame grows it becomes harder and harder to work together, at some point you decide hey i could probably be just as succesful or more so going solo, and so people do, theres bitter breakups etc etc.

I just think its fucked up to be talking really lengthy discussions about speculations of another user on this site.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 16:37:54

Lets change subjects K?

In an effort to put the ebaums vs. ng / kenney vs. gabs discussion to rest, lets try some new topic.

Do your flash interests trace back within your bloodlines at all?

For example, if youre an animator, does your daddy, or mommy do something art related careerwise? Was your grandad some famous painter or architect, how does the art thing fit into your bloodline or was it some fluke that you panned out this way?

If youre a coder, does your brother or dad or whomever have backgrounds in programming?

Sometimes its interesting to hear how ones environments or upbringings have shaped a person.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 16:39:29

At 8/5/07 03:07 PM, trig1 wrote: Paranoia's intro

Its ok, but definatly make a skip intro button.
Btw - I dislike most intos.

Done and done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 16:41:10

Different topic

hay luis hows that new movie of yours commin along..... and we see a preview?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 16:46:49

Artistic/Coding Upbringing

As far as I know, neither of my parents are artistic, and I know they don't program stuff. My brother is a decent artist, but doesn't draw hardly at all. In my extended family, I have a cousin who is an amazing artist, but I'm lucky to see him once every few years. I can't find his site at the moment, but if I do, I'll link it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 16:47:49

At 8/5/07 04:44 PM, hashbrown wrote:
At 8/5/07 04:41 PM, Pezboy440 wrote: Different topic

hay luis hows that new movie of yours commin along..... and we see a preview?
he could, but then hed have to kill you

oh..... ok... that suckz. :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 16:57:58

At 8/5/07 04:37 PM, Luis wrote: For example, if youre an animator, does your daddy, or mommy do something art related careerwise? Was your grandad some famous painter or architect, how does the art thing fit into your bloodline or was it some fluke that you panned out this way?

My dad and my grandpa are architects, my grandma does some painting, my uncle is a photographer, and my other uncle is a movie script writer for tv... well, not a direct form of art but they work with movies/photographs etc.

If youre a coder, does your brother or dad or whomever have backgrounds in programming?

No. I'm the only programmer within my family and my RL friends.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 17:01:34

did anyone see the X games? i dont like them too much but the tickets were free for me so i went, i only saw the BMX cometition and the Motorcycle stuff on friday. the BMX cometition was CRAZY, lots of tricks and air. this guy kevin robinson got first place again. what surprised me is Matt Hoffman, the BMX legend, ended up in 6th place, and did no tricks whatsoever, and he fell a couple of times. some say its bevcause he wasnt even supossed to go to that, that he just went to chill out or something... weird, i tought it was time for him to retire or something haha.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 17:01:50

TV shows in flash

I know there was a topic like this a while back but what are some tv shows made in flash? I know of Kappa Mikie on cartoon network do any of you know any mare? I know there has to be a fiew.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 17:05:12

At 8/5/07 04:37 PM, Luis wrote: Lets change subjects K?

In an effort to put the ebaums vs. ng / kenney vs. gabs discussion to rest, lets try some new topic.

Do your flash interests trace back within your bloodlines at all?

Yep. My dad's a web developer. He was the one who gave me Flash to draw stuff in. It turns out I've inherited his knack of programming, as I've grasped basic AS concepts rather quickly, in about four days of studying this particular Flash book. I've also made a few test pages using HTML and CSS when I was 10, with the help of my dad. Actually, the pages looked fairly decent, with no 'Times New Roman font and a bunch of white space' crap.

It's pretty neat having someone in your family whom you can learn stuff off of. Any other guys out there who have parents in the web development field?

postcount +=1;

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!

SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 17:16:49

At 8/5/07 04:37 PM, Luis wrote: Flash Bloodlines

My dad heavily influenced me (he didnt force me or anything lol). At the mo hes a IT teacher, knows nearly any real programming language (apart from AS - I had to teach him when he had to teach it), and he was a great help when I first started out, and still is, especailly with me now learning C++. He actually got my first copy of flash (not for me though), he worked for enron when it went bust, saw someone about to chuck away flash 5, he asked to have it, and they did. He started playing about with it, I asked him what he was doing, and I then played with it (I was only 9 or 10 at the time).

5 years later, and he's still helping me out with some hard stuff. He's a cool dude. :D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 18:32:13

At 8/5/07 05:16 PM, trig1 wrote:
Flash Bloodlines
My dad He's a cool dude. :D

Well my dads a drug counselor, i occasionally dabble in drugs just to spite him. hes not a cool dude.
my mother also has no art background. And neither do my sisters.... my dog might have some talent in art its very crude and she needs some training but i have confidence in her.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 18:32:15

Bloodlines

At 8/5/07 04:37 PM, Luis wrote: Sometimes its interesting to hear how ones environments or upbringings have shaped a person.

Neither of my parents are particularly artistic and are definitely not coders. Same goes for the rest of my family. And none of my friends are into that sort of thing either. I just sorta got into the Flash scene by myself.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 18:43:58

My mom is a chemical engineer and my dad is an electrical engineer... neither of them are artistic at all really. My grandparents on my mom's side, however, were really artistic. Maybe it skips a generation or something

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 19:17:27

No-one in my family is particularly artistic, although my dad's good with woodwork and making life-size papier mache horses, and flour cannons. And tyre swings. And garden decking. But that's not really artistic. I was introduced to Flash by a friend who told me the ONLY way to animate in flash was drawing on paper, frame by frame, and scanning it in o.O I have yet to correct him.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 19:37:32

At 8/5/07 04:37 PM, Luis wrote: Do your flash interests trace back within your bloodlines at all?

I can see this topic going places

My parents are both musicians, and though I don't believe this innate attraction to music affects the art itself in my work, I feel that this does influence the type of animation/game that I choose to make. Music videos, for instance, are an interest I have with flash.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 21:04:57

At 8/5/07 04:37 PM, Luis wrote: Do your flash interests trace back within your bloodlines at all?

I did not know when i started all this, but my uncle used to be a very good artist when he was younger. Family did not have the money bto put him through no fancy school or nuthin, so nothing happened with it.

Besides that, no family member has influanced me. My brother is very musical, but again, i did not realize until way after getting into the scene.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 21:16:38

:my dog might have some talent in art its very crude and she needs some training but i have confidence in her.

Thats great luis. :D

And my moms pretty artistic and my dad is not great but he kows his way around a computer. BUt i got flash fom a computer friend at school in like 5 th gread ive had 3 years exp and i'm stil not that great. :D but ya me and that kid are still nerdy friends. :D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-05 23:15:18

So I wonder how much longer it'll be until we see a Luis Day page...

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-06 00:46:57

At 8/5/07 11:15 PM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: So I wonder how much longer it'll be until we see a Luis Day page...

I may do an allnighter and just crank out my movie for the 7th.. i wasn going to but i guess id feel wrong if i didnt.. but we'll see.. im only halfway and have 700 some frames left...

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-06 01:02:08

At 8/6/07 12:46 AM, Luis wrote: I may do an allnighter and just crank out my movie for the 7th.. i wasn going to but i guess id feel wrong if i didnt.. but we'll see.. im only halfway and have 700 some frames left...

You should, because I'm going to not do an allnighter and then wake up well rested and watch it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-06 01:25:47

At 8/6/07 01:23 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Coaly, whilst I appreciate the sentiment of your signature, I've started redoing my site, so anyone who goes there will be vastly disappointed :-p

"This comic is not really a com." Brilliant!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-08-06 01:29:52

At 8/6/07 12:46 AM, Luis wrote:
At 8/5/07 11:15 PM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: So I wonder how much longer it'll be until we see a Luis Day page...
I may do an allnighter and just crank out my movie for the 7th.. i wasn going to but i guess id feel wrong if i didnt.. but we'll see.. im only halfway and have 700 some frames left...

I'm pretty close to finishing mine as well. I dont to submit on the same day as you though, :P.

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature